Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab (29184 Views)

Ruling On Muslim Working In An Interest-based Bank / Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Kingbusssy(m): 11:15am On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:
I've noticed, and I'm seriously concerned that there's a rise in the number of Muslims in the South West with extremist views and tendencies. My observation is not only in reference to this hijab issue, but also as a result of what I've observed in recent times.

In our Yorubaland, there's an unwritten rule that we are brothers and sisters-regardless of religion. For instance, there's an equal proportion of Muslims, Christians and pagans in my family and town. Yet, we all live together in extreme harmony.

But it appears that there's a growing number of people who are trying to replicate the Northern ethnically jaundiced 'brand' of Islam in Yorubaland. I will try and open a thread about this before the end of the year.

Regarding the Law school hijab issue, my position is that Firdaus erred. Call me whatever, I don't care! Doesn't Islam say we should obey the laws of the land? I know that you may want to argue that one is allowed to disobey if it violates God's law. But the question is: is it haram not to wear hijab? The basic answer is that nobody can say with certainty that not wearing hijab is a sin. I repeat-Nobody! In fact, hijab has so much to do with culture & the Arab tradition than the religion itself!

The sister just wants to be an overnight activist. The law school is governed by laws and rules which everyone-regardless of religion must follow. If she had been allowed, Sango worshippers must also be allowed to plait their hairs while Catholic nuns and priests can't be stopped from wearing their garments to the Call to Bar ceremony. What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Let's stop all these extremist views joor! The sister can freely wear her hijab in Sharia courts. Nobody will disturb her there.

Ma brother
What you know is what you know AND
What you don't know is what you don't know
It's a sin for woman not to wear hijab in Islam
That's what make them different from others
Islam is a religion of peace and understanding, that's all

3 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:24am On Dec 29, 2017
ivolt:

Post pictures of Sharia countries which decorate public places during Eid.
You won't find such decorations anywhere because Islam is a conservative
religion which frowns upon such displays.
I am yet to see an Eid dancing or singing competition, I am sure you know why.
Which of your cleric will allow their wives and daughters to attend such sinful gathering?

Nigeria is a secular(check the meaning) country, I have seen no other religious group
trying to force their religious symbolism on others except the Muslims. China despite
being an ultra-secular country celebrates christmas more than Europeans.

NBA is not a public place, whenever you are not comfortable with a voluntary organizations rule,
stay away from them.

But if you think such decorations are out of place write your reps and governors so they stop
allowing such displays.

You said you have seen only Muslims forcing there religion on others, can you share the ones you've seen?
if Nigeria is secular i.e. not specifically religious, so why the decorations of places used by the public?
If the traditional guys decorates public places in cowries and feathers how will you feel?
I think this double standards need to stop.
And does the NBA has a rule that forbids such?
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 11:30am On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:
This is exactly the reason why I made the previous comment. How can we decide other peoples religion for them. Even though I don't know so much about Catholics, all I know is I always see their 'father' & 'sister' in their garments everywhere-including in markets. Besides, it's obvious you know nothing about Sango Olukoso. I've never seen any Sango adherent that doesn't plait his hair! Do you also realise that there're hundreds of religions and different churches in Nigeria-with different principles and garment regulations.
1. You know he is Sango worshipper when he plaits, If he does not, you would not recognise him and he can plait, who cares
2. Let nuns wear their habit. Priests don't wear cassock all the time

Rashield8:
Don't you think all of them will also have a right to appear in whatever they say their 'God' commands them to wear at the law school? Will that not be insane?
In Nigeria, it is insane, but the whiteman will say it is coloufrul and pay to watch
Anyway why is it not insane in the UK and Kenya now given that the Muslim lawyers now wear Hijab?

