Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab (29182 Views)

Ruling On Muslim Working In An Interest-based Bank / Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Quality20(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2017
osuofia2:
These terrorist won't let Nigeria have peace.. Nawao...from One problem to other, the painful part is the nonsense is always coming from useless Yoruba headslammers that the Hausa Muslims dont recognise...
u are simply trying to create a wedge between yorubas and we northerners. It pains you that yorubas are muslims and are adequately countering d christianization agenda of the local Christians and that of d colonialist who foisted Christian laws on us in d name constitution

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by lelvin(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2017
I was patiently reading until i got here. And stopped. Because your argument is baseless.

BetaThings:

Yet Christians can spend their entire Saturday and Sunday in Church
An they talk about Islamization

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by lilytender: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2017
osuofia2:
These terrorist won't let Nigeria have peace.. Nawao...from One problem to other, the painful part is the nonsense is always coming from useless Yoruba headslammers that the Hausa Muslims dont recognise...

Now that you have called Yoruba Muslims "useless", what do we call the unfortunate people that gave birth to a cursed child like you? Fools, idiots, nitwits, nonentities or just pigs? Just a simple question, no harm intended.

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by osuofia2(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2017
[quote author=lilytender post=63706485]

Now that you have called Yoruba Muslims "useless", what do we call the unfortunate people that gave birth to a cursed child like you? Fools, idiots, nitwits, nonentities or just pigs? Just a simple question, no harm intended.[/quote
You sounds more like a curses child.. Because if you are not cursed you won't be hitting ur head on the ground in the name of one Arabian idols...
Idiots, mention me again and the jinn madness that struck muhd will strike you...anuofia

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:
I've noticed, and I'm seriously concerned that there's a rise in the number of Muslims in the South West with extremist views and tendencies. My observation is not only in reference to this hijab issue, but also as a result of what I've observed in recent times.

In our Yorubaland, there's an unwritten rule that we are brothers and sisters-regardless of religion. For instance, there's an equal proportion of Muslims, Christians and pagans in my family and town. Yet, we all live together in extreme harmony.

But it appears that there's a growing number of people who are trying to replicate the Northern ethnically jaundiced 'brand' of Islam in Yorubaland. I will try and open a thread about this before the end of the year.

Regarding the Law school hijab issue, my position is that Firdaus erred. Call me a 'rebel Muslim' I don't care! Doesn't Islam say we should obey the laws of the land? I know that you may want to argue that one is allowed to disobey if it violates God's law. But the question is: is it haram not to wear hijab? The basic answer is that nobody can say with certainty that not wearing hijab is a sin. I repeat-Nobody! In fact, hijab has so much to do with culture, tradition than the religion itself!

The sister just wants to be an overnight activist. The law school is governed by laws and rules which everyone-regardless of religion must follow. If she had been allowed, Sango worshippers must also be allowed to plait their hairs while Catholic nuns and priests can't be stopped from wearing their garments.

Let's stop all these extremist views joor! The sister can go to sharia courts
See this John chinedu is forming Muslim and claiming Yoruba..

true dry smell
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Hotfreeze: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2017
You guys shouldn't mind this Prof. Durosinmi. I know the bearded hypocrite personally. His Wife was former DSA of OAU and she never used Hijab. His only child is a medical doctor and she never used Hijab.

He's one of those types who keep their own families intact but use the children of others for terrorism.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2017
They say Nigeria is a secular state yet Sunday is work free day....
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2017
ivolt:

Post pictures of Sharia countries which decorate public places during Eid.
You won't find such decorations anywhere because Islam is a conservative
religion which frowns upon such displays.
I am yet to see an Eid dancing or singing competition, I am sure you know why.
Which of your cleric will allow their wives and daughters to attend such sinful gathering?

Nigeria is a secular(check the meaning) country, I have seen no other religious group
trying to force their religious symbolism on others except the Muslims. China despite
being an ultra-secular country celebrates christmas more than Europeans.

NBA is not a public place, whenever you are not comfortable with a voluntary organizations rule,
stay away from them.

But if you think such decorations are out of place write your reps and governors so they stop
allowing such displays.

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 10:08am On Dec 29, 2017
Pavore9:

Is not hypocrisy that Sharia practicing states in the North shares from VAT accruing from alcohol?

