Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164314 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 12:58pm On May 31, 2019
meelife:
For Point of entry, which is better with less drama from CBP officers,New york JFK or Atlanta?
I've used both and actually think both are the same.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by meelife: 2:23pm On May 31, 2019
Ok,
Thank you.
dere5:

I've used both and actually think both are the same.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2019
perfumery:

Good Day Fam,
Please this is my first comment here,i have been a silent follower as i do not know how to post here..I hope i am not flaunting any rules here.

Please i am planning to have my baby in US .I will be staying at Lawrenceville in Atlanta.
I sent a mail to the email above for Gwinette here is the response i got....

Greetings,

Patients utilizing the services at Gwinnett Medical Center will be expected to pay the following deposits prior to delivery:

• Normal Vaginal Delivery $6,000.00**this is a deposit only.
• Cesarean $15,000.00**this is a deposit only.
• The deposits reflect a 40% discount of average total charges for well mom and baby care only.
• Patients who do not pay the deposit prior to admission will not be eligible for a 40% reduction.
• The 40% adjustment will reflect on a patients account once payment is received on all outstanding accounts (mother and baby).
• Any additional charges incurred must be paid within 30 days of discharge and will be eligible for the 40% discount once paid in full during the 30 day period.
• No extensions will be allowed for the discount.
• Refunds due to a patient will be processed and sent to the patient within two weeks.
• Gwinnett Medical Center does not offer package pricing for deliveries. Prices are based on level of care and length of stay. On average, patients who experience a normal vaginal delivery and remain in our facility for 2 days incur charges from $8,000 to $10,000. Patients who deliver by cesarean who remain in our facility for 4 days incur charges from $20,000 to $25,000. Please note that these are estimated charges only and as previously stated, charges are based on level of care and length of stay.
• These prices include well baby care only and additional charges will be added if a baby is cared for in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Receiving care in our Neonatal Unit will also result in a separate bill from Gwinnett Neonatology. Nursery charges for baby start at $2,000. for the first day.
• Payments must be made in advance using a credit card or certified funds.
A Senior Financial Counselor can be reached by calling 678-312-4406. To expedite your request please email our team at financialcounselor@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org.
• Anesthesia bills must be handled with American Anesthesiology 866-507-5244.
** Referral line for doctors is 678-312-5000. You will need to call that number to find a doctor, schedule your prenatal care visit and inquire on their office visit fees.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

The charges listed in prior email are for hospital charges only. This does not include anesthesia, pediatrician fees, or OB physician fees.

Please i need help,i think this bill is high..biko help me o. ..my email is .dopeperf4u@yahoo.com..Any useful information would be appreciated.

IMO this is about average in terms of delivery costs. Albeit that might change from state to state. You may want to look at other states. Be mindful also that visa officers are now cracking down on delivery costs they feel are too low.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Patiencemom: 4:06pm On May 31, 2019
perfumery:

Good Day Fam,
Please this is my first comment here,i have been a silent follower as i do not know how to post here..I hope i am not flaunting any rules here.

Please i am planning to have my baby in US .I will be staying at Lawrenceville in Atlanta.
I sent a mail to the email above for Gwinette here is the response i got....

Greetings,

Patients utilizing the services at Gwinnett Medical Center will be expected to pay the following deposits prior to delivery:

• Normal Vaginal Delivery $6,000.00**this is a deposit only.
• Cesarean $15,000.00**this is a deposit only.
• The deposits reflect a 40% discount of average total charges for well mom and baby care only.
• Patients who do not pay the deposit prior to admission will not be eligible for a 40% reduction.
• The 40% adjustment will reflect on a patients account once payment is received on all outstanding accounts (mother and baby).
• Any additional charges incurred must be paid within 30 days of discharge and will be eligible for the 40% discount once paid in full during the 30 day period.
• No extensions will be allowed for the discount.
• Refunds due to a patient will be processed and sent to the patient within two weeks.
• Gwinnett Medical Center does not offer package pricing for deliveries. Prices are based on level of care and length of stay. On average, patients who experience a normal vaginal delivery and remain in our facility for 2 days incur charges from $8,000 to $10,000. Patients who deliver by cesarean who remain in our facility for 4 days incur charges from $20,000 to $25,000. Please note that these are estimated charges only and as previously stated, charges are based on level of care and length of stay.
• These prices include well baby care only and additional charges will be added if a baby is cared for in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Receiving care in our Neonatal Unit will also result in a separate bill from Gwinnett Neonatology. Nursery charges for baby start at $2,000. for the first day.
• Payments must be made in advance using a credit card or certified funds.
A Senior Financial Counselor can be reached by calling 678-312-4406. To expedite your request please email our team at financialcounselor@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org.
• Anesthesia bills must be handled with American Anesthesiology 866-507-5244.
** Referral line for doctors is 678-312-5000. You will need to call that number to find a doctor, schedule your prenatal care visit and inquire on their office visit fees.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

