Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? (15423 Views)

Why Are Women Crazy About Tall Men? / Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately? / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Pataricatering(f): 2:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
brosci:
undecided
when i was in delta state, i had a friend who was far older than me and was married to a beautiful lady. he did everything he could for this woman, supported her finacially and even started a business for her.
unfortunately the man was dischared from the army and was no longer finacially competent. his beautiful angel decided to show her true colours; she cheated publicly with every guy she found desirable, insulted the man and even stayed away from home for days......

so pls op do you know what the average nigeria man go through from women alone?
may feminism not kill you.
did you ever ask what he put her through when he was the breadwinner ? When a woman w is the breadwinner society asks her to be humble ! Men are hardly ever humble ! They will make sure they humiliate you for every penny they give you ! That’s when he will tell you he takes care of you so he can f**k everything he sees ! He talks to you anyhow and you don’t have a say in anything in the home - tell me how that kind of woman will not harbor hatred for the husband ! She will just hide it because you are winning ! That’s life !

3 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Daeylar(f): 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
danwilliams4u:
The answers here paint a rosy picture. But all that is a big fat lie.

Nigerian women are treated like TRASH.

Nigerian women have to live in a society where they are treated as second class citizens.

No matter what you have achieved, people are going to question when you are going to get married because that's apparently all you're good for.

As a woman, if you have to report a case to the police, they will ask you to call your husband/brother/father or boyfriend because apparently you as an adult woman, you can't be trusted to report something that happened to you. How are you going to report domestic abuse to the same police asking you to come with your husband? Even if you did, you would be told “it's a family matter”.

Let me ask those painting a picture of a life they know nothing about some questions. Do you even know what the average Nigerian woman faces?

What about people blaming you for the crash of your marriage? Not your husband, you.

What about being blamed for your husband hitting you? And when you open up to talk about it, you are blamed some more.

What about servicemen asking for your husband, boyfriend, father or brother when things need to be repaired in your house?

What about people blaming you for sexual assaults? Not your attacker, you. Telling you things like “why did you wear that?”, “It's your fault for tempting him” and many more.

What about male compatriots telling you to shut up because you're a woman & shouldn't be talking where men are?

What about getting married off before you're ready? Getting pulled out of school to become a wife? Getting VVF while giving birth?

What about your husband treating you like a second class human being because you had the audacity to give birth via C-section?

What about being sexually assaulted and harassed with your attacker telling you that you ought to be pleased because you're beautiful?

What about being treated like you don't matter because you're female and would end up bearing another man's surname? Being educated last because your brother(s) are more useful to the family than you are?

What about everyone believing that every material thing you have acquired is as a result of you laying on your back & opening your legs for it?

What about being slut shamed, single shamed because you're a woman who wouldn't conform to the nonsense patriarchial nature of your society?

What about men calling you a “man hater” because you dare to demand better treatment for yourself and other women?

What about men raping women, female children as young as 2/3 years old?

What about you Nigerian men labelling any woman or girl who refuses your advances, a prostitute aka ashewo?

What about believing all a woman is good for is cooking your food & bearing your children?

Before you come here [right][/right]and preach what you don't know, ask your sisters, mothers and aunts. They will tell you because your privilege blinds you to most of it.

I love this,
This is amazing.
But is this really from a male on nairaland?
That's good. Anytime The usual male nairalanders and even some brain dead female nairalanders have anything to say about a woman, it's the usual misogynistic ridiculous nonsense that comes out of their empty heads.

Nice.
Kudos to you.

3 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by YelloweWest: 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
Being an African woman especially a country so back ward like Nigeria means u are born a slave.

Your key to freedom is education and your ability to make YOUR OWN MONEY.

Achieve these 2 thing BEFORE you get married.
Don't mind what anyone says.

You u get old in the process it still dose not matter. At least you have money to buy yourself a husband.

You will forever be your own boss!

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by YelloweWest: 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Daeylar:

I love this,
But is this really from a male on nairalander?
That's good. Anytime The usual male nairalanders and even some brain dead female nairalanders have anything to say about a woman, it's the usual misogynistic ridiculous nonsense that comes out of their empty heads.

Nice.
Atimes a wonder if they fell out of the sky and not through a woman.
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
Blueberrie:

Wow just wow. You took one example of an unfaithful wife to invalidate what thousands of women and little girls go through.

invalidate?
i never tried to invalidate anything. i simply pointed out that both sexes are dealt a major blow in our society and it's in no way pecuilar to only female folks.
have you seen some typical nigeria home where the woman is the financial commando? you will feel so sorry for the man. i've seen it happened on different ocassions and about sexual assault men have their own share.

