Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! (31026 Views)

Free El Zazzaky Protest Going On In Iran / Biafra Protest Going On Across Europe As UN Accepts IPOB Referendum Request / Lugwa Sanda Attempts Killing Herself To Protest Going To Atiku-Owned School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by KingOvoramwen1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
By Gabriel Enogholase

THE simmering crisis between the Edos and the Ijaw of Edo State over the alleged coronation of the Pere of Olodiama clan, one Godwin Ogunyeibo, took another dimension, today, as Enogie (Dukes) and prominent citizens from over 42 communities across Ovia North East and Ovia South West local government areas in Edo South senatorial zone of the state took to the streets in Benin today, to protest what they called the annexation of Benin communities by the Ijaw.

The protesters, who were armed with several placards with the inscriptions such as “Egbema is Delta State. Not Edo”, “Ijaw are tenants in Edoland”, “Ijaws stop abusing Benin hospitality” “Ijaw are settlers in Iko (Ikoro), Gelegele belongs to Oba of Benin,” among others, also took their protest to the Edo State House of Assembly and the Government House, Benin. The protesters, led by Enogie of Iguogie HRH Festus Osagiede and High Priest Edokpagbe, the Ohen-Osa of Ughoton, alleged that the Ijaw settlers have severally attacked their people including women and children over the refusal of the Bini to allow the installation of Pere of Olodiama Kingdom at Gelegele in Ovia North East council area of the state.

Responding, the Speaker Edo house of Rep warned the Pere of Olodiama clan not to toy with Benin empire, insisting that the Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II was perhaps one of the strongest monarchs in the world who deserves to be respected. He charged the protesters including the youths to remain law abiding and promised that the Parliament would look through the relevant laws with a view to rendering useful advice.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/enogies-priests-protest-alleged-ijaw-annexation-benin-communities/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Munae(f): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by fellowman: 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
ijaws are not settlers in Edo state, you people should stop lying to yourselves.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Movic1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2017

The protesters, who were armed with several placards with the inscriptions such as “Egbema is Delta State. Not Edo”, “Ijaw are tenants in Edoland”, “Ijaws stop abusing Benin hospitality” “Ijaw are settlers in Iko (Ikoro), Gelegele belongs to Oba of Benin,” among others,

These Benin people got no chill at all! Ha, just because of that small drama Ijaw people perform? What did you now want the Yorubas to do with the Igbos that are installing Ezes anyhow in yorubaland and calling their land No man's land.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by MasterKim: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2017
Observing

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
Movic1:

These Benin people got no chill at all! Ha, just because of that small drama Ijaw people perform? What did you now want the Yorubas to do with the Igbos that are installing Ezes anyhow in yorubaland and calling their land No man's land.

Do the ezes claim any piece of land ?..... You clearly don't know what you are talking about

130 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Movic1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

Do the ezes claim any piece of land ?..... You clearly don't know what you are talking about

The we own lagos that your people are shouting Nko? Ijaws are part of benin in that particular area of Benin, just like the ones in ondo they have the right to the land unlike you guys from far East that have the will and guts to shout they own lagos!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by nengibo: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
Movic1:

The Pere of Olodiama is an indigenous king it isn't the same thing, travel to Gelegele and see things for yourself

11 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Agbaletu: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2017
Movic1:

The we own lagos that your people are shouting Nko? Ijaws are settlers in that particular area in Benin, just like the ones in ondo they have the right to the land unlike you guys from far East that have the will and guts to shout they own lagos!

Not to install Pere in Bini Kingdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Agbaletu: 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2017
nengibo:

The Pere of Olodiama is an indigenous king its isn't the same thing, travel to Gelegele and see things for yourself
Was there any Pere before the botched coronation?

10 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by nengibo: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
Movic1:

The we own lagos that your people are shouting Nko? Ijaws are settlers in that particular area in Benin, just like the ones in ondo they have the right to the land unlike you guys from far East that have the will and guts to shout they own lagos!
Ijaws are indegenous to Ondo & Edo state an Ijaw man is the current deputy governor of Ondo state, the news in ondo state is read in Izon and Yoruba, get your facts right young man

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by BornStunner1: 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
[s]
nengibo:

The Pere of Olodiama is an indigenous king its isn't the same thing, travel to Gelegele and see things for yourself
[/s]

Indeginous to tiny little bayelsa you mean!

