Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape (51648 Views)

Hijab Doesn't Stop Sexual Harrassment- Muslim Lady Cries Out / 'Dear Money, Come And Rape Me Mercilessly' - Nigerian Slay Queen. Photos / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

My dickk is for every fine woman and owned by no woman!

Gba be! (Accept that!)

Tu gbaski. E sa ro ra

Congrats to your deek. Make it happy bro
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

Nigga, what do you think Sagamite stands for? grin

See third section: https://www.nairaland.com/1083598/knowing-nairalanders-better-interviews/1#12945175

Funny shiit!! I knew it!!! Anytime I come across your moniker, I always ask myself, this dude couldn't have possibly named himself after Sagamu....grin

Judging from your posts....you are an Ijebu boy to the core....grin

Btw....you guys just got a new Akarigbo recently....congrats...grin
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

Am sorry, because she has had 500,000 consensual sex means he is entitled to force her to have a non-consensual one?

None of my biz, the story is just fictional, why break sticks over it?
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
happney65:

Ode..Keep on blaming people that are not bothered about you..A so called sane society with a known sexual abuser became the most powerful person in the whole wide world..Me I am not abusing anybody,just telling you what I want in my place of work before you are employed..it is left for you to accept or not,you come here and start shouting on me..O ni ku ree..

Cretin, don't worry, by the grace of God Armed Robber or Fulani herds men would help us waste this waste.

Worthless piece of shit to Nigeria and the Human race.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
Blackfyre:

Funny shiit!! I knew it!!! Anytime I come across your moniker, I always ask myself, this dude couldn't have possibly named himself after Sagamu....grin

Judging from your posts....you are an Ijebu boy to the core....grin

Btw....you guys just got a new Akarigbo recently....congrats...grin

Dem 'sheet' me!

I was here thinking I would be anounced as the next Akarigbo, but they gave it to someone else.

KAI! angry
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by VERDA: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2017
Daeylar:

They love presenting this argument but don't see where it shows men as weak or unable to control themselves,

But the moment women use it against them and call them weak, they rise up in arms

Even if a woman is nàked does not give anyone the right to rape her.

I am not too happy when I see things like even if a lady is naked the man has no right,we must never encourage indecency,true I condemn rape in every form but for Christ sake the world is not a perfect place and we must always be guided by circumstances around us in all our dealings,it is very wrong for anybody to enter your house and rob you but you still have to lock your doors because not everyone is normal,its just like walking in a dangerous area at night in a skimpy dress in the name of this ur argument,thay will be very dumb,you can report and have a rapist locked up but you will remain scarred.Let's please be wise.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by peterphd(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

I dare say with your level of intellect, it would do you a world of good to partner with a woman that would take your gender role.

We need sensible people to lead families, and that does not always have to be a man.

Advanced societies and institutions are based on giving people responsibilies based merit, not gender.

Ode oshi!

Ah, the crying liberal has arrived. Go tell your father to cower to your mum. I think the best part of you got ejected down your mum's thighs and ended up as the crusty brown stain on her sheets.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

Dem 'sheet' me!

I was here thinking I would be anounced as the next Akarigbo, but they gave it to someone else.

KAI! angry

Nigeria is contending with the population at the moment....they don't want you to populate Sagamu beyond Lagos....cheesy

Seriously tho....a lot of peeps contested for that thing...but it was nice it went peacefully....
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

Am sorry, because she has had 500,000 consensual sex means he is entitled to force her to have a non-consensual one?

So Shagamite what's up? I spent my youth days around Sagamu and Ikenne axis...Any experience along these lines?
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by uzor2(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
The definition means that a man cannot be raped by a woman. Not fair.

Mynd44:
Is there a need to call this "men's corner" or other forms of couch group counselling sessions? Lets just gist and talk.

I mentioned "men's corner" because men are the most likely to rape and more than 90% of rape cases have involved men being the aggressor.

From http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rape,

So basically consent right? But is it all about consent?

Imagine a lady comes to visit you and at 1am, you ask her for sex. She turns you down and you threaten to throw her out knowing well that she has nowhere to go at that time and she is also in danger if she does and because of that, she agrees, is that consent?

Imagine the Manager asking one of the receptionists for sex with the receptionist knowing well that she is at risk of losing her job so she agrees. Is that consent?

