Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) (16683 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SEFAGO(m): 12:55am On Mar 24, 2010
paddy_lo:

well remember Ngozi okonjo Iweala as finance Minister?

she did exceptionally well. .

the world is now global, we dont need local champions,we need people that can think big and actualize our dream for us. . .

let me ask u. . .if yar aduas tenure came before obasanjos,do u think we would have paid off our debts by now?

or u think our $38billion dollar debt(we had then) would not be used to siphon more money all in the name of debt service by some silly minister

we dont need any more bureaucrats in abuja, we need more technocrats

I am more curious about what role he played in Goldman sachs. Okonjo iweala did a lot of work on development, infact has research as a PhD student was on development economics- which is what Nigeria needs to leave the infrastructure synonymous with 18th century England.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SEFAGO(m): 12:56am On Mar 24, 2010
trueword:

I am getting confused here. Is the list of names that we have the final list sent by Jonathan to senate or is it some unfinalized list from somone else?

What Jonathan can do, if he doesn't trust the candidates presented by the governors, is to place those people in minister positions that are not very impactful. He can then place the 6 or so people he will choose himself in more important roles.

This list is likely not final. Infact dont be shocked if none of the people on that list appear on the final list of ministers.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Beaf: 12:59am On Mar 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

Hehe you were screaming when yar'adua was missing- now you have renewed enthusiasm about Nigeria cheesy

You seem like a sexist. I am uncomfortable around you undecided

See me see jealousy! grin
So I'm the only one with new zest, now that the country has some direction? I'm sure your name in real life is something that sounds horrible like "Aremu" and to make matters worse, am sure you look lke OBJ too. grin

Even governors from the North have started buying "resource control" caps. If you like, be there yarnin dust, don't go find your own.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 1:00am On Mar 24, 2010
I am more curious about what role he played in Goldman sachs. Okonjo iweala did a lot of work on development, infact has research as a PhD student was on development economics- which is what Nigeria needs to leave the infrastructure synonymous with 18th century England.

well we are in the 21st century, and nowadays u need private equity. . . deep bond markets,ability to tap international finance and so on to build your infrastructure. . .

our budget this yr(public sector) is about$40billion dollars for the whole country. . . if u throw all that into Lagos it would probably take it all and ask for more. . .

Goldman sachs is the number one bank in the world. . . .

and the people that work there are usually the smartest in the world. . .

so i am eagerly waiting for his input
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SkyBlue1: 1:02am On Mar 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

Woah there is really a ministry of women affairs  undecided, I thot it was a joke

The ministries are Agriculture & Water Resources, Aviation, Commerce and Industry, Defence, Education, Energy (Gas, Petroleum and Power), Environment, Federal Capital Territory, Finance, Foreign Affairs, Health, Information & Communications, Interior, Justice, Labour, Mines and Steel Development, Niger Delta, Police Affairs, Police Formation and Command, Science & Technology, Transportation, Tourism, Culture & National Orientation, Youth Development, Women Affairs, Works, Housing & Urban Development, National Sports Commission and National Planning Commission.

Unecessary bureaucracy. Ministers also have deputies called Minister of State. We do not have enough money to be running such a bloated civil service. It is not sustainable gievn the ammount of work that needs to be done in the country.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by papadonkee: 1:07am On Mar 24, 2010
Hey peeps, Josephine Anenih is from Anambra. She was married to Tony Anenih, but they are divorced now. I think the Governor must have nominated her. Let's not ascribe everything and a solar eclipse to Tony Anenih; he is not God, or is he? wink

Her pedigree? She's a lawyer ( lipsrsealed ), former national woman leader of PDP and chairman of their constitutional review committee in 1999 (i remember she got the party to include minimum quota representation for women). In a nutshell, I like her.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SkyBlue1: 1:10am On Mar 24, 2010
papadonkee:

Hey peeps, Josephine Anenih is from Anambra. She was married to Tony Anenih, but they are divorced now. I think the Governor must have nominated her. Let's not ascribe everything and a solar eclipse to Tony Anenih; he is not God, or is he? wink

Her pedigree? She's a lawyer ( lipsrsealed ), former national woman leader of PDP and chairman of their constitutional review committee in 1999 (i remember she got the party to include minimum quota representation for women). In a nutshell, I like her.