The charges listed in prior email are for hospital charges only. This does not include anesthesia, pediatrician fees, or OB physician fees.

Please i need help,i think this bill is high..biko help me o. ..my email is .dopeperf4u@yahoo.com..Any useful information would be appreciated.

Those costs (8k) are actually low. If you can't afford that and you're trying to go even lower you will not have much luck with the VO when they see you bringing cheap bills.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by perfumery(f): 9:05pm On May 31, 2019
Patiencemom:

Those costs (8k) are actually low. If you can't afford that and you're trying to go even lower you will not have much luck with the VO when they see you bringing cheap bills.

Thank you for your response...but the charges listed in prior message are for hospital charges only. This does not include anesthesia, pediatrician fees, or OB physician fees.

Do you think i should go ahead and use them?

I also contacted Emory in Atlanta but they insist i make all payments upfront before any embassy correspondence can be sent to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by perfumery(f): 9:06pm On May 31, 2019
TWoods:

IMO this is about average in terms of delivery costs. Albeit that might change from state to state. You may want to look at other states. Be mindful also that visa officers are now cracking down on delivery costs they feel are too low.

Thank you for your response...I have a place where i can stay in Atlanta. but the charges listed in prior message are for hospital charges only. This does not include anesthesia, pediatrician fees, or OB physician fees.

I also contacted Emory in Atlanta but they insist i make all payments upfront before any embassy correspondence can be sent to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 2:18am On Jun 01, 2019
perfumery:

Thank you for your response...I have a place where i can stay in Atlanta. but the charges listed in prior message are for hospital charges only. This does not include anesthesia, pediatrician fees, or OB physician fees.

The decision is yours to make. Do what you feel is right but i'm sure the more experienced mothers here can provide a nugget or two that can help. Birthing in the US isn't cheap at all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 4:40am On Jun 01, 2019
They haf come again shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akorkor(f): 6:33am On Jun 01, 2019
TripleKMama:
They haf come again shocked shocked

Smh for US embassy. Who’s chasing them. They should calm down mbok. I still don’t know why we keep going to their embassy with the rate of high denials dashing them out hard earned money.

They still keep giving people that would not return to their home country and denying people that have no reason to stay in their country.

God bless Nigeria!!! US embassy , una go Dey alright las las.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AAESO: 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
Akorkor:

Smh for US embassy. Who’s chasing them. They should calm down mbok. I still don’t know why we keep going to their embassy with the rate of high denials dashing them out hard earned money.

They still keep giving people that would not return to their home country and denying people that have no reason to stay in their country.

God bless Nigeria!!! US embassy , una go Dey alright las las.

Their piss taking is on another level now u knw, I totally agree with u I dnt knw why we keep going back to them.may God heal this our land (Nigeria).
A friend and her mum(70 yrs) went to renew their visas last week,they were refused.according to the VO 'the last time you got your visa together but you didn't travel together at this time you don't qualify for another visa'. Can you just imagine! Now they are using us to play ping-pong in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
@Oke2017 and all, i am planning for my wife to give birth in California. Please i need your opinion on St francis. I have seen advise on Parkview hospital riverside, what do you suggest? Are there affordable accomodation around? Appreciate your response. Please drop suggestions.
Oke2017:
In the spirit of giving back ��� (extremely tired i know after today i no go see road do anything on nairaland)

So i came in through LAX via Emirates today 9th of March ... flight from Lagos to Dubai was very good! Got a good seat and plane no even full so me and my bump just occupy 3seat.

Got to Dubai at 5'30am... walked for 15min to my departure gate.
Board the second leg to California at 8'30am

After 16hrs on air finally made it to LAX at 1'30pm.. airport was dry.

