Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,424 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Nigerian Men, you Are Confused - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men, you Are Confused (52006 Views)

MEN!! You Are An IDIOT If You Accept A Cheating Gf Back!! This Is Why. (Photos) / When Angel Gabriel Asked You To Take A Picture With All The Men You Slept With / Dear Nigerian Women You Are Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 10:43pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Okay sir.

Madam na the last time be this oo nor dey call me sir again angry
Ladyhippolyta88:
Okay sir.

Madam na the last time be this oo nor dey call me sir again
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

Now u know where that word goes togrin

I prefer to even work with illiterate atleast they are willing to learn and get corrected too!
I also like to work with less intelligent people coz atleast they are not like those war front soldiers wey nor ready to even take correction!

I have genius friends for example. These are engineers,doctors etc. I run away from these dudes, Intelligent people always over-rationalize, it's very unhealthy

A home is not an academic instituition, hence intelligence has rather limited advantages when it comes to building a home. In the end it goes down to character of both parties. Qualities like temperance, communication, emotional stability, psyche, openess, free-mindedness counts and rank higher for me now than intelligence...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

Is there any other ladyhippolyta88 on this thread?grin
Ah many dey.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

Madam na the last time be this oo nor dey call me sir again angry

Madam na the last time be this oo nor dey call me sir again
I don hear.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
Beorn:

I can speak authoritatively that many Nigerian men of nowadays, especially the well educated ones, are not into this school of thought. Me for example, during my secondary school or university days, I had no problems with either an independent or dependent lady, but after school after seeing life from different binoculars, I've decided that a girl I'll marry has to be independent and working class.

Dating an independent girl is a turn on for me, an invigorating relationship. I find independent ladies attractive. I can never get jealous or intimidated by successful lady because that's exactly what I wish any lady I'll be with should aspire to be.

If I'm working and earning my money, the lady is earning hers too, why should I be jealous? I'm not in a relationship to control my fellow human. Even if she's earning more than me it shouldn't give her the guts to disrespect me when I do respect her. I'm fact, if she does, I'll call it quits and move on. There are other independent girls out there that respects their men. I find girls that are totally dependent on a guy very irritating. It's like a burden to me. When a girl is not always asking a guy for every little thing in a relationship, it brings respect for her. The average Nigerian girl will always be dependent, so when these modern educated men see a successful independent woman or a lady with bright future ahead, they don't joke with them.

Go to banks, companies, government parastatals, those independent, gainfully employed ladies are all hooked up. Who still needs a leech in this 21st century? Marriage or dating at this point in my life is more than just pussy. Pussy is cheap, so I need me more than that in a girl.
You have sense.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
ibkayee:
Yeah successful women tend to be more self confident, independent, assertive, emotionally stable, self sufficient etc than someone dependant on a man entirely financially and some find this intimidating because she can't be controlled as easily

They don't mind someone with a good career on paper and smart enough to not be considered stupid but they want that to be as far as it goes as the other traits give her more leverage to be able to challenge him

The other day one guy was telling me I have to accept that the man owns me because he feeds me etc and when I told him I have my own money he had no other argument

I've also met a lot of Nigerian men that don't have this mindset but the ones that do definitely outweigh them

The emboldened just to be clear, are we speaking of independent women or men?
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
Jupxter:

I have genius friends for example. These are engineers,doctors etc. I run away from these dudes, Intelligent people always over-rationalize, it's very unhealthy

A home is not an academic instituition, hence intelligence has rather limited advantages when it comes to building a home. In the end it goes down to character of both parties. Qualities like temperance, communication, emotional stability, psyche, openess, free-mindedness counts and rank higher for me now than intelligence...

Exactly!

Oil dey ur head!grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Ah many dey.
Eh eh make I first start with you first!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I don hear.
Eh eh good for u!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by tealaw(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
I can relate with what she said. I guilty of that shit. But...i cant stand naija girl wey get money, dey always hv attitude included. Ive seen oyinbo girls richer than their boyfriends but treat dem like kings. A rich woman with a gentle souls is to die for.

Temi otedola, how r u jare?
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

Exactly!

