Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,354 members, 7,846,529 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Nigerian Men, you Are Confused - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men, you Are Confused (52010 Views)

MEN!! You Are An IDIOT If You Accept A Cheating Gf Back!! This Is Why. (Photos) / When Angel Gabriel Asked You To Take A Picture With All The Men You Slept With / Dear Nigerian Women You Are Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by WebSurfer(m): 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mhissgaga:

No...Lag but visit
Alright dear... hopefully you’ll get a picture up someday right ?
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mhissgaga:

Thank you for saying the truth
WebSurfer, Ladyhippolyta88, Jupxter, Martin0,Good night guys...DrinkLimca You are very funnycheesy

Oh ok abeg arrange d buvet I go join u soon!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mhissgaga:

Thank you for saying the truth
WebSurfer, Ladyhippolyta88, Jupxter, Martin0,Good night guys...DrinkLimca You are very funnycheesy

wink
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Mhissgaga(f): 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
WebSurfer:

Alright dear... hopefully you’ll get a picture up someday right ?
Lol
Will do that soon
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by WebSurfer(m): 11:51pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mhissgaga:

Lol
Will do that soon
Do Let me know
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 27, 2017
Mhissgaga:

Money??cheesy

It's the 'Mumu men' that i blame for always rewarding women with money for the possible possibility of having sex with them

I see a lot of poor guys roaming the street everyday...Guys that can't even brush and floss their teeth properlyundecided These are the same set of guys that will come online and say we can't live without them and their money...Which money??

Wake up!! This is 21st Century,women have so conditioned their mind to be financially independent....Any woman that waits for a man's money go hear am especially the broke ones screaming up and down on nairalandcheesy
Financial independence indeed..

Ladies that can't even kill mosquito

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
MissWrite:

Lmao! There's plenty room on the marble, so there's no reason to be competitive. smiley

To some extent, it does cut both ways. The chances of a broke girl staying broke and dependent after you marry her though, are greater than the chances of a broke guy staying broke. He's bound to upgrade himself and when a person has got money, you begin to see their true colors. But a more accurate comparison would be if a girl suddenly went from ugly to stunning. A guy would likely worry about her loyalty then. She may start to feel that she can do much better.
Wonderful analysis, but let me add something. The lady might start feeling superior(true colors) when she starts earning a better pay check than her husband. So You agree that it is definitely not just the imagination most men. grin
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by MissWrite(f): 12:08am On Dec 28, 2017
greiboy:
Wonderful analysis, but let me add something. The lady might start feeling superior when she starts earning a better pay check than her husband. So You agree that it is definitely not just the imagination most men. grin

It's not your (most men's) imagination, no. I agree with you, some girls don't have humility (that's their character flaw) and it begins to show when they are independent. But! Most guys are already so used to manipulating/disrespecting women with their money that they don't have an objective position on this. It won't take much for a woman to appear "arrogant" from their perspective, she only needs to refuse to be manipulated and she's seen as obstinate and disrespectful. I saw you quote Beyonce earlier, that's what that line was about: not attacking, but having your own so that you don't have to take the disrespect from guys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:12am On Dec 28, 2017
Gerrard59:

It made sense. The employees who bring more viewers to the screen deserve more than others. It is simple economics. You bring more clients, you get more paid. That is how showbizs work. It is same reason Nadal and Federer matches get more viewers than Anna Ivanovic vs Serena, and as such you cannot allocate more earnings to the females, when they brought less. No, it goes against meritocracy. Simple economics dictate how people should be paid not gender. If Wizkid gets invited to a show, ditto Cynthia Morgan. Who gets more? Wizkid, because he'll attract more spectators and tickets' buyers. Not Cynthia as she will bring less. What the vast majority of today's agitators are asking is for Cynthia to be paid same as Wizkid. Meanwhile, if it is Tiwa Savage, she will get same pay as Wizkid. Economics not emotions.

Yes, the originators of the computer industry are females. However, "I get before no be property". Who dominates the sector today? Men. Who constitutes more than 70% of Comp.Sci/Physics class? Men. Where do tech firms recruit from majorly? Comp.Sci/Physics/Maths' classes. Who earns more in tech firms? Coders. Who constitute more of coders? Men. Who are more likely to work long hours to finish a project? Men. Who is not affected by motherhood? Men. Why then should females earn more than males? Why do companies not employ only females since they earn less - thereby cutting employees' wages - propping up profits the more - sole aim of businesses?

