Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90138 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Atk1nson(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.

Bros, this is just about 9million naira at CBN rate. Abeg remain where you are for your own good. The kind of money that can fairly provided a reasonable buffer in Nigeria is 30M in my opinion. Approx 100k usd

5 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by romefe: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
May God bless you. We still have reach people in Nigeria. I have plans coming back as well if not for my family. For the one who want to go back home, plan very well and follow this advice. I use to think leaving abroad is the best but not always the case even when you are a citizen. Apart from Nigerians that are into illegal deal that make it easily.
londoner:
Op, plan your homecoming/ homegoing and don't be in a rush. The hardship others are experiencing you will most likely be able to side step for the most part. You have international qualifications and you are not poor.

Plan and make your way back when you feel you can. Go to Abuja first for a softer landing and surround yourself with people that have the same money or who wealthier than you. Stay away from the hungry, they are the dangerous ones imho.

You can also get a job lined up while you are in the US for international firms operating in Nigeria.

If you have your US citizenship you can always go back if you see the signs that you should leave Nigeria.

You have options which others don't. I would say move over in STAGES if you can.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by biacan(f): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

People dey cut out oooo. Pidgin2, u don see this one too? God go do am for we good people. Congrats Sister.
Thank you sir though I never thought of living the country until my brother explain Some things to me he was the one who motivated me the international pass port gave me a little headache but with the help of some immigration officers I cleared everything but I actually spent money no be small oooo cause I was having issues with my name's and their director refuse my application when I went out two of the officers fellow me.... they help me call a guy who works in the court and he came with some documents instantly they fill the form for me and I was been given the pass port the next day but I paid heavily

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Bambillo: 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Coming back with B.Sc and Master degrees from an American university with your bad and unstructured English grammar!!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by hglmkope(f): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

Hello dear! I understand your plight. I read through some of the comments here and they are not too good. Are you a christian? If yes, please pray only God can order your steps aright not any advice here. I understand that you don't like the idea of living illegally in the US.Trust me it is not the best way to live. That life of unsettlement and unrest is not the best. We have people living in Nigeria that are doing great and perfect without engaging in any illegal/immoral work. Just seek God'd guidance concerning this issue and he will direct your path. If it is his will, you will have your green paper and settle in the US or come back home and make it big with the little you have. Just ask Him to direct your path.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

The Op’s peculiar situation is nuanced hence we are arguing solely that context.He can do something with that 30k in the US or he does express entry and move to Canada.Capisce?
Canada? That will mean starting life afresh. The man is simply frustrated and wants to go home. How about he plans very well, invests wisely, then when profits start rolling in, he can go and visit those places.. $30k is a lot! Some millionaires today started with less than that. My advice to him is that he should plan scrupulously!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by rhazaaq: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
indeed we 're happy with our good to join in the unending happiness. u 're welcom[code][/code]
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

E no go better for you! I don’t owe you the obligation to tell you that. What do you do in Nigeria yourself other than advising people to stay back in Nigeria and suffer? You dey craze? Now, get the Fvck off my mentions you wicked soul.

Lol you will likely end up as a slave in Libya with the way you are going. The funniest thing is that you, who doesn't know anything think that you are in a good position to advice others grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I wanted to avoid falling into illegal status here in the states. But the description you've given is making me reconsider. I'm pained and at a loss of what to do, but it looks like staying here is the right thing to do for now.

Yeah, it is a scary thing to fall into illegal status. I know people who can't drive just to avoid being stopped by the police, who can't visit hospital etc. Regardless, Nigeria is not a good option. What seems like a good plan in US would fall into pieces if implemented in Nigeria. You can't accomplish anything in Nigeria without paying a bribe one way or the other, and basic infrastructure is non-existent. Unlike US, Nigeria is not merit-driven, and you would soon realize that impeccable credentials of yours are meaningless in Nigeria. You should only CONSIDER moving if you have a job offer that's too good to reject.

I don't know your background, but the easiest route would be to enroll in another graduate program to maintain status in US. It would be better if you get a PhD with tuition waiver. While on the program which you don't have to finish anyway, you should start looking at options in Canada, and aggressively pursuing getting a green card. While on that, and if you are still single, you should consider marrying an American.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mikolo80: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Wow this thread has blown up. But I've already decided I will get my stay here in the states and fight for it as much as I can.
guy 8 years
with 30k savings
what have you been looking at
better find contract marriage to get green card or job to get h1 b visa

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

People dey cut out oooo. Pidgin2, u don see this one too? God go do am for we good people. Congrats Sister.

Lol, it seems you are a clown. I dey craze to go Australia forever? grin to me na madness o grin

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
do you have any problem with that?
Personally NO but I dnt take such people serious!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Tunagee(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

To be sincere the hell hole is only in your mind. You created your own hell, the OP is not in your category, you should be asking him for anticipated employment to help your situation. This is how to save yourself from your misery

Thank u for this comment. I think there are many Libyan slaves on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by vislabraye(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP sit down for US and stop looking for what is not. Nigeria is only good for the rogues in the govt, their family member,or associate.