Oil dey ur head!grin

But intelligence with character is priceless !
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
greiboy:
This was what I was saying before that you dismissed.

"Financial independence shouldn't be about greater control in a relationship. it should be about the lady's financial freedom.

Any man not willing to give a lady greater freedom or dominance in a relationship will still find a way to make life hellish for her in that relationship. "

oh my God,Who said this?

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
Jupxter:

But intelligence with character is priceless !
Exactly! Infact u don close matter tonight!
Ladies and gentlemen,I hope the see this(espcially)ladies!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

Eh eh make I first start with you first!
Don't go there.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
LordKO:
Well, only small-minded men holds an opinion that women has only pussy to offer men. Also, they're the ones that believe that all independent women are not palatable to put up with.

That being said, believe you me that most men usually run away from independent women of bad ethical leanings - no sane man will ever run away from an independent woman of good ethical leanings - not because of inferiority complex, but because a woman of bad ethical leanings will automatically be/get worse if/when well placed financially or socially. The worst form of poverty out there isn't financial poverty but ethical poverty.

For example, a dependent conceited woman - there's nothing wrong with an outspoken woman, but believe you me that there's everything wrong with an opinionated/contentious woman - is hell enough to put up with then, you can only imagine what such a woman will become if she's financially and socially well/better placed than her man.

I doff my hat for all independent women of good ethical leanings.

You have spoken well!!!!!!

That is the crux of the matter, there are very very few women who wont get that way. And like i do say, money/wealth magnifies who you are!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by mhisbliss(f): 10:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
op has said it all, lemme make money so I can intimidate the confused nigerian men lol
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=Ladyhippolyta88 post=63667416][/quote] I said it
isn't that the exact thing another lady just confirmed
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Don't go there.
Hia,wasn't going to anywhere! Rather I was just about to start my little observation !
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Jman06(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
Xiadnat:
Thank you! For this expose.

This is all i have being trying to say and have being wanting to pen for long time in this forum.

This has been my experience with most Nigerian men even the ones that live Outside Africa/Nigeria.

Its the reason most of nigerian men will prefer ugly fat usually white foreigners who cater to their fragile and misplaced ego than marry a well educated good looking (Black)woman who is fierecely her own person. .

When you demand or challenge them to be better, they call you “difficult” or something similar.

Collectively, Nigerian men have misplaced ego/pride/stubborness because that same pride cannot be put to good use to better Nigeria as a country. . What it is really is low self esteem or self hatred in disguise.

Its a generational curse and stronghold that needs to be broken.

And yes! This write up extends to what i ahve observed in this forum too.

Very well said.

PS watch out tho, they are coming to burn you at stake.

The problem is that most black ladies who are financially up the ladder find it hard to come down to the level of the average guys. In fact, they treat the average guy with so much disdain that it even shows in the way they carry themselves when the guy is around them. So, the poor guy gets intimidated and runs for his dear life. Now this same guy now goes to do all whatnot to make the money, and afterwards the same lady that rejected him before would expect him to come back for her. That is not possible ! He has to look for the dependent lady who will atleast treat him like a human being.

How many ladies who are well to do can stoop to marry a struggling guy Only perhaps some who are already in their menopause.

Ladies need to change their mindset and understand that it must not be the man who provides for the family. Anybody who is blessed can pay the bills. Yes ! If you have that in mind, it will go a long way to improve your relationship with men because you will start paying more attention to the character of the guys you meet than their bank account. Am i implying that guys should leave financial responsibilities for their women No ! All i am saying is, stop giving out the impression that all you are after is a man who can carry your financial burdens even when you're already blessed. Many of you do that and it scares men away because, the man would rather settle for a poor lady who can be contented with what he has to offer than a rich one who will be difficult to satisfy with what he has.

It's your attitudes that scare men away, not really your achievements.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by ouzo1(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
mhisbliss:
op has said it all, lemme make money so I can intimidate the confused nigerian men lol

Abeg make the money for two
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
mhisbliss:

Ar tire for u oo abeg make money jorgrin
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

Exactly!
Infact u don close matter tonight!

