Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" (43118 Views)

How Yorubas Made Lagos Former Capital To 7th Largest Economy In Africa / Indigenes Of Anambra Made Lagos What It Is Today - Governor Obiano. / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by YelloweWest: 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2017
ODVanguard:

Girl, first of all you don't have to lie about your tribe. Everyone that follows you on this forum knows you are igbo from the SS. Paye taxes contribute the most to Lagos IGR (of which Yoruba people and multinationals contribute the bulk), and we all know your people in Lagos are mostly engaged in the informal sector of the Lagos economy where tax evasion is the order of the day, and engage in petty trading, gala hawking, and criminal activities. This subject has been trashed on here severally. You people are just empty chestbeaters.

Don't be ignorant.
The SS is very distinct from igbo.

I'm Ijaw!
Whether u agree or not. The fact remain that the igbos have contributed greatly to the development of Lagos and the multinational companies are almost all oil sector driven.

That oil comes from my backyard...
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by tiger28: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
nengibo:
Its has already been established as a no mans land, that is why there are Igbo & urhobos in the state house of assembly
so JUST because you have igbos and others in assembly,it is a no mans land? Are the kings of all the towns and communities in lagos called EZE??so if a yoruba becomes an assemblyman in anambra(which highly impossible) ,then anambra is a no mans land?Some comments made by some myopic land grabbers will one day re-enact the Rwanda ethnic cleansing . Keep disrespecting your host!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Wesely01(m): 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2017
yusods:

Source : https://www.channelstv.com/2017/11/20/anambra-state-made-lagos-obiano/

Because Anambra play host to seme border and Apapa tin can abi Funny country with unwanted comments.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by LasGidiOwner: 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
Agentsmith002:
What does Ebonyi my state contribute to Lagos as gala hawkers?

That is a right question to ask. cool

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by docsholz(m): 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2017
inherent narcissism, not surprised grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by YelloweWest: 3:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
bakynes:

Big Mumu, Airtel, MTN, Etisalat,Chevron,Mobil,Total,Conoco Philips,, Julius Berger,Schulumberger,Swisspharm,GSK,Unilever,Nestle,Cadbury etc they are owned by Anambrans ba?

Every other tribe can see how stupid some of these Igbos are. Always Chest beating, boasting what they are not.
You don't have to be insulting... u are Yoruba anyway so I guess that's a norm for u guys.

It seems u didn't even understand my question.
I asked what industry are majority these multinational companies in??
I didn't ask what tribe they are from
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Gazzy88(m): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2017
All the borders linking Lagos as a state is within Ogun state,a core Yoruba entity so why all these hullabaloo about one funny tribe claiming what's not theirs. Even the blind know Lagos is Yoruba Land. When we were telling them to go and develop Onitsha into a mega city,they were shouting marginalization everywhere. Water don pass garri now,they are trying to claim another man's land. You know how many miles you travel before you reach Lagos mind you we have cities like PH, Benin,Warri,Asaba,etc on the way to Lagos but these mumu dodge them in lieu of Lagos. Once this country break up,I'm sure you build a very long bridge to connect SE to Lagos in order to claim it. Awon didiri people...shameless lots

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by ODVanguard: 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

Don't be ignorant.

I'm Ijaw!

You can be another confused SS igbo for all I care. Just because you people down in Rivers are subservient to Anambra people don't mean we Yorubas are mumu like you lots. Ogun alone already has a higher IGR than the entire SE combined. If these people are so special, why isn't it reflecting in their state economy, development, and IGR? The recent elections demonstarted the extent of the poverty in that state, so much so that even the ruling party had to resort to vote-buying. You better receive sense.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by bakynes(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
See Governor wey people elect saying rubbish, if he had made a statement like Anambrans contribute hugely in Lagos that still make a bit sense to say "Anambrans made Lagos", a place that has existed and developed with the first cable telephone network before the existence of Nigeria itself, a place the British used as their seat of administration before any black man knew what was called Mirror. A place developed before any Igbo even knew such a place existed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by TedBaker(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
holysainbj:
I am Anambra

Anambra ado very Ok.
We know our worth.
If truely, ur kins should ve stayed their asses put back home,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by YelloweWest: 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
Movic1:

Bro, No waste your time on that one asking stupid question. Their chest beating can wake the dead! cheesy
Nl is such an interesting forum.

