Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! (31033 Views)

Free El Zazzaky Protest Going On In Iran / Biafra Protest Going On Across Europe As UN Accepts IPOB Referendum Request / Lugwa Sanda Attempts Killing Herself To Protest Going To Atiku-Owned School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by pascal558(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
Noccerino:

What exactly did u silly Bini do to the igbos except pointing them out to federal troops after they overran you worthless Oba and his useless kingdom.. .. Pls go and fight ur battle with Ijaw and stop making non existent references.
if ijaws and ibos medge together they will steal loose,u need d whole south for you to outweigh d north so d earlier u stop hating fellow southerner d better........
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Dsov2016: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
Noccerino:

What exactly did u silly Bini do to the igbos except pointing them out to federal troops after they overran you worthless Oba and his useless kingdom.. .. Pls go and fight ur battle with Ijaw and stop making non existent references.

bros come usen make them come reenact wetin them do Biafra soldiers for your body �.

but wait o the federal troops way drive them comot was it not led in the benin sector by ogbemudia.

I have not insulted your monarch or tradition so stop insulting mine. the nonsense you try on nairaland you can not dare it outside of nigeria. I dare you to to and insult any foreign monarch if you will not see what befalls on you anyways I do not need to argue with you as it is clear you lack any home training far be it for me to correct you. I only pray that your typing and mouth will not put you into trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by OreMI22: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
PLEASE,
What is Nigeria turning into?

Intolerance everywhere.

It is the type of nation you get when everyone from the President to the street sweeper sees the country only through the lens of ethnic bigotry.

Nigeria needs inspiring and detribalized leaders.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Alexus23: 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dsov2016:

bros come usen make them come reenact wetin them do Biafra soldiers for your body �.

but wait o the federal troops way drive them comot was it not led in the benin sector by ogbemudia
You have been making too much noise lately. Face your Ijaw nemesis and leave Igbos out of it. We are not your mate. Inugo. angry

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
Lol Benin Chiefs and the Oba should respect themselves and stop fanning embers of war
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Alexus23: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
OreMI22:
PLEASE,

Intolerance everywhere.

It is the type of nation you get when everyone from the President to the street sweeper sees the country only through the lens of ethnic bigotry.

There is nothing like Nigeria. Its a conglomarate of British experimental slave dungeon. Can you in all honesty ever be proud of Nigeria?
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Dsov2016: 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2017
OreMI22:
PLEASE,

Intolerance everywhere.

Then please proffer a solution. I believe we as a country missed the opportunity to stop ethnocentrism between the 40s and independence. what we needed at that point was a brutal acculturation ie destroying any and every shred of culture and creating a new singular one from the ashes of the old several ones similar to what sir ahmadu bello did in the northern region by making Hausa the lingual franca of the defunct region. The way that I see it, to stop intolerance in the country you need some major factors in place
1 . respect ie each and every tribe respects each other . few years back I would have said we are getting there but with nmadi kanu and others I would say we are decades from there
2 removal of the political class (elites). the fight for Nigerian independence was not as united as you think. in fact it was those who fought for independence then that fostered this problems. because of their ambitions they set tribe against tribe, people who had centuries of respect for each other notwithstanding their enmities and grudges suddenly the most brutal of enemies because of ego. i blame the founding fathers because now that they have become heroes and legends people are now more than ever blind to their flaws.
3. language in Nigeria we do not really have that clear unifying event that has brought us together(though we do have some like our shared hatred of politicians,epileptic power supply, lack of amenities,even shared grief) like an external war, deadly mass affecting epidemic, wide spread natural disasters what we have had instead was a polarizing ethnocentric conflict(the civil war) which has continued to leave a scar on our national unity. What we do have causing more scars is language. We have over 400 different languages in Nigeria and its another invisible dividing line in this country. what we all need to do is to either accept pidgin as our common language but with enough modification that it is different from English sort of like hinglish of India or torglish of the phillipines or create a new artificial language like Klingon. but the problem is that it would take decades before such a language would take even 50% population proficiency . While this new languages are taking roots we slowly let the other languages die a natural death, with our new national language, with proper encouragement and enticement from the government I give it 20 yes before the only language spoken will be the national language especially if its the pidgin route you go.

another thing is to stop the creation of more traditional kingdoms where there were none in fact I would say we should rather centralise existing traditional stools. this will stop communal crisis.