Your girl visits you, you make those romantic moves but she was not all for it and says no so you "lockup" two hours later, you take her out, buy her drinks and when you are both home, you have sex with her, she probably even took your shirt off for you but is that consent?

You are a civil servant and someone wants a file submitted but you tell her to come see you in the photocopy room first, she agrees but is that consent?

We as men need to do better. We need to drop the bullshit and rise about it.

A girl is walking down the road and you and your friends turn it into a chance to make unsavory noises cos you think they are compliments…but isnt that harassment?

You have convinced yourself that women say no but mean yes. Bruh, dont play that game……no does not and will not mean yes. Even silence does not mean yes. Because she is wet is not even mean consent. What's the worst that can happen if you dont have sex when turned on?

Can we discuss this more? Lets be better for our women and maybe the world will be a lil bit better

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by raumdeuter: 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2017
VERDA:

I am not too happy when I see things like even if a lady is naked the man has no right,we must never encourage indecency,true I condemn rape in every form but for Christ sake the world is not a perfect place and we must always be guided by circumstances around us in all our dealings,it is very wrong for anybody to enter your house and rob you but you still have to lock your doors because not everyone is normal,its just like walking in a dangerous area at night in a skimpy dress in the name of this ur argument,thay will be very dumb,you can report and have a rapist locked up but you will remain scarred.Let's please be wise.

If you walk naked, or if you wear boxers and no shirt or if you wear a body hugging top and tight jeans

Does that give a gay man or anyone the right to grab you and rape you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

HELL FCKING NO!

jaxxy:

No u didn't! if it was indeed ur gf cos she didn't resist or say no. So its like a continuum. Also it depends on the dept of ur relationship u hv with her bt most times dat shudnt be an issue however i wud say sm gals may not like it bt she wudnt see it as rape either.

But there was no consent.

According to Swedish govt., it is rape. This why they want to try Julian Assange.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Tozara(m): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ikillfools:
Course we do. who else would we blame. like if they didn't flaunt their wealth would they have been robbed/killed/maimed?
Wow! What an amazing way to think! So, who do you blame when paupers wallowing in abject penury, or average people who do not make noise are robbed/maimed/killed? The criminals for being animals, or the victims for NOT flaunting their wealth (a wealth they do not have)?

So when a jealous person attacks or sabotages you for being intelligent, we should blame you for "flaunting" your intellect and not hiding it? So people should be FORCED to walk on EGGSHELLS to pacify fools and bastards? How does this make sense to you? How can you call the victim the problem?

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by peterphd(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2017
AlfaSeltzer:

So I spent the night with my gf and we made sweet love. Then in the middle of the night I woke up and saw her sexy body by my side and the urge came and I penetrated her while she was still sleeping naked by my side. She woke up while I was inside her. Did I rape her?

Oga satanist, don't mind all these cry cry liberal men trying to please women by denying their masculinity. They think scoring own goals counts on the board for the golden boot or is it puuusy prize.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by VERDA: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

If you walk naked, or if you wear boxers and no shirt or if you wear a body hugging top and tight jeans

Does that give a gay man or anyone the right to grab you and rape you?

Like I earlier stated,rape in any form or for any reason is wrong and I condemn it,but I doubt I will wear a boxers and enter a gay motel,its common sense,not everybody is normal,why not prevent certain situations from even arising.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Mynd44: 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Calmtvmedia:
It's a private talk. Is there any way i can contact you?
I will mail you now
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

It does not depend on any depth of relationship they have.

If they are dating and they just finished blissfully fcking, and then he fcks her while she is asleep again without her saying very firmly and distressingly "stop", nothing fcking wrong with the fcking. Enjoy!

But where is the consent for that second round?
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by happney65: 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
Sagamite:

Cretin, don't worry, by the grace of God Armed Robber or Fulani herds men would help us waste this waste.

Worthless piece of shit to Nigeria and the Human race.

Ahahahahahahahahahahhahaa. .weere I guess if I wanted to have sex everyday you will still have to call the police..My company,my employment terms and conditions..You agree you are in,you don't you leave..Nobody is harassing anybody..Maybe you should go and rant at Donald Trump or Roy moore a known sexual predator and not me..oponu ode
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by raumdeuter: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2017
VERDA:

Like I earlier stated,rape in any form or for any reason is wrong and I condemn it,but I doubt I will wear a boxers and enter a gay motel,its common sense,not everybody is normal,why not prevent certain situations from even arising.

