Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) (16680 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ReachRich(m): 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
OAM4J:

I dont know where SR got its info. Reliable source in the senate just told me the list includes 18 former ministers. Will give breakdown later. not sure Dora included. But sure of the 18 figure.
How come u know so much about what happens in 9ja?I tot u are in Europe?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

Except an Igbo or Rivers man occupies the oil ministry I will not be satisfied with the new appointments.

Oh sorry I forgot to add that an Igbo man also has to be minister of finance and defence.

Then and only then will all the years of our persecution be fully appeased.  grin grin grin

hey frosbel, except a southerner occupies that position I will not be satisfied instead keep that tribalistic tendencies aside, u hea!!!!!!! learn to build with one voice, I'm a southerner and from a state where the most purified crude oil( almost 10% non-refinery) in the world is produced and the 2nd state to produce the highest number of bpd undecided
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by AfroCynic: 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
doyin13:

I am one of her fans and I was disappointed not with her but with Yaradua for putting
her in a role that was totally unsuited for her.

Of course you might say, why would she accept a role that she should know she was not
qualified for?

Well, she is power hungry, perhaps overambitious and probably a tad deficient on the moral
side of things.

But you cannot deny her energy, energy that a few of our key ministries could
do with.

A portfolio like Works for example with a litany of unfulfilled contracts would be ideal for her.
Power perhaps too technical, but transport most definitely.

Juxtaposed with the thieving deadbeats who have formed cabinets in Nigeria for so long, I
will gladly take Dora anyday.

Gbam! A position where the results will be tangible and almost without dispute is best for Ms. Dora.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by kshow1(m): 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
Why must  dora be included ??, Is there no other credible person in Nigeria ?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by kosovo(m): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
akwaowoudo:

Nothing is wrong if Dora Akunyili takes rest. She has fought good fights and would be remembered for. Anywhere i am going to persuade Goodluck Jonathan to make her INEC boss.[color=#990000][/color]
Any one who likes Dora, would not advise her to the INEC boss chair . . . Doing that would finally Put her name in the trash-can, Where it almost ended when she became the Info. Minister
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
kshow1:

Unfortunately, our history suggests we don't have too many  undecided undecided
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
doyin13:

I am one of her fans and I was disappointed not with her but with Yaradua for putting
her in a role that was totally unsuited for her.

In essence, Yar adua is to blame for all the mistakes made by Dora all 2009 and the January of 2010? So, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a person like Dora to be expected not to lie or plot to deceive the Nigerian people in anyway because she was put in position YOU assume she was not well-suited for?

doyin13:

Of course you might say, why would she accept a role that she should know she was not
qualified for?

Well, she is power hungry, perhaps overambitious and probably a tad deficient on the moral
side of things.

But you cannot deny her energy, energy that a few of our key ministries could
do with.

A portfolio like Works for example with a litany of unfulfilled contracts would be ideal for her.
Power perhaps too technical, but transport most definitely.

Juxtaposed with the thieving deadbeats who have formed cabinets in Nigeria for so long, I
will gladly take Dora anyday.

Dude, you LOST me when you said Yaradua is to blame in the first part of your post. I don't know what Yar adua has to do with her choosing to lie to the Nigerian people for well over 2 months before turning only a few weeks ago( mind you way after the protests to have Jonathan appointed began). Let me guess, Yar adua also had mind-control JUJU POWER over her when EKITI happened, and Yaradua also caused NTA ? Note: Most all of this happened in the span of a year.

And works? Are you kidding me? She wasn't able to prove she could handle SIMPLE communications, na works u go now hand am? **shudders***
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ReachRich(m): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
kshow1:

She is beta than most of her former colleague.I am 1 of her fans.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
alexleo:

So whats Dora's sin? Because she said Power should move to Jonathan since Yaradua is incapacitated. Some comments here looks foolish. Even if she made a mistake in the way she went about it at first, didnt she tell us she was having sleepless nights for not telling the truth to Nigerians about Yaradua?

Like I said, Nigerians have SERIOUS short-term memory issues!

A mistake? Are you sure you have any clue about this woman's history at all? Or are you just wanting to post for posting sake?

alexleo:

But we all know that some positions in Nigeria are complicated to handle and people are here condemning her as is they themselves are saints. Thats quite unfair. Her name should be in that list though i know the senate might be waiting to undo her but one thing we should all bear in mind is that God is the one who holds our future in his hands and Dora cannot be swallowed by any human being.

Minister of Communication position is COMPLICATED? ROFLMAO!!! Dude, Please take time to actually learn what it entails to be a minister of communication in your own country. Visit the website and check out the pledge the minister made  to you as a Nigerian.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by suxes2005(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
kobojunkie, you are bery right and moreover
if she really needs to keep her integrity, then
she ought not to av accepted d post then!

But who knows who is who self?
OAMJ4 can tell us more about these pple. LOL

SHALOM
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

In essence, Yar adua is to blame for all the mistakes made by Dora all 2009 and the January of 2010? So, it is IMPOSSIBLE for a person like Dora to be expected not to lie or plot to deceive the Nigerian people in anyway because she was put in position YOU assume she was not well-suited for?

