Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,761 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

The Graduation Spot And Other Room! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Graduation Spot And Other Room! (29907 Views)

Nigerian Man Got News About Mother's Death, Dies Shortly After Graduation / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos) / Nigerian Lady And Her Parents Dancing At Her Graduation In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by maradelkitchen(f): 8:04am On Mar 19, 2018
babythug:
A ku weekend my good people!

Trust everyone is doing good? Lost my mummy last week sad
may God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss. Accept my heartfelt condolence.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by mayluv(f): 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
babythug:
sorry for your loss dear. God grant your family fortitude to bear the loss Amen
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by barag(f): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2018
enque:
Morning Senior Mamas...
I'm very loyal o...

So I have a 15month old who has zero interest in cartoons, books or even mobile kids apps. She prefers to climb the sofa or re-arrange her shoes, any open bag or any items within her reach. They have even nicknamed her 'supervisor' in school, cos she doesn't like sitting in the creche anymore. She'd rather move from class to class to play with other kids.
Shld I b worried?
She is due for preschool by September (she ll b 22 months by then), and I'm wondering how they'll get her to sit in 1 place.

Also is it too late or early to start potty training?..The one or 2 times I made an attempt, she screamed her lungs out, and ran off with the potty cover on her head.

Pls what am I doing wrong?

lol at covering her head wt d potty..... Same wt my baby when I started potty training, with time she would adjust.

when she started getting used to her potty, she would only wee in it n refuse to poo, rather she would wee then stand up n poo on d floor or outrightly refuse to poo till later. I pack shit tire.....

It was a gradual process n now she's so used to it, she would carry her potty when she wants to do her business.

Only problem is sometimes after pooing, she just gets up n continues playing without telling me to clean her up.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 4:53am On Mar 21, 2018
babythug:

Awwwwn.
Pele .
May her soul rest in peace and may the Almighty protect all she left behind.
Amin.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 5:43am On Mar 21, 2018
Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate the warm wishes.

We are still in the process of planning funeral rites so I'd be unavailable for a short while. I will share some of the Lessons learnt through the entire situation which I believe w all can benefit from.

Cheers
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
babythug:
Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate the warm wishes.

We are still in the process of planning funeral rites so I'd be unavailable for a short while. I will share some of the Lessons learnt through the entire situation which I believe w all can benefit from.

Cheers

So so sorry to hear about your loss. It ain't easy, may God grant you and the family the fortitude and unbreakable unity at this time.

May God's perpetual light shine on your mum and may she rest inpeace..... amen.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
babythug:

Look who's here !!!!!!! tongue kiss kiss kiss kiss

I love you too mama
kiss

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 4:35pm On Apr 01, 2018
Happy Easter my good people!

Today my respect for all slay queens snd mamas increased by one notch. Yours truly had been having hair issues for a while now so I bought a wig....I decided to wear it to church today . For most of the service I was praying that my.son won't pull the thing off with all his rough play. The heat nko? As soon as I entered the car I quietly pulled of the thing oh before person go faint!!!!

Was just wondering how all these Lagos girls cope with that thing day in day out!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing fine? wink

Xoxo

2 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by UmmTwins2: 1:34am On Apr 02, 2018
babythug:

Today my respect for all slay queens snd mamas increased by one notch. Yours truly had been having hair issues for a while now so I bought a wig....I decided to wear it to church today . For most of the service I was praying that my.son won't pull the thing off with all his rough play. The heat nko? As soon as I entered the car I quietly pulled of the thing oh before person go faint!!!!

Was just wondering how all these Lagos girls cope with that thing day in day out!!!!!

Xoxo
I guess they get used to it grin so sorry about ur mum. May God grant her eternal rest n be with all that she left behind. E pele.
Happy Easter smiley wey the shiken? undecided
It's been awhile, mamas. Hp the children are doing good. Una weldone. Happy new month kiss kiss
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2018
babythug:

Xoxo

Its the day I decided to wear my heels back you needed to see. Even my village people felt sorry for me. I just manage to make grand entrance into the arena, as I siddon, I jejely comot am wear my trusted flats.
Be like I no kan sabi carry am again.