Rashield8:
2. You said not wearing hijab is a sin. Please refer me to a verse in the Holy Quran where it is precisely stated that wearing hijab is compulsory and and not wearing it is a sin.
I hope you realise that non-Christians don't ask for Biblical Verses before Christians rights are granted

Rashield8:
3. The constitution gives the council of legal education/body of benchers the power to regulate everything that has to do with the law school-including dress code. Currently, hijab is not part of the dress code.
You are correct
But the power of CoLE/BoB is not absolute. It has to take account of the constitution/court pronouncements
That was why when INEC that has the right to register parties was commanded by the court to register more parties after it (INEC) has exercised its powers

Rashield8:
4. Do you know that sister Firdaus had attended 3 dinners of the law school without wearing her hijab? Ask yourself, why did she choose the final call to bar ceremony to insist on wearing the hijab? It was a premeditated action. She's being sponsored!
That means she should not have listened to people who say comply first and agitate from within

Rashield8:
5. Do you know that Belgore and some well-known top Muslim personalities had persuaded her to remove her hijab in order to be called to bar but she refused?
Well-known is not the same as most-learned
I hope you realise that there is a debate on Christmas. But the government has not on account of that called on Pastors Kumuyi and Olukoya (well-known Christians) to pronounce on the matter as a basis of witholding Christmas holiday
It is not the duty of the government to restrict the right to practise a religion based on the opinion of one side to a difference of opinion

Rashield8:
Like I said earlier, I'm not comfortable with the emerging extremist actions/views of some Muslims. I've got sisters-some wear hijab & some don't. So, pls stop sounding queer!
It is not emerging
You are not likely to be older than the Dr Bello mentioned in the article
She agitated for the use of Hijab and it was granted
She is now a lecturer in the same school and is living in peace because she is able to practise her religion without let

There is one conduct that I find strange - some people have suggested that PMB should have let Nnamdi Kanu alone, although the legal backing for his agitation does not yet have a decided case in its favour. Yet same people who know that courts have permitted Hijab says it should not be allowed.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by BetaThings: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2017
In Nigeria, the right to dress up must be fought for, inch by inch.
But the right to go n.ake.d is freely recognised

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:
I've noticed, and I'm seriously concerned that there's a rise in the number of Muslims in the South West with extremist views and tendencies. My observation is not only in reference to this hijab issue, but also as a result of what I've observed in recent times.

In our Yorubaland, there's an unwritten rule that we are brothers and sisters-regardless of religion. For instance, there's an equal proportion of Muslims, Christians and pagans in my family and town. Yet, we all live together in extreme harmony.

But it appears that there's a growing number of people who are trying to replicate the Northern ethnically jaundiced 'brand' of Islam in Yorubaland. I will try and open a thread about this before the end of the year.

Regarding the Law school hijab issue, my position is that Firdaus erred. Call me whatever, I don't care! Doesn't Islam say we should obey the laws of the land? I know that you may want to argue that one is allowed to disobey if it violates God's law. But the question is: is it haram not to wear hijab? The basic answer is that nobody can say with certainty that not wearing hijab is a sin. I repeat-Nobody! In fact, hijab has so much to do with culture & the Arab tradition than the religion itself!

The sister just wants to be an overnight activist. The law school is governed by laws and rules which everyone-regardless of religion must follow. If she had been allowed, Sango worshippers must also be allowed to plait their hairs while Catholic nuns and priests can't be stopped from wearing their garments to the Call to Bar ceremony. What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Let's stop all these extremist views joor! The sister can freely wear her hijab in Sharia courts. Nobody will disturb her there.
you are mad
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Laid2001: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2017
You guys would not even allow a Muslims girl to decorate herself with hijab!
Is it to now decorate a jointly owned government house you will accept!

TerrorSquad147:
why didn't the Muslims decorate everywhere with anything that symbolizes their own feasts abi did anyone tell them not to?? You guys are bloody hypocrites and trouble makers and I bet you that the trouble y'all are looking for you'll get.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Bobnotrouble: 11:52am On Dec 29, 2017
It's clear that you're blinded by hatred and intolerance of Islamic faithful and you know not! Your cocoon is that the South West Muslims should be docile and allow your kind to stifled them out of their Islamic faith. Learn the principle of peaceful coexistence.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by heysquare(m): 11:52am On Dec 29, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
why didn't the Muslims decorate everywhere with anything that symbolizes their own feasts abi did anyone tell them not to?? You guys are bloody hypocrites and trouble makers and I bet you that the trouble y'all are looking for you'll get.
as if wen d wahala started they wil be able to fight without calling america. pray dat d muslims in south west remain patient.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by dragnet: 11:53am On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:

You know nothing about islam, so it is better you keep quiet.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Taopheequat(f): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2017
adolfHitler1934:
This religion is too wahalaful!

