Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era (12273 Views)

My Relationships Don't Last / Is This Why Relationships Are Stressful? / LASTING LONG IN BED Is Fùcking Easy. Don't Be Lazy. See How [PICTURE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by pocohantas(f): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
CorGier:

Meninists, I think.

Menist grin grin
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by mrMeen(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
pocohantas:
Menist have overtaken the thread. Women are the problem, men are near perfect. Women change o!!! grin
which one is menist again is it the opposite of feminist.
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
Rukkydelta:
It's so funny that most guys here just put the blame solely on the opposite gender like all guys are saints
Don't mind them blaming feminism and all that,but their pride or ego is not a problem.They are just feeling bad that they really can't oppress a woman again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
pocohantas:

Menist grin grin

Anyhow you like it babes.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by dasparrow: 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2017
Relationships especially as practiced in Nigeria can lead one to an early grave. Just take a look on Nairaland's front page and see the threads of women killed by their husbands. If these women were single, they probably would still have been alive today. Relationships of today are a scam.

1 Like

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
ubunja:

people dont understand how hard it is for men to control the urge to simp.simping is a very real temptation.when a gal fvcks up and looks at you with that innocent-guilty face it takes a man of real character to look at her and tell her, straight-faced : "fix your mistake."
most men will just hold the gal close and assure her its all OK and blah blah.meanwhile inside the guy is pissed. then the guy goes out to his buddies to hangout; only for him to snap at the first guy that makes a joke at him.that sh!t needs to stop. vent your anger to the one who provoked you.if your woman drops your phone and crack its screen dont tell her its OK only to explode all over some poor soul on the street who shoves you a little by mistake.its wrong.
hold women to account.it makes you High Value. coz you set a standard that women then feel challanged to meet.women also love to impress a guy. it turns them on.

if u watch movies a lot u have heard women many times repeat one sentence over and over again:
PUNISH ME DADDY; I'VE BEEN A BAD GIRL.
yes.women love it when a man holds them to a set of rules.its very masculine.and alpha.

yeah right, but they will never admit to this openly mind. Not that we expect them to, though. Their actions speaks louder.

Ex once told me I made her do some crazy kinky stuffs she never thought she would (meaning, even if she enjoyed it - prolly more than me even - that she takes zero responsibility in acts which questions her idea of herself)
I, in turn, told her she brought them out of me.
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by ReinaFarine: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
Chai...
See the trend of guys and their answer to a simple question... Why doesn't nowadays relationship last?
- People are too much in a rush to get into one they are not matured enough to fight for one: , Everybody thinks a relationship is the true source of happiness. And even though we are not matured enough to be independent, We think relationship is going to grow us up. And relationship is more of I need someone to give me #20,000 monthly, I need a pretty gal on my arm, I need someone to call me at night and I need a bii for the social media. All the perceived glamour of relationship doesn't tell you it is truly about being able to make your spouse a better.person than he/she was when they met you.

You think girls ate ugly, tell her about beauty schools, exercise routine, facial and skin treatment, make up tips and tricks. You think guys ate broke, tell him about investment opportunities, savings, job opportunities and creation options, skill acquisitions, professional and academic courses. Until a relationship is more than candy, flowers and barney entertainment, the couple are just dating and not yet in a relationship.

If you can't tell your partner when he or she is in the wrong, then you don't actually love that person enough to make him/her a better version of their current state.

I am in love with an amazing man right now and I can say love is compatibility and comfortability. You ate compatible enough to give him what he needs in the way he wants it.

Relationship.don't last because people date for sex and social media rather than for comfort and mutual growth.

A relationship can never be at its best without feminism... I know little boys will not understand. A woman will never be able to express her opinion (a times smarter than the common notion) if she's not allowed a say in the home. A man can never realise his full potential if he doesn't allow his partner that knows all.of his strength and weakness tell him where and how he can build on himself.

