Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1304064 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Momakay: 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
I really like this advice

Rubyventures:

Marriage is not a do or die affair, but when you have lived in Nigeria which is a male dominated country and now relocate to somewhere like the UK . Tt is difficult and you have got to work at it, as long as there is no kind of violence, abuse or infidelity going on.

At least when you finally give it up you will know that you gave it your best shot.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
fatima04:

Just curious if tables were turned would you want the woman to beg to keep her home or just move on. Unions with kids aren't so easy to just pack up laik that oo.

Yes if mediation did not work and right from my first post on this I stated if it’s not working out, if you tried all you can and it’s not working out THEN yes move on!!. Don’t spend the rest of your life begging a woman or man to love and respect you, if you do that then you are a weak man/woman who got no self esteem

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2021
justwise:

Yes if mediation did not work and right from my first post on this I stated if it’s not working out, if you tried all you can and it’s not working out THEN yes move on!!. Don’t spend the rest of your life begging a woman or man to love and respect you, if you do that then you are a weak man/woman who got no self esteem

No marriage can work if one person has given up. It does take two willing parties to make a marriage work so I agree with you

That been said single parent no be bean ooo. That in itself is plenty work

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aydceo: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2021
TosinKate:
I beg, Seniors, do I really need International Driving License or I can use the Nigeria Driver's License in the UK?

Pls is there anyone who is interest to share an apartment with me in London. If your school is in London and you are interested pls link up. I planning to take 3 bedroom apartment and will like someone to share a room while I take the remaining two ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by flinton(m): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
Buying cars via auction sites like copart and co
Anyone with such experience?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TosinKate(f): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2021
TosinKate:
I beg, Seniors, do I really need International Driving License or I can use the Nigeria Driver's License in the UK?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
LagosismyHome:

No marriage can work if one person has given up. It does take two willing parties to make a marriage work so I agree with you

That been said single parent no be bean ooo. That in itself is plenty work

Well …whoever wants to kick her husband out needs to consider that first.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
justwise:

What an insult! A mature married man begging the wife to allow him into their home ? All because his visa is dependent on hers? Ridiculous! Will she try that in Nigeria?

What next ? Wipe her backside so as to stay in the UK? Nonsense!

On the contrary, wiping her backside, might be a romantic gesture .......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Brimmie(m): 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

On the contrary, wiping her backside, might be a romantic gesture .......... grin

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
justwise:

What an insult! A mature married man begging the wife to allow him into their home All because his visa is dependent on hers? Ridiculous! Will she try that in Nigeria?

Guy, it isn't an insult. We don't live in Nigeria and its innate misogyny. I don't mind being called a ''beggar'', ''simp'' etc, as long as the family is happy and I'm providing for them. This thing called marriage in the UK is something we have to continuously work on towards perfection. No one is perfect. This isn't Nigeria where the man can order the woman around simply because he has the testicular fortitude to do so.

If you start to involve lawyers at the slightest whim on marriage matters in the UK, you will spend a lot on lawyers because after divorcing this one, your future partners wouldn't be perfect. You have to be ready to have lawyers on call to engage with you as a multiple divorcee.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Writing from experience? grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
justwise:

[/b]
Writing from experience? grin grin

No o ..... Don't point your AK47, at the messenger ..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:56pm On Aug 12, 2021
claremont:

Guy, it isn't an insult. We don't live in Nigeria and its innate misogyny. I don't mind being called a ''beggar'', ''simp'' etc, as long as the family is happy and I'm providing for them. This thing called marriage in the UK is something we have to continuously work on towards perfection. No one is perfect. This isn't Nigeria where the man can order the woman around simply because he has the testicular fortitude to do so.

If you start to involve lawyers at the slightest whim on marriage matters in the UK, you will spend a lot on lawyers because after divorcing this one, your future partners wouldn't be perfect. You have to be ready to have lawyers on call to engage with you as a multiple divorcee.

Lawyers are not complaining, after all that's why they went down the LLB route ...........

You don't even need a lawyer in some cases, if both parties are reasonable ......

Ever heard the term ' quickie divorce '........ It's not only during sexual rendezvous, you can apply that term ' quickie'...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2021
claremont:

I respect your choice to be a ''beggar'' or ''simp'' but i will not take that part in my marriage.

If she has any atom of respect for the father of her two kids kicking him out in a foreign land should be the last thing in her mind.

She did that to humiliate and belittle him and you expect him to go begging?

Once you start begging you are massaging her ego and enabling her to repeat such in the future

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dupyshoo: 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2021
Do you have a problem when a matured woman with her family members come and beg a man to allow a woman back into the house even though the money to build the house came from both? This is what happens frequently in Nigeria.

I will love to hear from the wife before coming to any conclusion.

However, whether it is a matured man or matured woman, nobody should be too big to say sorry and beg if you are at wrong. There is nothing insulting about saying sorry when you have offended your spouse.

justwise:

What an insult! A mature married man begging the wife to allow him into their home ? All because his visa is dependent on hers? Ridiculous! Will she try that in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dupyshoo: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
Thank you my sis.
fatima04:

Just curious if tables were turned would you want the woman to beg to keep her home or just move on. Unions with kids aren't so easy to just pack up laik that oo.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fabulous2019: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
Good day house
Please Swansea University and university of hull which is better to study
Despite hull is far cheaper,
but how is the town for both in terms of job opportunity, feeding, accommodation,etc
Swansea is Wales
Is Wales a cool place
Abeg people in UK help me with my questions thanks
me urgent I wanna pay deposit
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dupyshoo: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
Nairaland needs to include "unlike" button so that we can unlike comments. grin I really need to unlike some comments. grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
dupyshoo:
Do you have a problem when a matured woman with her family members come and beg a man to allow a woman back into the house even though the money to build the house came from both? This is what happens frequently in Nigeria.

