Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1307178 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesmond3945: 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2021
STENON:
Search for the company recruiting near you or any care homes either advertising or not , give them a phone call, choose the option to speak with the manager, introduce yourself and go straight to the points, tell them you are living not too far from where they are located and inform them that you would like to come and collect their application form in person, fill the form and return it back same day, they will check and ask you to come next 2-3 days for the interview, of you pass, they can give you your employment letter next day and close the online job advertisement..
thank you for this wonderful advise. God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:00am On Jun 13, 2021
Greathand01:
Good afternoon...just wondering...can one get a care support or clinical care or HCA jobs via NHS from Nigeria. Some of the NHS Hospitals sometimes put there that applications from overseas for a Tier 2 visa are welcomed. But in real sense, will they be willing to grant certificate of sponsorship from Nigeria

HCA and support work is on the shortage occupation skills so anything is possible if you have got the right skills. Learnt from a nursing thread that some have been able to secure HCA jobs from Nigeria via the NHS. However, you may need some online trainings on health related courses to boost your chances.

I am currently trying the same route for someone already in the UK though and will update once successful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:05am On Jun 13, 2021
wallg123:
Please Let’s all be guided. Don’t drink and drive in the UK embarassed
I went out last night to London to meet up with old work colleagues and friends at Regents Park. One of my friends who also happens to be an engineer like myself secured a job few months back that pays him over £75k + £15k bonus and a 2021 plate BMW. He was asking me to leave my company and look for more money. I said baba I’m comfortable at my job and I’m trying to stay and I’ve not thought of moving elsewhere yet. After listening to him rant about his recent achievements I almost felt I was doing bad in my career. I was surprised he drove this new car into Central London. Anyways I left regent park at 09:00 pm to catch my train back home. Only for me to wake up this morning with the news that my friend was involved in an accident and his new car has been written off. He was also arrested last night as it appears the accident was very serious. I called his phone this morning m and the a police lady pick up the call and said he will give me a ring later.
My guy needs his driving license for his job, which means he has lost the job. he was driving under the influence of alcohol and weed. He might go to jail depending on police evidence..
The moral of the story remains please avoid the temptation of drinking even if na 1 bottle and driving. Also don’t let no another person achievements make you feel less about yourself….
Let me go and look for my friend

Should we say this is village people at work or just a case of ayò cause am. Hope he didn't harm anyone though.

What money will cause sha

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Greathand01: 9:21am On Jun 13, 2021
fatima04:

HCA and support work is on the shortage occupation skills so anything is possible if you have got the right skills. Learnt from a nursing thread that some have been able to secure HCA jobs from Nigeria via the NHS. However, you may need some online trainings on health related courses to boost your chances.

I am currently trying the same route for someone already in the UK though and will update once successful
thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
fatima04:

Should we say this is village people at work or just a case of ayò cause am. Hope he didn't harm anyone though.

What money will cause sha
nah stupidity not money, cos with money he could afford Ubar!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
erico2k2:

nah stupidity not money, cos with money he could afford Ubar!
U Absolutely right. It was suggested to him to use taxi and pick the car the next day. Him no agree.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
wallg123:

U Absolutely right. It was suggested to him to use taxi and pick the car the next day. Him no agree.
he is defiantly going to prison as that's a custodial offence, he will now have a criminal record which makes working in the Uk nearly 000000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
wallg123:

Most of the Christmas work parties i have attended. Colleague have always gone with the intention to drink to stupid, part of that plan you always hear them say they take a taxi or uber in the end... risking DUI is so foolish

