Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca (11699 Views)

Wike’s Impeachment In The Offing So Soon?- By Kennedy Friday / Gej Lied About Being Loyal To His Wife - What Other Lies Are In The Offing / Buhari/Tinubu Ticket In The Offing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2010
mikeansy:

I did not know it was up to you to decide what threads are started on a public forum especially when you are not the moderator nor owner of Nairaland.

I also did not know that their is nothing special about anyone who has not won an election especially in a country with dodgy elections history like ours where cheats usually have the upper hand.
your brother was bitching about critics of ojukwu,so i only suggested a solution.ojukwu is not a presidential figure so i dont thinkl he can win an election in a free and fair atmosphere.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2010
Afam:

2. He did not run away in the heat of the battle but left the scene to allow for a surrender and to avoid humiliation of the Igbos by having Ojukwu killed or captured. This is one point that has underlined all senseless lies and hatred directed at the man.

To all those who feel serious pain that he is still alive today to see regions, ethnic groups states complain about the very things he complained about I say "Who God has blessed no man can curse" and no matter what your opinion is it will never change how the Igbos see him. FACT that will remain FACT till ETERNITY.

Dede1:

Anybody that declared Ojukwu as coward because he never allowed himself to be killed by Nigerian vandals is an irreparable novice. War retribution is always astronomically high when the leader of the defeated side is killed in the battle. The fact that Ojukwu was not captured or killed at the end of the war left Nigeria and its leaders in a precarious situation when dealing with the defeated Biafrans.

this makes sense. i have been trying hard to understand why he left at such critical moment. it would have given the federalist no doubt, unquantified joy to have him killed, which would have further humiliated the biafrans. i agree with this, thanks for this info.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Dede1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2010
df2006:

this makes sense. i have been trying hard to understand why he left at such critical moment. it would have given the federalist no doubt, unquantified joy to have him killed, which would have further humiliated the biafrans. i agree with this, thanks for this info.

It is very unfortunate that forums such as Nairaland are free and open to many loudmouthed strolls that have never seen a shooting war talk less of being involved.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by namski(m): 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2010
Interesting read.

Ojukwu a rare breed.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 1:34am On Apr 15, 2010
Some are still waiting for Ikemba's memoirs but I'm really not one of them. Ojukwu lives and breathes his memoirs!
His life is very much before our very eyes and any Igboman who is unencumbered or uncompromised realizes that the man is second to none in the history and leadership of Ndigbo.

I still state that I have not seen any other leader so loved and cherished in Nigerian history as Ojukwu, and that loyalty and followership is not for free. He has paid and continues to pay his dues for Ndigbo. Igbo are among the most difficult people to lead. Yet, Ojukwu cannot go to any part of Igboland without stopping the traffic involuntarily.

The challenge is for us young leaders to study him and understand what makes him tick, what informs his single minded service to his people. Why is it hard these days to find leaders like Ojukwu?
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by 006(m): 6:32am On Apr 15, 2010
Ojukwu is my hero.
I remember the first time I set my eyes on him, I was completely nonplussed, unable to believe it was him.
I still wish I had shaked his hand.

God bless you for leading us.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2010
Ojukwu is my hero.
Ojukwu is nobody hero, the guy is a fraud
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2010
Every Igbo person lose something in the biafra war. Many gave everything and paid the ultimate price. The war is very important in the Psyche of the Igbos for it define their present condition and may also define their future. When the real Igbos who sacrifice everything , were dieing for biafra, that fraud , called Ojukwu ran away to save his pathetic neck.

Since coming back from exile , Ojukwu has gain back everything he lost during the war:

The government restored his military rank in the Nigerian army, Lt-Colonel and paid him his full benefit. Ojukwu greedily collected it and even complain that it should have been General, his rank in the biafra army. One northern army officer looked at him in disgust and said, "General don't abandon their troops in the heat of a battle". Their are hundreds of thousands of former biafran soldiers dismissed from Nigerian army, who have not been paid a penny nor acknowledge by Nigerian government.

The government returned Ojukwu seized properties, the fool happily collected it. The infamous abandon properties are littered everywhere in Nigeria. Many Igbos are pained to see their properties they cannot claim back

Ojukwu is a constant visitor in aso rock, stabbing his people at the back , just to fill his own pocket. Ojukwu care about nobody except himself. He is the quintessence spare part trader, his objective is profit and lack any atom of morality.

If Ojukwu is a hero, then Igbo people will continue to wallow in political wilderness.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Ojukwu is nobody hero, the guy is a fraud

Mr bilygoatmuse,

I want you to consider one point; you are NOT IGBO, so, how can you possibly be fair in your assessment of Ojukwu as a leader of Ndigbo? How does his business with us concern you, except that you are dying of jealousy?

Mind you that since the end of the Biafran war, Ojukwu has never claimed leadership over areas outside of Igboland for fear of being misunderstood, which was partly why he could not save Saro Wiwa from Abacha's noose.