I can write on and on but what I believe is that as long as these factors are not in place( note that there are others and some are quite controversial in present day nigeria there will not be tolerance and unity and even should break up occur the game of one upmanship will continue. its one of the reasons why nigeria has not gone far in the committee of nations. when we rise above our so called place its so easy for outside forces to oppress and demoralizing us by knocking the different tribes head against each other. its the same method politicians game to win against us
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Dsov2016: 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
Alexus23:

You have been making too much noise lately. Face your Ijaw nemesis and leave Igbos out of it. We are not your mate. Inugo. angry

and you are quite silly did I drag the Igbo's into this matter , I am only stating history and if you feel pained why don't you invent a time machine and go and change history
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Dsov2016: 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol Benin Chiefs and the Oba should respect themselves and stop fanning embers of war

wow! what a statement, oya clap for yourself. my friend stop being biased and go look at the genesis of this story

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Alexus23: 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dsov2016:

and you are quite silly did I drag the Igbo's into this matter , I am only stating history and if you feel pained why don't you invent a time machine and go and change history
Which biased history are you referring to? Is it the killings of Western Igbos civilians, using FG mechinary, the height of your treachery that you call history? Where was your strong warlords, when Biafran soldiers overan Benin? You never stood a chance man. Biafrans retreated and you had the chance to unleash your venom on fellow civilians because of the frustration and pain of defeat.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Dsov2016: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2017
Alexus23:

Which biased history are you referring to? Is it the killings of Western Igbos civilians, using FG mechinary, the height of your treachery that you call history? Where was your strong warlords, when Biafran soldiers overan Benin? You never stood a chance man. Biafrans retreated and you had the chance to unleash your venom on fellow civilians because of the frustration and pain of defeat. You no reach where we dey, just maintain your lane, and keep us out of your trouble.

were you part of it. my friend ask other sources intact I repeat my statement go to usen an let them use u for reenactment
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Alexus23: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dsov2016:

were you part of it. my friend ask other sources intact I repeat my statement go to usen an let them use u for reenactment
Wetin I dey go find for usen?
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Noccerino(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
pascal558:
if ijaws and ibos medge together they will steal loose,u need d whole south for you to outweigh d north so d earlier u stop hating fellow southerner d better........
I don't have the time to hate anyone... Just tell ur Benin brethren to keep igbos out of ur tussle with ijaw, we are not interested in Gelegele or Edo state at large.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by ArchangeLucifer: 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=Basic123 post=62880574][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
Dsov2016:

wow! what a statement, oya clap for yourself. my friend stop being biased and go look at the genesis of this story
Uncle make that Oba mind him business
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by AxxeMan: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Uncle make that Oba mind him business

Guy lock up dat your mouth!
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2017
nengibo:

Ijaws are indegenous to Ondo & Edo state an Ijaw man is the current deputy governor of Ondo state, the news in ondo state is read in Izon and Yoruba, get your facts right young man

The fact that Barrister Keji Agboola Ajayi was made the deputy governor of Ondo does not denied the fact the Ijaws are settlers in that area. The Ilaje & the Ijaws have fought over ownership of the riverine areas in the time past.
The Ijaws met Ilaje in that area. I remembered Ijaws has taken Lagos State government to court for demolition of one of their settlement in Lagos.

In the ESE - ODO area, Yoruba magnanimity & open heart come to play here. The Ajayi family where the Deputy governor comes from in Apoi area must have strong link with Yoruba because that is a traditional Yoruba family name. I am not sure if he is an Ijaw man.