Ladies and gentlemen,I hope the see this(espcially)ladies!

Character is the core...it's what everything else pours into, achievements, finance, beauty, character is the conduit that impactson the outlook of a relationship, marriage or home ! Nothing beats character. It's like imagination and knowledge combined in fine proportion...Like Knowledge is worth less without imagination, so is intelligence without fine character

Its attitude not altitude, character not achievements
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2017
Jupxter:

Character is the core...it's what everything else pours into, achievements, finance, beauty, character is the conduit that impactson the outlook of a relationship, marriage or home ! Nothing beats character. It's like imagination and knowledge combined in fine proportion...Like Knowledge is worth less without imagination, so is intelligence without fine character

Its attitude not altitude, character not achievements

If you want to get a girlfriend who will treat you well,
it's important that you learn to detect a
woman's character quickly.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by olaboy1: 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2017
But OP majority of the financially independent Nigerian women are not only full of pride but are also condescending.
I guess you would agree with me that the dialogue below is a common thing in Nigeria

“Tolani can you just imagine this low life guy who came to church on an Okada trying to ask me out on a date”

Nigerian men I believe have heard these kind of dialogues growing up far too many times, and therefore do their dating and mating selections in a way they are not caught up in this loop of egoistic women.

I worked under female senior managers and many of them acted very disrespectful to office assistants using all sorts of fake foreign accents to ridicule them. It’s hard to find financially independent male senior managers doing same thing to office assistants. The "terribleness" of the female SM was due to "attitude" as a result of power/wealth/position, and we had more cases of female SM’s slapping drivers. If you doubt me try and join the Uber thread and most negative riders feedbacks come from the so called “financially independent women”.

Also women generally have what I refer to as “follow the flock” mentality when dating, they do what their friends do, more like a social construct they must follow, they have been societally conditioned to date up and anything short of that is a no no...(reason why when a woman says she is going to use the toilet others follow). There are loads of fakers, who simply copy a behaviour, but have no unique persona.

Nigerian men don’t have big ego at such, given the opportunity I bet an Okada guy would gladly go on a date with a bank cashier.
So before you ask us to fix our huge ego and low self esteem, maybe you should ask Nigerian women not to treat their not so well off partners with utter disdain, because if I understand you correctly you seem to be saying financially independent Nigerian women are single because of the ego and low self esteem of Nigerian men and their big need to use money as a form of control in a relationship.

OP on a serious note, how financially independent are you on a scale of 1-10.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:03pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

Hia,wasn't going to anywhere! Rather I was just about to start my little observation !
Very good.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 27, 2017
Martin0:

If you want to get a girlfriend who will treat you well,
it's important that you learn to detect a
woman's character quickly.

how does on do this? i actually don't imagine most nigerian ladies have good character,....in all honesty
recently i meet one in church on a sunday, when i met her outside the church on the way to show i marvelled...two different personalities

Many families don't consdier character in the homes, so i can'expect many well-trained people in this country, in all honesty. Not in the case were one partner is an absentee parent
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
greiboy:
I said it

isn't that the exact thing another lady just confirmed
Actually I loved your comment that's all that was why I asked who said it.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Mhissgaga(f): 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
DrinkLimca:
There is nothing to talk about..

99.9% of guys in Nigeria that are in a relationship with Nigeria ladies, are actually managing the ladies..
And you think we aren't managing you guys too
The truth is that most of you are boring and there's nothing really exciting about you guys

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Very good.

Nwanya Mmadu easy oo!
Anyway to crash don dey come ooo,pesin need to go sleep make him for fit wakeup read later by 2am
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by pocohantas(f): 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
Jman06:
The problem is that most black ladies who are financially up the ladder find it hard to come down to the level of the average guys. In fact, they treat the average guy with so much disdain that it even shows in the way they carry themselves when the guy is around them. So, the poor guy gets intimidated and runs for his dear life.

He should keep running.
The loyalty of a broke man can never be trusted... grin

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Gerrard59(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
I agree with you but I believe that pay gap is possible.