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
RuthDaniels:
Dont know about you honey, but when Im talking about Female gender, I mean Women and Ladies. The smart ones who knows what they want and where they are headed and not "girls. Nah nah! There is a difference between those two are!

With my folks getting more oriented, educated, independent, wiser, outspoken, and knowledgeable I think you have to upgrade your mentality because we are getting there.

The point is things are no longer the way they are before, women are still being treated unfairly in some places but not as worse as before.You know it, but just don't want to admit itcheesy

undecided admit...lol have you visited instamessenger or badoo or codedruns lately?

Are you being serious about your folk's claim to be independent? Cos your folks are now hustling for customers and competing with upcoming sluts in the ashewo ministry.

The amount of sluts waiting to be slaughtered of which to select from has more than doubled since 2017.

Money is a powerful thing. No matter how much you think you have, you will eventually need more.

Girls are hungry.

It pains me to admit it but the economy is in shambles, girls are hungry but the land(ever unyielding) is barren so who do dey run to?! That's right, the shepherds cheesy

Girls are treated like pigs cos of economic status...It will stay this way till amadioha returns

2 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Tozara(m): 2:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Tozara(m): 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
brosci:

invalidate?
i never tried to invalidate anything. i simply pointed out that both sexes are dealt a major blow in our society and it's in no way pecuilar to only female folks.
have you seen some typical nigeria home where the woman is the financial commando? you will feel so sorry for the man. i've seen it happened on different ocassions and about sexual assault men have their own share. i was a victim, i was 7 then
Generally, we males have it far better than the females.

It's not only about what you see, or mere perceptions and appearances. They know what they experience and feel, and you'll be shocked were they to open up to you and pour out the ocean of emotions they've been bottling up.

Besides, this is a thread about women. Don't make it about men.

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
YelloweWest:

Atimes a wonder if they fell out of the sky and not through a woman.
The problem with this kind of write up is that it encourages self pity and neglects the root cause of the problems.

Many of the issues the op raised are as a result of what some terrible ladies have done or have said to men i.e. A guy broke shamed can decide to retaliate by slut shamming the lady etc.

A bold writer will have addressed both sides of the coin

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by uckennety(m): 2:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
gloria34:
regrets being a Nigerian girl. some assholes in d form of guys will still come here to spill rubbish

Go to Libya,afghanistan,Pakistan,Indian,northern African and south African countries!

We men are tired of your dramas!

Or we can leave for you species!

You lie,your manipulative,your selfish, your wicked, you live fake lives yet you will be the first to shout foul play!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by uckennety(m): 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
danwilliams4u:
The answers here paint a rosy picture. But all that is a big fat lie.

Nigerian women are treated like TRASH.

Nigerian women have to live in a society where they are treated as second class citizens.

No matter what you have achieved, people are going to question when you are going to get married because that's apparently all you're good for.

As a woman, if you have to report a case to the police, they will ask you to call your husband/brother/father or boyfriend because apparently you as an adult woman, you can't be trusted to report something that happened to you. How are you going to report domestic abuse to the same police asking you to come with your husband? Even if you did, you would be told “it's a family matter”.

Let me ask those painting a picture of a life they know nothing about some questions. Do you even know what the average Nigerian woman faces?

What about people blaming you for the crash of your marriage? Not your husband, you.

What about being blamed for your husband hitting you? And when you open up to talk about it, you are blamed some more.

What about servicemen asking for your husband, boyfriend, father or brother when things need to be repaired in your house?

What about people blaming you for sexual assaults? Not your attacker, you. Telling you things like “why did you wear that?”, “It's your fault for tempting him” and many more.

What about male compatriots telling you to shut up because you're a woman & shouldn't be talking where men are?

What about getting married off before you're ready? Getting pulled out of school to become a wife? Getting VVF while giving birth?

What about your husband treating you like a second class human being because you had the audacity to give birth via C-section?

What about being sexually assaulted and harassed with your attacker telling you that you ought to be pleased because you're beautiful?

What about being treated like you don't matter because you're female and would end up bearing another man's surname? Being educated last because your brother(s) are more useful to the family than you are?

What about everyone believing that every material thing you have acquired is as a result of you laying on your back & opening your legs for it?