If it is not Hijab,it is the right to occupy public building and major road to pray.

Is this how this same religion is practiced in the middle East or is it just in Nigeria here.

I don't know why Adolf Hitler spared you people sef.

He should have given you the same Jewish treatment.

Religion of ...(no be for my mouth)

Hail Hitler!
. Now i see you are brainless , goat ancestor... If you cannot. talk with sense, it is a beautiful Day to shut the Bleep up .. stupid soul
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Rashield8: 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2017
BetaThings:

You appear to be the only one seriously interested in debate
So prove your statement above

Can you explain what you mean by ethnically-jaundiced?
Islam forbids ethnicity

I would be happy to debate you and PROVE that Muslims generally have been more tolerant than Christans

You see what I have in italics is what is what most Muslims find most annoying
Christians try to pronounce judgement on debate between Muslims
The fact is that not wearing the Hijab is a sin. AND I CAN PROVE IT TO YOU
It has nothing to do with culture - this does not even qualify as a fallacy!

Another thing, Muslims don't get involved in the Priest celibacy debate, tithe debate, white garment debate, women preaching in church debate
So why do you think Muslims should not be allowed to decide

Was that what you think the late Bamidele Aturu intended when he did not shake hands with President Babangida?

I agree. Do you believe that the rules of the Law School/Body of Benchers is superior to the Constitution as well as the decisions of 2 Court of Appeal sessions and a High Court?
And do you think BoB should bow to the Constitution?

You see the Muslim men don't go to the ceremony in their galabeah, do they?
That is the error in your argument. The galabeah is not required to be worn at all time
The Sango or Ezemuo attire is not worn at all times.
Check have you ever seen a Hijabite that you know anywhere (market, school, inside the bus etc) without the Hijab?
The others only don those attires for their ceremonies. And the call to bar is not one of their ceremonies
It will be sad if a nun is not allowed to wear her habit to the call to bar event

By the way, your statement about Sango is unfortunate. Clearly Sango Worhsippers were in Nigeria before the advent of Christianity. Nigeria was colonised by a Christian nation and the legal and socio-political order favours Christians. Would it be right for Christians seek the right to practise their religion freely in a system that does not ordinarily favour Christianity - say Nigeria were to be colonised by a Muslim country or a Budhist one? Should Christians have rights in China or Nepal? Or should they just obey the laws of the land?

That is not the position of the law

1. Talking about the 'Northern brand' of Islam has nothing to do with ethnicity or tribalism. It's common knowledge that there are more intolerant Muslims in Northern Nigeria. Let's not pretend.

2. All I need from you is to refer me to a specific verse in the Holy Quran that says that not using hijab is a sin.

3. Who has appointed you as the mouthpiece of all Muslims? Why do you keep on saying Muslims don't do this, Muslims don't do that? Personally, I get involved in all kinds of debate -including the ones you mentioned. But I always respect other religions.

4. The Late Bamidele Aturu was an activist. He didn't shake Babangida as the best corps member of the 1987/1988 set in protest against military rule. He didn't do that because of any religious reason. Aturu must be rolling in his grave because of this your unfortunate comment.

5. I'm sure you're not a lawyer. If you're a lawyer you will know that the Court of Appeal decisions are in respect of a different subject matter.

6. Ask any lawyer you know, being called to bar is not a right but a privilege. The fact that someone has been able to pass the call to bar is not an end in itself.

7. You keep mentioning the Constitution. Please refer specifically to a section of the Constitution that has been violated.

8. If your argument for hijab is premised on religious freedom, why do you feel so concerned that other religions may also use that 'freedom' as excuse to insist that a particular apparel is what their religion compels them to wear?

9. Apart from the examples of Catholic 'father' & 'sister' & the compulsory hairs that Sango worshippers plait, do you also know that traditional rulers can also start insisting on wearing their beaded crowns and not wigs? Or don't you know that Obas get called to the Bar too?

10. Like I said earlier, there are Sharia courts in the country. If Firdaus is very particular about wearing hijab, she should start practicing in Sharia courts. Why did she remove her hijab for the three compulsory dinners that she attended? Let's stop this extremist nonsense joor!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Xisnin(m): 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
Akkord4gov:
U see the different when a Professor writes. this is informative,easier to read and understood even to those who have been blinded by their hatred for hijab. With this great piece,I'm sure non Muslims with common sense will agree that putting on hijab is just our way of life and not only Muslim way of life but also Mary the mother of Jesus.

