Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? (45454 Views)

My Girlfriend Is My Girlfriend, Her Past Is Her Past, Says a Young Man / Being A Father At 22 (my Story) / A Beautiful Sex Worker Highlights Her Achievements At 22 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Marcoassensio: 7:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
ask ifa

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
TheCongo2:

Why does he have to go through all this while some men worst than him play with different girls everyday?
Playing girlsis not an achievement

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by verygudbadguy(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
TheCongo2:

Why does he have to go through all this while some men worst than him play with different girls everyday?
My concern is actually that he might get distracted. A lot of us made this same mistake back in the University. We were so distracted by the ladies and we got carried away by the independence we enjoyed. It affected us academically.

He can always get women any time.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by muller101(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

I don't care about intimacy cus you can easily get that without dating no body.

Constructive suggestions please
you want to spoil abi?
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by davillian(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Don't worry Op you will do everything later in ur life and u will do it better than us who did the whole shit while we wre young.
By then we would have stopped and be srious with our family. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ikmontana1: 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Arijude:
I'm 26 and I have never had any girlfriend and it doesn't bother me. So, relax bro.
but u v always tried to get a girlfriend.. don't lie..am sure girls always fall ur hand nhi..

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by ELdaar55(m): 7:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
WELL YOU DONT HAVE TO FEEL EMPTY OR BAD ABOUT NOT HAVING A GIRLFRIEND AT YOUR AGE AND TO BE FRANK WITH YOU, ITS JUST TOO EARLY TO START THINKING OF GIRLFRIEND...AM 27 WITHOUT ANY GIRLFRIENDS BECAUSE AM SIMPLY NOT READY CONSIDERING THE RESPONSIBILITIES. I CHOOSED TO FOCUSED ON MY CAREER AND WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT, I WILL HAVE A WIFE AND NOT A GIRLFRIEND...JUST REMAIN IN CHRIST IN ORDER NOT TO FALL INTO THE SIN OF FORNICATION.

2 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by bigpicture001: 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided YOU SIMPLY HAVE NOT TAKEN ANY BOLD STEP... ALSO SOMETIMES IT'S GOOD TO BE ALONE... RELATIONSHIPS CAN BE A GRAVE HEADACHE FOR SOME PEOPLE... IT DEPENDS ON HOW READ AND MATURE YOU ARE TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP... SO IT'S NORMAL
...gloria..y don't you tell him the honest truth,that all you gals nid him to do in order to like him very much mur than you like even your parents is for him to go get money: it's a shame that gals in nigeria now sell love...

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Promismike(m): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2017
DonOms:
I like that you have learned one of the greatest lessons in life: "Hardwork doesn't always guarantee success" as Solomon inferred in the book of Ecclesiastes.

Now, the feeling of emptiness can as well be felt by people in relationships. It goes without saying that the feeling of emptiness has more to do with the self than it has to do with a union or group.

You have done well so far, trust me and you shouldn't have any regrets. What you should however focus on now is to make your hardwork and dedication count. It isn't automatic, but hardwork pays in the long run if you remain steadfast and apply good wisdom.

Think about where you want to be in 5-10 years and begin to do everything legally possible to get there. Plans and reality aren't the same. Expectations get dashed and life throws us curve balls. Do we sit in anguish and give up? Damn No! In the words of Walt Disney, "we don't look backwards for very long, but we keep moving forward." Just keep moving.

Whether you get a girlfriend now or not, it doesn't actually matter. You're neither too old nor too young for it. It's a choice but make sure you're not attempting to build your happiness around a relationship. Be happy and fulfiled by yourself first before uniting with another.

Get good people (male and female) with whom you share similar values and keep them as friends, feel happy no matter the situation since true happiness roots in the heart and not in any material thing or some girlfriend. In the end, if you have done your best and followed the right path, and when God and the entire universe have smiled upon you, you will forget the feelings of emptiness you feel today and remember not the former things.

Don't give up 2 inches away from your goldmine! Dig deeper, press harder.
You made sence and sound intelligent.

