Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) (16684 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE / We Used Almajiris To Vote Out Jonathan – Kwankwaso / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by 9ja4eva: 4:05am On Mar 24, 2010
Becomrich/:

when I saw the list tear drop from eyes, I weep for nigerian.

No be only you my brother.I tire for Goodluck but i pray that he performs wonders with the old sacks he is bringing back.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Becomrich17: 4:08am On Mar 24, 2010
when I saw the list tear drop from eyes, I weep for nigerian.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Robotnik: 4:11am On Mar 24, 2010
"Anenih's wife, yaradua's in law on the list" na wa for Nigeria, can't GJ appoint international technocrats , rather than trying to appoint relatives of politicians that have finished us before and will do again.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by 9ja4eva: 4:37am On Mar 24, 2010
Robotnik:

"Anenih's wife, yaradua's in law on the list" na wa for Nigeria, can't GJ appoint international technocrats , rather than trying to appoint relatives of politicians that have finished us before and will do again.

Na blind man
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by cvibe: 4:44am On Mar 24, 2010
Whoever is nominating and approving should make it snappy!  150m people need constant power supply by December 2010.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by biina: 5:08am On Mar 24, 2010
paddy_lo:

I already told u the linkage. . . . . .the world is global, so whomever is put there has to think global

who do u think decides the oil price that moves our economy?
yea the oil traders in chicago,

what Nigeria needs is someone that will put her on the same map as indonesia,and malaysia
emerging markets, that succeed by attracting capital from overseas,

I suppose u dont want a bsc holder from ABU or some other backwater school in that position do u?
just naming him alone to the finance portfolio is sure to re-assure foriegn investors. . .
Being an investment banker is not the requisite experience for a finance minister job in a developing economy. Having a background in macro economics is more relevant.
That does not mean the guy wont deliver relatively (particularly given the uselessness of the outgoing minister) but you cant make that argument based on him being a hedge fund manager.

So for example, looking at Indonesian finance ministers from 2001 till date, Ramli, Royong, Jusuf Anwar, and Indrawati, are all economists and not investment bankers.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by deneut: 5:15am On Mar 24, 2010
cvibe:

Whoever is nominating and approving should make it snappy!  150m people need constant power supply by December 2010.
sad sad sad sad sad sad
I neva cuild undastand politics at all,why did he shacked em in the first place only to bring them back?well i wouldnt wince an inch,only silence culd do me
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by paddylo1(m): 5:21am On Mar 24, 2010
Being an investment banker is not the requisite experience for a finance minister job in a developing economy. Having a background in macro economics is more relevant.
That does not mean the guy wont deliver relatively (particularly given the uselessness of the outgoing minister) but you cant make that argument based on him being a hedge fund manager.

So for example, looking at Indonesian finance ministers from 2001 till date, Ramli, Royong, Jusuf Anwar, and Indrawati, are all economists and not investment bankers.

I never said it is requisite experience. . .
but since we are aspiring to be developed, we should get the best brains out there
and i happen to think Goldman has the best brains

its just my opinion and u dont have to agree. . .
i guess i am just giddy,that we wont be having someone with islamic banking credentials manning that sensitive post
cheers
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by cvibe: 6:09am On Mar 24, 2010
Ag President should have prepared his list before firing the previous guys such that he should have announced his nominees the day after. Shock and awe! He would have been called Action president , now, this nominee thing is being turned into nollywood with same go slow approach.

Business in a Box.

Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by davmor(m): 6:52am On Mar 24, 2010
I wish Sir Goodluck wil not be confused over all our predicts; atleast let the definite mind of God surface. That is mine as we wait for the list & the action thereafter!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 24, 2010
Am sure the State Governor nominated YarAduas Nephew, For those of you who dont know the two Familes Umaru And shehu dont get along. Even When Umaru yarAdua curreent President was campagining for Governor in 91, Shehu campaigned against him because he was wary of Turais Inflence on his brother. The Governor was harrased by the likes of Abba Ruma who used their influence and closeness to Turai to deny him a second term ticket. This will be a blow to Turai who is known for her disrespect to her inlaws
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by kabarka(m): 8:05am On Mar 24, 2010
What has this woman done wrong?For saying what she know to the best of her knowledge:segun told us,
Or saying the TRUE constitution:yaradua should handover to EBERE.
Its unfortunate we nigerians have such a short memory after her accomplishment in nafdac.
Dora is a GOAL oriented person and need to be appointed  to a position where specific objectives need to be achieved.NIGERIANS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 24, 2010
NIGERIA::: a den of impossibilities.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Redlips2(f): 8:31am On Mar 24, 2010
I think Dora is destined for the INEC chair, so let's cross our finger and wait for the final list.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by superboi(m): 8:41am On Mar 24, 2010
Dora name have been added to the list along with 4 others
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by rasputinn(m): 8:46am On Mar 24, 2010
Dora's absence should make corrupt politicians and looters of public treasury very jittery cos she is gonna be the next EFCC czarina of INEC chair
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Emperoh(m): 8:50am On Mar 24, 2010
superboi:

Dora name have been added to the list along with 4 others

I think there's intense lobbying going on here now!!!
Gosh. . . . not lobbying to do anything other than loot

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169355
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by LAFOCUZY: 8:54am On Mar 24, 2010
Dora had a job to DO which she gave a shot at with same energy she had in NAFDAC and that is rebranding Nigeria. I need to ask the folks criticising this woman and calling her names, what exactly has she done wrong comparative to all the other givernment officials we have had in nigeria. I challenge somebody to put me in that direction and show me what wrong she is done.

At the top of her rebranding campaign, I literally disliked her and called her cheap, but on second reasoning I wondered to myself what I had expected her to do differently as the minister of information. She was simply trying to rebrand the country from the unit she controls and that cann't happen when this requires the collective efforts of all other officials and visiable leadership of the president. This did not happen.

I say again, DORA AKUYILI within the limits of my knowlegde represent a strong woman of more intergrity and purpose than nearly all nigerian official that I have knowN
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by chidexy(m): 9:00am On Mar 24, 2010
Acting President Goodluck Jonathan adds five more names to ministerial list. They are Dora Akunyili, Shamsuddeen Usman, Emmanuel Iheanacho, Musa Sada and Prof Sheikh Abdullah,