Islam has faced alot of discrimination,they fight us in silence but when we speak,they call us terrorist. We aren't asking for much,we are just asking for the freedom of using our hijab. If athletes in Olympics can conveniently wear hijab and perform well,then hijab will never reduce the performance of anyone in any profession.

Stop playing the victim card. It is your type that encourage Boko haram.
Why do you want to die because of Arab culture?

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Xisnin(m): 12:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
TerrorSquad147:

Don't mind them, their religion hates decoration so they attack any religion
celebration that involves decoration.

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Rashield8: 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
Kingbusssy:

Ma brother
What you know is what you know AND
What you don't know is what you don't know
It's a sin for woman not to wear hijab in Islam
That's what make them different from others
Islam is a religion of peace and understanding, that's all

My brother, All I'm asking is for you to refer me to a specific verse of the Holy Quran where it's stated that not wearing hijab is a sin.

That's all !!!
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by dragnet: 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:

1. Talking about the 'Northern brand' of Islam has nothing to do with ethnicity or tribalism. It's common knowledge that there are more intolerant Muslims in Northern Nigeria. Let's not pretend.

2. All I need from you is to refer me to a specific verse in the Holy Quran that says that not using hijab is a sin.

3. Who has appointed you as the mouthpiece of all Muslims? Why do you keep on saying Muslims don't do this, Muslims don't do that? Personally, I get involved in all kinds of debate -including the ones you mentioned. But I always respect other religions.

4. The Late Bamidele Aturu was an activist. He didn't shake Babangida as the best corps member of the 1987/1988 set in protest against military rule. He didn't do that because of any religious reason. Aturu must be rolling in his grave because of this your unfortunate comment.

5. I'm sure you're not a lawyer. If you're a lawyer you will know that the Court of Appeal decisions are in respect of a different subject matter.

6. Ask any lawyer you know, being called to bar is not a right but a privilege. The fact that someone has been able to pass the call to bar is not an end in itself.

7. You keep mentioning the Constitution. Please refer specifically to a section of the Constitution that has been violated.

8. If your argument for hijab is premised on religious freedom, why do you feel so concerned that other religions may also use that 'freedom' as excuse to insist that a particular apparel is what their religion compels them to wear?

9. Apart from the examples of Catholic 'father' & 'sister' & the compulsory hairs that Sango worshippers plait, do you also know that traditional rulers can also start insisting on wearing their beaded crowns and not wigs? Or don't you know that Obas get called to the Bar too?

10. Like I said earlier, there are Sharia courts in the country. If Firdaus is very particular about wearing hijab, she should start practicing in Sharia courts. Why did she remove her hijab for the three compulsory dinners that she attended? Let's stop this extremist nonsense joor!
by reiterating that hijaab is an arab culture, you only keep displaying your level of knowledge.
Please open your Quran if you have one, read Nur verse 31, then get the tafsir of ibn katheer (if you have that also) and read the explanations therein, you can also find books of seeroh that gives the description of what happened when the revelation was given for women to use hijaab.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Dindondin(m): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
haven't you seen many public places decorated for Christmas? Courts, government offices, etc.

Nigeria is only secular when it's about Muslims' rights.
the same is done during Ramadan n Sallah. No cry foul play here
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Xisnin(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
BetaThings:

Christians believe in one man, one woman and, similarly, one country, one religion (Christianity)
All the posturing about secularity of Nigeria is just that - posturing
What do you believe in?
Multi-religion?

Can any Christian now convince me that Dr Bello's use of Hijab has now turned her into an extremist or tainted the excellent academic standards of OAU?
Dr Bello will become an extremist when she choose to force her hijab on an organization
that doesn't permit such e.g NBA.

Now we have proof that the wearing of Hijab does not hinder anything in the university
What "proof" do you have?

Yet Christians can spend their entire Saturday and Sunday in Church
And they talk about Islamization
How is it your business the number of hours a person decide to spend in church,
do you want to start regulating an individuals right to spend their time as they wish?
SMH.