Still no light, no security, health sector zero.

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers grin to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.

But things have changed.
There are jobs.
Fuel price is low.
Bokoharam is now a thing of the pass.
What are you saying nah ?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by BluFlyBoy: 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
Bambillo:
Coming back with B.Sc and Master degrees from an American university with your bad and unstructured English grammar!!

Who are you to criticize? I've conveyed my message, and the people on the thread understand me. Your aggression is unnecessary.

5 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
mikolo80:
guy 8 years
with 30k savings
what have you been looking at
better find contract marriage to get green card or job to get h1 b visa
correct talk!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
babaskool:

Dear diasporan, firstly, I would like to thank you for your passion for Nigeria, I decided to move back to nigeria a year ago too after 7 years in the Uk. So I understand your anxiety in all ramifications.
Secondly ignore all the negative comments you see on this thread, only people who have left nigeria for years and see there is hardly anything a developed country can offer, only a developing country can provide the means by which ones investment can grow without endless Taxes,bills, social security contributions, medical insurance e.t.c

You have done well for yourself by saving up to 30k to invest in Nigeria and trust me with the right planning you would not go wrong, there are people living in Lagos who have the equivalent of 30k dollars in naira and they are not in politics or ever travelled to the US so how come they have 30k dollars in thier account.

So please ignore anyone who discrouages from coming back to invest in a country that would give you a Massive yield for your investment. It's better to be a king in your country than a mouse in someone else.

So back to the information you really need, your safe bet in Nigeria right now which can generate up to 50% yield is these 3 things : 1.education 2. Real estate 3. Petrol/filling station ...your capital of 30 k dollars is more than enough to do this ...

So like I said above in less than a year your business would have paid back it's 30k investment, the only serious setbacks of doing business in Nigeria is finding the right type of people to get you started not the cost of fuel or police brutality or lack of electricity or any of the things you see on twitter or cnn...

The full scenario of Nigeria is not what you see online, there are incredible opportunities here you would never see online cos it's very hard to describe the opportunities online to anyone ...
I don't think I can say everything on here since I moved back to Nigeria but first things first you would need to incorporate a Nigerian company. I am a Nigerian lawyer so I can help you with that as fast as you can say the word a certificate of incorporation. Thereafter we would have to help you with a domicillary account so your money can be moved across continents with ease .. In addition I could also help you with a certificate of capital importation ( this certficate allows you to transfer your current at the Cbn rate )

After this then your business or company is ready for any actual real investment possible ...also if you do not mind I have 3 detailed business proposals on the 3 ideal business I listed above which is 1. Building a small scale school (education ) 2 . Real estate (buying land or a building the finished product at a high margin house flipping it's called or 3. A petrol / filling station ( petrol stations in Nigeria make up to 400,000 naira in a day ( I have statistics to back this up ) so imagine building a petrol station with 30k dollars and making up to 1k dollars in sales in a day ...

In less than a month after you start operating you would thank God for leaving the US and coming to invest in Nigeria and not missing out on the Nigerians on twitter or fb ...cos real business is not on twitter or fb...it's here in Nigeria in particular when you get the right type of people to help you ....

This post is too long so pls contact so I can send the business proposals I have for you for free firstly then after I can advice you on the company matters so you can find out if these things I say are lies or not ....
Yours sincerely
Akinola eluyefa esq
SMH, you are a disgrace to the profession.I am the top honchos at NBA are seeing this but they are too busy looting our bar practicing fees to even notice. Goodluck with your "client".

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

Personally NO but I dnt take such people serious!
good! Case closed!!!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
Canada? That will mean starting life afresh. The man is simply frustrated and wants to go home. How about he plans very well, invests wisely, then when profits start rolling in, he can go and visit those places.. $30k is a lot! Some millionaires today started with less than that. My advice to him is that he should plan scrupulously!
I cant see where OP said he was frustrated though!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by featheredwinter(f): 8:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
bobkezel:
Before I came back home, I was discouraged by family and friends, no one was in support, but then I made up my mind already and I have a biz in mind. I made sure my visa was valid for at least 2yrs should in case I want to go back. I also made sure I had a standby cash apart from biz cash, so that I will be feeding myself, fueling my car and be solving other little problems from, I never touched my biz cash for complete two years, I was spending from the standby cash.
Op you can borrow a leaf from there, and also don't live in the ghetto part of which city u decide to settle down else u will be seeing only negative side of naija, and don't mingle with broke niggas, mingle with people a lil bit below you, same level and above you.
And cut down costs.
Plus, don't change all ur dollars at once change according to ur needs else u won't find it funny.