However, whether it is a matured man or matured woman, nobody should be too big to say sorry and beg if you are at wrong. There is nothing insulting about saying sorry when you have offended your spouse.

You see, my dear. You are dealing with men of high ego and probably highly misogynistic here.
Men who prostrate to their wives at night (according to someone) but come on here to flex masculine muscle.

Like I Said earlier, as someone who has experienced divorce and co-parenting in the UK, I will first of all advice a man to ensure that separate living is the last, very last resort.

If there is no physical abuse.
No sleeping around with other men.
No insulting my mother.

I would try and make things work first.

Like mentioned to @Lightest previously, when the sh*t hits the ceiling, all these ‘men’ talking will not be there. Even 1 penny, no, 1 Kobo. Shishi. They will not help out with. Na OP go suffer him suffer.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by KOVIC19COVID20: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
icon8:

Double your hustle, bro. That is the poverty mentality in you speaking. If God blesses your hustle, taking a very good care of your 2 children won’t seem a DIE affair to you, with or without a wife. What does it cost to properly raise a child in the UK per annum? Is that worth sacrificing one’s life or peace of mind over?

You know the thing about this Nairaland? Someone who has previously done everything humanly possible to keep his own marriage in the UK can come and advise someone who hasn’t spent up to 1 year in the UK on how to scatter their own.

As someone who has experienced, and is still experiencing first hand what divorce, separation and co-parenting in the UK is, I think I have the wherewithal to advice @Lightest to calm down and try and work things out with his wife.

12 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
Everyone should know what most women can be irrational in their actions or words when pushed to the wall, which they later regret when they come back to themselves. Guys should know that what makes a man a man is not only his ego that needs to be constantly massaged by his wife but his ability to bear and tolerate her excesses, apologize when necessary and dealing with her with understanding. Like people have said, OP should involve his wife's family members (not his own because they will take side and probably add more fuel to the flame).

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by JustAPasserBy: 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2021
@Lexusgs430
@Justwise
@wonlasewonimi
@marylandcakes
@Lagosismyhome
@chukwuma16
@erico2k2
@etc…

Please guys, if I have £500 I want to buy crypto with, what gateway would you suggest I use? Between Revolut & Blockchain
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by BouharryArtikou: 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
fabulous2019:
Good day house
Please Swansea University and university of hull which is better to study
Despite hull is far cheaper,
but how is the town for both in terms of job opportunity, feeding, accommodation,etc
Swansea is Wales
Is Wales a cool place
Abeg people in UK help me with my questions thanks
me urgent I wanna pay deposit

Are you going for the exact same course in both schools?
Are the modules exactly the same?
What is your real motive for wanting to go to the UK? Schooling education or Japa-ing from U.A.R?

I don’t know anything about the universities but I know that Swansea is Bigger than Hull. This naturally will translate into better ‘student job’ opportunities.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2021
dupyshoo:
Do you have a problem when a matured woman with her family members come and beg a man to allow a woman back into the house even though the money to build the house came from both?
This is what happens frequently in Nigeria.

Yes!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ahappygirl: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
Please I need help from anyone that Has been to Nigeria recently. Do I have to register on the travel portal with the PCR result? Result would be out on Sunday and I'm travelling on Monday.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
JustAPasserBy:
@Lexusgs430
@Justwise
@wonlasewonimi
@marylandcakes
@Lagosismyhome
@chukwuma16
@erico2k2
@etc…

Please guys, if I have £500 I want to buy crypto with, what gateway would you suggest I use? Between Revolut & Blockchain

Not revolut (you don't have the key).......

coinbase........... Is your base ....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TosinKate(f): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
You will register and upload the negative test result. Some airlines will even request it during check-in.

Ahappygirl:
Please I need help from anyone that Has been to Nigeria recently. Do I have to register on the travel portal with the PCR result? The result would be out on Sunday and I'm traveling on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
JustAPasserBy:
@Lexusgs430
@Justwise
@wonlasewonimi
@marylandcakes
@Lagosismyhome
@chukwuma16
@erico2k2
@etc…

I use coinbase for my crypto.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Not revolut (you don't have the key).......

coinbase........... Is your base ....... grin
With coinbase too you do not have the private keys.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fabulous2019: 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
BouharryArtikou:

Are you going for the exact same course in both schools?
Are the modules exactly the same?
What is your real motive for wanting to go to the UK? Schooling education or Japa-ing from U.A.R?

I don’t know anything about the universities but I know that Swansea is Bigger than Hull. This naturally will translate into better ‘student job’ opportunities.

Thanks very much
Yes it is the same course creativeEnglish
It is my wife going, I would be following her, so I can work unlimited but she can work 20hrs
Also there is 2 years post study, so it is the town prospects I actually wanna know about jobs, safety
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
dustydee:

With coinbase too you do not have the private keys.

But with coinbase, you have a paper wallet capability....... An easy process, just move all or some of yourcoins to the paper wallet (public key) and you can get them back using the private key......

You can move any number of coins from any source to the public key, then get them back to your coinbase account using the private key.......

You can then cash in with a Coinbase link to your bank account. You can't cash in with a Blockchain account.......

I hope with this few points of mine, i have convinced you ....... Not confuse you that, with coinbase....... You are well based ......... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
@lexusgs430 Antispam bot tongue
Oya beg Justwise grin
Thank you Justwise for unbanning me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.