However if he didn't hit kill anybody then no sentence, probably just take his licence and he retest
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TobyTreasure: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
Good day Nl,
Please I'm a prospective student. I would like to know the kind of jobs I can get as MA EDUCATION student during my studies and in my PSWP.
I need your sincere advice, I studied Chemistry Education in my first degree.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
wallg123:
I went out last night to London to meet up with old work colleagues and friends at Regents Park. One of my friends who also happens to be an engineer like myself secured a job few months back that pays him over £75k + £15k bonus and a 2021 plate BMW. He was asking me to leave my company and look for more money. I said baba I’m comfortable at my job and I’m trying to stay and I’ve not thought of moving elsewhere yet. After listening to him rant about his recent achievements I almost felt I was doing bad in my career. I was surprised he drove this new car into Central London. Anyways I left regent park at 09:00 pm to catch my train back home. Only for me to wake up this morning with the news that my friend was involved in an accident and his new car has been written off. He was also arrested last night as it appears the accident was very serious. I called his phone this morning m and the a police lady pick up the call and said he will give me a ring later.
My guy needs his driving license for his job, which means he has lost the job. he was driving under the influence of alcohol and weed. He might go to jail depending on police evidence..
The moral of the story remains please avoid the temptation of drinking even if na 1 bottle and driving. Also don’t let no another person achievements make you feel less about yourself….

I hope he read the small prints of the leased vehicle's insurance........... cheesy

He is out a job, he is going to face a judge, criminal record, a huge debt awaits him etc etc

Uber would have only cost possibly £30.00....... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
TobyTreasure:
Good day Nl,
Please I'm a prospective student. I would like to know the kind of jobs I can get as MA EDUCATION student during my studies and in my PSWP.
I need your sincere advice, I studied Chemistry Education in my first degree.
Thanks

Morgan Stanley, AstraZeneca or Credit Suisse, would be pleased to hear from you....... wink sebi you're a science student....... cool

What sort of jobs are you expecting to do....... cool

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
I need naira please, anyone to exchange with?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OkanlawonB(m): 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
erico2k2:

he is defiantly going to prison as that's a custodial offence, he will now have a criminal record which makes working in the Uk nearly 000000

If he didnt cause anybody any bodily harm, he must not be jailed for the offence and this may not affect his DBS reord talkless being barred from working in the UK. The seizure of his drivers licence for sometime is inconvenient enough consequence.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
AirBay:
I need naira please, anyone to exchange with?

Hallo. Send a PM
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
OkanlawonB:

If he didnt cause anybody any bodily harm, he must not be jailed for the offence and this may not affect his DBS reord talkless being barred from working in the UK. The seizure of his drivers licence for sometime is inconvenient enough consequence.
Bro let me set the talk straight, U can go to jail for any criminal offence, do you agree?Driving under teh Influence is a criminal offence and you can go to jail.he has two offenses, 1Driving under the influence,2 dangerous Driving,He is looking for time anyhow you look at it.you are talking of ban on his license, he is going to lose it as a driving ban means above 9 points, Drink driving carries a maximum of 6 months in prison and an unlimited fine, now that he crashed and Dangerous driving is I included might be 1 year plus
4 ur reference
https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Most of the Christmas work parties i have attended. Colleague have always gone with the intention to drink to stupid, part of that plan you always hear them say they take a taxi or uber in the end... risking DUI is so foolish

However if he didn't hit kill anybody then no sentence, probably just take his licence and he retest
He could have a jail term or suspended sentence,,if you have visited a jail in the Uk there are loads of people in there for drink driving! especially if U got previous!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by AirBay: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Hallo. Send a PM

Sent grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bangin: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
Guys is it possible for a student dependant to get a tier 2 job as a care worker/healthcare assistant in the uk?

If possible, what steps can be taken after arrival in the uk.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hello all, please gurus in the house @justwise , legxus and co ... please I need suggestions as well as advice on this travel out matter below
I just applied to a university in uk Teesside to be precise and waiting for their admission. I'm applying for msc project management with advanced practice. Though I'm a mechanical engineer and skilled in Swimming pool construction/maintenance as well as domestic plumbing. My plan is never to come back again to naija oo as I'm still single n in my early 30s. I was told that I should get married to a citizen so as to secure my resident either during or after my studies and also try to birth a child to indicate commitment to the marriage. Also I was advised to keep schooling from time to time pending when i obtain my resident status.

The thing is I'm skeptical it would be difficult for me to change visa status because I watched various you tube videos discouraging going to the uk..
I plan to settle down there but videos like this discourages me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p43DBKupuw

From frankleen.. most of you might have come across such videos.