The fight to encourage more women to enter the industry is commendable and in the right direction. However, you cannot force someone to study what she doesn't desire (I can understand cultural differences). If the majority of females desire less paying and stressful sectors than males even with the high pay in those sectors, then there is nothing one can do.

As for ladies marrying men they earn more than, that is an exception not the norm. I ask, what is the percentage?
Up to 20%,And nobody is forcing anyone they are just encouraging them some parents may not be able to afford to take those girls into science related courses hence the sponsorship and encouragement some of the ladies get.The BBC pay may be fair to you but they have females that have high viewership.It is just like saying Kelly Ripa does not get high viewership and should not be paid well.I am not bringing emotions here I also believe in meritocracy and we have females who have merited such and deserve good pays.The sport world would always bring the highest viewers,If you say it is simple economics playing out then if Wizkid is to invite Beyonce and Nicki minaj they would get the highest pay.As from what I know concerning equal pay nobody is asking that females be paid higher but that the credible ones be given an equal share.Yes men dominate the tech world no argument about that but I have seen the incredible works female technological experts have done and the work of a wonderful neuroscientist and the upcoming one expected to be shown on CNN inspirations this Saturday "our future world".And maybe because we have had women who have succeeded in male dominated field hence the clamour for more.I am sure CNN christiane amanpour earns a lot because that her programme has a lot of viewership.To you it is economics I agree but there seem to be gender bias in some areas hence the clamour for equal pay.The equal pay act was not established for no reason because it is still believed people are paid because of their gender and not on merit,which the equal pay activist are against and not only based on economics as you claim.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:19am On Dec 28, 2017
Jupxter:

All well, many ladies can't carry weight of many achievements without character flaws, it's a burden they don't have the character to carry. Carry is the burden bearer for future achievements. With humility comes the ability to carry greater expectation.See, if a lady earns 20k monthly and becomes proud as a result of her financial standing, what happens when she earns 500k per month?
Come nor bring lady matter come here again since for your dictionary na only ladies get character flaws.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by babasolution: 12:27am On Dec 28, 2017
Mhissgaga:

I tell you most men can't stand independent ladies especially single ladies that are buoyant financially

In their mind they'll be saying"This one go old for him papa house"

Do you think it's easy for a woman to go to work morning till night,keep the house clean,cook for a man and have sex with him?She's not some machine...The moment the woman stops doing some basic things they tag as 'feminine duties' or whenever she talks intelligently they quickly say she has bad characters. To crown it all Most men aren't helpful

Nigerian men if not all can't stand women that are more experienced than them and that's the truth...They need the 'Yes-Yes' kinda woman...The one that will not argue with them..The one that will agree completely to whatever they say whether right or wrong...Those ones that will be nodding their heads to all of their conversation

They keep saying Nigerian ladies are shallow minded...They beg for favours and all that, one moment she's quickly tagged a gold digger...Give them a smart woman the talk will change...They will say she has bad characters...She's proud...Isn't that hypocrisy

men naturally want submissive women period,its hardwired in men,why you women think its a problem is because what you see with the western world.but these western people arent normal,their men have been feminised especially as regards their thought pattern.thats y u probably observe that they are subservient to their women,and nigerian women are lusting for that,but it isnt normal,all other races of men subdue their women,its totally natural for men its not peculiar to nigerian men

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Gerrard59(m): 12:46am On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Up to 20%,And nobody is forcing anyone they are just encouraging them some parents may not be able to afford to take those girls into science related courses hence the sponsorship and encouragement some of the ladies get.The BBC pay may be fair to you but they have females that have high viewership.It is just like saying Kelly Ripa does not get high viewership and should not be paid well.I am not bringing emotions here I also believe in meritocracy and we have females who have merited such and deserve good pays.The sport world would always bring the highest viewers,If you say it is simple economics playing out then if Wizkid is to invite Beyonce and Nicki minaj they would get the highest pay.As from what I know concerning equal pay nobody is asking that females be paid higher but that the credible ones be given an equal share. Yes men dominate the tech world no argument about that but I have seen the incredible works female technological experts have done and the work of a wonderful neuroscientist and the upcoming one expected to be shown on CNN inspirations this Saturday "our future world".And maybe because we have had women who have succeeded in male dominated field hence the clamour for more.I am sure CNN christiane amanpour earns a lot because that her programme has a lot of viewership.To you it is economics I agree but there seem to be gender bias in some areas hence the clamour for equal pay.