Do gays have a motel or do men who rape women have a motel where they stay? Girls who get raped I doubt they went to a motel called rapist motel

If you are wearing boxers in your compound or on your street, and a gay man in your compound or street grabs you and rapes you. How do you prevent that? Should we also blame you for tempting the rapist

You went to play ball and you removed your shirt showing your bare chest, you wear a body hugging top and tight jeans if this tempts a gay guy on the field and he rapes you can we say you were the one who tempted him?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Tozara(m): 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2017
Blonchilli:
I'll also say what no man on nairaland will come out to say. Everyman is a potential rapist. Your father, your husband, your brother and even you and I. As a man you battle with your sexual urge every day. A girl comes to visit and refuse to have sex you're constantly battling the urge to storm to her and rip her pants out because she's in your house. A young girl (house help) is living with you and you see her in the morning when she just woke up and you have your early morning sexual urge and at night when she's wearing skimpy clothes (innocently). You just finish a conversation or come across something that gets you extremely Hot and you see Glory, the maid, looking fine with boobs, ass and you bet her pussy is just what you need right now or worse it could be a cousin who plays carelessly with you and you can bet it you can get down on her but you don't. You don't not because you can't but because you want to look at yourself in the mirror with a clear conscience and you're also a father or would become a father of a girl someday. You don't because you don't know what this little girl will become tomorrow and what she would say about her friend, uncle, guardian,father, brother, cousin who raped her. You don't because above all its the RIGHT thing to do. If people could live with THE RIGHT THING TO DO, the world will become a better place.
Oyindidi, tosyne2much, Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Abomination. I don't go about looking at the females in my family (or one who has been living with us for a very long time!) LUSTFULLY. I don't nurse these kind of thoughts, so they do not apply to ALL men. It's impossible. I feel (sexually) numb towards all of them. Only outsiders can arose the lust in me, and that's even specific to ladies that have my specs in women (physique-wise)----it's natural. But despite this fact, I deem it absolutely impossible for me to think of forcing myself on them without their consent (especially when I do not have such feelings towards any lady apart from my girlfriend). We're not all the same.

If this is the basis of your argument for asserting that all men are potential rapists, then I would say that line of thinking is flawed. Yes, it's possible. All men are CAPABLE of raping. But every human is also CAPABLE of stealing and committing murder---it's not the possibility that matters, but the PROBABILITY, which differs among men to an extreme degree. We occupy different points on the rape spectrum. While some are very close to the zenith, some of us are near point zero, so much that it might as well be deemed impossible that we would ever think of committing the crime.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Tozara(m): 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
Daeylar:

Food for thought.

Tozara, see what Hannysmīlez was trying to say in her post

My main issue with her post was the "Men are Trash" line. I ain't having none of that. You can't lump me in a basket or put me in some ignominious box with everyone else because I share my gender with them----even though that might be the only thing we have in common.

I agree "ALL" men are potential rapists, in the same way that all humans are potential murderers. That's the logic.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
Tozara:
Abomination. I don't go about looking at the females in my family (or one who has been living with us for a very long time!) LUSTFULLY. I don't nurse these kind of thoughts, so they do not apply to ALL men. It's impossible. I feel (sexually) numb towards all of them. Only outsiders can arose the lust in me, and that's even specific to ladies that have my specs in women (physique-wise)----it's natural. But despite this fact, I deem it absolutely impossible for me to think of forcing myself on them without their consent (especially when I do not have such feelings towards any lady apart from my girlfriend). We're not all the same.

If this is the basis of your argument for asserting that all men are potential rapists, then I would say that line of thinking is flawed. Yes, it's possible. All men are CAPABLE of raping. But every human is also CAPABLE of stealing and committing murder---it's not the possibility that matters, but the PROBABILITY, which differs among men to an extreme degree. We occupy different points on the rape spectrum. While some are very close to the zenith, some of us are near point zero, so much that it might as well be deemed impossible that we would ever think of committing the crime.

When you finish here, let's discuss about Naruto or Boruto abeg
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by monex(m): 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
Mynd44:

Can we say it is wrong to call all men potential rapists when we men question what women wear based on assault? We say a woman wears a skimpy top hence she asks for it or tempts the man.