I plan on changing route to another country as ive not gone far with this uk issue...but i need advises and other peoples opinion on this issue so dat I don't waste the little money I have and end up with had I know.. I want to know how promising the step I'm taking is, I als want to know as a student will I be fully constrained to d 20hrs work thing, can I get a job in my pool line at least starting with maintenance first etc.

For me life after the visa collection and school is more important for me than just getting the visa.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
jtech17:
Hello all, please gurus in the house @justwise , legxus and co ... please I need suggestions as well as advice on this travel out matter below
I just applied to a university in uk Teesside to be precise and waiting for their admission. I'm applying for msc project management with advanced practice. Though I'm a mechanical engineer and skilled in Swimming pool construction/maintenance as well as domestic plumbing. My plan is never to come back again to naija oo as I'm still single n in my early 30s. I was told that I should get married to a citizen so as to secure my resident either during or after my studies and also try to birth a child to indicate commitment to the marriage. Also I was advised to keep schooling from time to time pending when i obtain my resident status.

The thing is I'm skeptical it would be difficult for me to change visa status because I watched various you tube videos discouraging going to the uk..

I plan on changing route to another country as ive not gone far with this uk issue...but i need advises and other peoples opinion on this issue so dat I don't waste the little money I have and end up with had I know.. I want to know how promising the step I'm taking is, I als want to know as a student will I be fully constrained to d 20hrs work thing, can I get a job in my pool line at least starting with maintenance first etc.

For me life after the visa collection and school is more important for me than just getting the visa.

Thanks in anticipation

This video is 2 years old so I won't take this as the gospel truth as some changes have been introduced..... yes uk not an easy journey to ILR/ Citizenship but a lot make it to the finishing line

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jtech17 - What I cannot stand about Frank, are the lengths of his streams........

You would develop a hernia after watching them........ grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
jtech17:

Thanks in anticipation

To start with..why are you not looking for admission in the area you have skills and experience in already?

Can you afford to study in the UK without worrying about fees and rent?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jbloc: 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
lol..3 small nah.
There will certainly be more. wink

Lexusgs430:

Only you, 3 kids...... cheesy

Any more to come...... tongue
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jbloc: 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
All born abroad.
I hear I could skip the ILR and go straight to naturalization, still researching though!

dustydee:

If the kids were born here, you don't need to apply for ILR, you can apply for citizenship after you get your ILR.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DrObum(m): 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
Aphrodite007:

Hahaha! We go find the bill together grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jbloc:
All born abroad.
I hear I could skip the ILR and go straight to naturalization, still researching though!

I can confirm.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jbloc: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
Sad .......but no be one bottle do your friend tongue
Moral of story - Man, know thyself!
Know when you have gauged and quit and safely drive home. cheesy

wallg123:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
justwise:

To start with..why are you not looking for admission in the area you have skills and experience in already?

Can you afford to study in the UK without worrying about fees and rent?

The thing is the project management msc is in the construction industry.. so its kind of related.. I've had other mechanical engineering experiences as well as outside engineering work experiences... and I think teeside is one of the cheapest when it comes to some engineering courses.. most engineering courses ive checked in other schools re expensive or not related to what I hve skills in... PM is very well related.

I will worry about the fees oo to be honest.. I'm gonna be sponsored by a Relative but the funds will be in my account...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jtech17: 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
LagosismyHome:

This video is 2 years old so I won't take this as the gospel truth as some changes have been introduced..... yes uk not an easy journey to ILR/ Citizenship but a lot make it to the finishing line

I know, but I would like to know how possible is it for the majority on this route to achieve this... like I said I'm ready to settle down not just a sham marriage.... I.don't wanna get there after all the money .. come start to make.new plans to go another country... I'm more particular about the change of visa status to resident... ..

And if you say a lot has changed ... what has really changed..

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jbloc:
lol..3 small nah.

We get power pass ourselves........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jbloc:
lol..3 small nah.

hahahaha.....3 plus x for this country mba oo cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ELff: 12:08am On Jun 14, 2021
Please how do you guys send things to Nigeria, last time I did, it costed a lot because it was by air. I need a cheaper and affordable option Please. Someone was saying I could it by sea, but it takes like a month to get to its final destination.

My fear is won't it get missen or won't they tear the bag open because those Apapa guys and clearing agents are something else. Please help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.