20%? I will love to see that paper. Thanks. OK, let's assume it is true. That is a minority not majority. My postulation stands.

Yet again, I'm saying folks who bring in more revenues should earn more whether males or females. Market forces dictate it. If the female presenters believe they are not well paid, they have the prerogative to resign. If Beyonce and Wizkid are to perform in a show, I expect more spectators for Beyonce than Wizkid, invariably, expect her to earn more than Wizkid. I'm not looking at the gender here, rather the economics behind it. You've seen wonderful works from female scientists, ditto I, but did they say they earn less? What industry? Do they work more hours than the male folks and get paid less? Christiane earns more because she brings more viewers, did you see me write against that? Why? She brings in more viewers, hence, deserves the pay. If it were a man, same thing will happen. Now, should we compare her to the lad who doesn't bring in same viewership as she does and say CNN or the TV industry pays male presenters less? Economics not gender.

@Bolded: Remember, I said in developed nations - where no employer pays a lady less as that will be criminal. Question is: Since females earn less than males (or there is a bias towards females in wages earned), why is that firms do not overly employ females? Since doing so will cut costs?

No, we're not seeing the clamour for gender pay in male dominated fields because females excel in them. Rather, we're seeing it because these fields pay higher wages. Moreover, we've females driving trucks (in the minority like tech firms) - a male dominated field. How come there is no agitation for parity for equal pay? It is because the field pays less and is less glamorous.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Gerrard59(m): 1:10am On Dec 28, 2017
Jman06:
The problem is that most black ladies who are financially up the ladder find it hard to come down to the level of the average guys. In fact, they treat the average guy with so much disdain that it even shows in the way they carry themselves when the guy is around them. So, the poor guy gets intimidated and runs for his dear life. Now this same guy now goes to do all whatnot to make the money, and afterwards the same lady that rejected him before would expect him to come back for her. That is not possible ! He has to look for the dependent lady who will atleast treat him like a human being.

How many ladies who are well to do can stoop to marry a struggling guy Only perhaps some who are already in their menopause.

Ladies need to change their mindset and understand that it must not be the man who provides for the family. Anybody who is blessed can pay the bills. Yes ! If you have that in mind, it will go a long way to improve your relationship with men because you will start paying more attention to the character of the guys you meet than their bank account. Am i implying that guys should leave financial responsibilities for their women No ! All i am saying is, stop giving out the impression that all you are after is a man who can carry your financial burdens even when you're already blessed. Many of you do that and it scares men away because, the man would rather settle for a poor lady who can be contented with what he has to offer than a rich one who will be difficult to satisfy with what he has.

It's your attitudes that scare men away, not really your achievements.

Not so for the vast majority of Nigerian/NL men who insists on using Biblical quotes to claim "Head of the House". It's the hypocrisy the OP is talking about. Now you say women can take care of the bills, are you ready to babysit? Something has to substitute. As for the coloured question, females date/marry up; whether intelligent, financially independent, low class, less intelligent etc. It is nature and psychological.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Jman06(m): 1:25am On Dec 28, 2017
Gerrard59:

Not so for the vast majority of Nigerian/NL men who insists on using Biblical quotes to claim "Head of the House". It's the hypocrisy the OP is talking about. Now you say women can take care of the bills, are you ready to babysit? Something has to substitute. As for the coloured question, females date/marry up; whether intelligent, financially independent, low class, less intelligent etc. It is nature and psychological.
Well, in my own view marriage is a partnership between two adults with the aim of working together to achieve a prosperous family. I don't believe in head and neck concept of marriage. Also, i don't sincerely believe that any chore is reserved for a particular gender. In fact, my kind of guy wouldn't mind collecting the pregnancy from my wife to carry it if at at all it will be possible, let alone babysitting.