Mummies that slay, I just twale for una!

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by kelizosuy(f): 9:10am On Apr 02, 2018
cheesy cheesy wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
babythug:

Xoxo
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 11:15am On Apr 03, 2018
All.my co slay queens grin I hail una..

Hope you got some rest this weekend? Loads to share but I'm so caught with these now famous funeral arrangements so help me God.

Anyway my son for the umpteenth time opened the main door and got out . Thanks be to God we live alone in the compound . I didn't even believe or realise he could turn keys that tiny bugger.....

Today when he grabbed my room keys I remembered years back when his older brother got himself locked in the room! Thank God for His mercy that day.... Calmness really is a good skill for any mummy to have!

Anyway I thought to warn* y'all and perhaps ask for ideas on how to prevent,/avoid this toddler locking themselves in a room crisis! Asides removing all keys that is cheesy

Sayoberry you're on my mind. How are the twins?

2 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
Peeps!

Funeral went well adupe! I think we got a pass mark of some sort on the ceremonies. Yours truly is still exhausted I'm kinda thankful I don't have a nine to five I can spend this week, putting my house back in order!

Still have loads of lessons learned to share I'm mentally putting them all together.

Sister Zaynie ngbo you have gone to resume in that other thread? �����

Lemme not laugh too much sha, I played one rough play yesterday only God will help me if I don't see blood in four weeks¡!!!!
My crisis for the week is that my brother's intended is one of all these instagram chicks. Don't even know where to start from!!! Does anyone here have instagram type in-laws? How are you surviving Biko? Epp me before I start trending as the wicked sister in law

Have a good day people

Blank, helovesme where una dey?

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
babythug:
All.my co slay queens grin I hail una..

Hope you got some rest this weekend? Loads to share but I'm so caught with these now famous funeral arrangements so help me God.

Anyway my son for the umpteenth time opened the main door and got out . Thanks be to God we live alone in the compound . I didn't even believe or realise he could turn keys that tiny bugger.....

Today when he grabbed my room keys I remembered years back when his older brother got himself locked in the room! Thank God for His mercy that day.... Calmness really is a good skill for any mummy to have!

Anyway I thought to warn* y'all and perhaps ask for ideas on how to prevent,/avoid this toddler locking themselves in a room crisis! Asides removing all keys that is cheesy

Sayoberry you're on my mind. How are the twins?

Lol
Teach them to lock and open doors for their own safety.
We use a jam lock that opens with key only fro. The outside but their is a extra clock from inside, when you turn the knob even if someone has the key he won't be able to gain access. So this day my son used the click to lock himself in (he was about 3 years old) and couldn't click open and his dad and I were out of the house ,he was alone inside. His father had go through the balcony (of a 2 storey building o) to reach him. I taught him to use the click and the key and now no more lock ups. His sister too knows how to.

You know this is actually a safety skill. Imagine a child in danger in the house alone and you're safe outside, you just have to yell to him to lock himself in and not to open until you say so.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
babythug:
Peeps!

Funeral went well adupe! I think we got a pass mark of some sort on the ceremonies. Yours truly is still exhausted I'm kinda thankful I don't have a nine to five I can spend this week, putting my house back in order!

Still have loads of lessons learned to share I'm mentally putting them all together.

Sister Zaynie ngbo you have gone to resume in that other thread? �����

Lemme not laugh too much sha, I played one rough play yesterday only God will help me if I don't see blood in four weeks¡!!!!
My crisis for the week is that my brother's intended is one of all these instagram chicks. Don't even know where to start from!!! Does anyone here have instagram type in-laws? How are you surviving Biko? Epp me before I start trending as the wicked sister in law

Have a good day people

Blank, helovesme where una dey?

Remember when I was busy spraying you with baby dust? embarassed I got some on myself cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2018
zaynie:

Remember when I was busy spraying you with baby dust? embarassed I got some on myself cheesy

This is how you spray baby dust when you do not want it to touch you! grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2018
Don't Worry, before una talk, this is how i walk about these days!......