Dude, you LOST me when you said Yaradua is to blame in the first part of your post. I don't know what Yar adua has to do with her choosing to lie to the Nigerian people for well over 2 months before turning only a few weeks ago( mind you way after the protests to have Jonathan appointed began). Let me guess, Yar adua also had mind-control JUJU POWER over her when EKITI happened, and Yaradua also caused NTA ? Note: Most all of this happened in the span of a year.

You can only actually speculate if she was lying or not.

For all we know, she probably believed those in the know(the dreaded cabal)
when the latter informed the cabinet the President was well.

I dread to think she knew the President was indisposed and lied to the nation
he was alive and well.

From the interviews she gave much later on, she confirmed the protests made her
start to question the veracity of information she and other members of the cabinet
were being given.

And I know folks are saying she was being opportunistic. But it still took political courage
to pass that memo. For all she knew, Yaradua might have appeared from nowhere and
that was that for her political career.

Like I said before, the post didn't suit her and she was on a farthing to nothing. The buck
stops with the President as chief executive, and it is his responsibility to place his ministers
in positions they are best suited. Something about round hole and pegs. . . .
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Meldrick(m): 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2010
frosbel:

Except an Igbo or Rivers man occupies the oil ministry I will not be satisfied with the new appointments.

Oh sorry I forgot to add that an Igbo man also has to be minister of finance and defence.

Then and only then will all the years of our persecution be fully appeased. grin grin grin

YOU ARE ON A SWEET FLIGHT IN YOUR DREAMS. KEEP DREAMING
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2010
suxes2005:

kobojunkie, you are bery right and moreover
if she really needs to keep her integrity, then
she ought not to av accepted d post then!

But who knows who is who self?
OAMJ4 can tell us more about these pple. LOL

SHALOM

my friend. . .integrity is in short supply in Naija
and with the nature of our problems I rate it
below energy and a can-do-attitude.

Dora has energy in abundance and she doesn't
need to convince anyone I don't think that she can get
things done.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by OAM4J: 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2010
ReachRich:

How come u know so much about what happens in 9ja?I tot u are in Europe?
lol
Ever heard of the term 'global village'?

Anyway am an high stakeholder in the Nigeria Enterprise and I happen to know some people in the right quarters.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by chidyke77(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by chidyke77(m): 7:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
I won't like her to handle d job of EFCC coz that wld keep her life in great jeopardy neither wld i support INEC. Power wld hv bn d best bt she cnt handle it because of its complexity.
Let her take a break,am still proud of her.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2010
doyin13:

You can only actually speculate if she was lying or not.

For all we know, she probably believed those in the know(the dreaded cabal)
when the latter informed the cabinet the President was well.

I dread to think she knew the President was indisposed and lied to the nation
he was alive and well.

What? shocked

Dude, I am SHOCKED!!! Does one have to be a rocket scientist to know that a man who suffered the same ailment during his 8 years prior as State Governor of Katsina is ill? I am not sure I follow what you are saying here. Are you saying she did not know he was sick or she did not know he was gone? Which?  Are you saying she did not know Yar adua was in Saudi Arabia( trip he had made so many times prior) to tend to his health? Are you saying she did not know that Jonathan had not even spoken to the man( by the way, she was reported to have said that He had as She confirmed in a report back in November/December that the president was well).

doyin13:

From the interviews she gave much later on, she confirmed the protests made her
start to question the veracity of information she and other members of the cabinet
were being given.

OH WOW!!! The protests WOKE her UP? OH WOW!!! Are you kidding me? You really buy the claim that the protests woke her up to what the constitution really says on a president leaving the country? The protests woke her up to the fact that an indisposed president ought to hand over power before he goes off to take care of his personal issues? I am still confused here . . . what exactly did she not know of before the protests?  That Yar adua was in a hospital somewhere in Saudi Arabia? That the president had not been in the country for almost 2 years? That no one of the members of cabinet had actually communicated with the man since he left Nigeria? Did She not listen to the same broadcast from the BBC that millions of Nigerians did of the president speaking of coming back? What did she not know?

doyin13:

And I know folks are saying she was being opportunistic. But it still took political courage
to pass that memo. For all she knew, Yaradua might have appeared from nowhere and
that was that for her political career.

Like I said before, the post didn't suit her and she was on a farthing to nothing. The buck
stops with the President as chief executive, and it is his responsibility to place his ministers
in positions they are best suited. Something about round hole and pegs. . . .

I don't care if she aims to hit the ceilings, that is her business and she has a right to go for the sky. What I am simply trying to get here is why she should not be held accountable for the blunders of her time as Minister of Communication? Why? I hate to break it to you; it does not take a Harvard School degree to be minister of Communication, especially in a country like Nigeria. If you ask me, I think it is one of the easiest jobs in that country. So, that whole “Yeah, she blew it but it was because she was not really cut out for the job" excuse does not cut it. Apparently, she felt she had what it takes; she was FORCED to resign only a couple of days ago, right? She never resigned on her own in over a year so, please let that excuse lie. It can no longer be applicable, just redundant, since the woman herself NEVER sought to resign. 2008, through 2010; She would have finished out and even asked for extra if the VP had not done what he did .
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
Na wa oh, this was the same Dora that people were singing her praise and all that, how i would like to read what people have got to say.
The woman and her agenda has suffered a blow to the head . . . .ouucccchhhhh
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by trueword: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
hmm. So we going to have an economic czar. Well I hope he is very serious since he has been managing director at Goldman Sachs. He should be knowledgeable on the kinds of policies that will help to drive private sector investments.

