Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90146 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Long time
whats your unit? Don't tell me it's classified....go ahead which of them?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
The OP has decided to stay back in the US and fight for his stay. The rest of us in Nigeria should continue battling the system till we can leave legally. I consider this thread closed?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
whats your unit? Don't tell me it's classified....go ahead which of them?
what do U mean by UNIT??
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
all of you agents snooping around this forum. Don't you people have any other task to do. Are you assigned to only nairaland? From the op's tone, you can sense that he really wants to go home and relax. Why are you hell bent on trying to make a young man who can easily make it with $30k to remain in a foreign land.. are you his God? how do you know he will never make it except he goes to Canada or America? I don't understand..

What are you talking about? If i get you right, you think America has stationed agents or trolls on nairaland to disparage Nigeria? This Nigerians sef. You think the rest of the World has time for Africa? SMH.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

what do U mean by UNIT??

He thinks you are CIA. grin How dumb can Nigerians be sef? cry
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mofedamijo(m): 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
nairacrusader:

Imagine I got this kind of advise 2 years ago from someone like you.! I lived in the Uk for 10 years....I'm living what you just said above. No hope for this dead-beat country...proper waste of my two years. I have all intent of going back with my son soon...don't bother relocating here bruh....seriously!

@mofedamijo- where is your little village? smiley
Dont look at the years gone please sir/ma thank God urs is not 6years,some have wasted 5yrs with no hope of going back.......just focus on the future,as 4 my small village.......story 4 another day lol.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mrphysics(m): 8:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
featheredwinter:

Op listen to this guy here!
Your decision to come back to Nigeria should be yours and yours alone.

Yes, Nigeria is not as she should be, she is not as bad as a whole lot of persons paint her.
If you eventually decide to leave, you'll need to plan, to really plan. And you should make a conscious decision to guard yourself from people with grim pictures... negative people...

Meanwhile, don't you have any trusted person back home who will help pave at least a landing path for you and a short term arrangement pending when you get settled?

If you want a paid job, you could start your searches there.. Or if you want to be on your own, make adequate researches on what you want to do...

There should be a bigger picture than just starting off one or two provision stores.. Do you really know the value of Naija money?

Please if you don't have well laid plans and backup plans, save yourself regrets and stay back there!
Statistics revealed that most people on nairaland are IPOB and they will always be quick to pain Nigeria bad. I earn in dollars and in Naira too and I can tell you that with 9 million, OP can settle in Abuja and leave comfortably while pursuing business.

Most of these comments here come from unemployed people, those who don't know their right from their left.

There are several things he can do with the money and he will leave below average. How many Nigerian have 9 million? 99% of corpers have less than 2m. So what stops OP from excelling.

How much does Tony Elumelu give in its youth empowerment yet people double it in a year.

Listening to comments from people in this nairaland on such issue like this
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
all of you agents snooping around this forum. Don't you people have any other task to do. Are you assigned to only nairaland? From the op's tone, you can sense that he really wants to go home and relax. Why are you hell bent on trying to make a young man who can easily make it with $30k to remain in a foreign land.. are you his God? how do you know he will never make it except he goes to Canada or America? I don't understand..
sharaap there, what Agent?? we are giving few people Ideas here and U are talking about stuff you know next to nothing about!
Sit back and listen to people like us who have been in his shoes and how we overcame such cos one day you might find yourself in same shoe!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by babaskool(m): 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

SMH, you are a disgrace to the profession.I am the top honchos at NBA are seeing this but they are too busy looting our bar practicing fees to even notice. Goodluck with your "client".

I am a disgrace to a profession by telling someone he would need to first incoporate a company first before he can dream of ever doing business in Nigeria, also I advised him as to the best of hot business in Nigeria now which have a high investment yield by using the amount of petrol stations in Nigeria make. I also told him I can send him the business proposals for free of which I can even recomend other prfessionals to him who can help him get started on all I have said to confirm if they are real or not... And yet you say I am a disgrace to the profession... I pray to God to help you in life

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Sanchase: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2017
OP remember you need N150 to rent trolley at Murtala Muhammed

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mcafeez: 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

I was studying and graduated from Uni East London in Malaysia... I came back home in 2014 to set up an IT biz... I have been trying my best though and I have won myself several awards and its only when I got to naija I am able to build my own house through hustles.. So I will advice u to come If u have good business plan BUT BUT BUT BUT make sure u have backup plan, I mean Visa to move out if things goes wrong and don't trust anybody with ur money even ur family... A lots of hunger dey naija, then go chop ur money... Just com home and start ur biz yaself.. Dont think u can use ur certs to find job oooo plenty gurus full ground then no see job..
Note: work on good biz plan.. Location, transportation and mobilization...