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by hotmomma(f): 3:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:
Don't Worry, before una talk, this is how i walk about these days!......

grin grin grin grin

Sure mama...

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 9:39pm On Apr 19, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

This is how you spray baby dust whehn you do not want it to touch you! grin grin grin

LMAO and noted for future sprayings cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 9:02am On May 04, 2018
Feel better now
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by sayoberry(f): 7:08pm On May 07, 2018
Who is getting enough sleep these days?

Raise up your hand let's know who IS NOT part of us angry

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 1:35am On May 09, 2018
I have puffy eyes that make up cannot hide. For the past 2 months, my baby will not sleep except I am cuddling him. Makes for a very uncomfortable sleep posture and oga is so jealous. He still wakes up in the night at least twice even with heavy eba and soup.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 5:38am On May 10, 2018
I'm not sleeping but it emotional stress doing me....

Sayoberry what's gwan?

Blank why the sudden change in baby's sleep mode? Na like so una go dey? Let's find solution oh
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 11:46am On May 16, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

If he is ready, just go straight to pants for daytime. I personally believe, you need to let them wet themselves a few times then they start getting aware of the feeling of wanting to pee or poo.

If he already gives signal of when he wants to poop then your work is half done.

If he hasn't, get pull ups and focus on poop first. When you see he is about to poop, go put him on the toilet, after a while he will start telling you. It will be hit and miss sometimes,

When you are confident that you are doing 100% or at least 90% of the poops in the potty or toilet you can then bite the bullet and go nappy free.

Pick a weekend you are free, no weddings or plenty waka,

Wear patience like an amour.

Keep repeating and asking, do you want to pee, and take him to the toilet 30 mins after the each change, if he didn't pee, reduce it to every 15 mins. He will still pee on himself like 5 seconds after you leave the toilet but remember he is the light of your eyes! And you love him unconditionally! grin grin

After a few days of doing this, the accidents will reduce.

Alternatively for days that you want to go to church or go out, you still have to be consistent, get pull-ups as it will give you peace of mind in case of accidents. And it is easier to pull down and back on, and it will teach him how normal pants work.
But you still need to be consistent and keep asking reminding and taking him to the loo at every opportunity.

For night time you will still need nappies As normal. Either the taped nappies or pull-ups style.

The below is not essential but it has helped me be consistent whether at home or out and about:

Personally I even have a mobile toilet seat I carry around with me. Dangling a 15kg child over a dodgy public toilet seat is not a funny something.

I also carry about flushable moist toilet tissue pack - dry tissue cannot work sometimes and it is not everywhere that you can get water for a rinse.

and a small hand towel - those electric dryers used to scare my dd. So we carry our own hand towel. We put all of this into a small carry bag.

Hope this helps.

It'll be useful here too wink
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Onegai(f): 12:23pm On May 16, 2018
Hello guys. Babythug, I know it's late. I'm so sorry about your loss. It's never an easy thing to lose a parent. Please take as much time as you need to heal and bond with your family. Sometimes, the pain may hit you later when you least expect it. And keep her alive in your children's memories, I love this movie "Coco" because it reinforces the idea that these are our family and we honour them by keeping their memories alive with us. So she's not gone forever. I hope you feel better.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Onegai(f): 12:33pm On May 16, 2018
Enque, it's great your child isn't into tablets so young. I'll let you in on a secret: my friend works for a company in California that has very big clients (F*bk and a lot of celebrities). I can't mention specifics (she signed a NDA with her boss, she has zero selfies with anyone but one of her events was a big action movie in February, lots of black stars wink) and she says that a lot of them keep their kids away from tablets and tvs. Very montessori and waldorf-inspired. one of the parents has one insane school that is not open to the public, has no website and doesn't run regular curriculum.

Try and read these links:

http://nefescorner.com/tablets-television-and-nigerian-toddler/

http://nefescorner.com/the-goshdarnit-awesome-toy-list-for/

http://nefescorner.com/take-her-to-moon-for-me-aka-creative/

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by sayoberry(f): 10:58pm On May 30, 2018
babythug:
I'm not sleeping but it emotional stress doing me....

