Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1168555 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 7:28pm On May 22, 2019
AOS=Adjustment of status from visitor/tourist to PR. EOS=Extention of duration of stay granted after 25/8/19
dora2007:

PLS OO, WHICH ONE IS AOS AND EOS.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 7:34pm On May 22, 2019
MamaOO:
Someone just sent me this. The US Government isn’t playing! shocked

lol!...This is not just happening under Trump's administration though.

We should remember that it's already in the US immigration laws that the US CBP admits foreigner at their discretion...which could be from one week, one month and not necessary 6 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 7:48pm On May 22, 2019
Beautyaddy:

We should remember that it's already in the US immigration laws that the US CBP admits foreigner at their discretion...which could be from one week, one month and not necessary 6 months.

Yes, it’s happening under President Donald J Trump Administration...

During Former President Barack Obama Administration there was nothing like No AOS/EOS...

During his term people were allowed to switch from B-1 to F-1 as long as you find a school willing to allow enrollment & file the necessary paper work with USCIS usually takes anywhere from 6 months to 1 year

Under Former President Barack Obama Administration people could enter with a B-1 Visa & adjust to Permanent Residence as long as they find a partner who’s willing to file the necessary paper work & the relationship is genuine...

There was absolutely nothing like No AOS/EOS during Former President Barack Obama term as President of the United States...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 7:50pm On May 22, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yes, the no AOS thing is just happening. I have never seen that clause on anyone’s visa before. I’ve heard about the no EOS but no AOS? Nah.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 7:58pm On May 22, 2019
7Alexandre:

Yes, it’s happening under President Donald J Trump Administration...

During Former President Barack Obama Administration there was nothing like No AOS/EOS...

During his term people were allowed to switch from B-1 to F-1 as long as you find a school willing to allow enrollment & file the necessary paper work with USCIS usually takes anywhere from 6 months to 1 year

Under Former President Barack Obama Administration people could enter with a B-1 Visa & adjust to Permanent Residence as long as they find a partner who’s willing to file the necessary paper work & the relationship is genuine...

There was absolutely nothing like No AOS/EOS during Former President Barack Obama term as President of the United States...

Both False!

There was... and I know of family members who got those notations on their passports.

In fact, some of them were also deported and their visa cancelled during Obama's term.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 8:02pm On May 22, 2019
MamaOO:

Yes, the no AOS thing is just happening. I have never seen that clause on anyone’s visa before. I’ve heard about the no EOS but no AOS? Nah.

I have seen such notations before and yes under other president's administration.

We have millions of Nigerians who get US visas and travel to the US everyday and most of them are not members on Nairaland.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 8:03pm On May 22, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Both False!

There was... and I know of family members who got those notations on their passports.

In fact, some of them were also deported and their visa cancelled during Obama's term.

I highly doubt it...

Why don’t you post a picture to support your claims like the previous poster did?

I still maintain my stand that there was absolutely nothing like No AOS/EOS during Former President Barack Obama Term...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 8:06pm On May 22, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Both False!

If they were deported, then there shouldn’t be a notation like No AOS/EOS

The correct notation when you’re deported & your Visa cancelled at the border entry should be CANCELED WITH PREJUDICE

So your tales proves that there’s a possibility that you might be making false statements...

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 8:17pm On May 22, 2019
7Alexandre:

I highly doubt it...

Why don’t you post a picture to support your assumptions like the previous poster...

I still maintain my stand that there was absolutely nothing like No AOS/EOS during Former President Barack Obama Term...

lol!...I know you will doubt it.

You've seen it all and know it all, shey?

Anyways, I also still maintain that such notations have been giving to some foreigners by the US CBP at the border if they have been found to have some doubts at the reasons why they are visiting the US...even with past administrations from Trump's.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 8:26pm On May 22, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...I know you will doubt it.

You've seen it all and know it all, shey?

Anyways, I also still maintain that such notations have been giving to some foreigners by the US CBP at the border if they have some doubts at the reasons why they are visiting the US.