God bless
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
mrphysics:

Statistics revealed that most people on nairaland are IPOB and they will always be quick to pain Nigeria bad. I earn in dollars and in Naira too and I can tell you that with 9 million, OP can settle in Abuja and leave comfortably while pursuing business.

Most of these comments here come from unemployed people, those who don't know their right from their left.

There are several things he can do with the money and he will leave below average. How many Nigerian have 9 million? 99% of corpers have less than 2m. So what stops OP from excelling.

How much does Tony Elumelu give in its youth empowerment yet people double it in a year.

There U go, classic, U have to bring the tribe thing into it.9 page down the line bravo.U earn in $$$$$ why not Earn in Naira?
that platform U operate is foreign based, why don't you invest on Bet 9ja so we know you are putting ur money where ur mouth is.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Chevronstaff: 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
degreat11:
Leaving the US to start up provisions shops in Nigeria are You fucking kiddin me.

You mean with your MBA is provision shops are could come up with.

As in ehnn....OP needs serious prayers... His village people are at work....lol..
How will someone with Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry in the United States wake up one morning and start thinking of relocating to Naija to come and open a provision store....??
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
mcafeez:

I was studying and graduated from Uni East London in Malaysia... I came back home in 2014 to set up an IT biz... I have been trying my best though and I have won myself several awards and its only when I got to naija I am able to build my own house through hustles.. So I will advice u to come If u have good business plan BUT BUT BUT BUT make sure u have backup plan, I mean Visa to move out if things goes wrong and don't trust anybody with ur money even ur family... A lots of hunger dey naija, then go chop ur money... Just com home and start ur biz yaself.. Dont think u can use ur certs to find job oooo plenty gurus full ground then no see job..
Note: work on good biz plan.. Location, transportation and mobilization...

God bless
Bross no offence, Malaysia dn the US are way way different, people in the US will tell you there is no life in Malaysia!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by doris4u(f): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
[quote author=BluFlyBoy post=62979761]Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?[
U want to come back haaaaaaaaaaa. Pls let us exchange locations o,you come home and I will go to the US since ur missing your country.

Let me tell u the truth now, when u come back the first thing that will hit you is insufficient power supply unless u will run gen 24/7. Then let's get to job, hmmmmmm. If u don't know anyone to connect you fast to your dream job you might get frustrated while searching abi u wan add to the number of jobless youth in Nigeria. My brother if u don buy ticket to come back to this shit hole,sell am and remain in Paradise, unless you want to experience suffering.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

He thinks you are CIA. grin How dumb can Nigerians be sef? cry
grin grin grin grin grin.U kno most people here sabi form, them 4get say I fit go their page go read their past post grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by onyegwu2: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Don't mind that guy he is lieing, he just wanted to write and get peoples reaction with the internet u can be even closer to your village.Ewu can beer
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by AleAirHub(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Who so ever person that advice you on this decision is really wicked.

I use papa God to abeg you, stay for USA. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by oodua1stson: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?
forget you were ever a Nigerian and stay where you are
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

What are you talking about? If i get you right, you think America has stationed agents or trolls on nairaland to disparage Nigeria? This Nigerians sef. You think the rest of the World has time for Africa? SMH.
well, according to former CIA director, the CIA reads more than 5 million tweets a day.... I would not be surprised if you are one of them. I am also aware that some agents are regularly sent to Lagos and Abuja.. I have met one of them before.. I would not go further..they operate via u.s embassy. Don't ask me who I am. I would like to remain anonymous. And also loyal to my unit.. Incase you doubt me, you can go and ask your brother Edward Snowden.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by kaypower1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2017
i use god name take beg u bros, dnt dare dream.of coming back. stay there, even if u dey dream am, wake up
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by bobkezel(m): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2017
featheredwinter:

Op listen to this guy here!
Your decision to come back to Nigeria should be yours and yours alone.