The tradition in Nigeria was for government workers to come to work on Saturdays
Gowon changed that and increased the number of hours worked on Mon-Fri
That is islamization, isn't it?

It was the tradition to drive on the right hand side of the road, we changed it in 1972, did we not?
Gowon's change and right hand drive has nothing to do with what a medieval arab idol
and his prophet commands.

They never do. Their objection is fueled by abnormal hatred for Islam and they call their religion Christian love
I am yet to see mosque being blown up by people who supposedly hate you.
The same can't be said about the peaceful Boko harams and ISIS.
Even your scripture is full of hatred for infidels. You don't qualify to label
others as hateful.

Will they not ponder and change?
No, the world won't be cowered into adopting your religious symbol.

By the way they no longer see beard as a weird or ugly since it has become a fashion
Unlike when it was a near Muslim-only thing a few years back
At no time was beard a muslim-only thing. Even today some beard disqualifies from
getting a job in some professional setting.

Nobody sees anything wrong in Michael Jackson's trouser that did not reach the ankles, when a Muslim wears a trouser like that......
This crying is too much. People have a right to judge what they like and don't like.
Nobody owes you acceptance, when you make a choice, you bear the consequence.
There is no right to be loved, you aren't some cute puppy that should be adored
just because you grow beard and your trouser is short.
If you take your time thinking this through you would have realised that rich and
influential people don't get the same backlash as ordinary people when they do
something wrong.

I ask my Christian friends who preaches to me, do you want me to convert and become intolerant like you? If, as a Muslim, I don't have issues with the dressing of nuns, why would I like to become a Christian and start objecting to the dressing of Hijabites?
Intolerance?
Is this what you guys now discuss in your gatherings?
Patting yourself on the back for being tolerant?
I think I need to update my dictionary.

Tolerance also means staying in your lane and not trying to
force your way on others. Hijabites should steer clear of organizations
who don't want masquerade-style dressing.

5 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by AntiIslam59: 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2017
BetaThings:
In Nigeria, the right to dress up must be fought for, inch by inch.
But the right to go n.ake.d is freely recognised

In Nigeria's constitution, the concept of a state religion is expressly banned, hence the secularism of the country. it is not an Islamic country. If you want an Islamic country, get your leaders to fight for a split, just like Pakistan or Sudan. Sharia will never be permitted in the whole Nigeria and no Islamisation agenda will ever see the light of day.

On the matter, your religion is private. Keep your religion to yourself. If the country is secular, it follows the institutions should allow for religiously neutral clothing....which means an organisation is well within it's right to mandate a religiously neutral dress code across board. Wear your hijab at home. In a proper country following strictly the constitution, hijab should be banned in public spaces and schools. We are not arabs here, why would we take a commandment obviously mandated by misogynistic and bigoted old century Jahiliyyah traditions that have now been inculcated into the religion as the true word of God? Give me a break

The prof is a bearded extremist hypocrite that can't even mandate the hijab on his wife or daughter yet feels free to lecture others on the path of extreme Islamic radicalization. what an irony? If the Muslims continue this way they will eventually partition this country and you can have your sharia state.

P.S I chose antiislam as a moniker because when I wanted to comment on the thread it says I need to agree to some stuff posted on my profile. So I had to create this moniker, I prefer those words written on this kind of a profile, not my real moniker

5 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by nijabazaar: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
kayodekb:
some Christians just have that unapologetic hatred for Islam... NO MATTER HOW THEY TRY TO BRING DOWN ISLAM, IT WILL CONTINUE TO ROAR HIGHER INSHA ALLAH

The irk comes mostly from the fact that u guys like to throw bombs into innocent gatherings.

Will like liberal countries to adhere to ur rules but won't allow such in Muslim countries. For e.g u can't have a church with a spire in Saudi and most middle east countries.

talking of intolerance...
who goes on rampage becos of a cartoon?

Who declares fatwas on people just becos they don't believe in their creed?

Who beheads people becos they are gay?

Just look at the Egyptian Copts and what they are suffering. bombs after bombs into their church.

Look at ur own brethren too....the Shia. See how u guys murder them aplenty?

Like Someone said up their YOU DONT QUALIFY TO LABEL SOMEONE AS HATEFUL

in fact the sooner the rest of world becomes extremely vocal on you guys the better. Enough of this cosying up ....