One last word for you: PROVE IT

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Favoredlastborn: 9:49pm On May 22, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, can anybody help me with a low-cost hospital/OBGYN in Chicago for childbirth? Anybody to help a 1st-time dad with good and detailed information?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 9:53pm On May 22, 2019
MamaOO:
Someone just sent me this. The US Government isn’t playing! shocked

Almost 4 months still, e plenty na! Is this for birthing or for what ma? After secondary inspection/examination I believe.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:03pm On May 22, 2019
7Alexandre:

Just a quick check, 2016. I somehow just remembered this came up before, the OP however has deleted his previous posts and images. There’s a trail left though

https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/274

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-business-visa/112200-b1-visa-travel-after-eos-aos-cos-in-previous-visit

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/don-fear-immigration-officer-notation-passport-article-1.155844%3foutputType=amp
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 10:32pm On May 22, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Almost 4 months still, e plenty na! Is this for birthing or for what ma? After secondary inspection/examination I believe.
I don’t even know. I believe it’s for birthing cos the admission stamp said “B2”. And I’m pretty sure it’s after secondary inspection. Something must have triggered it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by maddock(m): 6:22am On May 23, 2019
7Alexandre:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by maddock(m): 6:27am On May 23, 2019
7Alexandre:

No AOS, EOS, COS is not a new phenomenon na..Just google "no aos on passport" and you would see cases since far back 2007. That chap whose passport is trending probably had issues and until we start hearing other cases it might just be an isolated case.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 6:34am On May 23, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Just a quick check, 2016. I somehow just remembered this came up before, the OP however has deleted his previous posts and images. There’s a trail left though

https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/274

https://www.immihelp.com/forum/usa-business-visa/112200-b1-visa-travel-after-eos-aos-cos-in-previous-visit

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/don-fear-immigration-officer-notation-passport-article-1.155844%3foutputType=amp

Those are isolated cases...

She was making it seems like the No AOS/EOS was a normal occurrence during Former President Barack Obama Term...

Heck even during Former President Barack Obama Term people never encountered so many problems as regards to the low cost of birthing in the United States compared to when President Donald J Trump became President...

Those problems started cropping up once President Donald J Trump stated that most people where abusing their B-2 Visa & he intends on revoking Birthright Citizenship...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 6:38am On May 23, 2019
maddock:

No AOS, EOS, COS is not a new phenomenon na..Just google "no aos on passport" and you would see cases since far back 2007. That chap whose passport is trending probably had issues and until we start hearing other cases it might just be an isolated case.

Like I said before this trend is an isolated case not a normal phenomenon...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 8:49am On May 23, 2019
7Alexandre:

Those are isolated cases...

She was making it seems like the No AOS/EOS was a normal occurrence during Former President Barack Obama Term...

Heck even during Former President Barack Obama Term people never encountered so many problems as regards to the low cost of birthing in the United States compared to when President Donald J Trump became President...

Those problems started cropping up once President Donald J Trump stated that most people where abusing their B-2 Visa & he intends on revoking Birthright Citizenship...

Not necessarily isolated. It’s been on for some time, and I think for some reason I like it though. I personally know of an individual that got same during the Obama regime, hers was even funnier, she got 3 weeks stay with all the annotations added too....

Downside is that she got pretty scared of her future relationship with the US and refused to exit the US thereafter (despite having a good job and properties here in Nigeria, but no husband or child to return to, THEY ONLY SUCCEEDED IN SCARING HER), the last I heard was that she made the Canada Border crossing list having moved around the US a couple of years doing some under the table jobs.

I’m not in support of all these however, but a soft-peddling here and there by the US authorities will do a lot of good. The US visa is GOLD to some people, they don’t want to misuse it, punishment by them to people for slightest mistake (conscious and unconscious) isn’t friendly at all. How can someone for instance research and find “deals”, then go and birth in the US and pay the fees as charged (discounted) without owing a dime, exit the US but find it difficult to renew their visa thereafter for reasons that are still not clearly established till date rather than “the fees paid are too small/cheap”? Not that it’s illegal to birth in the US oh, not that the people didn’t declare intent to birth oh! Tor....

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 7:29pm On May 23, 2019
How true pls?

SUDDEN CHANGES IN US VISA RULES THAT AFFECTS NIGERIA:

This Week without prior information or notice the US Government launched a New Immigration Policy called " Build America " It's a new merit base visa application system that seeks to increase the standard of scrutiny of visa application to prevent people of questionable reputation, economic immigrants and People without travel history from getting US visa.
Under this new rules key changes have already been implemented without notice, as follows :
1. End of Drop box (automatic visa renewal without interview for existing visa holders is cancelled. Existing visa owners will now apply and be interviewed like everyone else when their visa expires )
2. Green Card to be scrapped
3. Applicants for B1 or B2 visas without adequate travel experience will now be automatically denied.
4. Applicant with monthly income below $1700 will now be considered as economic immigrants and denied.
5. Strong ties & attachments (compelling proofs of what can bring you back )to Nigeria now to be strongly emphasized.