This is quite simple, exclude VAT on alcohol from what is shared unless you are saying 100% of VAT is generated from alcohol
What percentage of consumption expenditure is on alcohol?
By the way that has nothing to do with the issue of this thread
Should Muslims not be allowed to use Hijab without let?

Pavore9:
Promiscuity is not exclusive to any religion. There are Pastors, Imams and leaders of other religions beliefs who are so soaked in that lifestyle.
I agree with this
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Maeka(m): 10:13am On Dec 29, 2017
Useless topic...hijab is a thing of choice...hijjab is a right...who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by najib632(m): 10:14am On Dec 29, 2017
adolfHitler1934:
This religion is too wahalaful!

If it is not Hijab,it is the right to occupy public building and major road to pray.

Is this how this same religion is practiced in the middle East or is it just in Nigeria here.

I don't know why Adolf Hitler spared you people sef.

He should have given you the same Jewish treatment.

Religion of ...(no be for my mouth)

Hail Hitler!
Seems u don't know history enough the Ottoman's were allies of Adolf Hitler how would he attack Muslims smh
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2017
personal59:

that's y we are Muslim and not blindfolded by our leaders or the rich like the xtian do

what's my business with how Hausa brought up their child in terms of religion aspect

we follow Allah injunction not the rich, poor or the so called muslim leaders

we are who we are
we are Muslim
Quran is our guide
sunnah is our path

The answer to his post is simple

There are Churches that require white garments, there are those who don't
There are Churches whose members wear shoes, there are those who don't
There are Churches that permit blood transfusion, there are those who prohibit
There are Churches that celebrate Christmas, there are those who consider idolatry
There are Churches whose members work on Saturdays, there are those who consider it forbidden

Do Muslims interfere in these strictly-Christian debates?
No, because they have the right to resolve it within their fold and now approach the Government for whatever they want

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 10:19am On Dec 29, 2017
lelvin:
I was patiently reading until i got here. And stopped. Because your argument is baseless.

Whenever you consider an argument baseless, the proper thing to do is expose the error in the logic
Over to you, sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2017
lilytender:

Now that you have called Yoruba Muslims "useless", what do we call the unfortunate people that gave birth to a cursed child like you? Fools, idiots, nitwits, nonentities or just pigs? Just a simple question, no harm intended.

Never, ever join a pig in the mud - he will enjoy it and celebrate while you will end up splattered with mud

Did Jesus not fall down on his face in while praying in the Garden of Gethsmane? There are more than 10 different places where prostrate om the face is made to God in the Bible. So whoever disparages prostration should not merit your attention

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by adolfHitler1934: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2017
najib632:
Seems u don't know history enough the Ottoman's were allies of Adolf Hitler how would he attack Muslims smh
Yes that was the mistake he made by aligning with them.

He should have given them same treatment as their Jewish cousins.

The Jews and Moslems are the problems in this world and a permanent solution should be meted on this Cancer.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Yian1(m): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2017
Ifeconwaba:
r
I doubt you are a muslim because if you really are, you would have known that hijab is including in islam. from your text, it shows you have little knowledge of the religion. Go learn more!

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by smallrincowis16(m): 10:30am On Dec 29, 2017
[quote author=Rashield8 post=63705465][color=#990000]I've noticed, and I'm seriously concerned that there's a rise in the number of Muslims in the South West with extremist views and tendencies. My observation is not only in reference to this hijab issue, but also as a result of what I've observed in recent times.

In our Yorubaland, there's an unwritten rule that we are brothers and sisters-regardless of religion. For instance, there's an equal proportion of Muslims, Christians and pagans in my family and town. Yet, we all live together in extreme harmony.

But it appears that there's a growing number of people who are trying to replicate the Northern ethnically jaundiced 'brand' of Islam in Yorubaland. I will try and open a thread about this before the end of the year.

Regarding the Law school hijab issue, my position is that Firdaus erred. Call me whatever, I don't care! Doesn't Islam say we should obey the laws of the land? [QUOTE]
can't you shut up if you don't know what to write?

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 10:31am On Dec 29, 2017
ivolt:
Nigeria is a secular(check the meaning) country, I have seen no other religious group
trying to force their religious symbolism on others except the Muslims.

I dare and challenge you to prove this!

ivolt:
NBA is not a public place, whenever you are not comfortable with a voluntary organizations rule, stay away from them.