. . . . . . . . Thanks for the info but why is she still bearing the Anenih name? When did they divorce, last night?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by DisGuy: 1:13am On Mar 24, 2010
trueword:

I am getting confused here. Is the list of names that we have the final list sent by Jonathan to senate or is it some unfinalized list from somone else?

What Jonathan can do, if he doesn't trust the candidates presented by the governors, is to place those people in minister positions that are not very impactful. He can then place the 6 or so people he will choose himself in more important roles.

thats a waste of time and resources if you ask me! some ministries should be scrapped altogether just like osme states should be turned into a farmland

Ministries like Youth Development- i cant believe the guy was even nominated again, he promised to create 1 million new jobs then went ahead to sell scratch cards  undecided

National Sports Commission and Planning commission don't need a minister with all the freebies they should be privatised and the D.G should be paid on commission only!

Niger Delta ministry undecided

Science and Technology
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Beaf: 1:14am On Mar 24, 2010
papadonkee:

Tony Anenih is a finished force. You are right.

He has been battered and broken by Oshiomole, I don't know if you saw the interview he did with Gbenga Aruleba. Anenih had constituted himself into Edo states one man cabal, but has since been through some major league roughing up; I doubt he can even control his own LG, talkless of influencing nominations in Anambra.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SEFAGO(m): 1:19am On Mar 24, 2010
Beaf:

See me see jealousy! grin
So I'm the only one with new zest, now that the country has some direction? I'm sure your name in real life is something that sounds horrible like "Aremu" and to make matters worse, am sure you look lke OBJ too. grin

Even governors from the North have started buying "resource control" caps. If you like, be there yarnin dust, don't go find your own.

LOL, I have some family from Edo, and they wear those ugly caps a lot. Wish what you want, if Jonathan moves towards resource control his days in office would be numbered. The Northerners who put him there, know what they are doing.  

My real name is beautiful like all yoruba names.

well we are in the 21st century, and nowadays u need private equity. . . deep bond markets,ability to tap international finance and so on to build your infrastructure. . .

our budget this yr(public sector) is about$40billion dollars for the whole country. . . if u throw all that into Lagos it would probably take it all and ask for more. . .

Goldman sachs is the number one bank in the world. . . .

and the people that work there are usually the smartest in the world. . .

so i am eagerly waiting for his input

He actually heads the hedge fund department of Goldman sachs- interesting, so he is a risk taker for naija economy I am worried. Goldman Sachs is the number one bank in the world doesn't mean much- during the economic crisis they were receiving bailout all though they paid it back. As per the smartest in the world, I beg to differ,  grin grin grin, I have at least six friends who are heading to work there next year, one of them was my lab partner and in all my classes at college. Most of them will not be what I call smart just ambitious and greedy. Infact, all the people i know who work for IB are not really nice ppl.

Unecessary bureaucracy. Ministers also have deputies called Minister of State. We do not have enough money to be running such a bloated civil service. It is not sustainable gievn the ammount of work that needs to be done in the country.

So, i thought- I think the ministry of women affairs should be substituted with the ministry of terror prevention (both internal and external), mines and steel should go under resource development. We evn have youth development lol
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by loma(m): 1:20am On Mar 24, 2010
About Segun Aganga

Segun Aganga

Managing Director, Goldman Sachs and convener of the Aspen Nigeria Leadership seminar/Initiative. He is the Head of Hedge Fund Consulting at Goldman Sachs Prime Brokerage in London, with responsibility for Europe and Asia. Prior to joining Goldman Sachs, Segun was at Ernst & Young London for 13 years and before that was with Ernst & Young in Nigeria for six years. Aganga is currently the chairman of both the Alternative Investment Management Association's Hedge Fund Research Committee and London Investment Banking AssociationAs Prime Brokerage Committee. He trained and qualified as an accountant with Ernst &Young and is a graduate of Oxford University and the University of Ibadan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xgZ8Bu5co&feature=youtube_gdata

http://nli-global.org/wp-content/uploads/NLI_Newsletter_pdf.pdf   Page 3

http://nli-global.org/about-nli/

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3186:jonathan-submit-new-ministerial-list-olusegun-aganga-leads-the-list&catid=30:the-economy&Itemid=41
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by mamagee3(f): 1:25am On Mar 24, 2010
Beaf:

Who stole Jonathan's hat from his wardrobe? grin grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 1:26am On Mar 24, 2010
good one @Ioma. I have myself been researching the resume of some of the nominees myself.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SEFAGO(m): 1:28am On Mar 24, 2010
Who stole Jonathan's hat from his wardrobe?