7 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by ivolt: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

You said you have seen only Muslims forcing there religion on others, can you share the ones you've seen?
if Nigeria is secular i.e. not specifically religious, so why the decorations of places used by the public?
If the traditional guys decorates public places in cowries and feathers how will you feel?
I think this double standards need to stop.
And does the NBA has a rule that forbids such?

As you stated, it is a "public" place and there is no law or convention
barring such decorations. Same cannot be said for a voluntary organization
like NBA which frowns upon extra covering of hair during call to bar.
NBA is not a public place, it is a voluntary organization with laid-down
practices. Anyone who doesn't agree with them can keep off.

As for traditionalist, I see no problem with such, if you have a village, chances
are you have seen traditional decorations during their numerous festivals.

There is no double standard anywhere, if you don't like my rules, you stay
away from me.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by ivolt: 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
BetaThings:

I dare and challenge you to prove this!
This must be a joke, Firdaus trying to force her religious symbolism on NBA
is not the first of its kind. Even on campuses, muslims are on the forefront
of disrupting exams because it falls on friday, some forcefully set up mosque
on lecture theatres doors.

NBA is not the problem but the statutory bodies created by law
ICAN, COREN, NIESV, Council for Legal Education/Body of Benchers etc are recognised by law
If according to the law, they are to regulate a profession, that means to practise, you must register with then. So it is no longer a private thing. They must make their rules accommodating of diversity
They are all voluntary organizations, I am yet to see any of them forcing people to join them.

You are behind the news
Check the latest from China
No, I am not, Chinese still spend billions on christmas every year.

In well educated societies, Christians defend the rights of Muslims because they see the real danger as atheism
In Nigeria, Christians join atheists to fight Islam. Yet the greatest threat to Christianity is atheism
With their sophistry, Christians lure Muslims away only for those to use Christianity as a stop over on the journey to atheism
In well-educated societies, Christians don't defend muslims, the people who
defend muslims are the secularist who think the best way to fight christian
bigotry is by siding with muslims. It is illegal to use face veil in france.

Shouldn't you care more about the greatest threat to Islam(education)
instead of worrying about Christians?
Many muslim make the mistake of thinking that Islam and Christianity
are similar when they are not.
I have traveled many places and the only people I see trying to change
the rules to favor them are the muslims.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by STARKACE(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2017
TerrorSquad147:
I swear down, he should have wiped them off...
yet it was you Christians who battled him, I guess you already knew he was coming for your dumb ass after Jews.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by RedPanda: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
AntiIslam59:

In Nigeria's constitution, the concept of a state religion is expressly banned, hence the secularism of the country. it is not an Islamic country. If you want an Islamic country, get your leaders to fight for a split, just like Pakistan or Sudan. Sharia will never be permitted in the whole Nigeria and no Islamisation agenda will ever see the light of day.

On the matter, your religion is private. Keep your religion to yourself. If the country is secular, it follows the institutions should allow for religiously neutral clothing....which means an organisation is well within it's right to mandate a religiously neutral dress code across board. Wear your hijab at home. In a proper country following strictly the constitution, hijab should be banned in public spaces and schools. We are not arabs here, why would we take a commandment obviously mandated by misogynistic and bigoted old century Jahiliyyah traditions that have now been inculcated into the religion as the true word of God? Give me a break

The prof is a bearded extremist hypocrite that can't even mandate the hijab on his wife or daughter yet feels free to lecture others on the path of extreme Islamic radicalization. what an irony? If the Muslims continue this way they will eventually partition this country and you can have your sharia state.

P.S I chose antiislam as a moniker because when I wanted to comment on the thread it says I need to agree to some stuff posted on my profile. So I had to create this moniker, I prefer those words written on this kind of a profile, not my real moniker

I have to agree with this 100%. we are not in an islamic country. The country should be partitioned so the islamist can have there heaven. Not one of the fully controlled islamic States in the world practicising sharia today is paradise. They are all backward terror breeding grounds.

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by RedPanda: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Lildiamond: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
Nice write up Sir.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by 41lady(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
BetaThings:

Double face is not new

Christians believe in one man, one woman and, similarly, one country, one religion (Christianity)
All the posturing about secularity of Nigeria is just that - posturing

Can any Christian now convince me that Dr Bello's use of Hijab has now turned her into an extremist or tainted the excellent academic standards of OAU?