Sayoberry what's gwan?

Blank why the sudden change in baby's sleep mode? Na like so una go dey? Let's find solution oh

I'm trying to be sane
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2018
My good people,

Hope everyone is doing fine and keeping safe?

Lots of stuff to catch up on...

This fire tragedy has shaken me up so much. May God spare us from evil oh.

Stumbled on ane watched a few seconds of a man molesting a baby in diapers he was ramming his sorry self into the baby and the poor child was wailing the entire time. I know he will meet his Waterloo, the good Lord will never let him remain unpunished. It's the second time I've stumbled on such and of course such stories are everywhere. It affects male and female children and babies aren't spared.

In addition to praying what are you doing to prevent this happening to your child or children? Can we really trust no one to keep an eye on our children even if for a short while? Has your career or income been affected by having to care for your child? How are you coping?

Let's talk my people

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hope all is well?

Is anyone potty training ? Any tips to share?

Xoxo
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by ahnie: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2018
babythug:
Hello everyone,

Hope all is well?

Is anyone potty training ? Any tips to share?

Xoxo

Backsliding in......
My tips on potty training worked for me.
Potty training my lil princex was one helluva task.so what I did...
I bought another potty,kept it in the restroom
Anytime I'm pressed,I 'd take of her nappy and we head for the restroom.i sat on mine,placed her in hers and squeeze my face like someone pooing and I back it up with funny rhymes.

Most times I sit on it and pee,so that did the trick for me.my son z 1 year 2months currently doing same for him.

5 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 8:15am On Jul 23, 2018
ahnie:

Backsliding in......
My tips on potty training worked for me.
Potty training my lil princex was one helluva task.so what I did...
I bought another potty,kept it in the restroom
Anytime I'm pressed,I 'd take of her nappy and we head for the restroom.i sat on mine,placed her in hers and squeeze my face like someone pooing and I back it up with funny rhymes.

Most times I sit on it and pee,so that did the trick for me.my son z 1 year 2months currently doing same for him.

Thanks for sharing....

Little by little we are making progress here on the matter. He now will indicate he wants to pee almost all the time except when he's caught up with intense play!

We haven't quite started pooping in potties yet but he indicates after the act that he has pooped .

So help me God

Wish everyone a good week

Cheers people
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2018
Good morning. How is everyone doing? Trust good.

Started putting dd on the potty for poop from 7 months after we had established a good intake of solids and poop was no longer liquid. She usually had a poop face. So once I see that - it's a mad dash to the potty. By 12 months she we were catching 8 out of 10 poops. And by 18 months she would tell you when she wanted to poop. 9 out of 10 times

This really helped as it meant I wasn't dealing with poop and pee together at the same time. Also starting her early meant she already got used to seating on the potty and didn't resist when she was older and could run away.

For pee..... well we just went gangsta and bought cotton pants for her when she was 26 months. First weekend we mopped a lot! By the end of the week we had only 1 accident. But you need to keep reminding and asking, as they forget especially when the play is sweet! You also have to take them to the loo, at least every 30 mins even if they say no! Because she will say no then practically 2 seconds later.... You hear... oh I am wet! shocked and see they have unleashed the rivers of Babylon on you!

Or you may even take them to the loo and nothing comes out and them 2 mins later you see that your sofa is wet! angry

So a whole lotta patience is needed.

Fast forward to 32 months, she is a pro!

We have packed up most of our cloth nappies.
We only use nappies at night but even at that she only pees in the nappy once a month or so on average.

I didn't do anything regarding the night one. She practically wakes up at night by herself and will come to our room to be taken to pee. Or she holds it till morning. Once or twice she went to the potty by herself at night. But still came to wake us that she had already pee'd.

5 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help With PHCN Wahala / Farmer Who Welcomed Triplets In Benue And Left, Finally Returns. Photos / My Mother-In-Law Calls Me By My Wife's Ex Boyfriend's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.