So, I wonder how Ojukwu's position of leadership in Igboland concerns you.
Secondly, if you are Igbo (which I strongly doubt undecided), or even an easterner, I am throwing down a simple gauntlet to help test your honesty or the veracity of your point, and that is:
Go to any public place in Igboland where you can find a sizable number of people, example are Aba markets or football stadium, Onitsha, Enugu, Nnewi, Owerri, Abakaliki, Nsukka or Umuahia or Arochukwu, and shout at the top of your voice,
"Ojukwu is nobody hero, the guy is a fraud".

I guarantee you will not live to tell the story. And if God forbid the popular crowd gets to know your family home in Igboland, be rest assured that it will be bulldozed and cleared away before the next day.  cool

I dare you to try this and come back to report your experience here. If you don't do that, then you are a phony and a charlatan, an enemy of Ndigbo.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2010
^^
Also, because every rational person understands that leadership is NOT about one person, that is, a leader leads many, it is naive and childish for any person to judge a leader purely from his own personal position. That is narcissism because you are focusing on yourself only. I personally have not gained anything directly from Ikemba's leadership, but I know that  millions of eastern families would not have returned safely from Kano after the first wave of massacres against Igbos in the north in 1966. The story is the same in many other areas of Igbo life up till today.

The Apo six murder that kept Ikemba awake at nights did not have the same effect on the other so-called Igbo leaders. I don't even think they gave it a passing thought, 'cos if they did, the story would have ended differently.

Ojukwu is only one man and can only do so much as the interview here reveals. For you to continue spewing rubbish because you personally lost something to Ojukwu's leadership style is infantile.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by 006(m): 9:21am On Apr 15, 2010
@ bilymuse

You're really a silly man. In your whole life, you can never be loved by millions of your people, not in this life.
Just move on with your misery!
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 9:32am On Apr 15, 2010
006:

@ bilymuse

You're really a silly man. In your whole life, you can never be loved by millions of your people, not in this life.
Just move on with your misery!

That guy cannot get out of his personal shell to view the world. Come out Mr Bily! It is actually quite nice and sunny outside!

Any human who commands the love and loyalty of such an impossible people as Ndigbo, is a LEGEND. Simple truth. cool
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by presido1: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

If Ojukwu is a hero, then Igbo people will continue to wallow in political wilderness.
You so much love the Igbos that you care about our political adventure. Come out from your shell and admit your love and admiration for the Ojukwu.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Afam(m): 10:31am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Every Igbo person lose something in the biafra war. Many gave everything and paid the ultimate price. The war is very important in the Psyche of the Igbos for it define their present condition and may also define their future. When the real Igbos who sacrifice everything , were dieing for biafra, that fraud , called Ojukwu ran away to save his pathetic neck.

Since coming back from exile , Ojukwu has gain back everything he lost during the war:

The government restored his military rank in the Nigerian army, Lt-Colonel and paid him his full benefit. Ojukwu greedily collected it and even complain that it should have been General, his rank in the biafra army. One northern army officer looked at him in disgust and said, "General don't abandon their troops in the heat of a battle". Their are hundreds of thousands of former biafran soldiers dismissed from Nigerian army, who have not been paid a penny nor acknowledge by Nigerian government.

The government returned Ojukwu seized properties, the fool happily collected it. The infamous abandon properties are littered everywhere in Nigeria. Many Igbos are pained to see their properties they cannot claim back

Ojukwu is a constant visitor in aso rock, stabbing his people at the back , just to fill his own pocket. Ojukwu care about nobody except himself. He is the quintessence spare part trader, his objective is profit and lack any atom of morality.

Put differently the writer prefers Ojukwu to reject properties his father labored to get just to satisfy the stupid people wanting him to forfeit his father's properties.

It has been stated before that Ojukwu did not abandon any troops and I wonder why the writer is comfortable with Generals in the Nigerian Army that knelt down to beg a Major or those that were crying like children just to live.

Ojukwu never cried to junior officers for his life neither did he kneel down in front of a junior officer in his life time. As a matter of fact he opposed the emergence of Gowon due to his rank and favored a Yoruba son Brig. Gen. Ogundipe to take over as the most senior army officer when Ironsi was killed.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to highlight the obvious. Facts are indeed sacred.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2010
Though, the Igbos are blessed with brilliant minds, but there is a serious dearth of genuine political leadership. If all this generation could offer is Ojukwu, then the Igbo are condemn to play second fiddle in Nigeria complex political chess board.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 10:53am On Apr 15, 2010
Ojukwu is a betrayer and insult to the memory of those who died for biafra.
He encourage them to fight and die for biafra, but at the heat of the battle, he ran away to save his own pathetic neck
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 10:55am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Though, the Igbos are blessed with brilliant minds, but there is a serious dearth of genuine political leadership. If all this generation could offer is Ojukwu, then the Igbo are condemn to play second fiddle in Nigeria complex political chess board.