This is serious.

Copied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ameera2018(f): 5:09am On May 24, 2019
Hmmmm this is serious

TripleKMama:
How true pls?

This Week without prior information or notice the US Government launched a New Immigration Policy called " Build America " It's a new merit base visa application system that seeks to increase the standard of scrutiny of visa application to prevent people of questionable reputation, economic immigrants and People without travel history from getting US visa.
Under this new rules key changes have already been implemented without notice, as follows :
1. End of Drop box (automatic visa renewal without interview for existing visa holders is cancelled. Existing visa owners will now apply and be interviewed like everyone else when their visa expires )
3. Applicants for B1 or B2 visas without adequate travel experience will now be automatically denied.
4. Applicant with monthly income below $1700 will now be considered as economic immigrants and denied.
5. Strong ties & attachments (compelling proofs of what can bring you back )to Nigeria now to be strongly emphasized.

This is serious.

Copied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NIFES(f): 10:15am On May 24, 2019
7Alexandre:

I highly doubt it...

Why don’t you post a picture to support your claims like the previous poster did?

Of course there was!

My sister and her 3 kids had this stamped on their passports in 2016.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 10:52am On May 24, 2019
NIFES:

Of course there was!

My sister and her 3 kids had this stamped on their passports in 2016.

All of a sudden everyone now knows someone that has a NO A0S/EOS Stamp on their Passport...

One of the reasons why I no longer take Nairaland serious...

Why didn't y'all speak out when it started happening?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NIFES(f): 11:35am On May 24, 2019
7Alexandre:

All of a sudden everyone now knows someone that has a NO A0S/EOS Stamp on their Passport...

One of the reasons why I no longer take Nairaland serious...

Why didn't y'all speak out when it started happening?

Well, first off I wasn't quite active on nairaland as at then and secondly I did not (still do not) see it as a big deal cos the intention of their travel was not aimed at extending their stay nor having their status changed while in the US.

It is only those that have undeclared immigration intent that should worry over such.

So clear conscience fears no accusation...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JAZES(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2019
TripleKMama:
How true pls?

This is serious.

Copied

Not totally true....check below for the true position as released by the white house on thursday

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/president-trumps-bold-immigration-plan-21st-century/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blossom101: 5:22pm On May 24, 2019
Good evening my wonderful people. God bless you all.

Pls I need your advice. I had my baby in 2018 with my B2 Visa and all hospital bills paid with all receipt collected.

I am few weeks gone now, due date is ending of Jan 2020 and my Visa will expire by ending of Feb, 2020. I would like to know if I can still use the same Visa to birth my 2nd baby and pls can DH apply for his own Visa without us going with him to the embassy?

Thank you for your response in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 6:34pm On May 24, 2019
blossom101:
Good evening my wonderful people. God bless you all.

Pls I need your advice. I had my baby in 2018 with my B2 Visa and all hospital bills paid with all receipt collected.

I am few weeks gone now, due date is ending of Jan 2020 and my Visa will expire by ending of Feb, 2020. I would like to know if I can still use the same Visa to birth my 2nd baby and pls can DH apply for his own Visa without us going with him to the embassy?

Thank you for your response in anticipation.
Yes you can still use the visa, the important thing here is that you get into the US before the visa expires, what you should concern yourself with is the duration of stay that the CBP officer stamps you in for at Poe.
Yes, your husband can apply without you going with him, infact you won't be allowed to go in with him if you are not applying together with him.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blossom101: 7:31pm On May 24, 2019
Thank you so much for your response.... I appreciate. Thank you.

dere5:

Yes you can still use the visa, the important thing here is that you get into the US before the visa expires, what you should concern yourself with is the duration of stay that the CBP officer stamps you in for at Poe.
Yes, your husband can apply without you going with him, infact you won't be allowed to go in with him if you are not applying together with him.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 7:35pm On May 24, 2019
blossom101:
Thank you so much for your response.... I appreciate. Thank you.

Is your husband’s application going to be related to this particular birthing? Was this your visa issued for birthing purpose?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by blossom101: 8:06pm On May 24, 2019
Yes pls, my Visa is for birthing purpose which I used for my first baby in April, 2018. So I'm fee weeks gone now and hoping to use it again before it expires.

DH is applying because I, my toddler and new little one will need him to bring us back home after delivery. Pls note: he's travel history is only the family Dubai trip we went for.

OmoBendel24:

Is your husband’s application going to be relaxed to this particular birthing? Was this your visa issued for birthing purpose?

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.