Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,853 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children (4929 Views)

Elderly Woman Cries Out: I Want To Be Somebody’s Wife Or Girlfriend (Video) / Just Found Out I Am A Month Pregnant / How I Found Out I Have A Public Toilet As Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by enemyofprogress: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
He’s a 52 year old civil engineer. And his wife, a pharmacist, 50, both raised four children – 21, 19, 16 and 13.

The couple met in 1993, and married in 1995. And raised their four children to the best of their abilities with all the resources at their disposal… Until October 2017.
That’s when he discovered that all four are not his biological children! After DNA tests at HumGene Ltd in Lagos proved that he’s not in anyway related to the children that meant the world to him.
Here’s the distraught father’s narration of how his world collapsed…
This is my story:

On the 20th of September 2017, my 3rd child who happens to be a female was critically ill in the hospital and the doctor informed us that she needs an urgent blood transfusion.

My wife and I were in the hospital and we both decided to have our blood tested in other to know who has the same blood group with our daughter. But to our surprise when the result came out, we were informed that none of us has the same blood group with our daughter. We had to find a way out as soon as possible.

Fortunately for us, our first son came and he happened to be a match. I was innocent about the whole thing because I didn’t know the implication of a child not matching either of the parent’s blood group. After the whole thing was taken care of, the doctor called me in privately to ask if I was the real father of my own daughter. At first, I was furious but I calmed down and answered him by saying, “Of course, why would you be asking me such question?”

He went ahead to explain how a child can have either the mother’s or father’s blood group. I was confused and I asked him what he was trying to tell me. And he said it’s either I’m not the father of the child or my wife is not the mother because one of us is supposed to match. But since none is a match there is a problem. I didn’t take it seriously because it was sounding odd to me. When I informed my wife about it, her answer was, “Don’t mind that stupid doctor.”

After 3 days, our daughter was discharged from the hospital. My mind was no longer at rest because I didn’t know what to do. I went back to the doctor and asked for advice on what I should do. He told me that if I wanted to be sure of everything, I should have a paternity test done on my daughter. When he mentioned that to me, I almost collapsed because I know what that means. It was too much for me to handle. But I had to be a man and face whatever is about to happen. I asked him if I should do the same thing for the remaining 3. He told me that will be a good idea if I can afford it.

I decided to take the bold step even though it was not easy. I asked him if he has an idea of where I can carry out the test here in Lagos and the cost. He advised me of 2 places and their prices. Coincidentally, a friend of mine told me that he saw an advert on Facebook about a company known as HumGene Limited, that they offer the cheapest DNA Paternity test in Nigeria. I quickly called the number they put on the advert and I spoke with the CEO of the company just to confirm if it’s actually true. She was nice and helpful and booked an appointment for me to come in with my 4 children in order to take samples from us. I asked her how accurate the result can be, and she said 99.99% if am the father and 0% if am not the father.

When we all arrived at her office, she told me to come in alone. She asked me for my story and if I was ready for this because the result could be either way and especially 4 children involved, the eldest is 21 years old. At first, I was scared and she asked me if I wanted to take time to think about it before making the decision. I was surprised and asked her if she doesn’t want money. She smiled and answered me by saying: “ Sir, it’s not just all about the money, I think of my clients’ psychological well being first.”

I had to be a man and I told her I was ready. I asked her when the result will be ready and she said 5 working days because she is yet to start the analysis in Nigeria. So, for now, she sends the samples to her partner company in Canada.

The waiting period seemed like a hundred years to me. When the results came in, she called me to come in for them. I was scared but at the same time, I wanted to know the truth. When I got to her office, counselling began even before giving me the results, I just knew the worst has happened but I didn’t expect it to be all my children that I have laboured for all my life, giving them the best in life. But unfortunately for me when I opened the results all the 4 children were not mine. 3 sons and 1 daughter. I couldn’t hold it as a man, I broke down in tears.

At first, I taught I was dreaming and waiting to wake up from sleep. The trauma was too much for me.

When I got home, I called my wife to the bedroom immediately and gave her the results. She denied everything. I wanted to believe her to make myself happy. I went ahead to call the CEO of HumGene Limited to ask her if she was sure about the result. I spoke with her with an angry tone, but she was calm and told me she is very sure and referred me to other places I can try doing another test. She informed me that although the prices are higher.

I didn’t know what to do and I went to the doctor that advised me to go for the paternity test. When he saw the results, he told me this can’t be a mistake because DNA does not lie and that the 22 loci region is the highest in the Paternity test. I felt more convinced and went back home. I told my wife that if she does not tell me the truth I will go ahead to our church pastor and show them the result. After hearing me say that, she broke down into tears and confession started.

She had all my supposed to be children for the same man. That was why our son had same blood group with the sister. She has refused to tell me the man and the reason why she did what she did.

We are yet to tell the children and our family members. I’m in great shock and don’t know where to start from.