Its a resource control cap. Under the cap is where all the Niger Deltan chieftains keep the stolen loot reserved for the development of their people.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by papadonkee: 1:36am On Mar 24, 2010
@ Sky Blue:

, no, not last night.

@ anyone else (who is remotely interested in when she divorced Tony Anenih, though for the life of me I can't see why):

, sometime in 1998/1999, back in benin city. some rumour mongers say she found religion, some say she found a man; others say she couldn't stand the thought of him getting a new wife (ironic, really, considering that she was wife no.2 at the time).

Anyways, I believe a woman is more than her husband's surname. I'm sure you agree, Sky Blue. Only time will tell if she soars like Okonjo-Iweala, or sinks like Alhaji Modibo.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by mamagee3(f): 1:40am On Mar 24, 2010
SEFAGO:

Its a resource control cap. Under the cap is where all the Niger Deltan chieftains keep the stolen loot reserved for the development of their people.
*DEATH*
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SkyBlue1: 1:44am On Mar 24, 2010
papadonkee:

@ Sky Blue:

, no, not last night.

@ anyone else (who is remotely interested in when she divorced Tony Anenih, though for the life of me I can't see why):

, sometime in 1998/1999, back in benin city. some rumour mongers say she found religion, some say she found a man; others say she couldn't stand the thought of him getting a new wife (ironic, really, considering that she was wife no.2 at the time).

Anyways, I believe a woman is more than her husband's surname. I'm sure you agree, Sky Blue. Only time will tell if she soars like Okonjo-Iweala, or sinks like Alhaji Modibo.

No need trying to turn this into what it isn't or tell me "a woman is more than her husband's surname". I am simply trying to establish any possible connection she might have with Tony Anenih and how long ago this connection or relationship (if now non existent), was severed.

To be honest all of this remains speculation till we see the actual list (with 42 names) that was sent to the senate
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 1:49am On Mar 24, 2010
He actually heads the hedge fund department of Goldman sachs- interesting, so he is a risk taker for naija economy I am worried. Goldman Sachs is the number one bank in the world doesn't mean much- during the economic crisis they were receiving bailout all though they paid it back. As per the smartest in the world, I beg to differ, , I have at least six friends who are heading to work there next year, one of them was my lab partner and in all my classes at college. Most of them will not be what I call smart just ambitious and greedy. Infact, all the people i know who work for IB are not really nice ppl.

all the banks recieved bailouts, those that needed it, and those that didnt

PS goldman sachs usually only hires mint MBAs from wharton of harvard or other top business schools

perhaps your friends are going to mop floors
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SEFAGO(m): 1:56am On Mar 24, 2010
paddy_lo:

all the banks recieved bailouts, those that needed it, and those that di[b]dnt

PS goldman sachs usually only hires mint MBAs from wharton of harvard or other top business schools[/b]

perhaps your friends are going to mop floors

Not true. They hire undergrads (Analysts), MBA and APD (advanced degree holders- PhD- in science and engineering, MD, JD )- Associates

Hah funny. My friends are undergrad- they are working in various division- IBD, sales and trading, operations and research. As I said it depends on people's idea of smart. I have a different idea of what it means to be smart.

All the banks received bailouts because of systematic failures. ANother IB has caused Greece to fall into trouble hehe. I hope Segun Aganga is not going to come and sell complex loan products to improve the Nigerian economy. That would finish us grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 2:13am On Mar 24, 2010
ANother IB has caused Greece to fall into trouble hehe

dont mean to be off topic, but no IB caused greece anything. . .the greeks are the architects of their own problems

as for Nigeria we have to get a complex financial system in place ASAP. . . .

this idea of financing long term infrastructure with short term budgets(annual),  . .is not done in any advanced economy

we are getting there. . .albeit slowly though

As for GS. . they may hire undergrads. . but its usually for internships. . .or grunt low paid data entry jobs
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Rastamann: 2:14am On Mar 24, 2010
Still old wine in new bottles. We are getting nowhere with is idea-drought politicians.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Fhemmmy: 2:17am On Mar 24, 2010
Rastamann:

Still old wine in new bottles. We are getting nowhere with is idea-drought politicians.