Any day I speak against biafra I'mcalled Yoruba or hausa unity begger.

Today I agree completely with the truth said by an igbo governor an I'm been called ibo.

Meanwhile I'm Ijaw.
Conclusion. Nigerians hate the truth...
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Mc1807(m): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Movic1:
Lol! Even their Governor don join? E don win now, Na to dey talk rubbish remain!
Mr Governor Pls tell the Anambrarians cheesy to come and make Anambra state the way they made Lagos what it is today!

See mumu talk that is coming out from a governor?

Others don't pay tax Abi? Or are you telling us that it's all those 2x2 shop taxes is what lagos is using to sustain and maintain the state?

Do you know the number of multinational companies in Lagos? Do you know the millions they pay as tax? The amount 1 of those companies pay as tax will dwarf what all Igbos not just Anambrarians are paying as tax.

And thoz multinational companies;non of em are owned or run by igbos?

Oga o! The way these guys chest beat eh beats my imagination
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by YelloweWest: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
ODVanguard:

You can be another confused SS igbo for all I care. Just because you people down in Rivers are subservient to Anambra people don't mean we Yorubas are mumu like you lots. Ogun alone already has a higher IGR than the entire SE combined. If these people are so special, why isn't it reflecting in their state economy, development, and IGR? The recent elections demonstarted the extent of the poverty in that state, so much so that even the ruling party had to resort to vote-buying. You better receive sense.
Because the igbos don't bring their businesses back to their home. That's a fact.
Stop being ignorant. Ijaw is very distinct from igbo.
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2017
Anambra man was first black man to own properties in Ikoyi during colonia era, African 1st richest man sir Louis Ojukwu, Anambrians top in other high brow areas in Lagos: Banana Island, Lakki, VGC, etc also Festac, another Anambra man ABC Orjiakor just acquires first tower completed by Lebanese company in new Eko Atlantic city, in Apapa majority are Anambrians.

Lagos is no man's land

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by yinkeys(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2017
There are Lebanese & other nationalities that started business in Lagos before expanding, and other companies. I can mention countless.
Mikano, big treat, viju milk etc.
Fine Ibos like to do business as compared to other tribes in Nigeria,but this isnt tangible to say they built Lagos or Kano.
People just be spewing rubbish
Soon they'd say other countries developed the English premier league.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
post=62553735:
Anambra man was first black man to own properties in Ikoyi during colonia era, African 1st richest man sir Louis Ojukwu, Anambrians top in other high brow areas in Lagos: Banana Island, Lakki, VGC, etc also Festac, another Anambra man ABC Orjiakor just acquires first tower completed by Lebanese company in new Eko Atlantic city, in Apapa majority are Anambrians.

Lagos is no man's land
Continue deceiving yourselves
Orjiako the debtor denied buying the property and you are here spreading lies.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Chukazu: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
why don't you make Anambra what Lagos is then you can start talking?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by ratcockoduduwa: 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
LasGidiOwner:
For those attacking Obiano, he made the comment on the sideline of the interview he granted. It does not mean that Anambra solely controls the economy of Lagos or they pay the most tax. His comment is more or less a political point of view. That does not diminish the fact Anambra people are force to reckon with in the economy of Lagos.
true.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
ODVanguard:

Can you list industries owned by Yorubas in Ogun state
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by safiaaBUTTHOLE: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by mbjsuki(m): 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
nengibo:
Its has already been established as a no mans land, that is why there are Igbo & urhobos in the state house of assembly

It's with open mind that US admitted so many different nationals into their country and today, the country is thriving, recording successes upon success. Today, the country is great and doing very well simply because of this decision. However those nationals has and should never lay claim to these great achievement US has today. It's simply unwise. If the Japanese or the Latinos are so wise and smart as they claim, why can't they just simply develop their country instead of developing other people's own?
Don't lay claim to another man's success even if you're part of his success story, it's pointless.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Movic1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

Nl is such an interesting forum.

Any day I speak against biafra I'mcalled Yoruba or hausa unity begger.

Today I agree completely with the truth said by an igbo governor an I'm been called ibo.