The CEO of HumGene Limited has been of great help taking her time to counsel me anytime I needed that. I need advise. Please, what should I do? Men out there you need to be vigilant.

http://encomium.ng/how-l-found-out-im-not-the-the-father-of-my-4-children-after-22-years-of-marriage/
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
Sad
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Jochabed(f): 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
May God heal your heart,i know how painful it is.
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
too long ... I don't like reading cheesy

actually i have witnessed such before.

a couple brought their sick daughter and she had low pcv, but her father isn't her match. very strange but the parents are not learned, so we all died the case among the staffs to avoid a broken home.
I as a general donor, donated my blood for her.

women enh! fear them...

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Taiwo20(m): 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
This your advert technique makes sense die

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by MhizzAJ(f): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
shocked
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
This life ehn!
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Nwodosis(m): 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
shocked
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Coloradvantage(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
mentioning humgene often.., shows its just for publicity, such happens though no doubt... but this story was made up to drive home a point.
... let people know there is an affordable place you can do a DNA test. humgene. and other few places in Lagos.
... any other thing?... story.

27 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by LilSmith55(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2017
Taiwo20:

I thought I'm the only one that notice ni oooo...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by blues343(m): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
Women women women women women women

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by habsydiamond(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
Omo mehn, women don finish this man career after many years....all pikin wey he dey call im own Na another pesin own. if he kill that woman I no go blame him at all..... some women are wicked oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by teekay213(m): 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
I will kill that woman without anyone knowing.
She has finished the man!
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by opsylojay(m): 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2017
This is a good form of advertising... I don't believe the story

9 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef angry
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Abbey2sam(m): 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2017
enemyofprogress:

He’s a 52 year old civil engineer. And his wife, a pharmacist, 50, both raised four children – 21, 19, 16 and 13.

The couple met in 1993, and married in 1995. And raised their four children to the best of their abilities with all the resources at their disposal… Until October 2017.
That’s when he discovered that all four are not his biological children! After DNA tests at HumGene Ltd in Lagos proved that he’s not in anyway related to the children that meant the world to him.
This is my story:

On the 20th of September 2017, my 3rd child who happens to be a female was critically ill in the hospital and the doctor informed us that she needs an urgent blood transfusion.

My wife and I were in the hospital and we both decided to have our blood tested in other to know who has the same blood group with our daughter. But to our surprise when the result came out, we were informed that none of us has the same blood group with our daughter. We had to find a way out as soon as possible.

Fortunately for us, our first son came and he happened to be a match. I was innocent about the whole thing because I didn’t know the implication of a child not matching either of the parent’s blood group. After the whole thing was taken care of, the doctor called me in privately to ask if I was the real father of my own daughter. At first, I was furious but I calmed down and answered him by saying, “Of course, why would you be asking me such question?”

He went ahead to explain how a child can have either the mother’s or father’s blood group. I was confused and I asked him what he was trying to tell me. And he said it’s either I’m not the father of the child or my wife is not the mother because one of us is supposed to match. But since none is a match there is a problem. I didn’t take it seriously because it was sounding odd to me. When I informed my wife about it, her answer was, “Don’t mind that stupid doctor.”

After 3 days, our daughter was discharged from the hospital. My mind was no longer at rest because I didn’t know what to do. I went back to the doctor and asked for advice on what I should do. He told me that if I wanted to be sure of everything, I should have a paternity test done on my daughter. When he mentioned that to me, I almost collapsed because I know what that means. It was too much for me to handle. But I had to be a man and face whatever is about to happen. I asked him if I should do the same thing for the remaining 3. He told me that will be a good idea if I can afford it.

I decided to take the bold step even though it was not easy. I asked him if he has an idea of where I can carry out the test here in Lagos and the cost. He advised me of 2 places and their prices. Coincidentally, a friend of mine told me that he saw an advert on Facebook about a company known as HumGene Limited, that they offer the cheapest DNA Paternity test in Nigeria. I quickly called the number they put on the advert and I spoke with the CEO of the company just to confirm if it’s actually true. She was nice and helpful and booked an appointment for me to come in with my 4 children in order to take samples from us. I asked her how accurate the result can be, and she said 99.99% if am the father and 0% if am not the father.

When we all arrived at her office, she told me to come in alone. She asked me for my story and if I was ready for this because the result could be either way and especially 4 children involved, the eldest is 21 years old. At first, I was scared and she asked me if I wanted to take time to think about it before making the decision. I was surprised and asked her if she doesn’t want money. She smiled and answered me by saying: “ Sir, it’s not just all about the money, I think of my clients’ psychological well being first.”

I had to be a man and I told her I was ready. I asked her when the result will be ready and she said 5 working days because she is yet to start the analysis in Nigeria. So, for now, she sends the samples to her partner company in Canada.

The waiting period seemed like a hundred years to me. When the results came in, she called me to come in for them. I was scared but at the same time, I wanted to know the truth. When I got to her office, counselling began even before giving me the results, I just knew the worst has happened but I didn’t expect it to be all my children that I have laboured for all my life, giving them the best in life. But unfortunately for me when I opened the results all the 4 children were not mine. 3 sons and 1 daughter. I couldn’t hold it as a man, I broke down in tears.