Your last paragraph kind of boil down to what i was saying. Women like to marry up even when they are financially stable, and this is the reason why guys will continue to marry down, so tell me why the op is now complaining.Isn't it clear enough why guys would rather marry down
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Come nor bring lady matter come here again since for your dictionary na only ladies get character flaws.

Yes mumy
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 1:58am On Dec 28, 2017
Gerrard59:

This isn't the context Sir "Head of the House", many women crave to be "the man", "the alpha" in the relationship these days, they feel being a wife and a mother as restrained and confined...This is the underlying cause of the problems thesedays
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 28, 2017
Safiaaa:
This is not to bash Nigerian Men at all. This is just an observation and I have every right to my opinion. I'm also not generalizing, talking about the majority.

Now I've observed something about most Nigerian men that I don't seem to understand. It baffles me and it's very distasteful. I've honestly come to the conclusion that you guys indirectly know what you want but cover it with deceit. I know every effing person has heard this phrase ' All Nigerian women bring to the table is pussy and nothing else, they're useless', but indirectly that's exactly what they want.

You see, a lot of Nigerian men have inflated fragile egos. They run after things that stroke their manhood, which is fine. The problem is that most of them are in denial. When a woman has nothing to offer but her pussy, she's dependent on you in every other aspect, especially financially. And as we all know most men find security and confidence in their pocket size. So when a woman depends on a man for her finances, it's almost like she's stroking his ego and confidence at the same time. He likes that superior/ dominant feeling. It's what most Nigerian men crave for. That financial dominance is a safety ego ground that they can always run back to.

On the other hand, when a women is financially independent got her life together and doing well for herself, what do Nigerian men do? Run the opposite direction. Why? Intimidation. Insecurity. Fear of feeling inferior. Calling her all sorts of names. A women who is independent will not NEED to beg you for money or ask you for anything. So in that case, they're not feeling as ' manly' as they would like. It burns them internally. Jealousy, envy and lies will begin to fall into the picture. If you don't agree with that you're on a long tin

So Nigerian men, stop being in denial. If you want a women who only offers her pussy and frequent emotional availability here and there, just be honest with yourself. A financially independent women is not for the emotionally weak minded. Indirectly, most of you want a woman who is financially dependent on you. You want that financial dominance, that superiority. My problem is that when she's offering that pussy to you, don't complain. Accept it like a ' man' and take on the financial responsibility. If not, change your class of women. Financially independent women should not intimidate you or scare you away. Go for the women who will compete with you in finances. The ball is in your hands, take responsibility for your damn actions, and stop acting confused all the time.

Dassal.

Op what you say it's true.

Now the question is how do u make a Nigerian man want you, approach you for a long term relationship?
The answer is this:

First lemme do a short intro, so u understand where am heading to:
am an independent career driven Buisness lady. I started my biz my company at the age of 27 and my late mum was my backbone. She was a successful business woman back in the days. I was very businesslike, no nonsense lady back then.

So I noticed truly men don't like to approach such working class successful ladies . I studied their character and I realized they prefer to marry Bimbos, then have us as side chicks to assist them mentally in handling their Buisness.

When I noticed it. I then decided to stop dressing like a serious minded lady. I wear more feminine soft colourful dresses, thank God I own my biz, so I can afford to look inbetween flirty and easy going with my work outfits.

Then 2ndly, I stopped footing my bills, especially 70percent of bills. Thank God the recession helped in that aspect. By low patronage and low sales, so technically I became broke, especially during the first year of buhari Regime. As I became broke , and I have bills to pay? I then transferred my financial demands to my male friends and admirers. They were happy to assist. U can see the pride, the manly look in a man's face when he is paying bills for a female friend or A lady. And when u sweetly thank them, like a pussycat cheesy they are all the more happy to go an extra mile.

Most men love to be incharge in every way possible. So give them the opportunity.

The more u say, u can pay your bills and take care of your needs without asking a dime for them. In their mind, they Wil smile and cancel u as a wife material.. Except fucvkboiz dem.

So successful career ladies, be soft , be flirty, be humble when displaying your intelligence to men.