But delude yourself into comparing one night stand, friends with benefits, and babymamaism with the true pleasures of having completion in your partner...

You think Bill gates will be a better person without Melinda... Barrack without his Michelle, hell Good luck without his Patience... Then I suggest you have a rethink.... But when you keep picking your choice of partner of physical things like beauty, money, and sexual appeal rather than, intellect, character, maturity and dreams, you will continue ending up with amateur wannabe Kardashians. So to each his or her own.

You can't go to the market to buy bitter kola and complain every thing in the market is bitter... Did you ask for honey?

I know ladies are more pressured into marriage and family than the guys...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by ubunja(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
CorGier:

yeah right, but they will never admit to this openly mind. Not that we expect them to, though. Their actions speaks louder.

Ex once told me I made her do some crazy kinky stuffs she never thought she would (meaning, even if she enjoyed it - prolly more than me even - that she takes zero responsibility in acts which questions her idea of herself)
true.
women live by excuses and passing the blame to the next person.if u are super-smart u can hack into this weakness of theirs.
a woman has 2 hearts, one in her pvssy controlled by mother-nature (that thirsts after the Badboy) ;and the other in her chest controlled by Society (that dreams of the Gentleman) .and a woman's entire life is a struggle for supremacy between these two hearts.the pvssy always wins by giving her heart/conscience the most ridiculous excuses for doing dirty things. women are always willing to do the most debasing stuff but just need someone to give them a reason to.then they take that reason and use it to convience themselves to do that thing (we call that the Hamster Principle) .u see it when a gal comes to Nairaland and ask: "My boss wana fvck me, is it OK? ". now she knows already she wants her boss' dick;but what she needs ARE REASONS TO DO IT from people's contributions.so other hoes will give her a variety of reasons to do the deed.then she takes those reasons and tells them to herself until she believes them.then she fvcks her boss. that way her conscience doesnt trouble her and she can sleep at night.
hacking that weakness pays a lot.i once had a friend who did that .he would talk to a gal then ask that they have sex. to which the shocked gal would respond :"i dont have sex with people i dont know" or "i dont have sex unless with my man". to which the guy countered with: "its not sex if its with a condom" or "its not sex if we dont kiss" or " its not sex if u dont tell" LOOOL the most hilarious excuses u can tell a gal. and wonder of wonders!!! many gals fell for those.and he got quiet a good number to have sex with him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
ubunja:

.u see it when a gal comes to Nairaland and ask: "My boss wana fvck me, is it OK? ". now she knows already she wants her boss' dick;

Haha true that, you got me laughing read hard brah. They won't like this tho, just watch em come for yo head.
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by kelechiMarie(f): 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
Relationships don't last long because we are selfish, irresponsible and very much unwilling to take the blames for our mistakes. On nairaland here, no matter what happens it is usually the fault of the woman , in some other places it's vice versa. This generation has unrealistic expectations, we want our lives to be some sort of reality show. Many guys are superficial, they want to be playboys; have women at their beck and call and at the same time want that special woman who will love them unconditionally. Many girls want the money and all that but are still looking for true love or whatever. This new generation ignites quickly and also burns out as easy, nobody wants to be friends first. We have invented terms like the friendzone, to slyly imply that if you don't get down to action quickly you're a loser of some sorts.
It's always funny to me when someone gives the excuse being heartbroken to break other hearts, honey it is a vicious cycle; the person who broke your heart was probably a nice girl too once upon a time and you are also going to break a nice person's heart and turn them to a monster. I have been broken , I have been assaulted but I refuse to let that cloud my judgement because I know good people still exist. That's the problem with us, we allow our experience to determine our default settings, I say we're all fuckin.g cowards who are too afraid to love or commit.
Let us keep on with the blame games and take no responsibility and let's clink glasses to more "broken" hearts

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
CorGier:

Its the society dear. By manipulating and feminizing men they can control us easily can't you see? That's why they will happily separate kids from their fathers, leaving young boys to grow up without a father figure.
They would eventually turn to drugs, booze and weed. And there you have it - a population of effeminate men too drunk and high to challenge authority.

