Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,080 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) (16681 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by brownbonno(m): 10:00pm On Mar 23, 2010
dem_people:

Nigeria: A country where failures and recycled failures, are celebrated. All these people that I've been hearing their names since my primary 2 in school, are still dominant in our political arena. Rubbish. And you wonder why the world doesn't take us (and indeed all black people) seriously!!! angry angry angry

This is called plutocratic government
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 10:03pm On Mar 23, 2010
before u guys start crucifying jonathan

Hope u know state governors usually nominate 1 minister per state

since we have 42ministers, then jonathan can probably only nominate btw 6 and 12

lets hope the guy from Goldman sachs becomes the Finance Minister to checkmate sanusi
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by abubaka(m): 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
@all,

the complete list:

The List of Nominees

1. Engineer Chris Ogienwonyi (Edo)

2. Josephine Anenih (Anambra)

3. Adetokunbo Kayode (Ondo)

4. Godsday Orubebe (Delta)

5. Dieziani Allison-Madueke (Bayelsa)

6. Fidelia Njeze

7. Somo Nuhu Wya

8. Odein Ajumogobia

9. Akinlabi Olasunkanmi

10.Professor M.K. Abubakar (Vice Chancellor Kebbi State University

11.Navy Captain N. S. Olubolade

12.Ndanusa Alao (Kogi) former NNN MD

13.Alhaji Murtallab Yar’Adua (katsina)

14.Hon. Nduese Essien (Akwa Ibom)

15.Alhaji Umaru Aliyu (Taraba)

16.Alhaji Abubakar Sadiq (Gombe)

17. Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga (Lagos) MD Goldman Sachs

18. Labaran Maku (Nasarawa)

19.Mrs. Josephine Tapgun (Plateau)

20.Bello Adoke, SAN

21.Captain Earnest Odebola

22.Chukwuemeka Worgu

23.Suleiman Bello

24.Sanusi Daggash

25.Bala Mohammed
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by mrkoma2012: 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2010
Lets hope that whosoever placed in charge of any ministry actually perform instead of the usual political propaganda
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by lbotus(f): 10:08pm On Mar 23, 2010
Josephine Annenih  

Isn't that Chief Tony Annenih's wife? shocked shocked

Guess Jonathan/PDP wants to compensate the Old fool for no tangible reason by giving his wife a ministerial post.

What a shame!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Beaf: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2010
Yaaaayyyyyyyy! Am on da list!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
Where does it say that the President must consult state governors to appoint anybody?

Which part of the constitution dictates that one?

And besides, the morrafucker had nothing to lose. . .They have already excluded
him from the elections in 2011.

The man should join his boss in the comatose word jo.

Nonsense of sensibilities.  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Borat1: 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2010
abubaka:

@all,

the complete list:

The List of Nominees

1.  Engineer Chris Ogienwonyi (Edo)

2.  Josephine Anenih (Anambra)

3.  Adetokunbo Kayode (Ondo)

4.  Godsday Orubebe (Delta)

5.  Dieziani Allison-Madueke (Bayelsa)

6.  Fidelia Njeze

7.  Somo Nuhu Wya

8.  Odein Ajumogobia

9.  Akinlabi Olasunkanmi

17. Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga (Lagos) MD Goldman  Sachs

20.Bello Adoke, SAN

22.Chukwuemeka Worgu

23.Suleiman Bello

24.Sanusi Daggash

25.Bala Mohammed

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by jaybee3(m): 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
so what happens when he passes his own list to d senate and they refuse to ratify the nomination?
she might be pencilled down for the special duties ministry office so no frowns for now.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by lbotus(f): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ Borat, pls don't be shocked, this is 9ja.

He is the son of Umaru's Yarasick elder brother . they need to be compensated too cos yarasick cannot return to Aso rock.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
NDANUSA ALAO. . . .MANAGING DIRECTOR NEW NIGERIAN NEWSPAPERS.

His staff have gone on indefinite strike because of unpaid salaries for seven months.

They have called on EFCC to probe his management .

I SAY GOODLUCK HAS KILLED ME OOOO  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Beaf: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
The nature of politics s that you dine with the devil. You can be sure that the recycled deadwoods are going to be sent to ministries of kpomo and noise making.
Jonathan will put his own guys in strategic posts, he will also have at least, a two thirds majority in the FEC.

. . .Its the way of politics.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by brownbonno(m): 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
Chief Anenih have just got 2 slots,bear in mind he is the present Chairman of NPA.