Let them take charge, it charges up their batteries to 105%, deep down. So women in this category jusy relax and interact with men sweetly, u will notice their choices will then tilt towards soft flirty intelligent career women. wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Fkforyou(m): 3:20am On Dec 28, 2017
Well, As a man, placing your pride on the amount of money you have is risky and inappropriate.

True power lies in your ability to be in control of yourself and whatever situation you find yourself.

Learn this, and a financially independent woman would be the least of your problem because you got your shit together and therefore knows that she can't mess up.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 6:12am On Dec 28, 2017
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 6:13am On Dec 28, 2017
Jupxter:

Stop being friendly, choose one bra
Hian na wa ooo...
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 6:14am On Dec 28, 2017
Jupxter:

not Edo...i'm a Christian....tradition can kiss mah foot

Na wa for u oogrin Ok oo if u say so!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 6:15am On Dec 28, 2017
Jupxter:

BROS WE PRACTICE ALL THESE THINGS, I'M A COOL GUY LIKE YOU KNOW ME. IT'S ALWAYS TWO IT TAKES TO TANGO. LIKE DIVORCE, ONE PARTY USUALLY DO NOT MEET UP WITH THEIR OWN END OF THE BARGAIN

Yeah exactly..

If both party can meetup with the bargain then it surly will work!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 6:17am On Dec 28, 2017
Mhissgaga:
See ya life....May God help women grin
Amen!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 6:25am On Dec 28, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:

Babe reason am na!
U nor go compare una own to our own na that the more reason we are talking more on the ladies!
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 28, 2017
10 Tips for Happy Family Home

1. If your goal is to have a satisfying marriage with longevity, make sure you are accountable for the part you play in the relationship. When you are in denial about your part in the relationship then you are no better than a child flinging sand at another child in a sandbox. When you take responsibility for your part in the marriage, only then will you be able to connect with your partner in a mature, intimate way.

2. Research consistently shows that touching more creates a stronger bond by releasing oxytocin. Hold hands, rub shoulders, hug, kiss, give high-fives or even fist-bumps or bottom pats. When you give a quick hug or kiss, try to lengthen it to at least 5 or 10 seconds for more effective results!
Also Read: https://www.seyiblog.com.ng/2017/10/6-ways-to-approach-and-talk-to-girl-for.html

3. Learn how to agree to disagree. No two people agree on everything, and that's okay, but it's important to be okay with each other's differences.

4. Sometimes it's not about the amount of money you spend on a gift; it's about the thought that goes into something. Take the time to write a thoughtful note every so often saying what you love and appreciate about him/her. Drop it in his/her briefcase or purse so he/she will find it unexpectedly and it will brighten up his/her day.
Read more@ https://www.seyiblog.com.ng/2017/12/10-tips-for-happy-family-home.html?m=1

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Martin0(m): 6:35am On Dec 28, 2017
alexialin:

Op what you say it's true.

Now the question is how do u make a Nigerian man want you, approach you for a long term relationship?
The answer is this:

First lemme do a short intro, so u understand where am heading to:
am an independent career driven Buisness lady. I started my biz my company at the age of 27 and my late mum was my backbone. She was a successful business woman back in the days. I was very businesslike, no nonsense lady back then.

So I noticed truly men don't like to approach such working class successful ladies . I studied their character and I realized they prefer to marry Bimbos, then have us as side chicks to assist them mentally in handling their Buisness.

When I noticed it. I then decided to stop dressing like a serious minded lady. I wear more feminine soft colourful dresses, thank God I own my biz, so I can afford to look inbetween flirty and easy going with my work outfits.

Then 2ndly, I stopped footing my bills, especially 70percent of bills. Thank God the recession helped in that aspect. By low patronage and low sales, so technically I became broke, especially during the first year of buhari Regime. As I became broke , and I have bills to pay? I then transferred my financial demands to my male friends and admirers. They were happy to assist. U can see the pride, the manly look in a man's face when he is paying bills for a female friend or A lady. And when u sweetly thank them, like a pussycat cheesy they are all the more happy to go an extra mile.

Most men love to be incharge in every way possible. So give them the opportunity.

The more u say, u can pay your bills and take care of your needs without asking a dime for them. In their mind, they Wil smile and cancel u as a wife material.. Except fucvkboiz dem.