Historyworld030 come and see this fishermen oo grin grin

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by alade112(m): 4:19pm On Nov 30, 2017
Movic1:

Not every tribe is as tolerance as the Yorubas o. If its in the North that the igbos are doing that rubbish calling one of their land like kano No man's land just because they got huge population there, the kind thing hausas go Don do for them eh.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by BornStunner1: 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2017
Agbaletu:

Good question!!...... Tiny fishermen from bayelsa oya make una come answer ooo!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by nengibo: 4:21pm On Nov 30, 2017
BornStunner1:
[s][/s]

Indeginous to tiny little bayelsa you mean!
The Ijaws are in almost all the states of Niger delta not only Bayelsa, even in Edo state Ijaws, Igalas, Urhobo, esan, Yoruba(Akoko) are all indegenous so get your facts right young man

7 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by valirex: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
Am starting to believe the ijor oh sorry i meant ijaw are the fulani of the south. Yoruba start preparing yourself for them they will soon resume their claim of owning Lagos, and that they paddled the Yorubas on canoe through the Atlantic ocean from australia

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by nengibo: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
Agbaletu:

It wasn't botched, the Pere of Olodiama is on the throne of his fathers

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Movic1(m): 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2017
nengibo:

Ijaws are indegenous to Ondo & Edo state an Ijaw man is the current deputy governor of Ondo state, the news in ondo state is read in Izon and Yoruba, get your facts right young man

My guy! It was a mistake dear. If you read my post well, I said they have the right to the land. I meant they are part of the state. The settler I used there was a mistake.

8 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by wiseEast: 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
iJAW IS IN BIGHT OF BIAFRA NOT BIGHT OF BENIN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by BornStunner1: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
valirex:
Am starting to believe the ijor oh sorry i meant ijaw are the fulani of the south. Yoruba start preparing yourself for them they will soon resume their claim of owning Lagos, and that they paddled the Yorubas on canoe through the Atlantic ocean from australia

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by BornStunner1: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2017
[
[s]quote author=nengibo post=62856731]
It wasn't botched, the Pere of Olodiama is on the throne of his fathers
[/s]
[/quote]
Answer the question oo tiny fisherman from bayelsa grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by nengibo: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2017
Movic1:

My guy! It was a mistake dear. If you read my post well, I said they have the right to the land. I meant they are part of the state. The settler I used there was a mistake.
No problem brother, i'm here to set the facts straight

2 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by BornStunner1: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
[[s]quote author=nengibo post=62856705]
The Ijaws are in almost all the states of Niger delta not only Bayelsa, even in Edo state Ijaws, Igalas, Urhobo, esan, Yoruba(Akoko) are all indegenous so get your facts right young man[/quote][/s]

All am getting here is that una scatter like housefly.... Oya what else , abi una don dey use solar powered fish net catch fish for una tiny bayelsa?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Chyellaonline: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
MasterKim:
Observing from hell

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by nengibo: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
BornStunner1:
[[s]quote author=nengibo post=62856731]
It wasn't botched, the Pere of Olodiama is on the throne of his fathers[/s]

Answer the question oo tiny fisherman from bayelsa
Keep off my mentions until you learn how to discuss like a grown man and not a virgin troll

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Chyellaonline: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
Movic1:

The we own lagos that your people are shouting Nko? Ijaws are part of benin in that particular area of Benin, just like the ones in ondo they have the right to the land unlike you guys from far East that have the will and guts to shout they own lagos!
some people are really mad.what has igbo got to do here.

41 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by MasterKim: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2017
Chyellaonline:
my people are really mad.what has yoruba got to do here.
Eeyah

7 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by BornStunner1: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
[[s]quote author=nengibo post=62856918]
Keep off my mentions until you learn how to discuss like a grown man and not a virgin troll[/quote][/s]

STFU and sit down your tiny ass , THERE WAS NO WERE ABI PERE BEFORE THAT USELESS FAILED CORONATION!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by talktimi(m): 4:35pm On Nov 30, 2017
Ijaws are a minority in Edo state doesn't mean they can't have a leader of their own, it's not infringing on Bini rights except the Bini's want to permanently subjugate the Ijaws cool

23 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Haile Selassie Met Ironsi, Gowon & Ojukwu In April 1966: Video / Aisha Bala Mohammed Inexhaustible Philanthropic Gestures / Buhari Can’t Be President Because He’s Not Computer Literate – Mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.