On your last point, we can agree. At first I thought it wise to ignore you when you said I perceived all girls as hoes, when in fact I was advocating for men to never take you lots too seriously in relationships, cos y'all can't just help yourselves in always falling below our expectations.

But I feel you though, a relationship is most fulfilling when each significant other perceives the other as an equal. Though we both know a man and a woman can never be equals, but you get my point.
First, @a population of effeminate men too high and drunk to challenge authority. Is it authority you want the men to challenge or the ladies who are manipulating them?

Second, from your earlier write up sir, one can deduce that you perceived men as hoes. Even though I didn't call it that directly but the point was that you said & are still saying that women shouldn't be taken too seriously. Why is what I don't know. And what are those your expectations we always fall below? Just curious.

Third, yeah, I get your point. I also don't believe, (I'm not sure I ever will) that a man & woman should be equal. I only believe in fairness and respect of our individual differences.
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
CorGier:

Lol grin
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
kelechiMarie:
Relationships don't last long because we are selfish, irresponsible and very much unwilling to take the blames for our mistakes. On nairaland here, no matter what happens it is usually the fault of the woman , in some other places it's vice versa. This generation has unrealistic expectations, we want our lives to be some sort of reality show. Many guys are superficial, they want to be playboys; have women at their beck and call and at the same time want that special woman who will love them unconditionally. Many girls want the money and all that but are still looking for true love or whatever. This new generation ignites quickly and also burns out as easy, nobody wants to be friends first. We have invented terms like the friendzone, to slyly imply that if you don't get down to action quickly you're a loser of some sorts.
It's always funny to me when someone gives the excuse being heartbroken to break other hearts, honey it is a vicious cycle; the person who broke your heart was probably a nice girl too once upon a time and you are also going to break a nice person's heart and turn them to a monster. I have been broken , I have been assaulted but I refuse to let that cloud my judgement because I know good people still exist. That's the problem with us, we allow our experience to determine our default settings, I say we're all fuckin.g cowards who are too afraid to love or commit.
Let us keep on with the blame games and take no responsibility and let's clink glasses to more "broken" hearts
A million likes for this. You put as clearly as if you were there when I said these same words a long time ago.

@refusing to let bad experiences cloud your judgement cos you believe good people exist, it's exactly same mentality I have. No amount of heartbreak is enough to make me so bad I will turn a monster. I still believe there are genuinely good people out there who have refused to join the band wagon irrespective of their bad experiences.

@ being cowards who are afraid to love & commit, I couldn't agree more too. I have told a friend this same thing before. All of us are here complaining about men and women alike. Yet noone is bold enough to try again. Including me grin
I tire abeg!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 7:13pm On Dec 27, 2017
ubunja:

thats like saying a husband and wife must not be called husband and wife coz any moment they can divorce.
If you say so. But I think they are different
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
sirBLUNT:
if been "selective" is term as been a perfectionist then am afriad am guilty too but unfortunately there is a big disparity so am not guilty..but dont you think you're been hard on guys?mayb you should try and be a little bit soft...and give a chance to a "perfect gentleman" and nt a "perfect man"
Lol....I don't know if I'm selective or a perfectionist. Maybe I'm both or one of the two but definitely, not none grin

How do you know I'm being hard on guys? I'm not. I'm actually softer than you'd think tongue

I actually want a perfect gentleman. You know where I can find him? cool
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

First, @a population of effeminate men too high and drunk to challenge authority. Is it authority you want the men to challenge or the ladies who are manipulating them?
Well, you asked who were the people putting women on pedestals, hence my reply and why.
MissJoy29:

Second, from your earlier write up sir, one can deduce that you perceived men as hoes. Even though I didn't call it that directly but the point was that you said & are still saying that women shouldn't be taken too seriously. Why is what I don't know. And what are those your expectations we always fall below? Just curious.