NBA is not the problem but the statutory bodies created by law
ICAN, COREN, NIESV, Council for Legal Education/Body of Benchers etc are recognised by law
If according to the law, they are to regulate a profession, that means to practise, you must register with then. So it is no longer a private thing. They must make their rules accommodating of diversity

ivolt:
China despite being an ultra-secular country celebrates christmas more than Europeans.
You are behind the news
Check the latest from China

In well educated societies, Christians defend the rights of Muslims because they see the real danger as atheism
In Nigeria, Christians join atheists to fight Islam. Yet the greatest threat to Christianity is atheism
With their sophistry, Christians lure Muslims away only for those to use Christianity as a stop over on the journey to atheism
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by lelvin(m): 10:37am On Dec 29, 2017
Please refer back to my initial post to educate yourself

BetaThings:
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Basfaq(m): 10:43am On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:
I've noticed, and I'm seriously concerned that there's a rise in the number of Muslims in the South West with extremist views and tendencies. My observation is not only in reference to this hijab issue, but also as a result of what I've observed in recent times.

Regarding the Law school hijab issue, my position is that Firdaus erred. Call me whatever, I don't care! Doesn't Islam say we should obey the laws of the land? I know that you may want to argue that one is allowed to disobey if it violates God's law. But the question is: is it haram not to wear hijab? The basic answer is that nobody can say with certainty that not wearing hijab is a sin. I repeat-Nobody! In fact, hijab has so much to do with culture & the Arab tradition than the religion itself!

The sister just wants to be an overnight activist. The law school is governed by laws and rules which everyone-regardless of religion must follow. If she had been allowed, Sango worshippers must also be allowed to plait their hairs while Catholic nuns and priests can't be stopped from wearing their garments to the Call to Bar ceremony. What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Let's stop all these extremist views joor! The sister can freely wear her hijab in Sharia courts. Nobody will disturb her there.
please,can you telll us the law and qoute it where ijab was forbiding.constitutionally ijab is allowed,are law school's not cover by Nigeria constitution?,I think this is where they should know better but they knew they are just hypocritical.Ijab is part of our dressing,the Catholic and sango worshippers dressing are merely occasional.Have you ever seeing them go to any occasion in that regard before?but come rain come sun shine you would always found ijab on our head.

Wearing not of ijab is sin.The bible/Quran categorically mentioned it,so you can not use your wish and sense to turn the law upsidedown.we are muslim we bow to the will of God because we have religion ofwhich we follow it law strictly.I know if it were to be another way round,by now we will not rest with the slogan of Islamisation.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Teymanhenry(f): 10:43am On Dec 29, 2017
if u want to study Law, f
abide by d rules and regulations of that institution.. if u are not ready to do that, please stay at home.We musnt always bring religious superiority in almost everything we do in Nigeria.. we should try and open our eyes to know what is a more pressing matter..