So what leadership quality is your tribe or section of Nigeria offering to Nigeria or your tribe? Name one of the best leaders from YOUR tribe. If you can't, then you have no business being here.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 10:56am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Ojukwu is a betrayer and insult to the memory of those who died for biafra.
He encourage them to fight and die for biafra, but at the heat of the battle, he ran away to save his own pathetic neck

Like your father ran away with the money he was supposed to purchase arms with. undecided
Which is why you are serving a curse placed on your family by millions of dead Biafrans. cool
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2010
Ojukwu is a betrayer and insult  to the soldiers who fought for biafra:
Ojukwu rank has been restored with full benefit, while the presence of hundreds of thousands of former biafran soldiers is not even acknowledge by the government
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:01am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Ojukwu is a betrayer and insult  to the soldiers who fought for biafra:
Ojukwu rank has been restored with full benefit, while the presence of hundreds of thousands of former biafran soldiers is not even acknowledge by the government

You are a cursed person. So move on.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2010
Ojukwu is a betrayer and insult  to the victims of "abandon properties" :
The shameless coward called ojukwu happily collected his property, while others have not received a penny in compensation
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:05am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

Ojukwu is a betrayer and insult  to the victims of "abandon properties" :
The shameless coward called ojukwu happily collected his property, while others have not received a penny in compensation

"I have been with him to so many parts of Igbo land and I am moved to tears by the kind of reception he is accorded. I have seen a whole market dismantled just to get his car to pass in the tick of massive traffic. I saw youths dismantle a market just for his car to pass. When you go with him to a place like Aba, the reception is better seen than described. So I think the Igbos love him tremendously and they have shown it to him."
-Bianca
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 11:08am On Apr 15, 2010
People like Ojukwu are the stumbling block toward the Igbo achieving their full political ambition. Ojukwu is always available at a price.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

People like Ojukwu are the stumbling block toward the Igbo achieving their full political ambition. Ojukwu is always available at a price.

"I think he has done his bit. There comes a time in every man’s life when you just need to find the nearest beach, find a deck chair, sit by the ocean and reflect. I think he is at that stage in his life. He has done nothing but live and breathe the Igbo course. Sometimes he would hear of some injustice somewhere and he would stay awake all night, trying to find how it can be redressed. "

-Bianca
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2010
"It was said that the Igbos neglected Zik, Okpara and Akanu Ibiam. But before you can substantiate that statement you have to look at Ndigbo as a people. We are republican in nature. So its hard to determine the level of love, adulation and respect the Igbos give to their leaders."

-Bianca
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2010
Let me break your heart more Mr Muse, we the Igbo youths are DETERMINED to continue loving and following this man even long after his death!
You think you are determined to change his story? YOU ARE NO MATCH my friend. We are faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more determined than you could ever dream of. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Afam(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2010
I don't know whether this case of bilymuse is that of "crying more than the bereaved" or "reckless display of gross ignorance and stupidity". Somebody help me out abeg.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2010
"My mother had her reservations and to tell you the truth, as a mother I would do the same thing.
Right now I am the proud mother of a 12 year old daughter. Even if she was 25 or 30 and comes to tell me that she wants to marry a man twice her age, I would still refuse" - Bianca

Bianca wont allow her daughter to do what she did because she has come to realised,  all that glitter is not gold, Ojukwu is a fraud. Little by little, shes opening up, one day she would face her demon, say the truth and shame the devil: the marriage was a mistake. All she did was waste her life with a coward and shameless old man, who betrayed his people.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by bilymuse: 11:28am On Apr 15, 2010
[size=15pt]Ikpe mara eziokwu na aka azu diya
[/size]
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2010
Afam:

I don't know whether this case of bilymuse is that of "crying more than the bereaved" or "reckless display of gross ignorance and stupidity". Somebody help me out abeg.

Actually his is a combination of the two, plus cowardice. His people cannot dream of a leader in Ojukwu's mold.
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2010
bilymuse:

[size=15pt]Ikpe mara eziokwu na aka azu diya
[/size]

And he keeps yapping this borrowed old and tired Igbo adage, the meaning of which he has no clue.  undecided
Re: Ojukwu's Memoirs In The Offing - Bianca by Onlytruth(m): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2010
"Take the Anambra election for example, the other candidates had so much money and support from the centre. But Peter Obi had virtually nothing, he was like the under dog. Yes he was governor but don’t forget that he no member of his party in the state House of Assembly. But he had one man and this man had only five words to say; This is my last wish. How many other people could do that and get the kind of response Ojukwu got. People came back from all parts of the world in response to that call, though some of them were disentranchised and so could not vote. They have shown him love. They love him and see him as their treasure. "

Bianca

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works / Good Time To Have Correct Census Of Igbos In Igboland / 2019: Atiku Is Planning To Sell Nigeria On Alibaba- Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.