At first, I taught I was dreaming and waiting to wake up from sleep. The trauma was too much for me.

When I got home, I called my wife to the bedroom immediately and gave her the results. She denied everything. I wanted to believe her to make myself happy. I went ahead to call the CEO of HumGene Limited to ask her if she was sure about the result. I spoke with her with an angry tone, but she was calm and told me she is very sure and referred me to other places I can try doing another test. She informed me that although the prices are higher.

I didn’t know what to do and I went to the doctor that advised me to go for the paternity test. When he saw the results, he told me this can’t be a mistake because DNA does not lie and that the 22 loci region is the highest in the Paternity test. I felt more convinced and went back home. I told my wife that if she does not tell me the truth I will go ahead to our church pastor and show them the result. After hearing me say that, she broke down into tears and confession started.

She had all my supposed to be children for the same man. That was why our son had same blood group with the sister. She has refused to tell me the man and the reason why she did what she did.

We are yet to tell the children and our family members. I’m in great shock and don’t know where to start from.

The CEO of HumGene Limited has been of great help taking her time to counsel me anytime I needed that. I need advise. Please, what should I do? Men out there you need to be vigilant.

http://encomium.ng/how-l-found-out-im-not-the-the-father-of-my-4-children-after-22-years-of-marriage/

I can category tell you that this your story is a lie

6 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Bayozomomamae: 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
Taiwo20:
guy y u ruin everything na
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by eyinjuege: 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
What a stupid Dr, if your story is true.
Its possible for a biological child not to have the same blood group as either parent.
E.g an A negative mother marrying a B positive father can have an AB negative child.
A B positive father and B positive mother can have an O positive child

1 Like

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
TRASH
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by LorDBolton(m): 10:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
enemyofprogress:

This is my story:

What a FAKE story ...

But yea many peeps are unaware they fathering other peeps kids
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by AuroraB(f): 10:41pm On Dec 03, 2017
What a loudmouth of a doctor shocked
Anyway, It's just an advert cheesy
Your wife would commit such atrocious crime and refuse telling Whom her partner in crime is undecided undecided undecided
In fact, A is for Ewu. B is for bia n'ebe a. C is for see your head angry sad

2 Likes

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by byemx06(m): 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
we not that daft ...........nice advert anyway
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by cybriz82(m): 11:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
Taiwo20:

Humgene limited
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by enemyofprogress: 11:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
Abbey2sam:

I can category tell you that this your story is a lie
It wasn't me that wroted it now
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by DONFASZY(m): 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2017
Men men men
Don't force ur sef on women especially d one dat Niva loved u
Dis is d highest wickedness
I saw a movies like dis and d pain was too much
Dis is bad
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jochabed:
May God heal your heart,i know how painful it is.
what's painful here? The man is crazy, i no pity am at all. Always do everything with your brain and not your heart. They'd never listen. How can someone give birth to 4 children in your own home, under your own roof and none is yours? Is the man under a spell? Is he cursed or what? And i'm sure he'd be claiming man of the house. He is mad. Infact craze join self. I no pity am at all. Such a fool. Oloriboo okunrin.
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Kobicove(m): 12:09am On Dec 04, 2017
Do things like this actually happen in real life?
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Macgreat(m): 12:27am On Dec 04, 2017
Wow!

This sounded more like an ad at the end!
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by olaolaking: 1:35am On Dec 04, 2017
In summary,
+ HumGene Limited offers DNA services.
+ HumGene limited DNA price is one of the cheapest in Lagos state.
+ HumGene limited have affiliation with a Canadian partner (a very good country)
+ HumGene limited CEO is nice.
+ HumGene limited CEO is concerned about her clients emotions more than the money.
+ HumGene limited CEO can be so calm even when you are rude to her.
Conclusion: When next you need DNA services, patronize HumGene limited.
Thank you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by olanshi: 1:48am On Dec 04, 2017

So many things like this happen in this world we live in. Imagine having grown up children you raised from child birth till date and you did a DNA test just to find out all the Children are not yours...

Something like this happened to one Man I know very well, he is based in the United States but he comes to Nigeria every 4months. He was making a plan to take his wife and 3 kids with him to the United States.

During the processing, the embassy request they do a DNA test before the can process there Visa... But to his surprise, the DNA test came out negative on all the 3 kids! angry He is not the biological father of the kids he raised for years! embarassed The oldest just finished his University education and he is about 22yrs old.

Do you think this man can live a normal happy life anymore? NO!

Women can be very deceptive, they possesses weapon of mass destruction!

This is absolutely a true life story!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 04, 2017
I may be a nice guy but in this scenario, my sissy gun won't be. What a wicked soul of a wife. angry
Re: How I Found Out I Am Not The Father Of My Four Children by femi4: 6:09am On Dec 04, 2017
Great advert

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP: How Do I Quit My Relationship With An Army Woman I Met On Facebook. / (18+) What Do I Call This Kind Of Relationship Pls? / Hiv Positive Girl Infects Boyfriend With Virus And Get Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.