What about being slut shamed, single shamed because you're a woman who wouldn't conform to the nonsense patriarchial nature of your society?

What about men calling you a “man hater” because you dare to demand better treatment for yourself and other women?

What about men raping women, female children as young as 2/3 years old?

What about you Nigerian men labelling any woman or girl who refuses your advances, a prostitute aka ashewo?

What about believing all a woman is good for is cooking your food & bearing your children?

Before you come here [right][/right]and preach what you don't know, ask your sisters, mothers and aunts. They will tell you because your privilege blinds you to most of it.

Are player girl who played me for years yet called me a rapist comes to my mind!

Taxify matter comes to my mind

A girl played my emotions nd singing maga don pay!

This useless feminist you can leave Nigeria nd go to U.S

5 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by YelloweWest: 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
brosci:
undecided
when i was in delta state, i had a friend who was far older than me and was married to a beautiful lady. he did everything he could for this woman, supported her finacially and even started a business for her.
unfortunately the man was dischared from the army and was no longer finacially competent. his beautiful angel decided to show her true colours; she cheated publicly with every guy she found desirable, insulted the man and even stayed away from home for days......

so pls op do you know what the average nigeria man go through from women alone?
may feminism not kill you.
And you want to use this incident to judge all Nigerian women?

Ok. Let's compare the rate of cheating Nigerian men to women...

I'm sure u have a father. I'm sure if he is Nigerian he most likely cheated.

Did your mother cheat??

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by schurley(m): 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nigeria woman suffer dis nigeria woman suffer dat..... I endeavor u to go to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, UAE, Iran, even Egypt here in Africa u ladies will tank u stars u ar from nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by mablie(m): 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
saggis:
This may surprise most 'Akata' feminists, but most Nigerian women prefer things the way they are in Nigeria. Even educated ones. Nigerian women are the second most pampered women in the whole world. second only to Arabian women.

Most do not have to do any serious work, but has everything paid for and provided for by Nigerian men. This applies to both stinking rich Nigerians and the okada men, brick layers, bus drivers and conductors.

Ask the Alaye bus drivers and conductors in Nigeria how many of them their wife WORKS. Not very many I can assure you. The small scale biz most of them run were set up and funded by their husbands.

In the west the financial loads are shared almost equally between man and wife.
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by YelloweWest: 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
greiboy:
The problem with this kind of write up is that it encourages self pity and neglects the root cause of the problems.

Many of the issues the op raised are as a result of what some terrible ladies have done or have said to men i.e. A guy broke shamed can decide to retaliate by slut shamming the lady etc.

A bold writer will have addressed both sides of the coin
You are dead wrong!

The cause of the issues raised by the op are because Nigeria is a patriarchal backward society! Typical of most African countries!

We born in this generation are even lucky. Ask your mother or older aunts what they went through growing up.

You enlightened young men need to stop blaming women for the mistakes of our ancestors.

The problem is not women.

The problem is how society is hardwired to think of women!

Back in the day it was acceptable because there was nothing like equal rights.
A woman was sub human period!

Things has since changed but we still hold on to our backward way of thinking.

Secondly, why should a broke guy be thinking of a woman??
Shouldn't his priority be to earn a living??
That a what my father advise his son's o.
No means of living no woman!

3 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by yorex2011: 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
winnar:
You said it all. If we countinue lamenting without working towards a change, we will still be treated like second class from generation to generation. The change begins with us "women".

Women learn to teach your sons how to respect women. Let them understand women are also humans just like them.

I will raise a wonderful son.
A son that will walk away no matter the provocation.
A son that will not see it a big deal to help in house chores.
A son that will respect and keep his marriage vows.
A son that sees his wife as a partner not a slave.

So help me God.

Also pray to raise daughters who will be calm and not provoke people.
Teach your daughter to believe in herself and chase her dreams and not to be materialistic or conform to worldly norms like snapping half naked on social networks.

one thing I'm grateful are for my parents, Dad taught us wisdom and kindness, Mum taught us patience and empathy.

Most times whenever I see people doing rubbish.. I blame the parents straight. If you train your kids right, they will grow up to be great men and women.

You can never see any of my 10 siblings misbehave.. Its impossible

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
uckennety:

Go to Libya,afghanistan,Pakistan,Indian,northern African and south African countries!

We men are tired of your dramas!

Or we can leave for you species!