Isn't that sad
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by loma(m): 2:20am On Mar 24, 2010
Watch the youtube video to know the guy instead of just talking on assumptions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xgZ8Bu5co&feature=youtube_gdata

http://nli-global.org/wp-content/uploads/NLI_Newsletter_pdf.pdf   Page 3
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by papadonkee: 2:21am On Mar 24, 2010
@ Sky Blue:

True talk. No beef here; and you're right. Best thing might be to wait for the final list. We might end up with James Igbo Rih as Minister of Finance  grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by aahmed112: 2:59am On Mar 24, 2010
@ paddy lo

I am not sure you have a strong argument on how his professional experience is of significant advantage to his management of a Nigerian ministry in one year. He would probably spend half of the time learning the ropes.

Okonjo Iweala pursued a 21-yr old career as a development economist; spent a lot of time formulating policies for countries at the world bank! That indicates sound knowledge of economic development factors, and knowing where the balances need to be - debt cancellation was evidence of this knowledge at display.

On the other hand, my friend from Goldman Sachs; investment banking; hedge funds; risk-taking >> nigerian economy?? I do not see the correlation in those fields my friend.

I repeat, not taking anything away from his personal ability, but closing transactions in Goldman Sachs is sure not the same as the nigerian economy.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by aahmed112: 3:04am On Mar 24, 2010
http://www.saharareporters.com/news/5609--olusegun-aganga-of-goldman-sachs-7-former-ministers-and-16-others-makes-first-batch-of-ministers.html

Anyone notice the last name on that list?? While we understand that political interests needs to be served, err. . .

List of ministers: - tentative*

Bello Masari
Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke
Nuhu Somo Wya
Odein Ajumogobia
Fidelia Njeze
Adetokunbo Kayode
Sen. Akinlabi Olasunkanmi
Godsday Orubebe
Josephine Anenih
Prof. M.K. Abubakar
Navy Captain N.S. Olubolade
Eng. Chris Ogienwonyi
Ndanusa Alao
Alhaji Murtala Yar‘Adua
Hon. Nduese Essien
Alhaji Umaru Aliyu
Alhaji Abubakar Sadiq Mohammed
Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga
Bawa Bwari
Senator Bala Mohammed
Adamu Maina Waziri
Labaran Maku
Senator Sanusi Daggash
Emeka Wogu
Bello Adoke (SAN)
Mrs. Josephine Tapgun
Suleiman Bello
Umar Bature
Musiliu Obanikoro
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 3:17am On Mar 24, 2010
@ paddy lo

I am not sure you have a strong argument on how his professional experience is of significant advantage to his management of a Nigerian ministry in one year. He would probably spend half of the time learning the ropes.

Okonjo Iweala pursued a 21-yr old career as a development economist; spent a lot of time formulating policies for countries at the world bank! That indicates sound knowledge of economic development factors, and knowing where the balances need to be - debt cancellation was evidence of this knowledge at display.

On the other hand, my friend from Goldman Sachs; investment banking; hedge funds; risk-taking >> nigerian economy?? I do not see the correlation in those fields my friend.

I repeat, not taking anything away from his personal ability, but closing transactions in Goldman Sachs is sure not the same as the nigerian economy.

I already told u the linkage. . . . . .the world is global, so whomever is put there has to think global

who do u think decides the oil price that moves our economy?
yea the oil traders in chicago,

what Nigeria needs is someone that will put her on the same map as indonesia,and malaysia
emerging markets, that succeed by attracting capital from overseas,

I suppose u dont want a bsc holder from ABU or some other backwater school in that position do u?
just naming him alone to the finance portfolio is sure to re-assure foriegn investors. . .
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 3:22am On Mar 24, 2010
Also back in 2006 or so Goldman sachs said in a research note that Nigeria had the potential to be in the top 20 economies by 2020

I would rather have someone from there,formulate market principles that help us move up fast

i wonder if u guys are not tired of mediocres in Nigeria,
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by IBLIVE: 3:33am On Mar 24, 2010
I suppose u dont want a bsc holder from ABU or some other backwater school in that position do u?
just naming him alone to the finance portfolio is sure to re-assure foriegn investors. . .

True that. I am sure he might do well. I am just being Nigerian, being skeptical about everything.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Becomrich17: 4:00am On Mar 24, 2010
when I saw the list tear drop from eyes, I weep for nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

G7 Govs, Others Chased-out Of nPDP Meeting. / INEC Drags Uba, Oduah To Supreme Court / Return Justice Sylvester Ngwuta "Loot" Back To Kogi Gov. Group Begs DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.