Having said this, the Binis like to live in fools Paradise. Falsification of history to suite themselves in this century, still living on past lost glory and afraid of the future of their Oba status. Oba Akiolu is their co - traveler.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
I seriously beg Omo n'Oba n'Edo to give the order, let us boot these fvckers out.
We are fed up of these bastards, we offer them peace they take advantage of it and attack our people and insult us.
Please Omo n'Oba n'Edo, give us the marching orders. Let lose the hounds of hell.
Let lose the hounds of hell.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
"pain of defeat"
So now you call armed soldiers overruning unarmed civilians a "defeat" ?
I guess the nigerian army was then right to celebrate its "defeat" of ipob then.
Idiot.
Alexus23:

Which biased history are you referring to? Is it the killings of Western Igbos civilians, using FG mechinary, the height of your treachery that you call history? Where was your strong warlords, when Biafran soldiers overan Benin? You never stood a chance man. Biafrans retreated and you had the chance to unleash your venom on fellow civilians because of the frustration and pain of defeat.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
I am partly igbo like many Edos, if you take a look at Oba Ovonramwen's palace then you will notice that some of his closest officials were igbo, including my ancestor: Chief Agho Obaseki.
Noccerino:

I don't have the time to hate anyone... Just tell ur Benin brethren to keep igbos out of ur tussle with ijaw, we are not interested in Gelegele or Edo state at large.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2017
historyworld030:
I am partly igbo like many Edos, if you take a look at Oba Ovonramwen's palace then you will notice that some of his closest officials were igbo, including my ancestor: Chief Agho Obaseki.

Thanks. So, the Obaseki of Benin family have ancestry link to Ibo. Ha. I am sure there is only one Obaseki family in Benin. Hope this revelation will not cause another heated online argument.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
Edo, don't let the ijaw fvckers decieve you, as a matter of fact if you are not educated enough then make sure you either keep quiet or you research what you want to post in order to make sure you are not making any historical or logical mistake.
Now who is this foolish Edo talking about letting noertherners or yoruba to come and fight for us. And who is this idiot who is saying: "oh remember what we did to igbi soldiers" ? What the fvck is wrong with you guys, are you just as daft as the ijaw ? Is it the igbos whom are trying to invade us or the ijaw. You idiots. And what in hell would you need yoruba or northerners for ? Are you that daft ?
You are letting these fvckers draw a wedge between you and your brothers: all other Edos who populate Edo state, the delta region and parts of the south east and the south-west. And for Jesus's sake stop referring to yourself with the name they are calling you with !
Benin City is not a tribe, it is a city. The capital of Benin Kingdom, many of you are fromesan land or other parts of the kingdom, like in every country people tend to move around and a lot of the people tend to settle in the capital.
The Oba of Benin does not belong to Benin City, he is Omo n'Oba n'Edo, he belongs to all the Edos, he is our king !
We are not many peoples, we are not many tribes, we are just one people: EDO !
A lot of you guys commenting are too dumb to talk, so just shut the fvck up. And I mean every people here. Igbo, Edo, Yoruba, and especially the bastard lying ijaw.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
historyworld030:
Edo, don't let the ijaw fvckers decieve you, as a matter of fact if you are not educated enough then make sure you either keep quiet or you research what you want to post in order to make sure you are not making any historical or logical mistake.
Now who is this foolish Edo talking about letting noertherners or yoruba to come and fight for us. And who is this idiot who is saying: "oh remember what we did to igbi soldiers" ? What the fvck is wrong with you guys, are you just as daft as the ijaw ? Is it the igbos whom are trying to invade us or the ijaw. You idiots. And what in hell would you need yoruba or northerners for ? Are you that daft ?
You are letting these fvckers draw a wedge between you and you brothers: all other Edos who populate Edo state, the delta region and parts of the south east and the south-west. And for Jesus's sake stop referring to yourself with the name they are calling you with !
Benin City is not a tribe, it is a city. The capital of Benin Kingdom, many of you are fromesan land or other parts of the kingdom, like in every country people tend to move around and a lot of the people tend to settle in the capital.
The Oba of Benin does not belong to Benin City, he is Omo n'Oba n'Edo, he belongs to all the Edos, he is our king !
A lot of you guys commenting are too dumb to talk, so just shut the fvck up. And I mean every people here. Igbo, Edo, Yoruba, and especially the bastard lying ijaw.