We say why are women outside after a certain hour cos we know it is not safe.......isn't that implying that no woman is safe?

for someone who is trying to rationalize, your generalization (the bolded) is terrible.

not all men think is ok to sexually assault a women based on what she wears. Stop generalising.

you post was to discuss what constitues rape. i was waiting to see people citing relevant parts of the law.

I was also waiting to see how we discuss the grey area of consent.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
Jupxter:

Stop contracting yourself. Get married first, keep one for five years, and subject this thesis to test. Stop dishing out counsel without appropriatey

Sex isn't hard labor. Disabuse your mind
OK.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Daeylar(f): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
Tozara:
My main issue with her post was the "Men are Trash" line. I ain't having any none of that. You can't lump me in a basket or put me in some ignominious box with everyone else because I share my gender with them----even though that might be the only thing we have in common.

I agree "ALL" men are potential rapists, in the sense that all humans are potential murderers. That's the logic.

Oh, sorry about that then smiley
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by monex(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
Khayge:
The thread is a good one.
If you want to verify consent, ask your girlfriend when she's in her right senses of she'd like to have sex with you. She'd probably say NO. When she's Hot, ask her the same question.
We as guys of this generation should try as much as possible to put our urges under leash.
For those that have partners, try to understand your partners... Someone said sex is a 2 way thing.. True, most importantly, the lady's satisfaction should be your utmost desire. You can satisfy her even without sex.

The bottom line is, when she's warmed up, Hot and all in the mood, don't trust her judgement. That's where she needs you as the guy to make the right decision to protect her in spite of how high your adrenaline or testosterone is leading.

so i wait for her not to be in the mood before i ask her? the two bolded statements contradict each other.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by VERDA: 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
raumdeuter:

Do gays have a motel or do men who rape women have a motel where they stay? Girls who get raped I doubt they went to a motel called rapist motel

If you are wearing boxers in your compound or on your street, and a gay man in your compound or street grabs you and rapes you. How do you prevent that? Should we also blame you for tempting the rapist

You went to play ball and you removed your shirt showing your bare chest, you wear a body hugging top and tight jeans if this tempts a gay guy on the field and he rapes you can we say you were the one who tempted him?

Oga please stop misinterpreting my comments,I condemn rape in every form and this is the third time I am stating it,I am all for prevention,do what you will as an individual but be careful as not everyone is normal,some people are just psychos,that's the way the world is,so one has to be careful and be guided by circumstances around,some things you can do in certain places but can't in some other places not because it is not your right to do those things but because doing it might put you in danger,its called wisdom. Don't know why you are finding it hard to understand my point.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Tozara(m): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2017
Jupxter:

When you finish here, let's discuss about Naruto or Boruto abeg
Haha! You follow NARUTO too? cheesy
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by monex(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2017
closerange:

Women wear skimpy dresses to appear sexy but cringe when they are addressed as such, as for me, any woman can wear whatever she pleases, the only reason why I frown against skimpy dresses, is because it makes it easier for sexual harrasment or rape to occur, its easier to uncloth a skimpily dressed person...

Secondly, no one is safe after "certain hours", its a pity, that is the way the world is, as a guy, you may be lynched, robbed, maimed or raped, for the girls, you may be robbed or raped... Saying one shouldn't be out at certain hours is simple preventive measure... Same reason we advice people to lock their homes... Its not a perfect world.

even if she walks around naked. or even shower with you. You have no right to touch her without her consent.

The grey area is what defines consent (explicit yes before touch or no objection to touch). Assaulting a lady for being sexually provocative is no grey area. it is an absolute NO.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by monex(m): 4:55pm On Nov 22, 2017
tunjilana:
If a man takes off his trousers in public or wears a boxers with solid erection and walk around in public, is it harassment?

it is provocation but nobody has the right to sexually harass him because of his indecent exposure.
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2017
Tozara:
Haha! You follow NARUTO too? cheesy

I saw yu posted about Jiraiya and Tsunade which day i laughed. Naruto has screwed our minds, we interpret almost anything through Naruto. Don't mind me jare, stil lmourning Neji grin
Re: Lets Talk About What Constitutes Sexual Harrassment And Rape by Tozara(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Daeylar:

Oh, sorry about that then smiley
Lol. It's fine. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Photoshoot Of Life! Checkout This Pre-wedding Photo Found On Facebook / She Told Me She Has Herpes / Man Gets A New Car From His Girlfriend's Family For Being Awesome (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.