Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1302766 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by CowbellY: 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
Was it Lexusgs430 or someone else who made mention of a site where one could check banks to apply too ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
CowbellY:
Was it Lexusgs430 or someone else who made mention of a site where one could check banks to apply too ?

I have mentioned so many things, that I have lost count.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Omar09(m): 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2018
Pls mod.... can someone who studied physics go for nursing school in Uk? How possible is that?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
EsotericMonk:

As in ehn, only £70 would take me to a good number of Euro cities but why would I go from cold to colder? cheesy
Europe na for summer runs.
Many thanks @engrsaks , mimzyy, disguy
even if it means you save £2,000. shey the summer of all your 9ja life neva do you? At least, some live in winter all their lives

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello house, how weather.
So I'm preparing to apply for the visa (Tier 2 dependent) of my wife and kid.
I have some assumptions about the process/requirements, please gurus correct me if I'm wrong.
For my kid, I believe I just need to pay the required fees, proof of funds £630 and birth certificate. I assume he doesn't need to do medicals.
For my wife;
1. She needs police clearance
2. Medicals
3. I assume she doesn't need proof of language proficiency (IELTS/UKNARIC)
please is there anything I'm missing? Or am I wrong about any of my assumptions? Especially that language proficiency part, does my wife need it?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:37am On Dec 21, 2018
sutelk:
Hello house, how weather.
So I'm preparing to apply for the visa (Tier 2 dependent) of my wife and kid.
I have some assumptions about the process/requirements, please gurus correct me if I'm wrong.
For my kid, I believe I just need to pay the required fees, proof of funds £630 and birth certificate. I assume he doesn't need to do medicals.
For my wife;
1. She needs police clearance
2. Medicals
3. I assume she doesn't need proof of language proficiency (IELTS/UKNARIC)
please is there anything I'm missing? Or am I wrong about any of my assumptions? Especially that language proficiency part, does my wife need it?

Why does she not require Number 3?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:11am On Dec 21, 2018
And this someone that needs Jesus or is deluded............

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:32am On Dec 21, 2018
Now where is that chap that is so convinced that the UK government gives everyone a very small one bedroom flat in the UK?

So why are so many people dying on the same streets of United Kingdom?

Did they refuse their own share of the very small one bedroom flats?

And incase you are wondering what's in that shopping trolley? It's the worldly goods of the homeless person......

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Omar09(m): 6:59am On Dec 21, 2018
Biko..... i studied physics education in my bachelor degree. Is it possible for me to switch to nursing in my masters in uk? I have asked this question before.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tinkybabe(f): 8:10am On Dec 21, 2018
Omar09:
Biko..... i studied physics education in my bachelor degree. Is it possible for me to switch to nursing in my masters in uk? I have asked this question before.
I doubt if you can study nursing on a masters level without a foundational knowledge. It's one of the professional healthcare courses that requires you to have the basic undergraduate knowledge ie a degree as well as clinical experience before you can even be considered for a masters . Besides, if you're intending to work as a nurse in the UK, you have to have a minimum of a Bachelor (Bsc) in nursing.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Why does she not require Number 3?
Does she require IELTS/UKNARIC? I'm not sure that's why I'm asking. I know the main applicant requires it, but I'm not sure if the dependent requires one, I've not seen it in the guidance notes for dependents. hence my asking.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2018
sutelk:

Does she require IELTS/UKNARIC? I'm not sure that's why I'm asking. I know the main applicant requires it, but I'm not sure if the dependent requires one, I've not seen it in the guidance notes for dependents. hence my asking.

She needs to prove she can communicate appropriately in English language.......

So in essence, either is required........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 9:00am On Dec 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

She needs to prove she can communicate appropriately in English language.......

So in essence, either is required........
And my budget just increased. it is well, will get to work on it.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Dec 21, 2018
sutelk:

Thanks.

I wish I could add an 'N' to the either required..... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 9:43am On Dec 21, 2018
This is incorrect, your spouse does not need IELTS or NARIC for a tier 2 dependant visa. The main requirement are proof of funds maintained for 90 days, proof that your relationship is genuine, tb test and pay nhs fee. Download this document and digest it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-dependants-of-uk-visa-applicants-tiers-1-2-4-5

My partner applied some months ago and we didn't submit any proof of English. Here is a link to the documents submitted for my partner's application. https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/477#69102226

Also, post your questions on this thread instead, it specifically addresses visa queries https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

sutelk:

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 10:07am On Dec 21, 2018
nomad26:
This is incorrect, your spouse does not need IELTS or NARIC for a tier 2 dependant visa. The main requirement are proof of funds maintained for 28 days, proof that your relationship is genuine, tb test and pay nhs fee. Download this document and digest it.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-dependants-of-uk-visa-applicants-tiers-1-2-4-5

My partner applied some months ago and we didn't submit any proof of English. Here is a link to the documents submitted for my partner's application. https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/477#69102226

Also, post your questions on this thread instead, it specifically addresses visa queries https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part

Thanks for sharing your experience, really reassuring.
But I noticed you mentioned 28 days for proof of funds, are you sure about this? Cos what I see on the guidance notes is £630 for 90 days. Has it changed?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:10am On Dec 21, 2018
sutelk:

But I noticed you mentioned 28 days for proof of funds, are you sure about this? Cos what I see on the guidance notes is £630 for 90 days. Has it changed?