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by kayodekb: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2017
WHAT NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS DEFINE AS TOLERANCE
Has anyone paid attention to the definition of 'tolerance' by Nigerian Christians?
If you don't use Hijab, you are tolerant, if you don't keep beard, you are tolerant, if you join them in Christmas then you are tolerant.
In a nut shell, stop practicing Islam and start practicing Christianity, then you are tolerant.
Start shaking hands with opposite gender indiscriminately, then you shall be celebrated as 'tolerant' start wearing short short scarf instead of full Hijab, then you are tolerant!
The more you abandon all Islamic Injunctions, the more you are tolerant.
Note, if Nigerian Christians start calling you tolerant, please start crying because they are celebrating your gradual exit from Islam.
In all honesty and sincerity I acknowledge the REAL tolerant Christians who see me as a Human being and respect my identity as a Muslim.
However, may all Christians who boil in rage whenever they see me in Hijab be consumed by that rage of theirs.
May all intolerant oppressors in the name of Christians who get instant headache whenever I refuse to shake the hands of opposite gender be consumed by the consequences of their novel intolerance.
Bunch of outstanding hypocrites. I don't have headache when they are on their way to Church on Sunday, yet they burn in anger whenever they see me on my way to Masjid on Friday.
The federal government Christianize Nigeria by declaring two days in a week as PUBLIC HOLIDAY, because they have got to go to Church on Sunday and the Saturday Adventist have got to go to Church on Saturday, yet to spare me two hours to attend Mosque on Friday becomes major problems for these celebrated bigots.
Yet they talk about tolerance, if I don't have problems with the obvious Christianization of Nigeria by declaring the days of worship of Christians as PUBLIC HOLIDAY, and they literarily get mad because I left the class to pray on Friday who is the tolerant?
Lecturers will come to class to preach Jesus, yet no Muslim lecturer will dare to. Why do I have to be tensed up Everytime because of the fear of molestation by people whose intolerance are turning them to mad people. Can you imagine a lecturer literarily shaking while asking my friend to remove her niqab.He was shaking while roaring like a mad man. I stood up to him and told him that he could ask the female security personnel to confirm her Identity, yet he will have none of that. A lecturer had once used almost ten minutes in class to VENT because a well dressed Muslim's trouser is not been dragged on the floor. Yet one of the 'Jazz' boys in class whose trouser was also jumping is not been addressed. I have realized that it is our religion as Muslims that actually enrage them, not really our identity.
I will try to encourage these oppressors to keep it up and they should try to double up the victimization they are good at, the burden of your boiling heart is on you.
Imagine, shameless people that are not even ashamed of the victimization of Hijab sisters, they are not ashamed of their intolerance, I have never seen unrepentant HATE CRIMINALS like some Nigerian Christians. They are even bold enough to defend their gross intolerance.
Imagine arguments such as "But Buhari's daughter removed her hijab during her call to bar ceremony" The same Buhari they have earlier called TERRORIST is now their sweetheart because he has given up part of Islam. Is Buhari now equivalent to Islam?
Finally, O ye Muslims that need acceptance from Christians before you will be able to live, just know that, "The more you leave Islam, the more they celebrate you"
Why do our sisters have to cry and have that far distant looks on their faces whenever we ask them about the day they are called to bar, why should they have to deal with the trauma of being violated. Hijab is just like shirt or blouse to us, IT IS PART OF CLOTHES! it is not a uniform, how violated will you feel if you are asked to remove your blous e or top for just a 'ceremony', won't you feel violated? Yet these hypocrites makes the barbarism of removing the Hijab during call to bar ceremony 'no big deal' SHAME ON YOU BIGOTS, SHAME!
I was still in Junior Secondary school when I met an Hijabite who was violated during 'the call to bar' the distant look of trauma on her face while describing that day is stuck in my memory till date.
She was narrating her experience after so many years of the incidence yet she is still traumatized.
I see the way you dress also gross, I mean I can see your ENTIRE shape outside, it is just as if the purpose of the clothe you are wearing is to serve as a paint over your skin. The whole of your body is seen only that the colour is partially cancelled by a piece of painting you call clothe, I for once never agree with your choice of clothing yet I WILL NEVER RAISE MY EYEBROWS AT YOU NOT TO TALK OF MY VOICE.
We wear a clothe that you do not agree with, but unfortunately your tolerance is DEAD, it is either you are yanking our nikab off in a physical aggression that has consumed you, which equals terrorism, or you are busy shouting on us like a mad dog has just bitten you, yet you will be busy defending your excessive madness SHAMELESSLY.
What kind of things are you exactly? You terrorize us, yet you call us terrorist, you master of intolerance call us intolerant, Kai. Your case is complicated.
In conclusion, if you are a Muslim and Christians in Nigeria are calling you tolerant, run back to Islam because you can ONLY be tolerant when you leave Islam in their own dictionary.
Let me educate you bigots on tolerance, I know you will not use the knowledge but I will still teach you. When you do not agree with what a group of people are doing yet you are in peace with it, that is TOLERANCE. The moment you find yourself getting discomforted the moment I start fasting in Ramadan, then you are intorant.
Has anyone noticed that the Christians have problems with EVERYTHING we do? If we pray they complain, if we fast they complain, if we eat they complain, if we dress they complain. They water down Islam so much that the hatred rooted in their heart against Muslim. I swear Na complaint go finish you. I WON'T CHANGE TO PLEASE YOU. Woe on any Muslim that leaves Islam to please you.
PS. Nobody should tell me I am too harsh, I think what I term as "diplomacy" is now cowardice, I am past the age where I will cry in a corner whenever derogatory words are thrown at me, nowadays I stand up for myself.
I will never opress ANYBODY hence I will not allow anybody to opress me.
-- Hamidah bint Abass.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by FriendNG: 10:49am On Dec 29, 2017
BetaThings:

Double face is not new

Christians believe in one man, one woman and, similarly, one country, one religion (Christianity)
All the posturing about secularity of Nigeria is just that - posturing

Can any Christian now convince me that Dr Bello's use of Hijab has now turned her into an extremist or tainted the excellent academic standards of OAU?