Cbp : what are you here for?
Me: Childbirth
Cbp: why?
Me: for my baby to access the US dual citizenship
Cbp: so you want an American baby
Me: who doesnt? *with a smile*
Cbp: how much do you have?
Me: $3000 cash and $12k in my bank cards
Cbp : follow me

I just know its secondary inspection, na so i follow am. Gave my passport to amother officer, after waiting for 20min heard my name

Cbp2 : How are you? *with a smile*
Me : pregnant and fine
Cbp2 : laughs, passport please
Me: gave him
Cbp2 : Dr's appointment
Me : gave him
Cbp2 : types for 5min
Me: do you want the hospital bill? Hotel reservation and itinerary? (Cause i was very tired)
Cbp2 : yes please
Me: hands it over
Cbp2 : your hospital is at Inglewood, why stay at Bakersfield
Me : Ive always loved woodspring hotels and the only one closer to the hospital is at Bakersfield (1hr drive to the hospital
Cbp2 : thats reasonable... do you have anyone here to help when baby comes?
Me : Nope.. my husband is coming in April.. but i dont know when exactly.. he loves to surprise me
Cbp2 : laughs.. i do that also to my wife, anyways i hope he comes so you dont go crazy doing it all alone.
Me: He has no choice
Cbp2: have an amazing delivery.. by the way what are you having?
Me : told him
Cbp2 : Said wow. Congrats (and hands me back my doc)

I was too tireeeeeeeeeed .. i literally crawled out of the airport.

My box wasnt checked though.

Using St Francis and Dr M.. my appointment is on the 13th of March. Right now im in bed.. tired and grateful.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
US now seeking social media details from all visa applicants. shocked

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department is now requiring nearly all applicants for U.S. visas to submit their social media usernames, previous email addresses and phone numbers. grin

https://news.yahoo.com/us-now-seeking-social-media-details-visa-applicants-150538187--finance.html
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 6:57am On Jun 02, 2019
skdfu747:
US now seeking social media details from all visa applicants. shocked

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department is now requiring nearly all applicants for U.S. visas to submit their social media usernames, previous email addresses and phone numbers. grin

https://news.yahoo.com/us-now-seeking-social-media-details-visa-applicants-150538187--finance.html

This isn't new
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 9:30am On Jun 02, 2019
It is actually a new directive for ALL applicant whether immigrants or non-immigrants. It was been used before for applicant that requires special scrutiny

overlord77:

This isn't new
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TripleKMama: 10:43am On Jun 02, 2019
It is indeed very new. I've never had to fill anything like this before. Maybe they did their investigations secretly but now it's in the open. No speculations.

Anyway, I cant I rmbr all my Facebook usernames used in d past. Mscheww.

But Why do people always wanna oppose other people's ideas tho? I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions.

overlord77:

This isn't new

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sheilchi(f): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
AAESO:

Their piss taking is on another level now u knw, I totally agree with u I dnt knw why we keep going back to them.may God heal this our land (Nigeria).
A friend and her mum(70 yrs) went to renew their visas last week,they were refused.according to the VO 'the last time you got your visa together but you didn't travel together at this time you don't qualify for another visa'. Can you just imagine! Now they are using us to play ping-pong in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oke2017: 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ace2013:
@Oke2017 and all, i am planning for my wife to give birth in California. Please i need your opinion on St francis. I have seen advise on Parkview hospital riverside, what do you suggest? Are there affordable accomodation around? Appreciate your response. Please drop suggestions.

Accommodation in Riverside is quiet expensive, I don’t know about Lynwood (St Francis) I stayed at Inglewood Blvd, you should check Airbnb though. Also regarding st Francis, hope you know the bill is low, same as Parkview hospital. A friend of mine got in 2days ago, she has requested for the full bill and was given a quote of $13,808 that’s hospital bill (vagina delivery)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 6:54am On Jun 03, 2019
With the recent ban on Dropbox option, it has become imperative to spread the news and make everyone aware that our little actions, could have brought it about.

Check this out

https://youtu.be/8gvgRfjhisA

I can't believe that some people still have babies and run away with unpaid bills. embarassed Dem swear for us?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jaykinde: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2019
Can I Dm you

quote author=Ardunolarh post=78599338]hello all, was just notified that visa on arrival has been cancelled for minors and travel date from US is 26th May.

Can anyone kindly help with information on how to go about ETC ( Emergency Travel certificate) application quickly and how long does it take.

If your flight is not a direct flight can you still use ETC ?