If you recall, I stated earlier that in dealing with women, they best be treated as kids. That way you get to accept them the way they are and not get stuck in the "anger phase", perpetually blaming and hating on women after every heartbreak.
All women are biologically and evolutionarily wired to behave/act in a certain way under certain circumstances.
Once a man realises this; beefing some ex-lover over what she did or failed to do years ago, becomes futile. I'm not saying being hurt by that special should hurt any less though, no, but you get to realize that she's first of all a woman, then your soulmate.
I think I've tried, Ma.
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by sirBLUNT: 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Lol....I don't know if I'm selective or a perfectionist. Maybe I'm both or one of the two but definitely, not none grin

How do you know I'm being hard on guys? I'm not. I'm actually softer than you'd think tongue

I actually want a perfect gentleman. You know where I can find him? cool
of course i know where you can find him he is everywhere just look arround joy...he is probably thinking about you right now...
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
CorGier:

Well, you asked who were the people putting women on pedestals, hence my reply and why.

If you recall, I stated earlier that in dealing with women, they best be treated as kids. That way you get to accept them the way they are and not get stuck in the "anger phase", perpetually blaming and hating on women after every heartbreak.
All women are biologically and evolutionarily wired to behave/act in a certain way under certain circumstances.
Once a man realises this; beefing some ex-lover over what she did or failed to do years ago, becomes futile. I'm not saying being hurt by that special should hurt any less though, no, but you get to realize that she's first of all a woman, then your soulmate.
I think I've tried, Ma.
I agree with all you said on the condition that everything you wrote up there is also true when reversed. ie vice versa. Agreed?

I think I have tried too sir cool
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 8:15pm On Dec 27, 2017
sirBLUNT:
of course i know where you can find him he is everywhere just look arround joy...he is probably thinking about you right now...
Ah! Holy Spirit! Show him to me please
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by sirBLUNT: 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:
Ah! Holy Spirit! Show him to me please
you're trying me oo go away joor!
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2017
sirBLUNT:
you're trying me oo go away joor!
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

I agree with all you said on the condition that everything you wrote up there is also true when reversed. ie vice versa. Agreed?

I think I have tried too sir cool

nah, men ain't driven by emotions. I like the way you think tho, maybe I should start pushing this sapiosexual thingy about too.
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
CorGier:

nah, men ain't driven by emotions. I like the way you think tho, maybe I should start pushing this sapiosexual thingy about too.
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by sirBLUNT: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:
tongue tongue tongue
hahaha...you better take a deep breath..it takes two to tango you know
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
CorGier:

But everyone is driven by emotions sometimes in life. Though some people (women) are driven more than the others (men).

What is this sapiosexual thingy you wanna start pushing about?
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
sirBLUNT:
hahaha...you better take a deep breath..it takes two to tango you know
Yeah it does. And I'm waiting for him for us to tango. Please tell him. wink
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by sirBLUNT: 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Yeah it does. And I'm waiting for him for us to tango. Please tell him. wink
how do i tell him when you dont even know what you want?

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2017
sirBLUNT:
how do i tell him when you dont even know what you want?

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Haba! Just tell him first. We will discuss in private tongue
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by sirBLUNT: 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Haba! Just tell him first. We will discuss in private tongue
hahaha..you're damn crazy...
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by MissJoy29(f): 9:34pm On Dec 27, 2017
sirBLUNT:
hahaha..you're damn crazy...
Oh, I am! tongue
Re: Why Relationships Don't Last Long In This Era by sirBLUNT: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissJoy29:

Oh, I am! tongue
yea all bulls are crazy its a natural something..got a deal breaker?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

She Lost Her Virginity To Another Man After Promising Me . . / What Are You Giving Your Boyfriend This December? / How To Say That In Yoruba?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.