As for the others, let's just wait and see the minister position they are given.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2010
lol. . .I am not holding brief for her over her tenure as info minister.

I will be the first to admit she was a poor information minister with
her ill conceived rebranding project and her utterances at the beginning
of the crisis.

I have also already admitted that she is likely to be let down by her low
moral threshold because of her desire to be involved, to be relevant.

Does this disqualify her from being retained as information minister? certainly
and possibly other similar roles.

But she has shown enough first as NAFDAC and even during her stint as info
minister that she would be invaluable to the nation in positions that have proven
problematic for a very long time.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by chidyke77(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
Those critisizing her shuld check her past record in NAFDAC.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by emmydee(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dora will go for INEC chair!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by beystwin: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
Like the wise amongst us have rightly said; Let us wait for the full list. lipsrsealed
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Fhemmmy: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
chidyke77:

Those critisizing her shuld check her past record in NAFDAC.

Since you know more about her past with NAFDAC, please enlighten us
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Mar 23, 2010
doyin13:

lol. . .I am not holding brief for her over her tenure as info minister.

I will be the first to admit she was a poor information minister with
her ill conceived rebranding project and her utterances at the beginning
of the crisis.

Did I say anything about her "Rebranding" project? NO, I choose not to because I am not sure I can JUDGE the project fairly as I can her decisions in other areas. I was against her selling us yet another 'REBRAND Nigeria without dealing with the main issues', but I will say, maybe she truly believed she could do that. And that to me is in itself another problem. Would I want to give a leadership role to anyone who feels it is NOT necessary to deal with root issues; but ok to sort of mask the real problem and demand my masking/white-washing be accepted, in the name of change? NAH!!

doyin13:

I have also already admitted that she is likely to be let down by her low
moral threshold because of her desire to be involved, to be relevant.

Hhhhmmm. . . .  She lowered her moral threshold because of her desire to be involved, to be relevant? What are you now? A Psychologist? Please lets stick to what we KNOW please.

doyin13:

Does this disqualify her from being retained as information minister? certainly
and possibly other similar roles.

But she has shown enough first as NAFDAC and even during her stint as info
minister that she would be invaluable to the nation in positions that have proven
problematic for a very long time.

I beg to differ. If we truly believe she is responsible for the good work back at NAFDAC, then I will support her being thrown back there where we actually have results, but as for her stint as Information Minister, I give her a solid D( Not an F because I am in a generous mood). Remember she had more than a year to correct herself but she just kept those blunders coming, back to back!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by OAM4J: 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
No one should believe SR news yet. Dora might be in the list.

I have nothing against Dora, she is a good woman. She was only in the wrong cabinet at the wrong time.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
OAM4J:

I have nothing against Dora, she is a good woman. She was only in the wrong cabinet at the wrong time.

If that was true, she would have stepped down, if she knows she wont be able to perform on the "wrong cabinet"
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2010
OAM4J:

SigH!!! and when has there ever been a right time to be in any cabinet? We speak as if we have not always known of the situation in Nigerian government for the longest. Suddenly we are here pretending what we have now is brand new to us, and to the woman? The Nigerian people expected her to do the job, understanding the difficulties that it would entail. She did her job, now it is not for you and I to cook up excuses for her ineptitude but to fairly judge her for her time in the role. Would you be willing to make the same concession for Iwu, and the many other Ministers?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
Am having a heart Attack, just saw part of the list on AIT, what the hell is Josephine Anineh doing there, and who the hell is Muktar yarAdua?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
some names on the list just mentioned on AIT

sanusi daggash
odeion ajumogbia
joy anenih
godswill orubebe
abdul masari
murtala yaradua
nuhu way
adetokunbo kayode
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
aisha2:

Am having a heart Attack, just saw part of the list on AIT, what the hell is Josephine Anineh doing there, and who the hell is Muktar yarAdua?

the thing tire me my sister oo.

I hope she doesn't have anything to do with Chief Anenih
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by OAM4J: 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
Fhemmy,

I really dont want to get involve in Dora's debate.

i will say I was one of the people who called for her resignation on this forum, but am glad at the end of the day that she didnt because she was instrumental in breaking the cabal hold on FEC when it mattered most.

@kobo
I dont think it is an easy job to be an information minister to a non performing govt that is losing credibility. Ask Uche Chukwumerije how easy it was being an information minister to Ibb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? / Osinbajo Meets With Bukola Saraki For Security Summit / Dino Melaye: "I Will Obey The Bible Before Obeying The Laws Of Nigeria" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.