Thank you all[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tiyanya: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good day everyone, who has applied for visa on arrival recently, i sent a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng and the replied with a link to apply through innovate... upon completion of the application they said i have to register my card for payment that one can no longer pay cash at the airport. Please can any one shed more light on this...i downloaded my bank statement and registered my card, they replied with a rejection mail tgat the bank statement must have my card details, my card details doesn't show on my statement.... can anyone advice please...the Nigerian immigration can do better tgan this, than making life miserable for someone, I have been on this all day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2019
Thanks for the info Oke2017.
Oke2017:

Accommodation in Riverside is quiet expensive, I don’t know about Lynwood (St Francis) I stayed at Inglewood Blvd, you should check Airbnb though. Also regarding st Francis, hope you know the bill is low, same as Parkview hospital. A friend of mine got in 2days ago, she has requested for the full bill and was given a quote of $13,808 that’s hospital bill (vagina delivery)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tiyanya: 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2019
Please i need assistance, how did you go about the visa on arrival appl8cation. We are due to return in 3dats. Help a sister
Wumzybabe:
Please help a sister, I am having difficulties to fill the visa on arrival form. It keeps choosing business as my visa type, are there others ways of filling the form or getting approval. We are due to return in 3 days time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tiyanya: 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2019
A sister needs help, i sent a mail, i got the automated reply to go through the link and apply, after applying online, i was told I have to pay online as cash is no longer accepted, and I can't use my card frr my new born baby that doesn't even have a bank Account yet..what's the way to go about this..we are due to return in three days
Elo2020:

Hello
Just send an application for visa on arrival email & attached your passport bio date page, husband’s, baby’s & your travel itinerary to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng
They should reply you & send your approval letter but might not be immediately.
I didn’t know there was a form you could fill online, just hearing about it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Jun 03, 2019
Tiyanya:
A sister needs help, i sent a mail, i got the automated reply to go through the link and apply, after applying online, i was told I have to pay online as cash is no longer accepted, and I can't use my card frr my new born baby that doesn't even have a bank Account yet. .what's the way to go about this..we are due to return in three days

Why not? Use your card and make the payment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2019
Tiyanya:
A sister needs help, i sent a mail, i got the automated reply to go through the link and apply, after applying online, i was told I have to pay online as cash is no longer accepted, and I can't use my card frr my new born baby that doesn't even have a bank Account yet..what's the way to go about this..we are due to return in three days

Huh

justwise:

loool!...Beats me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tiyanya: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
Not my fault o, i sent a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov ng, i got an automatic email GOOD DAY, YOUR APPLICATION IS ACKNOWLEDGED,HOWEVER YOU ARE KINDLY ADVISED TO FORWARD YOUR APPLICATION FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL TO THE WEB BASE THROUGH THE LINK BELOW. So i went to the link filled the form(mind you it's only business visa they have there, part of the th8ngs to upload includes letter of introduction, letter of invitation etc, i only just uploaded my LO's passport, mine, DH, and LO's BC). They also stated on the site that cash won't be accepted one has to pay online, trust me, it's very vague I don't know hat to do. I don't know if anyone has used this new method

justwise:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tiyanya: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
No be my fault
Beautyaddy:

Huh

loool!...Beats me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AyaAremu: 9:17am On Jun 04, 2019
Hello all,

Hope everyone is enjoying the break and Happy Sallah to my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Please I need an urgent response to this....

My hubby applied for Dropbox for 24th April and hasn't gotten a feedback till now,he needs to use his passport for an international exams coming up and he has requested they return it even if it means starting the visa process all over again but he got auto response of a reply in 5working days which is keeping it too close to the exams.

Is there any other thing he can do for him to get his passport out as that is the only valid means of identification for the exams.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mizGene(f): 11:50am On Jun 04, 2019
AyaAremu:
Hello all,

Hope everyone is enjoying the break and Happy Sallah to my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Please I need an urgent response to this....

My hubby applied for Dropbox for 24th April and hasn't gotten a feedback till now,he needs to use his passport for an international exams coming up and he has requested they return it even if it means starting the visa process all over again but he got auto response of a reply in 5working days which is keeping it too close to the exams.

Is there any other thing he can do for him to get his passport out as that is the only valid means of identification for the exams.

Wow...since 24th Apr and here I am 7th May and hoping for a miracle sad I may just do a recall asap, 5 working days is a long time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.