2.  Josephine Anenih (Anambra
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by wendoworld(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
where is mr anaconda on that list!! tongue . .una don forget ni? ITS NAIJA!!, hehehe, una never see nadah grin
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by doyin13(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
BELLO ADOKE san. . .

'One legal scholar described Adoke as “a weak lawyer who was elevated to the status of SAN on the recommendation of former Attorney General of Nigeria, Bayo Ojo.” The next year, Justice Katsina-Alu enthroned Adoke as a member of a privileges committee that decides which lawyers are to be made Senior Advocates. Katsina-Alu’s choice of Adoke caused widespread condemnation in legal circles in Nigeria.'

JESUS WEPT. . .
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by lbotus(f): 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
DISSAPOINTMENT is an understatement right now

Goodluck has finally showed us his true colours.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by gongoaso1: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
lbotus:

@ Borat, pls don't be shocked, this is 9ja.

He is the son of Umaru's Yarasick elder brother . they need to be compensated too cos yarasick cannot return to Aso rock.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
more shocking is the name combo

13.Alhaji Muttallab Yar’Adua (katsina)

tongue
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ucnduka(f): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
abubaka:

@all,

the complete list:

The List of Nominees

2.  Josephine Anenih (Anambra)

3.  Adetokunbo Kayode (Ondo)

4.  Godsday Orubebe (Delta)

5.  Dieziani Allison-Madueke (Bayelsa)

6.  Fidelia Njeze

7.  Somo Nuhu Wya

8.  Odein Ajumogobia

9.  Akinlabi Olasunkanmi

17. Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga (Lagos) MD Goldman  Sachs

20.Bello Adoke, SAN

22.Chukwuemeka Worgu

23.Suleiman Bello

24.Sanusi Daggash

25.Bala Mohammed

The inclusion of  'Mrs Fix-it' in this list is rather interesting but until they give these nominees their ministries, I comment my reserve.
doyin13:

BELLO ADOKE san. . .

'One legal scholar described Adoke as “a weak lawyer who was elevated to the status of SAN on the recommendation of former Attorney General of Nigeria, Bayo Ojo.” The next year, Justice Katsina-Alu enthroned Adoke as a member of a privileges committee that decides which lawyers are to be made Senior Advocates. Katsina-Alu’s choice of Adoke caused widespread condemnation in legal circles in Nigeria.'

JESUS WEPT. . .

looks like we should expect someone worse than Aondoaaka
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by jumobi1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2010
All we can do now is hope senate doesn't approve.
What a disappointment.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Ubanyi(m): 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
I wonder why she is left out but I believe it is high time she rested from politics[b][/b]
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
AGAIN WHY ARE U GUYS JOINING ISSUES WHERE THERE ARE NONE?

THE STATE GOVERNORS FOR THE MOST PART NOMINATE THE MINISTERS,AT LEAST 1 PER STATE

CHECK OUT LAGOS STATE NOMINEE, (from Goldman Sachs)

THAT TELLS U ALL U NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FASHOLA, . ,

LETS WAIT FOR THE 6 NOMINEES FROM JONATHAN
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SkyBlue1: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
paddy_lo:

AGAIN WHY ARE U GUYS JOINING ISSUES WHERE THERE ARE NONE?

THE STATE GOVERNORS FOR THE MOST PART NOMINATE THE MINISTERS,AT LEAST 1 PER STATE

CHECK OUT LAGOS STATE NOMINEE, (from Goldman Sachs)

THAT TELLS U ALL U NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FASHOLA,  . ,

LETS WAIT FOR THE 6 NOMINEES FROM JONATHAN

I was just about to say that (why all the caps lock? ? ? ?)

No need to once again misdirect all the frustration, for once let us channel it at the right source. State governors nominate ministers, what is important right now is what ministries the selected people are placed in. People angry with Josephine Anenih in the list should go and ask Edo State government why they nominated her. Let us stop being deceived, for once please let us think with a clear head.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Tbag4lyf: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
I fink this woman has done so well nd needs 2 b commended, if not 4 anytin, 4 voicing out wen it matters most. Those calling 4 her head nd saying she failed woefully as d minister of comm nd info, shd pls give me 3 key areas u fink she failed nd hw? is it jst bcox of her rebrandin idea? d idea is good. So those calling 4 her head, i personly fink r enemies of d state. I Pray they list her or beta still put her in a high position. (inec boss is best 4her), wif credible pple lyk, dia is hope 4 nigeria. Copy dat guys. (its my personal view, no bad feelings).
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by asha80(m): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2010
Sky Blue:

No need to once again misdirect all the frustration, for once let us channel it at the right source. State governors nominate ministers, what is important right now is what ministries the selected people are placed in. People angry with[b] Josephine Anenih in the list should go and ask Edo State government[/b] why they nominated her. Let us stop being deceived, for once please let us think with a clear head.

