Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria From USA - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (90137 Views)

Happie Boys Deported To Nigeria From Cyprus / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by dunk2011: 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
maternal:

I have numerous friends in the same situation. One even renounced her Canada permanent residency card, went back and is now asking me for "dollars". Don't feel sorry for them. Laugh at them. After laughing at them, I usually end with "next time respect yourself" then hang up.

I call bulshit..Na so dey dey renounce ..story for the gods.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by shedy03(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

I plan on coming back with about 30000 USD and getting myself land/property to my name, complete NYSC, see what the job market is like as well as concurrently starting a one or two provisions stores. Slowly expand on that, with the end goal to become a distributor at the national level.
coming home to do business, and not to search for the scarce job. nice one.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Wizard999: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:

Who are you to criticize? I've conveyed my message, and the people on the thread understand me. Your aggression is unnecessary.
bless you! Don't mind those guys who think that being a graduate is all about speaking English... he is probably not a graduate..
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Enoma222(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?
_guy_help_i_need_too_come_dat_country
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Most Nigerians are pessimistic, I totally agree. The mindset of people like Alchatruz005 is weird. First off, they don't understand that some people are comfortable here, secondly he seems to think the OP's circumstance is similar to his, thirdly, he has no marketable skill, fourthly, even as he lacks experience he thinks he should advice others, he thinks going abroad is the key to unlock wealth and he doesn't seem to understand that planning and preparation brings success anywhere, he also has the familiar "get rich quick mentality"

His kind are many and they won't have the patience for legit freelance work or any work at all. The guy is just a clown. Good luck to him regardless

You dont know me dear so dont say i got no marketable skills. You dont jump to such conclusions. Did you see me talking about going to malaysia or turkey? I am talking about the west baby, where things are sane and you can make projections about your life. Finally, kindly dont mention me in your posts again.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:
The OP has decided to stay back in the US and fight for his stay. The rest of us in Nigeria should continue battling the system till we can leave legally I consider this thread closed?

This plan should be for you and your hungry friends or don't you think so?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Have you not been disgraced enough? What is this blind faith in Nigeria? A failed State? I know you are a pained US applicant who was refused but please don’t deceive gullible people to come to Nigeria.

lol. you dey MIMD that pidgin , her father dey receive contract steadily from Federal government, so ,she doesn't know how anything about suffering, Person wey them born with silver spoon.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by TheAlchemist: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Atk1nson:

Bros, this is just about 9million naira at CBN rate. Abeg remain where you are for your own good. The kind of money that can fairly provided a reasonable buffer in Nigeria is 30M in my opinion. Approx 100k usd

You are quite right, from practical experience
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Shaev7(m): 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
BluFlyBoy:
Greetings my fellow Nigerians. I'm facing the prospect of coming back to Nigeria after 8 years in the USA. I finished my post-graduate degree and I'm coming back with a Bsc, MBA and 2 years of work experience in the telecoms industry. I want to know from my people back home, how is the general national feeling, how they enjoy their lifestyle/quality of life and the hard-truths of what I'll be facing coming back as I've been so far removed from the national consciousness because I've been in the USA for almost a decade. I feel passion about my country and people but I need to know what too expect. So my people are you happy with life back home?
Its good you have passion and love for your country, but my question is, Don't you have a legal stay in USA after all your degree? Do you really need to cone back if you have 2 years experience in the Telecoms industry? I studied Telecommunications and Electronics I don't even have 2 minutes experience here in Nigeria due to the job challenges. Brother, I have read few of the fellow NLers comment, please if you have permanent stay there, please remain there. Like someone asked if you have internet there. It baffles me.
Imagine a deportee from Libya still says that Libya is better than Nigeria even after face all manner of slavery and torture over there, then now you are saying USA. Please bro, rethink, except otherwise you have presidential ambition in this country.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

This plan should be for you and your hungry friends or don't you think so?