It seems the English test is not required, but I would personally advice NARIC, just incase your wife wants to study further, while in the UK.

I had my spousal visa hat on earlier.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2018
Omar09:
Pls mod.... can someone who studied physics go for nursing school in Uk? How possible is that?

Of course you can. It’s your money! Besides you’re still in sciences so you will have knowledge of the pre-requisite. But if the school checks your result and assume you don’t have the basic pre-req, they will advise you to do a foundation course (that you’ll pay for obviously). So like I said, you can do anything- it’s your money.

Wish you the best- nursing is a great course but I’ll advice you do it as an undergrad degree and not a masters degree because this is the only way you can work.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2018
Lexus o, I need your help. Do you think I can travel to Dublin with my spousal visa? Or do I need to apply for a visa. All the things they are saying on the website is just hard to understand. (PS: I’ve got a schengen visa for two years)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2018
Aphrodite007:
Lexus o, I need your help. Do you think I can travel to Dublin with my spousal visa? Or do I need to apply for a visa. All the things they are saying on the website is just hard to understand. (PS: I’ve got a schengen visa for two years)

I think your spousal visa, falls under the visa waiver program. So you are good to go......

But would double check and update you.....

I could not get any concrete answer, I even phoned Dublin embassy, but the chap I spoke to could not give any concrete answer either. He directed me to call 02034811736 (number chargeable at £1.50).....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beyondbasicsng: 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2018
@sutelk your child needs to do the TB test (they won't be doing a chest x-ray, they'll just ask the parent a few questions and do a simple examination)

For your wife, she doesn't require either IELTS/UKNARIC, not for the visa type anyway.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Omar09(m): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Of course you can. It’s your money! Besides you’re still in sciences so you will have knowledge of the pre-requisite. But if the school checks your result and assume you don’t have the basic pre-req, they will advise you to do a foundation course (that you’ll pay for obviously). So like I said, you can do anything- it’s your money.

Wish you the best- nursing is a great course but I’ll advice you do it as an undergrad degree and not a masters degree because this is the only way you can work.

OK thanks. I will consider doing it as an undergrad course.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2018
Yes, you're right it is for 90 days, I made a mistake. I have edited the post.
sutelk:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Divine88: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2018
Aphrodite007:
I remember when I went to Dublin few years ago, I was on a student visa. I applied for an Irish tourist visa. I think u will need to apply.
Let wait for others opinion

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by inagbe1: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2018
nomad26:
This is incorrect, your spouse does not need IELTS or NARIC for a tier 2 dependant visa. The main requirement are proof of funds maintained for 90 days, proof that your relationship is genuine, tb test and pay nhs fee. Download this document and digest it.

Good evening, is there any link to how i can get a tier 2 sponsorship. I am a Pharmacist.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2018
beyondbasicsng:
@sutelk your child needs to do the TB test (they won't be doing a chest x-ray, they'll just ask the parent a few questions and do a simple examination)

For your wife, she doesn't require either IELTS/UKNARIC, not for the visa type anyway.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subcbouy: 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2018
nomad26:
Yes, you're right it is for 90 days, I made a mistake. I have edited the post.
I want you to advice if it is possible to nationalize after spending five years on tier 2 visa.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2018
As far as I know, if you've been on tier 2 general for 5 years, you can apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain). See this link for details https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/you-have-a-work-visa/tier-2-general-visa

subcbouy:
I want you to advice if it is possible to nationalize after spending five years on tier 2 visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by subcbouy: 10:18pm On Dec 21, 2018
nomad26:
As far as I know, if you've been on tier 2 general for 5 years, you can apply for ILR (indefinite leave to remain). See this link for details https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/you-have-a-work-visa/tier-2-general-visa

cheers man.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2018
This is very true....I did same too
beyondbasicsng:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I think your spousal visa, falls under the visa waiver program. So you are good to go......

But would double check and update you.....

I could not get any concrete answer, I even phoned Dublin embassy, but the chap I spoke to could not give any concrete answer either. He directed me to call 02034811736 (number chargeable at £1.50).....

You’re the best dear! I read online about the waiver but I wanted to be sure that’s why I asked you.

Hehe I normally don’t bother calling the embassies anymore because the people that answer never seem to know much. But I will call this one. Thank you so much.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by SIRTee15: 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
Anyone know which European country will accept valid tier 2 visa on my nigerian passport as entry requirements at the border... .
I'm thinking of some sort of vacation this xmas/New year but left it too late to start applying for visa n stuffs....
Preferably Mediterranean countries....

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.