Now we have proof that the wearing of Hijab does not hinder anything in the university

Yet Christians can spend their entire Saturday and Sunday in Church
And they talk about Islamization

The tradition in Nigeria was for government workers to come to work on Saturdays
Gowon changed that and increased the number of hours worked on Mon-Fri
That is islamization, isn't it?

It was the tradition to drive on the right hand side of the road, we changed it in 1972, did we not?

They never do. Their objection is fueled by abnormal hatred for Islam and they call their religion Christian love

Will they not ponder and change?

By the way they no longer see beard as a weird or ugly since it has become a fashion
Unlike when it was a near Muslim-only thing a few years back
Nobody sees anything wrong in Michael Jackson's trouser that did not reach the ankles, when a Muslim wears a trouser like that......

I ask my Christian friends who preaches to me, do you want me to convert and become intolerant like you? If, as a Muslim, I don't have issues with the dressing of nuns, why would I like to become a Christian and start objecting to the dressing of Hijabites?

Kayi qoqari. Cigaba da gashi
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:

You appear to be the only one seriously interested in debate
So prove your statement above

Rashield8:

But it appears that there's a growing number of people who are trying to replicate the Northern ethnically jaundiced 'brand' of Islam in Yorubaland.
Can you explain what you mean by ethnically-jaundiced?
Islam forbids ethnicity

Rashield8:
I will try and open a thread about this before the end of the year.
I would be happy to debate you and PROVE that Muslims generally have been more tolerant than Christans

Rashield8:
Regarding the Law school hijab issue, my position is that Firdaus erred. Call me whatever, I don't care! Doesn't Islam say we should obey the laws of the land? I know that you may want to argue that one is allowed to disobey if it violates God's law. But the question is: is it haram not to wear hijab? The basic answer is that nobody can say with certainty that not wearing hijab is a sin. I repeat-Nobody! In fact, hijab has so much to do with culture & the Arab tradition than the religion itself!

You see what I have in italics is what is what most Muslims find most annoying
Christians try to pronounce judgement on debate between Muslims
The fact is that not wearing the Hijab is a sin. AND I CAN PROVE IT TO YOU
It has nothing to do with culture - this does not even qualify as a fallacy!

Another thing, Muslims don't get involved in the Priest celibacy debate, tithe debate, white garment debate, women preaching in church debate
So why do you think Muslims should not be allowed to decide

Rashield8:
The sister just wants to be an overnight activist.
Was that what you think the late Bamidele Aturu intended when he did not shake hands with President Babangida?

Rashield8:
The law school is governed by laws and rules which everyone-regardless of religion must follow.

I agree. Do you believe that the rules of the Law School/Body of Benchers is superior to the Constitution as well as the decisions of 2 Court of Appeal sessions and a High Court?
And do you think BoB should bow to the Constitution?

Rashield8:
If she had been allowed, Sango worshippers must also be allowed to plait their hairs while Catholic nuns and priests can't be stopped from wearing their garments to the Call to Bar ceremony. What is good for the goose is good for the gander!
You see the Muslim men don't go to the ceremony in their galabeah, do they?
That is the error in your argument. The galabeah is not required to be worn at all time
The Sango or Ezemuo attire is not worn at all times.
Check have you ever seen a Hijabite that you know anywhere (market, school, inside the bus etc) without the Hijab?
The others only don those attires for their ceremonies. And the call to bar is not one of their ceremonies
It will be sad if a nun is not allowed to wear her habit to the call to bar event

By the way, your statement about Sango is unfortunate. Clearly Sango Worhsippers were in Nigeria before the advent of Christianity. Nigeria was colonised by a Christian nation and the legal and socio-political order favours Christians. Would it be right for Christians seek the right to practise their religion freely in a system that does not ordinarily favour Christianity - say Nigeria were to be colonised by a Muslim country or a Budhist one? Should Christians have rights in China or Nepal? Or should they just obey the laws of the land?

Rashield8:

Let's stop all these extremist views joor! The sister can freely wear her hijab in Sharia courts. Nobody will disturb her there.
That is not the position of the law

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2017
Teymanhenry:
if u want to study Law, f
abide by d rules and regulations of that institution.. if u are not ready to do that, please stay at home.We musnt always bring religious superiority in almost everything we do in Nigeria.. we should try and open our eyes to know what is a more pressing matter..