I live your comment.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by airprinz(m): 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Cannonleo:
we are basically the same in a way, mine is I have tried consistently to get a girl but it just hasn't worked out for years for me, I get so close yet am so far , never been laid in years yet am a bit sociable just too firm and very serious( a bookworm during schooll day), I had a lovely heart that was taken for granted by the ladies and consistently toyed with now I have no emotions again

I have given up on that and just decided to live life, if the girls come fine, if they don't fine
they will always be distractions although loneliness does kill me a lot of times

Lots of people say I behave like a military officer
lol. De military in you is wat is chasin dem away from you.

#RunsAway#
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ezyp(m): 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Bro don't worry yourself about getting one. Focus on making money that's important. When that's done, other things as sure will fall in place.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Iamdmentor1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

Throughout my teenage years I never indulged in anything that is remotely considered as youthful exuberances. No parties.. No hangouts.. No rebellion.. No fun.. No girls.

I'm what you'll consider as a pretty decent kid. Been always studious and devote. I felt those stuff were distractions and a waste of time. so I was always buried in books and church activities.

I thought being uptight and serious would make me "successful" . Unfortunately.... It appears I might have been wrong. I see my friends who practically live in orgies and revelries enjoy life and still have things work fine for them. So I guess screw seriousness!

Recently I've been having a strange feeling of emptiness. I read up some books and most suggested that lack of love/companionship can be a major reason for feelings of emptiness.

It then dawned on me that I've never asked a girl out in my entire life. I've never dated. I never thought it was a big deal and I pretty enjoy my company alone. I assumed I'll get a girl when am ready for marriage. But hey... I don't even know if I'll be alive that long (tomorrow isn't guaranteed).

I've recently been feeling very lonely .. do you think it's a problem I've never experienced relationship with a girl at my age? I'll be 23 next year.

Read Psalm 73, Deuteronomy 8:2-3, Mark 10:28-30.

Just try
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by MiddleDimension: 7:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
MicroBox:
Girlfriend leads to furnication..
Stay clean and away from it....
how i wish there are ''dialike'' buttons, i definitely would have clicked it for your post.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by TVTKOKO(m): 7:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
TrillionBrains:
Seriously me too. I don't even like sex. Imagine chooking your flesh against someone else. Mtchewwww [url=trillionclues] TRILLIONCLUES [/url]
lmao.. I sometimes shiver at the thought of it sef. Maybe because I'm an introvert.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by danjudchi: 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
shocked
BeeBeeOoh:
tOtO don dey hungry dis 1
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by makky555(f): 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
Oya ask me out let me see if something is really wrong with you grin

But on a serious note you're not really on the wrong track... Matter of fact you're envied but most people here but they'll refuse to admit. A wise man once did "do not awaken love before its time". And you've been able to do that for the past 23 years of your life.

You're highly respected for it. On a lighter note I think it's better you make female friends or if you have any long-time female friend you've been crushing on you can approach her.

But personally I think nothing is wrong with you
Vibesking:

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by zakari247(m): 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2017
DonOms:
I like that you have learned one of the greatest lessons in life: "Hardwork doesn't always guarantee success" as Solomon inferred in the book of Ecclesiastes.

Now, the feeling of emptiness can as well be felt by people in relationships. It goes without saying that the feeling of emptiness has more to do with the self than it has to do with a union or group.

You have done well so far, trust me and you shouldn't have any regrets. What you should however focus on now is to make your hardwork and dedication count. It isn't automatic, but hardwork pays in the long run if you remain steadfast and apply good wisdom.

Think about where you want to be in 5-10 years and begin to do everything legally possible to get there. Plans and reality aren't the same. Expectations get dashed and life throws us curve balls. Do we sit in anguish and give up? Damn No! In the words of Walt Disney, "we don't look backwards for very long, but we keep moving forward." Just keep moving.

Whether you get a girlfriend now or not, it doesn't actually matter. You're neither too old nor too young for it. It's a choice but make sure you're not attempting to build your happiness around a relationship. Be happy and fulfiled by yourself first before uniting with another.

Get good people (male and female) with whom you share similar values and keep them as friends, feel happy no matter the situation since true happiness roots in the heart and not in any material thing or some girlfriend. In the end, if you have done your best and followed the right path, and when God and the entire universe have smiled upon you, you will forget the feelings of emptiness you feel today and remember not the former things.