Op listen to this guy here!
Your decision to come back to Nigeria should be yours and yours alone.

Yes, Nigeria is not as she should be, she is not as bad as a whole lot of persons paint her.
If you eventually decide to leave, you'll need to plan, to really plan. And you should make a conscious decision to guard yourself from people with grim pictures... negative people...

Meanwhile, don't you have any trusted person back home who will help pave at least a landing path for you and a short term arrangement pending when you get settled?

If you want a paid job, you could start your searches there.. Or if you want to be on your own, make adequate researches on what you want to do...

There should be a bigger picture than just starting off one or two provision stores.. Do you really know the value of Naija money?

Please if you don't have well laid plans and backup plans, save yourself regrets and stay back there!

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
Wizard999:
good! Case closed!!!
Long time
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
featheredwinter:

Op listen to this guy here!
Your decision to come back to Nigeria should be yours and yours alone.

Yes, Nigeria is not as she should be, she is not as bad as a whole lot of persons paint her.
If you eventually decide to leave, you'll need to plan, to really plan. And you should make a conscious decision to guard yourself from people with grim pictures... negative people...

Meanwhile, don't you have any trusted person back home who will help pave at least a landing path for you and a short term arrangement pending when you get settled?

If you want a paid job, you could start your searches there.. Or if you want to be on your own, make adequate researches on what you want to do...

There should be a bigger picture than just starting off one or two provision stores.. Do you really know the value of Naija money?

Please if you don't have well laid plans and backup plans, save yourself regrets and stay back there!
This Person you quote nah SENEGAL E return frm,That is not applicable to those in the US and the UK.U go abroad even if U nor carry money come back at least carry passport come back so your children nor go suffer same faith as you did.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 400billionman: 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.

You just want to come and punish yourself.

Do you know how many company's distributorships some of us have?

To grow big in business today in Nigeria, you need to be a gladiator.

I know you want to quit the rat race.

But its obvious from your write up that you do not have the necessary skills to grow your 30,000 dollars into 1million dollars.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mrphysics(m): 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol you will likely end up as a slave in Libya with the way you are going. The funniest thing is that you, who doesn't know anything think that you are in a good position to advice others grin
I just realized Nigerians are pessimists. I met someone who is an active member of nairaland, he didn't go to the University rather learned trade and was settled with less than 2 million.

With good management skills, he is now a multi millionaire in less than a year and he even lives in Area 2 in Abuja.

Today, a post of someone who stays in Besiktas made front page and people were struggling to go there. The guy revealed that the pay was $70 a week which is $280 in a month. This is what freelancers make on 2 weeks while working in Nigeria. I earn more than that on fiverr within two weeks yet, people were criticizing Nigeria even when my salary aside is more than $400.

With that kind of money, the OP can be anything he wants in Nigeria, all he needs is a good management system. In a year, he can double it...

Everyone wants to leave Nigeria without knowing that it's not easy over there

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Simulator(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
stacyadams:
grin grin how did we get here ?
By road sir
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by trexxbanks(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?

Fam, IMO yeah Nigeria is not really how you left it before you went to yankee.. Things are very crazy now name it : security,welfare,power,jobs e.t.c.. before you take this bold step ask yourself this questions:
Why should i comeback now?
What do i intend to do when im in nigeria?
Do i have strong plugs/connections in Nigeria to make moves for me or assist me ?
Do i really have to move back now, if i can control/achieve my objectives in yankee?
Pls brother tho i dont know you but i want the best for you pls for your own sake im begging you for now just remain in yankee keep making and saving money, think twice before you make any decision as i deem it as a very critical,sensitive and crucial move in your life.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

I cant see where OP said he was frustrated though!
all of you agents snooping around this forum. Don't you people have any other task to do. Are you assigned to only nairaland? From the op's tone, you can sense that he really wants to go home and relax. Why are you hell bent on trying to make a young man who can easily make it with $30k to remain in a foreign land.. are you his God? how do you know he will never make it except he goes to Canada or America? I don't understand..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2017
The comments here showed that there is so much hunger and frustration in the land.

I think it's better for the op to look for other options. In Nigeria u can never beat the system and it's said if u can't beat the system u join.
So op,unless u wanna join the system,look for another alternative. Go to travel section and check out many good options and suggestions. Best luck
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by zubydave(m): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2017
madridguy:
@ OP sit down for US and stop looking for what is not. Nigeria is only good for the rogues in the govt, their family member,or associate.

Still no light, no security, health sector zero.

Boko haram, fulani terrorist, militant, kidnappers, ritualist, baddo boys, army robbers grin to mention few are making Nigeria the most dangerous place on earth.
Add SARS

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (40)

Visa Requirements For Dubai? / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Akintola Seun "Big Wayne" Dies In Car Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.