Now we have proof that the wearing of Hijab does not hinder anything in the university

Yet Christians can spend their entire Saturday and Sunday in Church
And they talk about Islamization

The tradition in Nigeria was for government workers to come to work on Saturdays
Gowon changed that and increased the number of hours worked on Mon-Fri
That is islamization, isn't it?

It was the tradition to drive on the right hand side of the road, we changed it in 1972, did we not?

They never do. Their objection is fueled by abnormal hatred for Islam and they call their religion Christian love

Will they not ponder and change?

By the way they no longer see beard as a weird or ugly since it has become a fashion
Unlike when it was a near Muslim-only thing a few years back
Nobody sees anything wrong in Michael Jackson's trouser that did not reach the ankles, when a Muslim wears a trouser like that......

I ask my Christian friends who preaches to me, do you want me to convert and become intolerant like you? If, as a Muslim, I don't have issues with the dressing of nuns, why would I like to become a Christian and start objecting to the dressing of Hijabites?
Written by Mujahidin Zulkiffli...

Merry Christmas to all; especially to Muslims

Before you Islamists start telling me off and others not to participate in celebration or wish Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating can you please do the followings first. Here I am making you a checklist of how NOT to be a munafiq (hypocryte) Muslims:

Stop using the Gregorian calendar. Don’t you know that the calendar is a Christian calendar?? It’s named after A Pope! Pope Gregory XIII who introduced it in 1582.

Oh by the way, BC means Before Christ and AD means Anno Domini which means The Year of The Lord!!!! Homaigad!!! Aren’t you acknowledging The Lord Jesus Christ every time you use the calendar So very Christian of you lah Muslim...

Wait, you celebrate your own birthday that is on the Gregorian calendar Homaigad!!! You idiot, you kafir laknat!! Why you celebrate your birthday based on the kafir calendar and not using the Muslim's calendar? Oh my, oh my you want to be kafir, right? Admit it lah... smiley

Your device OMG!! Ok now dump your phone and destroy your devices.. I’m sure they are on Gregorian calendar, Anno Domini!!!

Go use Hijriah Calendar. In case you haven’t dump your device and are still reading this, you kind of know that you gotta use the Gregorian calendar because nobody uses the Hijriah’s calendar for their daily lives, not even the Arabs of all Arabs. You’d also know that the calendar can be a mess. Every year, the calendar can change, make that twice a year during the two Eids. And the funny part is, because the calendar calibration is done in every country before Eid, we can end up with different dates and it’s a mess to recalibrate itself back so the whole world would have the same date. How hard can it be if we don’t have synchronized dates? Kinda painful to book flights, arrange meetings etc etc.. No? Try lah..

Don’t wear hijab, it originates from Ze Bible! Don’t believe me, go read Genesis 24: 64-65. "Rebekah put on a vail upon seeing a man in sight". Where in the Quran that states women must wear hijab? Quran only specifically said cover your bosoms with your “khimar” (scholars interpreted this as headcovers, although the Arabic word shaar which means hair or raas which means head are missing). Khimar is not only head covers, it’s anything that is used to cover including curtains so the absence of the word hair/head means Quran never asked women to cover their head but use any khimar to cover their bosoms/chest. Or is that why some of you wear curtains all over? Also, didn't Prophet Muhammad told you to be different than the Jews and Christians? To not do what the Jews and Christians do? If so, then why you follow Christians wearing hijab lah? Anyhow, Lady Anne, Queen of King James used to wear hijab and she was a Christian. Oh nuns also wear hijabs, you want to be nun is it? I know now... So since you want women to follow Rebekah the Christian, why can’t we wish Merry Christmas to our Christian friends again?? You yourselves are Christian followers lah oi, Muslims..

Anyhow for most of us, we’ll continue our lives as normal with Gregorian calendar, phones and devices etc. And you’d continue wearing hijab and tell people to wear it too because God said so. Maybe He did, in the Bible for sure.

Let’s just live in peace shall we? Merry Christmas to all. Especially to Muslims and Islamists all over the world.