http://thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169355

More names are being added. But the outlook isn't good, except for the guy from Goldman Sachs
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by KGREAT(m): 9:01am On Mar 24, 2010
This action is a deterrent to the pro yaradua group who have put together huge amount of money to induce Senators to stop the screening and confirmation of the nominees in the like of Dora and other Pro Jonathan
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Mekzie(m): 9:02am On Mar 24, 2010
Well, lets wait to see the outcome  wink
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ud4u: 9:18am On Mar 24, 2010
People wey no want truth, don't want Dora. Chikina
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by OKEYCHIVIV(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2010
I did not see the list as that from someone propelled by courage and zeal to
move Nigeria forward and make a name for himself.With the names of wives and children of ,
I think somebody is afraid of some people and wants the interest of those people first before
Nigeria.God send us a messiah-amen.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by rhymz(m): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2010
Sometimes I get angry at the way Nigerians leave issues and talk about tissues. . .What exactly are Dora's sins, i am yet to see any of her critic come up with any convincing evidence of her wrong doing. People just like to echo other ppl's baseless opinions, abeg if all these haterz have nothing to say let them just shut up jare! Yes, she came up with the rebranding Nigeria, what is evil about it, U may think otherwise about it but that is your opinion, it does not mean it is right or wrong, that is why it's your opinion.That she chose to be Information Minister is her personal right and choice, if anyone should have to worry about that it's her immediate family, what is all these unfounded and baseless hate for sef. Both as NAFDAC DG and INFO MINISTER, she has done her job exceptionally well with passion and sincerity of purpose. Where decisions were politically expedient, she took them and where sincerity of purpose for the job had to come in, she let it in, period. This new list wont be complete without her, she gives women folks a good name, passionate,courageous,intelligent and goal oriented. For once, we had an info minister who was bold enough to question her boss when his actions were wrong. . . Anyone that can't stand her as a minister can as well jump onto the next flight to oblivion like Kobowhateva and Co. . .
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Golfer: 9:44am On Mar 24, 2010
The list of new nominees are:
- Alhaji Murtala Yar’Adua (Katsina) - son of late General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua
- Chief (Mrs.) Josephine Anenih (Anambra) - ex-Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Women Leader
- Mr. Olusegun Aganga - Managing Director of Goldman Sachs, United Kingdom
- Mr. Labaran Maku (Nassarawa) - ex-deputy governor of Nassarawa State
- Prof. M.K Abubakar Abubakar (Kebbi) - Vice-Chancellor of Kebbi State University
- Mr. Chris Ogiemwonyi (Edo) - ex-Managing Director of the Nigerian Gas Company,
- Mr. Nduese Essien (Akwa Ibom) - ex-leader of the South-South caucus in the House of Reps
- Mr. Chukwuemeka Wogu (Abia) - Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC)
- Navy Captain N. S. Olubolade (Ekiti) - ex- military administrator of Bayelsa State
- Alhaji Adamu Maina Waziri (Yobe) - ex-minister of state for agriculture and water resources
- Senator Sanusi Daggash (Borno) - ex-minister of national planning
- Mrs. Josephine Tapgun (Plateau) - wife of Fidelis Tapgun, ex plateau state governor
- Alhaji Umaru Aliyu (Taraba)
- Senator Bala Mohammed (Bauchi)
- Alhaji Abubakar Sadiq (Gombe)
- Awodele Alao
- Bello Adoke
- Suleiman Bello
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by Metesko: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2010
Lets still be patient cos' we all want the best for our nation Nigeria.
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ibbinfo(m): 10:00am On Mar 24, 2010
lets wait and see the out come na niger we dey, no hurry, hurry
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by ebioloye1: 10:02am On Mar 24, 2010
dora is not a police officer so she can not do efcc job
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by MuNeme(m): 10:11am On Mar 24, 2010
The way every attention in on Dora shows how enigmatic she is! Am not her fan in anyway but she deserves a place in the cabinet more than most nominees!
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by leleri: 10:17am On Mar 24, 2010
please what is Anenih's wife name doing on that list
Re: Ministerial List Is Out! Jonathan Leaves Out Dora (Sahara Reporters) by kenmaro: 10:39am On Mar 24, 2010
Fellow naira landers, Jonathan's leadership should not be seen as a sign of good things to come. I believe that he, Jonathan, is also as corrupt as all other past leaders we have had in this country, Nigeria. From the list of his newly nominated ministers, one could see that he is appointing the same set of corrupt people, family members of top corrupt goverment officials and close pals who are loyal to him. As far as I am concerned in this country, we do not have credible leaders. All that is going on in the government is just a change of power among members of the same corrupt leadership caucus. i know corruption is everywhere in the world even the United States of America, but that of Nigeria is to the extreme and done openly and legal. My brothers, "EVERYBODY FOR HIMSELF, GOD FOR ALL". Worry for yourself and not for Nigeria, if you do for Nigeria you may become hypertensive and may die young thinking. It pains me sha for a great nation like Nigeria, richly blessed with all a country needs to grow even higher than the great countries we see in the world today,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Condolence Book Of Ocholi At FEC Meeting (Photos) / Fani-Kayode's Son, Aragorn's 1st Birthday Celebration (Photos) / "Saraki, Atiku Cannot Beat Buhari" - Boss Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.