Ok, i have heard u. Just go apply at the NOA or NAPTIP so you can be made an ambassador against illegal migration. You have worked to hard on travel section not to be rewarded by the criminals in the Federal Government.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by sholay2011(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2017
lathrowinger:
U

Broz, seriously. Awon aje are after u. People from your village Jez open your chapter. Seriously, Something is wrong somewhere. Even ame:olica plison is better than Nigerian right now. I think u might end up dying in the hands of fulani's herdsmen... dey come. They are waiting. Jez make sure u buy nice Casket.
Ah shocked grin grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
slimany:

lol. you dey MIMD that pidgin , her father dey receive contract steadily from Federal government, so ,she doesn't know how anything about suffering, Person wey them born with silver spoon.

Pidgin2, is this true?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by sholay2011(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
Emmytes:
Op, I found it hard to believe that you've been in the Us for 10 years and you don't have a green card yet. You are definitely not a full blooded Nigerian cause we are smarter than that.

If you've stayed in the US for 10 years and you don't have a permanent resident status then I must say that you weren't advised properly.

Don't you have parents, family members etc to advise you? By now you should have been properly settled and even thinking of starting a family depending on your age.

I'm assuming you travelled on a student visa and I've seen people go to the states with a tourist visa and in less than 5 years, they are already permanent residents.

Nigeria is in shambles right now and you'll be doing yourself and your future generation a lot of injustice if you ever attempt to leave the states for Nigeria without a backup plan. Don't do it.
Not that this is a wrong advice but it is kinda funny. grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by sharpwriter(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

To be sincere the hell hole is only in your mind. You created your own hell, the OP is not in your category, you should be asking him for anticipated employment to help your situation. This is how to save yourself from your misery

Lolzz....Pidgin2. yu don reach here already, I dey wait for Timeisup as well grin grin grin meanwhile, I would like to knw how yu look like in person....oya show for ya dp sharp sharp grin grin grin wink wink

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 9jaDoc(f): 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Every sane person should have an exit plan. I just live in the country, my heart is not here anymore. At this point, I really don’t care what they do with the country anymore.

Sooo sad

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Lomprico2: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Error Error Error Error Error Error Error Error....... undecided undecided
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2017
9jaDoc:

Sooo sad

It is right? Care to explain why it is sad? grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mizzmiriam: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
I just dey pray make dis no be village people at work , did I read you are coming back to naija haaaaàaaaaaaaa shocked den sue for you grin or ar u kidding ? see some are even analysing the cost of leaving for you based on your finance see ,did you even know that all your hard earned can even be wiped out in a matter of a day sef cox no security, if not ,

The money cannot sustain you for long cox am sure you 'll definitely prefer the kind life style you have used to...meaning that economic is baddest.

Am sure wen you v decided to relocate back , u 'll sick for like 2months grin bad road, epileptic power supply , poor ways of life even village people grin though your country is your country, we are not trying to scare you away , it's wat you asked for

Lastly , choice is your , good luck nigga.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mizzmiriam: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2017
I just dey pray make dis no be village people at work , did I read you are coming back to naija haaaaàaaaaaaaa shocked den sue for you grin or ar u kidding ? see some are even analysing the cost of leaving for you based on your finance see ,did you even know that all your hard earned can even be wiped out in a matter of a day sef cox no security, if not ,

The money cannot sustain you for long cox am sure you 'll definitely prefer the kind life style you have used to...meaning that economic is baddest.

Am sure wen you v decided to relocate back , u 'll sick for like 2months grin bad road, epileptic power supply , poor ways of life even village people grin though your country is your country, we are not trying to scare you away , it's wat you asked for

Lastly ,the choice is your , good luck nigga.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by olad54: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2017
seeing is believing.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by stacyadams: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2017
Simulator:
By road sir
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

You dont know me dear so dont say i got no marketable skills. You dont jump to such conclusions. Did you see me talking about going to malaysia or turkey? I am talking about the west baby, where things are sane and you can make projections about your life. Finally, kindly dont mention me in your posts again.

From your comments I know you are hungry, angry, naive, sentimental and jobless. What else do I need to know?