Yes, Nigeria is not as she should be, she is not as bad as a whole lot of persons paint her.
If you eventually decide to leave, you'll need to plan, to really plan. And you should make a conscious decision to guard yourself from people with grim pictures... negative people...

Meanwhile, don't you have any trusted person back home who will help pave at least a landing path for you and a short term arrangement pending when you get settled?

If you want a paid job, you could start your searches there.. Or if you want to be on your own, make adequate researches on what you want to do...

There should be a bigger picture than just starting off one or two provision stores.. Do you really know the value of Naija money?

Please if you don't have well laid plans and backup plans, save yourself regrets and stay back there!
That provision shop thing he mentioned made me think op was being remote-controlled. Provisions Distributorship is understandable, but provision shop hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2017
mrphysics:

I am yoruba and i dont like Igbos but i think naija is full of sh!t so what are you talking about? Dont bring tribe into this please.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

Of course I do, but I'm still asking, I want to get as much information as possible. I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just looking for know what people are feeling.
I don't believe you're abroad bro. People overseas know more of what is happening in naija than those of us living in it.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
well, according to former CIA director, the CIA reads more than 5 million tweets a day.... I would not be surprised if you are one of them. I am also aware that some agents are regularly sent to Lagos and Abuja.. I have met one of them before.. I would not go further..they operate via u.s embassy. Don't ask me who I am. I would like to remain anonymous. And also loyal to my unit.. Incase you doubt me, you can go and ask your brother Edward Snowden.

Now i know you are full of sh!t. grin grin grin grin I would like to work as an internet troll for any of the intelligence agencies can you help?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

sharaap there, what Agent?? we are giving few people Ideas here and U are talking about stuff you know next to nothing about!
Sit back and listen to people like us who have been in his shoes and how we overcame such cos one day you might find yourself in same shoe!
see you nah...so, you are trying to tell us that you are living illegally in Canada. Is that correct? If so, shame on you!! I wonder what you have been telling your people back home.. EFULEFU(prodigal son)!.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Samuelnwite2(m): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
My bro I will encourage you though matter what
, no place like home.

Come back home invest your money and continue your life.

Its all about believing in your self[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by gotousa2013: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.
U have 10million with you and you think that's enough to get you a good life here , you are joking. U better stay in USA and make more money like 500m before thinking of even visiting Nigeria.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Now i know you are full of sh!t. grin grin grin grin I would like to work as an internet troll for any of the intelligence agencies can you help?
bye!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by ibrahxx123(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
If you are here to just read comments like myself, hit like grin

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
mrphysics:

I just realized Nigerians are pessimists. I met someone who is an active member of nairaland, he didn't go to the University rather learned trade and was settled with less than 2 million.

With good management skills, he is now a multi millionaire in less than a year and he even lives in Area 2 in Abuja.

Today, a post of someone who stays in Besiktas made front page and people were struggling to go there. The guy revealed that the pay was $70 a week which is $280 in a month. This is what freelancers make on 2 weeks while working in Nigeria. I earn more than that on fiverr within two weeks yet, people were criticizing Nigeria even when my salary aside is more than $400.

With that kind of money, the OP can be anything he wants in Nigeria, all he needs is a good management system. In a year, he can double it...

Everyone wants to leave Nigeria without knowing that it's not easy over there

Most Nigerians are pessimistic, I totally agree. The mindset of people like Alchatruz005 is weird. First off, they don't understand that some people are comfortable here, secondly he seems to think the OP's circumstance is similar to his, thirdly, he has no marketable skill, fourthly, even as he lacks experience he thinks he should advice others, he thinks going abroad is the key to unlock wealth and he doesn't seem to understand that planning and preparation brings success anywhere, he also has the familiar "get rich quick mentality"

His kind are many and they won't have the patience for legit freelance work or any work at all. The guy is just a clown. Good luck to him regardless

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

grin grin grin grin grin.U kno most people here sabi form, them 4get say I fit go their page go read their past post grin grin

He is claiming to be a spy sent to monitor rival agencies' posts on nairaland. grin grin What utter bunkum! He is even talking about not wanting to blow his cover. We are saying naija no be am and he is saying nonsense. I would like to work as a troll sha and earn dollars to get out of this sh!thole, Nigeria!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (40)

Visa Requirements For Dubai? / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Akintola Seun "Big Wayne" Dies In Car Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.