Meanwhile I'm Ijaw.
Conclusion. Nigerians hate the truth...

Just because I go against igbo? Is that why you are calling me yoruba? If you are ijaw then I'm igbo! cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by ratcockoduduwa: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
post=62553339:
Anambra man was first black man to own properties in Ikoyi during colonia era, African 1st richest man sir Louis Ojukwu, Anambrians top in other high brow areas in Lagos: Banana Island, Lakki, VGC, etc also Festac, another Anambra man ABC Orjiakor just acquires first tower completed by Lebanese company in new Eko Atlantic city, in Apapa majority are Anambrians
Anambra leads.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by IgedeBushBoy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2017
Which kain people Ibo be sef, SMH. Won't someone have something he/she is enjoying before they will stay and pay tax? OK it then means every city in the world is developed by the visitors there. See reasoning.
Today, Ibo made Lagos, tomorrow, bini owns Lagos, now, Anambra (of all states) made Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by aribisala0(m): 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
post=62553339:
Anambra man was first black man to own properties in Ikoyi during colonia era, African 1st richest man sir Louis Ojukwu, Anambrians top in other high brow areas in Lagos: Banana Island, Lakki, VGC, etc also Festac, another Anambra man ABC Orjiakor just acquires first tower completed by Lebanese company in new Eko Atlantic city, in Apapa majority are Anambrians
Anambra was first man on the moon,Anambra is the world record holder for 100metres,Anambra invented the internet, Mike Tyson is from Anambra as is Madonna.
The US Army buys drones from Anambra

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by bakynes(m): 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

Don't be ignorant.

I'm Ijaw!
Whether u agree or not. The fact remain that the igbos have contributed greatly to the development of Lagos and the multinational companies are almost all oil sector driven.

That oil comes from my backyard...
No doubt we all know Igbos are contributing greatly to the revenue base(not development) of the state. It is normal wherever you are making your money from you have to pay tax, in the real sense "Lagos made Anambrans" because if it were the other way round they would have rather preferred to take their businesses to Anambra and pay taxes there for development.

As far as I know all the big Real Estate players in Lagos are Yorubas.The Yoruba controlled State govt are the ones building the infrastructures not Igbos.

That is the kind of statement the Governor should have made not Anambrans made Lagos, before Igbos knew a place like Lagos existed it already had its first cable telephone network in Africa so what the f*uck is this drunkard Governor saying.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
aribisala0:

Continue deceiving yourselves
Orjiako the debtor denied buying the property and you are here spreading lies.
Continue deceiving yourself

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by sojdson: 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2017
Maybe Lagos dey collect consumption tax from ass..... in their hotels.
michael142:
Why una nor go make Anambra and other igbo states great? Why una dey claim say na una make Lagos? Igbo have the highest number of prostitutes in Nigeria. Una suppose bury una face in shame. Before you call me Afonja, I'm an Urhobo boy from Warri
Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by ODVanguard: 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2017
YelloweWest:

Because the igbos don't bring their businesses back to their home. That's a fact.
Stop being ignorant. Ijaw is very distinct from igbo.

I don't blame you one bit for your utterances coz you are exhibiting symptoms of a conquered soul. Ijaws have no other job/profession besides fishing and have left every other profession to non-ijaws (Yorubas are huge stakeholders in the oil and gas industry in your state and the entire SS), and even go as far as selling your slots to yorubas and ibo people. On that account I can understand your inferiority complex. Yorubas are in firm control of their regional affairs, both politically and economically (we are not as stupid as you people). And this is not just talk, coz it's fact-based and has been thrashed extensively on this very forum. Compare and contrast the following threads and perhaps your ignorance would be cured for your own good.

https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

https://www.nairaland.com/3926379/igbos-most-industrious-innovative-richest

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" by achi4u(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2017
bashorunbazok:
Why can't Anambrarians should make Anambra live up to its potential instead of making other places great as they claim?
Exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Court Freezes Accounts Linked To Ex-governor, Ambode, Over N9.9bn Alleged Fraud / Entertainer 'youngest Old Man' Picks APC N10m House Of Reps Expression Of Intere / Hilda Baci: Shehu Sani Teases President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.