In conclusion, Hijab is not a Muslim culture or ethics, stop that noise, it is jews cultural wears, and Arabs copied it and later Africans copy cat, go & follow your culture, the Islam is Arab cult, not religion. Everything Islam use is copy, the use of rosery or Chaplin or chasbi is from roman catholic Muhammed copied. Go & read his of religion. For me I can't impose other people's culture on my life or on others, Africans are meant to be know as traditionalist or idol worshippers but since the other religious came to meeet us, let those who believe continue without imposing on anyone. I believe in JESUS the only Son of GOD.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by slimtoney(m): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2017
PROUDLY A MUSLIM. I WAS BORN AS ONE AND INSHA ALLAH I SHALL DIE A MUSLIM.

Islam is not the reason you have turned your so call christian faith to a big joke. It only pains you to the marrow how we guard our beloved Prophet and revere him, it pains you the more how we are more Christlike than your hypocritical way of following Jesus, it hurts you that we square up with any one of you or even from amongst us who try to drag to the mud the religion we give all our life to. Try hard as you may, Islam can never become a fraud and child's play that has become of your religion.

Majority of your so called Jerusalem Pilgrims has suddenly abandon their religious duties in Jerusalem and flee in various directions into Europe. What has happen to the voice of faith. Where is the believe and the fear of God. It is your lots who do not fear God your creator and as a result will not fear man and rules of the land, the reason this country's condition is so deplorable .

Your religious heads will live salient points as contained in the Bible to preach tithing and materialism. This has make a good number of Christians slave to desires, who will stop at nothing to acquire worldly riches and lose eternity.

With a long whip you beat Islam and still cry wolf. The coming of Bokoharam was widely made to look like the Muslims are attacking Christians. This days mosques and Muslims have become victims of BH and you are now happy. Muslims will not accused you of killing them, because we know that hundred ant thousands of you will not be able to take a Muslim's soul if Allah did not ordained it.
The billions and Thrillions of naira that passes through the church in the form of money laundering and tithe are being used for what? Poverty still reigns among the church goers who make this donation without asking, to what use their monies are being put to.

The NGO bill was mostly kicked against by the stake holders in the Churches. What are you afraid of. If there is sincerity in what you do with the monies, why are you afraid of accountability.

The Church should look inwards when next the question of who is the sponsor of Boko Haram arises.
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by Akkord4gov: 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2017
Xisnin:

Stop playing the victim card. It is your type that encourage Boko haram.
Why do you want to die because of Arab culture?

for u to write this,I can guess u must be a learned even if not more than SSCE,but being educated is different from being learned. So let me use few minutes to educate u. Islam isn't Arab culture,and hijab isn't Arab culture because Allah isn't Arabian and the Qur'an we follow didn't only talk about the Arabians but other tribes too. The Qur'an we follow specify the kind of dressing expected from a Muslim and hijab is an essential and a paramount part of a Muslim woman dressing. I think it is that word "hijab" that is giving u a nightmare,hijab only means veil used to cover ones hair and it is recommended for Christians too. Christians limit theirs to the church but common sense should tell u that as long as your church allows covering of hair in your church during prayer,it is something that is essential and as a Muslim,we don't only pray while in mosque,we remember God everytime,so for the Muslim women,covering of d head is not only just a dressing but also paramount. It is never Arabian but Islamical.

I think this little piece will format your brain. As long as we as a country is using European culture that suits Christianity like holiday on Saturday and Sunday,y now always become simpleton when the mention of Islam or something related to it is mentioned?

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by oodua1stson: 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2017
Why are Muslims always crying about everything? This is why their religion produces terrorists because they are naturally trouble makers.

A religion founded on innocent people's blood will never know pewce
Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by ayoxelee(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:

Seriously, Niggar u have no knowledge about ur religion, I'm a Muslim and a Yoruba but the term #hausamuslim is a non existence to me. Allah never commanded us to follow sect, have u ever asked ur self why u are a Muslim why some certain act of religion are practiced, why some are neglected. like I've said go get knowledge about ur religion, dnt b a Muslim because u are born to b, b a Muslim because u choosed to b. FYI, hijab isn't an Arab culture and it's a very sinful act for any lady to step out wtout it.

1 Like

Re: OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab by youngvc1: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2017
Rashield8:

Yes it is haram

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Islamic New Year 1436 AH To All Muslims / Sex Was Created For Three Basic Purposes / Tajweed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.