So successful career ladies, be soft , be flirty, be humble when displaying your intelligence to men.

Let them take charge, it charges up their batteries to 105%, deep down. So women in this category jusy relax and interact with men sweetly, u will notice their choices will then tilt towards soft flirty intelligent career women. wink

HmmmmMmmmmm wonder's they say shall never never end...

I don't believe in this discription of a man as u ve explained along the line...

This is the more reason why I talk about my Ex most here coz till dat am still proud of her and even my friend who married her is still and also proud of her...

Hmmmmm please,hmm well maybe there are men who act or think jus like you ve explained but if I see any men who act that way,honestly am gonna punch his brain!

Damm! How can a men be doing all these which u ve discribed?!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by VERDA: 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
Purebeerry:
That is not true my sister, they love being dominant and most of them love dependent lady, they derive joy from being the one to give, imagine a guy told a lady he is dating that he will be paying her school fees and caring for her school needs, its his responsibility even though the lady doesn't want him to,

now when this guy does that, he is indirectly massaging his ego and he feels he is dominant and in control.

A guy once told me he is not into working class ladies, that they are too full of themselves; they are arrogant, not submissive etc. Lmfao.

The OP has a very good point about the insecurity in a lot of men and all,you have a good point too,but I can relate to what the guy said about the arrogance of a lot of working class ladies(not generalizing),I and my aunt were talking about this same issue yesterday,there are a lot of assholes who call themselves men but generally speaking men feel responsible for their woman and act accordingly,a lot of women on the other part turn monsters and start disrespecting their man once they start earning much more,and I am talking about women that were once very humble and homely,its almost like wealth and power is a weakness for a lot of women,especially wen it comes to their relationships,I have seen three or so marriages of my friends parents crumble as a result of this,in my aunt's friends case she started fighting and disrespecting her husband just cos he was not payed salary for a few months,and she had to cater for the home with her small salary,this is a hard working man that paid for her schooling and even built their own house in their early marriage lol...honestly sometimes,the way a lot of women act once they are in a position of wealth and power is scary,most times their relationships suffer wen their is down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by VERDA: 7:19am On Dec 28, 2017
Safiaaa:
You're not being honest. Most of you would rather suffer than to have a woman financially compete with you. Very old and outdated where? It's very much happening in Nigeria now, just open your eyes. Your ego comes before anything, especially anything related to women.

I get ur narrative and all,but ur beginning to make it seem like in life or relationships,women are supposed to be in a financial race(competition,cos u have used that word a couple of times) with their male counterparts,its suppose to be two people working to further their chosen careers while finding nuture,solace and growth in each other for the tedious journey ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:40am On Dec 28, 2017
Gerrard59:

20%? I will love to see that paper. Thanks. OK, let's assume it is true. That is a minority not majority. My postulation stands.

Yet again, I'm saying folks who bring in more revenues should earn more whether males or females. Market forces dictate it. If the female presenters believe they are not well paid, they have the prerogative to resign. If Beyonce and Wizkid are to perform in a show, I expect more spectators for Beyonce than Wizkid, invariably, expect her to earn more than Wizkid. I'm not looking at the gender here, rather the economics behind it. You've seen wonderful works from female scientists, ditto I, but did they say they earn less? What industry? Do they work more hours than the male folks and get paid less? Christiane earns more because she brings more viewers, did you see me write against that? Why? She brings in more viewers, hence, deserves the pay. If it were a man, same thing will happen. Now, should we compare her to the lad who doesn't bring in same viewership as she does and say CNN or the TV industry pays male presenters less? Economics not gender.

@Bolded: Remember, I said in developed nations - where no employer pays a lady less as that will be criminal. Question is: Since females earn less than males (or there is a bias towards females in wages earned), why is that firms do not overly employ females? Since doing so will cut costs?