If Nigerian lawyers want to practise law lawfully, they should abide by the Constitution and court judgementS
Law confers both rights and duties

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BenzEne1(m): 11:01am On Dec 29, 2017
Coitus:
lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, I throw Maggi for woman yansh

Is this your idea of a rhyme ?? Pathetic!!

And how does you maggi charade relate to the shahadah?

Education truly goes beyond reading and writing.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BenzEne1(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2017
osuofia2:

I would urge you to read about terrorism without a jaundiced view and avoid too much western media propaganda. A muslim is a muslim hausa or yoruba.

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 11:04am On Dec 29, 2017
lelvin:
Please refer back to my initial post to educate yourself

We all need education, but on this matter, you need it more
Just declaring something baseless without backing it up is not a valid argument
You can refer to any text on logic or arguments for further education

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Rashield8: 11:06am On Dec 29, 2017
Basfaq:
please,can you telll us the law and qoute it where ijab was forbiding.constitutionally ijab is allowed,are law school's not cover by Nigeria constitution?,I think this is where they should know better but they knew they are just hypocritical.Ijab is part of our dressing,the Catholic and sango worshippers dressing are merely occasional.Have you ever seeing them go to any occasion in that regard before?but come rain come sun shine you would always found ijab on our head.

Wearing not of ijab is sin.The bible/Quran categorically mentioned it,so you can not use your wish and sense to turn the law upsidedown.we are muslim we bow to the will of God because we have religion ofwhich we follow it law strictly.I know if it were to be another way round,by now we not rest with the slogan of Islamisation.

This is exactly the reason why I made the previous comment. How can we decide other peoples religion for them. Even though I don't know so much about Catholics, all I know is I always see their 'father' & 'sister' in their garments everywhere-including in markets. Besides, it's obvious you know nothing about Sango Olukoso. I've never seen any Sango adherent that doesn't plait his hair! Do you also realise that there're hundreds of religions and different churches in Nigeria-with different principles and garment regulations. Don't you think all of them will also have a right to appear in whatever they say their 'God' commands them to wear at the law school? Will that not be insane?

2. You said not wearing hijab is a sin. Please refer me to a verse in the Holy Quran where it is precisely stated that wearing hijab is compulsory and and not wearing it is a sin.

3. The constitution gives the council of legal education/body of benchers the power to regulate everything that has to do with the law school-including dress code. Currently, hijab is not part of the dress code.

4. Do you know that sister Firdaus had attended 3 dinners of the law school without wearing her hijab? Ask yourself, why did she choose the final call to bar ceremony to insist on wearing the hijab? It was a premeditated action. She's being sponsored!

5. Do you know that Belgore and some well-known top Muslim personalities had persuaded her to remove her hijab in order to be called to bar but she refused?

Like I said earlier, I'm not comfortable with the emerging extremist actions/views of some Muslims. I've got sisters-some wear hijab & some don't. So, pls stop sounding queer!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BenzEne1(m): 11:08am On Dec 29, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
why didn't the Muslims decorate everywhere with anything that symbolizes their own feasts abi did anyone tell them not to?? You guys are bloody hypocrites and trouble makers and I bet you that the trouble y'all are looking for you'll get.

So decorating courts that are not religiously bound or even government buildings is reasonable to you. But allowing a muslim woman dress according to her religious teachings is not.

Is there an award for hypocrisy. Subhannallah

If we were to decorate this buildings during sallah una no go let us hear word. Islamization oo. You folks are fvckn hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2017
personal59:

you took this away from me

its sickening
Sorry bro, I know I read it online and felt it would be needed here. . No vex Ustadh.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BenzEne1(m): 11:14am On Dec 29, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
which Allah?? Don't get me angry because your religion isn't the only one that exists okay. Go and tell those rich Hausa Muslims that Allah commanded them to wear hijab. Bloody hypocrites!!

They know that. The power of money and position only blinds them. That is why they would rather put the hijab round the neck, shave the beards, hug and peck the opposite sex, frolick in night clubs and invest in haram so they can seem sociable to your twisted view. Muslims by name not by heart. The worst sort....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims / Sex Was Created For Three Basic Purposes / Tajweed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.