From the list Josephine Anenih is from Anambra state but i wonder if it is Peter obi that nominated her  
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SkyBlue1: 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
asha 80:

From the list Josephine Anenih is from Anambra state but i wonder if it is Peter obi that nominated her  

We still need the full and proper list with all the states attached next to them, the present one seems sketchy.

To be honest the people can still have their say and all is not lost. At the end of the day these are nominations and the names do not have to be cleared in the Senate. Unhappy with the list? Then Nigerians have to put serious pressure on the senate, simple as. All hope is not lost, and I would still be interested to see the names on Johnathan's list. I just hope we do not allow ourselves to be deceived yet again. You already have people saying "Johnathan has dissappointed me", when this is not neven his list. Let us direct frustrations and possible anger at the right people so we can actually get things changed. Nigerians, don't be taken for a ride.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ucnduka(f): 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2010
asha 80:

my exact thoughts
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Bethlehem: 11:15pm On Mar 23, 2010
yes a whole lot of them do not have enviable record and precedents but still we can wait for them to assume their respective offices before we draw them down with despair.atleast this is what we have for now. they av not even scaled senate scrutiny and confirmation hurdles. also some names on that list actually brings optimism.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by asha80(m): 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Sky Blue

I believe that Josephine Anenih is from anambra state because i remember that when Soludo was campaining for the anambra election Tony Anenih who accompaniened Soludo made a statement that Anambrarians can consider him(Anenih) as the ir brother since he married from there ans they can also regard him as Anene.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2010

Sorry am just frustrated at Nigerians and my caps is a way of screaming, lol, sorry

we just like to complain too much. . . .

there are 42 ministers, each governor nominates 1 per state
and i believe the president and VP nominate the remaining 6
so lets wait and see
blame your thieving state governors instead. . . .

again i hope the guy from Goldman Sachs gets the Finance Ministry
that alone will be enough for me
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Fant(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2010
Why has everyone been on Dora's neck all this while. I think it is very important for we not to divert from the topic. We all need to focus facts rather than just being sentimental or tribalistic. For me there absolutely nothing wrong with Dora, infact, she is among the calibre of people we need in Nigeria today. Someone said she failed woefully in communication Why? Perhaps because she could'nt tell us the actual state of health of the president. But looking at this critically, it is not really her fault because even the senators were not allowed to see the president. So how then could she had known? Also, talking about rebranding, when the government of a country is faulty, she could'nt had done anything eventhough she wanted to. However, let us just wait and see what happens in the second list.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by collinx(m): 11:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
Dora is fearless,Give her the Efcc job and see the end of sacred cow syndrome in crimiminal punishment.Those that call her names like tatafo or amebo are part of our problems and should be roundly condemned.Left for me, I suggest we get intellectuals from the academia and succesful business men and woman from all the sectors of the economy to form this new cabinet rather than recycling old and outdated political jobbers like gwarzo,danjuma et al.We can do better!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by SkyBlue1: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2010
asha 80:

@Sky Blue

I believe that Josephine Anenih is from anambra state because i remember that when Soludo was campaining for the anambra election Tony Anenih who accompaniened Soludo made a statement that Anambrarians can consider him(Anenih) as the ir brother since he married from there ans they can also regard him as Anene.

Then I guess you know who to ask about the nomination then. . . . . . . Anambra state government. You see how we are narrowing things down to the people who actually need to be held responsible as opposed to far out targets like President, Abuja, NASS? Personally I believe a concerted effort on putting pressure on the senate could do the trick. If Josephine is not cleared the skies would not fall, and if state governments keep sending questionable nominees then names won't be cleared and their states don't get a minister, simple as. The senate has an actual opportunity for the millionth time to do something right and we should pressure them to do so, while shaming the govenors who sent such quesationable nominations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jang Opens New NGF Secretariat / APC Cloning Voter Cards, PDP Insists / UK Targets Nigeria, Others Over ‘dirty Money’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.