No, we're not seeing the clamour for gender pay in male dominated fields because females excel in them. Rather, we're seeing it because these fields pay higher wages. Moreover, we've females driving trucks (in the minority like tech firms) - a male dominated field. How come there is no agitation for parity for equal pay? It is because the field pays less and is less glamorous.
I believe there is clamour for equal pay in all sectors,I am not really good at economics so I would not start bringing demand and supply.Yes we have Female underepresentation in some sectors but the female that do it well should have good pay which they are not getting even though they may be in minority.Even based on the success Kathy griffin has and her two Emma awards for the television show she did, she still had to ask for a salary equivalent,even in Hollywood where there is still a bit female underepresentation the a list female actresses still have to ask for a good salary.You would agree that gender disparity in Hollywood is good for business.Actress Diane keaton cannot be compared to jack nicholson and yet for the film "something gotta give" she wasn't even given back end pay.Jennifer Lawrence even after making big hits in hunger games and silverlining playbook didn't get a good pay.People still believe that gender is still playing in and wikileaks revealed that Amy Adams still got a 7%cut less than her male counterparts in the film she starred in with Christian bale and Jeremy renner.I don't believe underpaid females should resign they can negotiate a salary increase if not Kathy griffin and Kelly Ripa would have resigned.Even as strong as meryl streep is in Hollywood her pay is not close to Robert downey Jr.Although some have argued that unequal pay in some American work force and Hollywood in particular is as a result that women films do not sell which others have refuted and said it is not true,thanks to Disney has audiences have proven that there is an appetite for dynamic female leads so why the small pay.You may say it is economics but I believe it is influential power from Hollywood big shots.The wage gap and opportunity gap discussion would continue and maybe then studious and other agencies and industries move beyond unequal pay for equal work.Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2017
Martin0:

Babe reason am na!
U nor go compare una own to our own na that the more reason we are talking more on the ladies!
That is not true.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:51am On Dec 28, 2017
babasolution:

men naturally want submissive women period,its hardwired in men,why you women think its a problem is because what you see with the western world.but these western people arent normal,their men have been feminised especially as regards their thought pattern.thats y u probably observe that they are subservient to their women,and nigerian women are lusting for that,but it isnt normal,all other races of men subdue their women,its totally natural for men its not peculiar to nigerian men
Some men not all and It is who has the highest pay that calls the shot.
Re: Nigerian Men, you Are Confused by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 28, 2017
Martin0:

Yeah exactly..

If both party can meetup with the bargain then it surly will work!

Although we discussed extensively on and around the subject yesterday, i like to add this final point.

Now financially independent women have a deep innate craving, which is to dominate men, hide it or not, like it or not, their psyche is their financial resources gives them leverage to achieve anything a man can. I can give myself the best treatment, take care of me, and see no need for a man, this is self-delusion, as a result, she goes out, look out for a man she feels she can will her goods to ( less-financially okay guy), the mindset is if i can raise this buddy up, he will be loyal to me and these dudes many times act calm, gentle until they use the chick to hammer, and then run and go settle for less-financially independent lady.

By the time, she learns and becomes wise, she had developed a mindset that all men wants me for my goodies, she becomes introverted, can not establish emotional intimacy to a strong level without insecurities.

This is the story of many financially independent ladies, in the end, they get used by broke guys and dumped, their emotional health is another thing, one moment green, the next light....

They yearn for love, but their insecurities kobalise them, added to this problem is their character flaws, cause as they were tossed from one relationship to the next, they didn't remember to process and work on themselves. Men, i visited quite a few corporate firms this year, and when i look into the eyes of these ladies, i saw the obvious, " loneliness", guys don't go for these kinds. Maybe i should play with some for the short term self...Lol...

They moral of the story is money doesn't buy love, financially independent ladies should hide their financial status and look out for men they can build a bond with, simple things like compassion, care, laughter, smiles, step by step , line by line are the little materials needed to build a relationship and not " money". But oh no, the broke guys that can afford a few wears will keep using them, and there goes the sermon, men are this...Seeing that the average financially independent lady has a bad love history, men avoid them, cause changing their orientation no be small work, it can kill even the strongest man, incidentally, men that want to leave long run away....

But, have you noticed how broke guys chase after financially independent ladies? Lol...it makes me laugh my head off when i see many of them...and them go think say na real love...LMFAO

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

What Is The Risk Of Marrying A Lady With Irregular Menstruation? / 'Married Woman Chose Me As Her Secret Lover After Preaching To Me On Facebook'. / Ladies Share Some Of The Worst Things Men Have Done To Them, Very Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.