Don't give up 2 inches away from your goldmine! Dig deeper, press harder.
oh boy your advice na bam, abeg me I like intelligent guys like you. see my number 08100316765.pls send me your let's be friends man and let's wash our thought with brilliant idea
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
Vibesking:

During my days in the University at FUTO, I was exactly like you, I always read programming books. Today, I work with one of the leading ISP providers, I am an Android and IOS engineer and also a member of the Facebook team. I am 26 yrs old too. so my brother, be successful at what you do, women would come later.

I don't regret my actions now.

5 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by makky555(f): 7:36pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ikmontana1:
but u v always tried to get a girlfriend.. don't lie..am sure girls always fall ur hand nhi..

Lol winch grin
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by kalu61(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
l had my first n last relationship was at 26 duriny my NYSC this year and it ended 6 months later.yet to have sex too.There is nothing there.Develop yourself,career and God will give the woman that suits you.I once was in that shoes too
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by mohemos: 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
This your story describes the exact me 7 years back, before I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life by going into relationships.
You're currently 22:
This is the best time to start exploring different careers, make many mistakes and seek for corrections.
Am happy you're a Christian, if you want to continue to be a Christian stay away from girls until you're ready for marriage.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by SuperSuave(m): 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
vibesking, if you interact well with females physically and have 1 or 2 female friends, there's nothing to worry about but if not you're probably shy or afraid of the opposite sex and you need to work on that.

I've never had any girlfriend before too and I don't see anything wrong with it.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Idrismusty97(m): 7:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
You think having girlfriend at a age when you are not ready to marry is fun abi? You want to carry another person problems when you haven't finished solve yours? You are seeing "Happy" couples walking, Laughing and holding hands about and you think that's the reality right? One thing i have learnt in life is never to compare your life with anyone, Why do you think lack of girlfriend is what is making you feel empty? Have you tried eating pizza? Many people who are/were in a relationship wish they shouldn't have made that mistake and enjoyed their life to the fullest, A time for relationship will come. Focus on improving yourself and making money.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by MiddleDimension: 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
verygudbadguy:

My concern is actually that he might get distracted. A lot of us made this same mistake back in the University. We were so distracted by the ladies and we got carried away by the independence we enjoyed. It affected us academically.

He can always get women any time.

你说得对!但是,有些人为了学习不高兴。
what you have said is right! however, there still some people who still didn't find fulfilment being very 'serious'.

没有爱人还可以失魂落魄。
also, not having a girlfriend can be distracting as well.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
justmi1:
From personal experience I think you should be worried. I would be 29 in some months and trust me I have never been in a relationship. I was serious with studies, I finished with good grades, got a job and a fairly decent apartment. I think I have what I "need" but I wish I could be with someone. I feel so lonely. I didn't see it as an issue at 22. Don't take life too seriously, nothing is more fulfilling in life than good relationship with people.
OP, follow this advice
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Arijude(m): 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Ikmontana1:
I have NEVER tried to get a girlfriend. I know you will not believe me but I'm real.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
It is not a problem, Infact, you are on the right track. Girls aren't loyal. If you put your heart on girls' issue, you might get distracted and lose a lot of things.

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by verygudbadguy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
MiddleDimension:

你说得对!但是,有些人为了学习不高兴。
what you have said is right! however, there still some people who still didn't find fulfilment being very 'serious'.

没有爱人还可以失魂落魄。
also, not having a girlfriend can be distracting as well.
True also.
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Shollay20(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
DanseMacabre:
What is problematic is you thinking whether having or not having a girlfriend at 22 is problematic.

My own problem is that I'm not a millionaire yet. Common millionaire fa. angry

laugh wan kill me...bros be patience...

1 Like

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by shomutuski(m): 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
I believe you Bro, am also in a dilemma like yours but mine is a Lil different. in the course of the 22years I've spent on earth, just 1 girlfriend have had and it's wasn't even serious like that, just call and occasional meet up, no sex sef..
Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by apharm(m): 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2017
look at you!!
I'm 26 yet I have not dated anyone before. I'm always focused about my future. Women are always there for you when you'r successful, for now, I'll advice you to build your life first before thinking about relationships

2 Likes

Re: At 22 I've Never Had A Girlfriend. Is This A Problem? by Ups01(m): 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Pursue your dreams

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Like Getting Their Ears Kissed? / Im In Love With My Step- Brother: What Should I Do? / How My Fiancee Tricked Me, What Can I Do To Get Out Of This Mess.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.