Maybe in less developed societies like India and Nigeria, but in developed nations, it's a crime to pay a an individual less than the market's rate due to gender.

- Ladies generally earn more than men during the early stages of employment. But as they progress, get pregnant and become mothers, the males have progressed at a rapid pace. When these women come back, they have a lot of catching up to do.

- If the gender pay existed, companies will employ only or majorly females as it will cut costs - since they earn less. However, businesses don't.

- There are less females opting for fields where individuals are paid more; IT, Business management, Advanced engineering etc. There are more males in a typical Computer Science/Physics class than females, these grads are needed in these fields (where they pay very well) and as a result earn more than females. Yet again, if businesses were to discriminate against women, they will employ them to cut costs. But then, do these kind of businesses see them? Yes, but very few. Resulting in more men earning than women in the same sector (remember more men than women). The field where women come close and are more than (according to a study) is the medical sector.

- How come we're not seeing similar agitation for equal pay in fields like truck driving, fire service, nursing, teaching, daycare, fork lifters etc? What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

- Men due to nature and evolutionary development are built for excessive competition, and this result in them striving to earn more and work longer hours (this also result in earning more by being promoted quickly above others; women work less hours than men). Women also will not want to date men they earn more than (probably by a wide margin) (this is nature, however, things might be changing; but slowly). The average bartender cannot date a lady working in a bank (they might even date, but she won't desire to marry him). As a result, we see more men entering fields where they pay more and don't mind working longer hours to achieve this compared to women. Remember, men don't procreate. So motherhood doesn't come into their way.

Trust me, should teaching as a field start paying practitioners more than oil workers, more men will flock to teaching and we'll begin to see agitations for equal pay for both genders in teaching (even though to Marxists, there are 88 genders grin). Good news is: Market forces determine industry pay not emotions. The problem is: We've the third wave/generation feminists asking for what is illogical and making arguments that don't hold water talk more air.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2017/08/daily-chart
https://web.facebook.com/TheEconomist/videos/10156116222409060/
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2017
olaboy1:
But OP majority of the financially independent Nigerian women are not only full of pride but are also condescending.
I guess you would agree with me that the dialogue below is a common thing in Nigeria

“Tolani can you just imagine this low life guy who came to church on an Okada trying to ask me out on a date”

Nigerian men I believe have heard these kind of dialogues growing up far too many times, and therefore do their dating and mating selections in a way they are not caught up in this loop of egoistic women.

I worked under female senior managers and many of them acted very disrespectful to office assistants using all sorts of fake foreign accents to ridicule them. It’s hard to find financially independent male senior managers doing same thing to office assistants. The "terribleness" of the female SM was due to "attitude" as a result of power/wealth/position, and we had more cases of female SM’s slapping drivers. If you doubt me try and join the Uber thread and most negative riders feedbacks come from the so called “financially independent women”.

Also women generally have what I refer to as “follow the flock” mentality when dating, they do what their friends do, more like a social construct they must follow, they have been societally conditioned to date up and anything short of that is a no no...(reason why when a woman says she is going to use the toilet others follow). There are loads of fakers, who simply copy a behaviour, but have no unique persona.

Nigerian men don’t have big ego at such, given the opportunity I bet an Okada guy would gladly go on a date with a bank cashier.
So before you ask us to fix our huge ego and low self esteem, maybe you should ask Nigerian women not to treat their not so well off partners with utter disdain, because if I understand you correctly you seem to be saying financially independent Nigerian women are single because of the ego and low self esteem of Nigerian men and their big need to use money as a form of control in a relationship.

OP on a serious note, how financially independent are you on a scale of 1-10.

True @ power/wealth/position/beauty/acquisitions. It's huge toll for many guys to bear the weight which must times they are unaware about !

Yup @ societal conditioning caused by media, social media friends and work colleagues, There's a standard a guy must fit into even before he comes to the scene

Yup @ control the relationship -They should go for the gold diggers who will collect and act coy, but when he hammers, he hummers away cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? / 'Married Woman Chose Me As Her Secret Lover After Preaching To Me On Facebook'. / Ladies Share Some Of The Worst Things Men Have Done To Them, Very Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.