Travelling to the West is your personal decision, same way others have the right to chose not to travel regardless of what your circumstance may be. It's their personal decision not yours.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Unlimited22: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
Tunagee:

These are the kind of people that will desperately seek greener pasture only to end up in Libya and become slaves. Bunch of unpatriotic idiots. Do u know whether the OP is well connected here? Assholes!!!!
Replying your insult would be an insult to insults.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by RedGold2017: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2017
The reason why Nigeria is a failed state is right here on this thread, it's "THE PEOPLE " . We blame the government often, but the people are the government. I shake my head for the next nigerian generation, most Nigerians need major re-orientation. For some odd reason Nigerians think it's easy overseas, I shake my head. Let me tell you a fact, if you can't make anything out of yourself in Nigeria, you will NEVER do better abroad either. Until you've worked and struggled abroad with no moral support and you suffer from bouts of depression, you will NEVER understand. Your average American believes in their country and most have stayed to make it what it is. If they bailed at any sign of challenges, you will not be dying to cross over.
How i wish the American government can just grant the wishes of some of you so you can go and experience life or If there wasn't any option to relocate maybe you all would make something of yourselves.
OP, in life strive to find yourself wherever you are, by all means do not be an illegal alien in any country, it never really ends well. It's either you find a way to legalize or start mapping out your plan to come to Nigeria. 30k is about 10mill , you can buy treasury bills. Take the almost 2mill upfront, find someone to room with on the island, pay a years rent with half. And start exploring opportunities. It's not a must you should wear suit and tie and scavenge the whole city for employment. Try looking for areas of improvement where you can provide service. Even in today's America, if you want to make it big you have to think of ingenious ideas and areas that haven't been tapped into. Same applies anywhere in the world if you don't want to remain complacent with mediocrity.
Re-orientate yourself from all these kiddos and oldies that aspire to the champagne lifestyle, you can survive on what you have till something works out. Ignore all these ones whose role models are politicians, scammers and what not, do not despise the power of good old hard work and dedication, it still goes a long way. Problem with Nigerians is everyone wants to arrive quickly, someone without employment for 10yrs wants to be a boss in 1 month, that's why most of them are mostly unemployable. Always envious of the person with a car/ better life when they don't know their story or how much they worked to get it. Your average American starts working at McDonald's or the mall.at age 16 to grasp the concept of earning a living, life just doesn't happen, you work you way through it.

My point? it all boils down to you, stay illegally in the US and God help you Trump and his people come after you, you will find yourself at the back of MMA with only a knapsack to your name. Be wise.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
with what you profess to have & with the right circle of people, you should do well in Nigeria. You can even plan to be visiting US based on proper planning. Dont be too zealous to release your funds for business to Anyone,just take your time. Patience to evaluate is important
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
Come back home with the mindset of being an entrepreneur...even with that, it won't be rosy.

You are better off where you are but if you are led to return, then do. But plan.

If business isn't ur thing,
Start applying for jobs. I've seen companies invites Nigerians in diaspora to come down for interviews ....

I wish you wouldn't come home but if you're really moved to, then there probably is something good waiting for you. But come with enough money to last u at least 6 months. Cos until u get a paying job, u will be spending spending....

BluFlyBoy:
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by 2hrt(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:
So who would help the likes of us to get out of Nigeria? I need help ooo but I have no money.

Baba we r on our own...so sad.. dis suffering real oo
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mrphysics(m): 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
erico2k2:

