Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) (16682 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Golfer: 10:46am On Mar 24, 2010
Some names I wish to see on the next list

Nuhu Ribadu - Former EFCC Chairman
Mr Clem Baiye - Media Guru, former MD New Nigerian Newspaper,
Pascal Dozie - Chairman MTN and former deputy gov CBN
Mrs Elizabeth Adegite - ICAN president.
Adedotun Sulaiman (MFR), - Chairman Financial service report Comittee, Chairman of Accenture and Cornerstone Insurance Company Plc
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by igboboy1(m): 10:49am On Mar 24, 2010
biina:

Being an investment banker is not the requisite experience for a finance minister job in a developing economy. Having a background in macro economics is more relevant.
That does not mean the guy wont deliver relatively (particularly given the uselessness of the outgoing minister) but you cant make that argument based on him being a hedge fund manager.

So for example, looking at Indonesian finance ministers from 2001 till date, Ramli, Royong, Jusuf Anwar, and Indrawati, are all economists and not investment bankers.

werrin u dey yan? u forget say na naija be this?

If mallam wey study sharia law for sudan fit become CBN governor i no see any reason why pesin wey get experience for investment banking no go fit handle finance minister duties grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Emperoh(m): 10:50am On Mar 24, 2010
To say i am disappointed witht his list is an understatement not as if what i say matters hugely
But what do i expect of an Ag President who's advisers are recycled Old Generals who put us where we are today!!

Aside Aganga, this is a hugely Political nomination. What on earth is Anenih's wife doing ther?
What does she have to offer? Same with UMYA's nephew!!

I seem not to understand what and what is going on as per 2011 but at a time when Nigeria needs people to move her forward, the least
we could as from an alleged committed President is the appointment of Discipline Technocrats into key positions in Ministrys

This whole stuff make Obj look like a saint. . . . For only in btw 2003 - 2006 did we really have a true picture of committed leadership
All the same, i hope they all prove me wrong. . . . . i had though GJ woulda used this singular opportunity to prove us wrong that all
politicians are not the same. . . . as he is not likely to run in 2011, let him pls do the rightful thing and bring about the needed development
and purpose oriented leadership. . . . . . Gosh i am so pissed!!!

Where lies the hop for tomorrow?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by rikamann: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2010
INEC chairman? They won't allow anyone of integrity to hold that position even though I suspect that could be Jonathan's plan. Now they have push her forward as a minister. You can't beat Nigerians
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by opata(m): 10:52am On Mar 24, 2010
Stop fighting children !!!  angry

Breaking News: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan adds five more names to ministerial list.

Acting President Goodluck Jonathan adds five more names to ministerial list. They are Dora Akunyili, Shamsuddeen Usman, Emmanuel Iheanacho, Musa Sada and Prof Sheikh Abdullah,

smiley  wink  cheesy
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by bandely(m): 10:56am On Mar 24, 2010
[size=16pt]Breaking News: Acting President Goodluck Jonathan adds five more names to ministerial list.[/size]
Acting President Goodluck Jonathan adds five more names to ministerial list. They are Dora Akunyili, Shamsuddeen Usman, Emmanuel Iheanacho, Musa Sada and Prof Sheikh Abdullah,

more details shortly.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169355
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by safeact(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2010
When i said severally that ag president would be stupid to Dora out, many thought i was just taking! Where are all d anti- dora? Where is kosovo and d rest?
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by bisiaet: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2010
I can not imagine so poster saying bad things against Dora please what is her sin? Can this particular poster ask him/herslf a very inttelgent question like if not for Dora outburst where will Nigeria be now? I nfact I expect every reasonable normal minded Nigeria to praise this woman courage not to be saying bad things about her. I presume the poster that was attacking her on Nairaland must be one of those hidden "cabals" still roaming the street undiscover. Either Dora over talk or over whatever she is a great woman she is an hero and a woman I will live to respect because men are there but they kept silent looking for power at all cost want to steal more money so for her courage she is great and outstanding. If Jonathan add her on the list or not it does not matter what matters is that she revealed all things out to everybody and brought about solution partially today rather than "Goose head Turai and her no vision caucus" holding the entire nation at ransome. God Bless Dora.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Pame(m): 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2010
Having Dora back in the cabinet goes a long way to safeguard our polity. If you don't forget too soon, of all other ministers of the Yar Adua cabinet, none of the so called FEC member could voice out when it became necessary to do so. If she had behaved like others too, neither the FEC member nor the senators would have done anything towards making Jonathan the Acting President, dissolving cabinet, and other development that followed. Nigeria would still be 'stagnant', with possibly no direction. She boldness is instrumental to where we are today, Left to me, it will do us a lot more good in this country if we have a lot more of Dora in the cabinet to checkmate our excesses.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
Oh Nigerians, I wail for you!!!  grin cheesy grin cheesy

Selective BLINDNESS and Short-Term memory that is what it is !!!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by dayokanu(m): 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
Kobojunkie,

You can say that again.

The same Dora who came on National TV lying from the two sides of her mouth is now the one we are shouting about

As Info minister what did she do different from Chukwumerije, ofonagoro and co
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Echidime(m): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2010
She will be the most know minister in this present government, cos her position is either EFCC or INEC. After that she wil be the next first lady of the federation, that is if she so desire hehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by alldone(m): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2010
Dora is a good material but if she is left out it is good for her.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ibbinfo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 24, 2010
The topic has change from not going to be nominated before now is about her doing some lobby una go tire, when she go enter office again
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by rhymz(m): 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2010
@Kobo-JUNK
Chief complainer, if naija has a 100 of U, this country would ve been worse than it is now. . Scheew. . Abeg go crashland 4 ya bed jare, facking complainer and hater, like U can achieve half a quater of her achievement. . Scheeew. .
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by getrichnow(m): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2010
I will keep my comments till I see the full list & possibly find out who handles what.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Rescue Additional 234 Women, Children / Doyin Okupe Retracts His Statement Against Atiku / Festus Keyamo Speaks On The Crowd That Welcomed Buhari In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.