The Yoruba should shut up? Any river that forgets her source must surely dry. It is a matter of time.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
Yes we do, and it seems to me that the uncle of the current Oba already stated this before the election.
This is common knowledge because that side of my familly is famous.
As a matter of fact the Benin Kingdom was never a mono-tribe thing.
The Obaseki are Edo to the core, before the british came, all of the Delta was part of the Benin Kingdom and the grand father of Chief Agho Obaseki was an Obi (in the Delta) who was a very loyal lieutenant to the Oba of Benin and who sent Chief Agho Obaseki's father to the palace of Omo n'Oba n'Edo to serve Omo n'Oba n'Edo. Chief Agho Obaseki grew up in the Benin palace and was besties with Oba Ovonramwen befor our revered Oba Ovonramwen became Oba. They both grew like brothers.
Edos are much more related to Igbos than most people know, and yes we are also very related to some people who for some reason or the other are now calling themselves yoruba. They used to be called Edos.

babaolofin:

Thanks. So, the Obaseki of Benin family have ancestry link to Ibo. Ha. I am sure there is only one Obaseki family in Benin. Hope this revelation will not cause another heated online argument.

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
And you think you are our "source" because a demented man from your family said so ?
babaolofin:

The Yoruba should shut up? Any river that forgets her source must surely dry. It is a matter of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
What does ethnicity even mean, just a language, a dialect, that has nothing to do with actual bloodlinks.
If a slave returnee was dropped in the south west and learned "yoruba", some idiots would say: his ethnicity is "yoruba".
If and Edo move to the east and learnt an igboid language then some other idiots would say: his ethnicity is igbo.
What sense does all this make ?
Just get yourselves back to school and learn real history rather than continuing with this illiterate way of thinking.
Our ancestors couldn't read or write, but I have to admit that they were way smarter than us, colonization has really killed the source of african intelligence which didn't need books to cultivate. You guys are incredibly lost and see yourselves through the eyes of others.

3 Likes

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
The one thing every Edo (and everybody who know his ancestors were citizens of the great Benin Kingdom (of which Benin city is only the capital)) should know is that our Oba is one of the last legacies we have from our ancestors. We (all of us together), have to defend our Oba, we have to defend our land and King. The ijaw fvckers have caused enough problems already in the south-south, enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by professorPABX: 3:30am On Dec 02, 2017
historyworld030:
And you think you are our "source" because a demented man from your family said so ?
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by EdoNation(f): 3:45am On Dec 02, 2017
professorPABX:

You are a small boy at 30 displaying naivety, ignorance & foolishness. Only fools believed centuries old history will just be altered in 2004 & 2009 by a monarch without any proof. When he said ancestors had approved Jonathan for continuation in 2015 & commissioners resigned from Oshiomhole govt while OBJ spiritually tore the party apart by tearing his membership card, I had expected the ancestors to come to GEJ rescue.

It is now I know the reasons why there are so many Nigerian prostitutes in Italy.They are products of bad parentage. Their male counterparts from the same parentage background are mostly mentally sick & lazy.

The fear of diminishing of your empire status led to history falsification & riot against Ijaw in Benin City. If the Ijaws militia regroup against the Edo you cannot survive it

You Yorubas have issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 02, 2017
I really don't understand why they are so obsessed with us Edos.
And look at the sentence of the guy you are replying, he doesn't even make sense.
I just wonder if he has dementia.
EdoNation:

You Yorubas have issues
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by MayorofLagos(m): 3:55am On Dec 02, 2017
[quote author=ArchangeLucifer post=62891222][/quote]

Yeah, we don hear. Yoruba will not invol e in you all SS matter.
Re: Anti Ijaw Protest Going On In Benin!! by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 02, 2017
I am really getting tired with the constant harassment by the "yoruba", what in this topic has anything to do with "yoruba" ?

Also, the "yoruba" folks, can you please explain to me how it is possible to falsify pre-colonial maps of our region which are held in european museums and libraries ? You call me a falsifier while I come with proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlUMUGUorw

Some ancient maps of Benin Kingdom:

This one dates to around 1699:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

You "yoruba" all you have is just a story with no proof, actually the proof I provide shows your story to be false.
Now what in hell does the current topic have to do with "yoruba" ?
The same way you harassed Igbo on topics which concerned only Igbos and had nothing to do with you !
Why can't you guys just mind your damned business ?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Joseph Odemuyiwa Admits Forging Certificate - Sahara Reporters / Biafra: Sit-at-home Is Dead, Buried – Nnamdi Kanu / Copy Of USA Embassy Official Letter Clearing Tinubu Of Crime In 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.