There U go, classic, U have to bring the tribe thing into it.9 page down the line bravo.U earn in $$$$$ why not Earn in Naira?
that platform U operate is foreign based, why don't you invest on Bet 9ja so we know you are putting ur money where ur mouth is.
I work in Nigeria, I clearly stated it that I earn in naira and in dollars
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
RedGold2017:
The reason why Nigeria is a failed state is right here on this thread, it's "THE PEOPLE " . We blame the government often, but the people are the government. I shake my head for the next nigerian generation, most Nigerians need major re-orientation. For some odd reason Nigerians think it's easy overseas, I shake my head. Let me tell you a fact, if you can't make anything out of yourself in Nigeria, you will NEVER do better abroad either. Until you've worked and struggled abroad with no moral support and you suffer from bouts of depression, you will NEVER understand. Your average American believes in their country and most have stayed to make it what it is. If they bailed at any sign of challenges, you will not be dying to cross over.
How i wish the American government can just grant the wishes of some of you so you can go and experience life or If there wasn't any option to relocate maybe you all would make something of yourselves.
OP, in life strive to find yourself wherever you are, by all means do not be an illegal alien in any country, it never really ends well. It's either you find a way to legalize or start mapping out your plan to come to Nigeria. 30k is about 10mill , you can buy treasury bills. Take the almost 2mill upfront, find someone to room with on the island, pay a years rent with half. And start exploring opportunities. It's not a must you should wear suit and tie and scavenge the whole city for employment. Try looking for areas of improvement where you can provide service. Even in today's America, if you want to make it big you have to think of ingenious ideas and areas that haven't been tapped into. Same applies anywhere in the world if you don't want to remain complacent with mediocrity.
Re-orientate yourself from all these kiddos and oldies that aspire to the champagne lifestyle, you can survive on what you have till something works out. Ignore all these ones whose role models are politicians, scammers and what not, do not despise the power of good old hard work and dedication, it still goes a long way. Problem with Nigerians is everyone wants to arrive quickly, someone without employment for 10yrs wants to be a boss in 1 month, that's why most of them are mostly unemployable. Always envious of the person with a car/ better life when they don't know their story or how much they worked to get it. Your average American starts working at McDonald's or the mall.at age 16 to grasp the concept of earning a living, life just doesn't happen, you work you way through it.

My point? it all boils down to you, stay illegally in the US and God help you Trump and his people come after you, you will find yourself at the back of MMA with only a knapsack to your name. Be wise.

Can we meet you? Who are you in Nigeria?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
wow. thats lovely.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by mrphysics(m): 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Most Nigerians are pessimistic, I totally agree. The mindset of people like Alchatruz005 is weird. First off, they don't understand that some people are comfortable here, secondly he seems to think the OP's circumstance is similar to his, thirdly, he has no marketable skill, fourthly, even as he lacks experience he thinks he should advice others, he thinks going abroad is the key to unlock wealth and he doesn't seem to understand that planning and preparation brings success anywhere, he also has the familiar "get rich quick mentality"

His kind are many and they won't have the patience for legit freelance work or any work at all. The guy is just a clown. Good luck to him regardless
It's quite a pity. Everyday, I help people start life on fiverr because I want them to see how life outside Nigeria is. My buyers tell me that life is not easy in US, hence the reason they look for extra source of income.

The OP should say his salary for the two years he worked in US. If he does that, you will realized that if someone earns such in Nigeria, then 9m is a. little savings.

Don't mind Nigerians, that's why majority of them even fail in freelancing because they can't compete with professionals outside Nigeria.

I stay in Abuja and I can tell you that life isn't as costly as people are made to believe. If OP likes, he should stay they, it's his life. People are making it here daily

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria From USA by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2017
2hrt:

Baba we r on our own...so sad.. dis suffering real oo

We go port soonest. No mind all these people wey dey blow grammar say make we stay naija. Most people on this thread have stayed in naija all their life and seen that there is no future here. We are ready to go abroad and work hard inspite of the racism. At least we know we would live a more dignified life than the one we live here. What some the posters like pidgin2, Mrphysics and redgold are saying is that all of us are jobless and lazy in Nigeria which is largely baseless. They are obviously privileged people who have found where to suck in Nigeria. For the rest of us, the world is waiting for us to explore and prosper. Goodluck with Tinubu, Saraki and the Buharis of this world. Lets see if they would allow you enjoy your Nigeria. Even the smallest thing in the west: power, Nigeria cant generate 5,000 MW and some nitwits want us to continue trusting criminals whose children are in this same abroad they are castigating. Thank you very much but No thanks! We aint trusting in this sh!thole country no more!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (40)

Visa Requirements For Dubai? / Fatal Accident Along Onitsha-Nteje Expressway (Disturbing Photos) / Akintola Seun "Big Wayne" Dies In Car Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.