You lie,your manipulative,your selfish, your wicked, you live fake lives yet you will be the first to shout foul play!!!!
go vent ur anger on d babe who broke ur hrt, and speak 4 ur self, not all guys think like u
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nasarawaboy(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
gloria34:
regrets being a Nigerian girl. some assholes in d form of guys will still come here to spill rubbish
You regret, why?
A guy broke your heart or what?
90% of the things the op stated has in existence since time immemorial.
So babe chill
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
YelloweWest:

You are dead wrong!

The cause of the issues raised by the op are because Nigeria is a patriarchal backward society! Typical of most African countries!

We born in this generation are even lucky. Ask your mother or older aunts what they went through growing up.

You enlightened young men need to stop blaming women for the mistakes of our ancestors.

The problem is not women.

The problem is how society is hardwired to think of women!

Back in the day it was acceptable because there was nothing like equal rights.
A woman was sub human period!

Things has since changed but we still hold on to our backward way of thinking
So if I am dead wrong like you claim, what solution or solutions did the op proposed in his write up?

So if enlightened young men need to stop blaming women as you have claimed, should enlightened young women blame men for all the terrible situations they encounter

op raised issues around marriages. i.e. Pressure to get married, how does that have anything to do with men?

op raised issues around slut shamming women in top positions, yet you and I know ladies do that to their fellow ladies more often than men?

In India not to long ago a lady was gang raped in a moving bus, The united of American president is sitting on cases of sexual assault, a number of Hollywood directors were just exposed recently for cases of sexual assault after years of getting away with it. So what is the difference with these countries and African countries? since it is a unique problem on the Africa continent like you have claimed

Look my friend don't slip into a delusion on how terrible African men have been.
Most people who might have slipped into one will probably be awoken by the harsh reality of the world.

In fact, I might have written a better article than the op on issues that bother women in our societies, but that will not change anything much in reality. You wanna know why my friend. The answer is very simple, none of such article or biased write up will solve the problems. The op needs to address the issue from both sides of the coin

Look at issues from both side of the perspective for a change, I am sure you will find your solutions there

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by uckennety(m): 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
gloria34:
go vent ur anger on d babe who broke ur hrt, and speak 4 ur self, not all guys think like u

No babe break my heart

I don't associate with mad people!

Once i see your mad i walk away

There are alot of babes around!
But i hate girls shouting foul play
When they are the problem

5 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
schurley:
Nigeria woman suffer dis nigeria woman suffer dat..... I endeavor u to go to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, UAE, Iran, even Egypt here in Africa u ladies will tank u stars u ar from nigeria
people wish to b better. so u nor see better country compare with?

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thegamingorca:

undecided admit...lol have you visited instamessenger or badoo or codedruns lately?

Are you being serious about your folk's claim to be independent? Cos your folks are now hustling for customers and competing with upcoming sluts in the ashewo ministry.

The amount of sluts waiting to be slaughtered of which to select from has more than doubled since 2017.

Money is a powerful thing. No matter how much you think you have, you will eventually need more.

Girls are hungry.

It pains me to admit it but the economy is in shambles, girls are hungry but the land(ever unyielding) is barren so who do dey run to?! That's right, the shepherds cheesy

Girls are treated like pigs cos of economic status...It will stay this way till amadioha returns
yet we still have decent girls. y rub d sins of others on them?
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by luckyogor(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Wait for an utopian world till the earth cease to exist,nothing is fair for all species,the strong preys on the weak and thats how the earth will be till the ending,that aside we need to be as fair as possible to the women folk,but do the women folk want to be treated equally.....the ans is NO,they want to be superior,which they already are but they dont know,i know my sweetie pulls the strings,but i just pretend as if i dont know just to make her comfortable and she is wise enough not to paste it on my face.love life and be good and respectable to all our women folks cause they are the salt of the earth.

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nasarawaboy:

You regret, why?
A guy broke your heart or what?
90% of the things the op stated has in existence since time immemorial.
So babe chill
d fact that it has been in existence doesn't mean I should accept it. I reject that life

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by mgtow: 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Tozara:
Generally, we males have it far better than the females.

It's not only about what you see, or mere perceptions and appearances. They know what they experience and feel, and you'll be shocked were they to open up to you and pour out the ocean of emotions they've been bottling up.

Besides, this is a thread about women. Don't make it about men.

Please bro, I beg you in the name of God, tell me what they feel. I really want to know how they have been repressed and enslaved because from where I sit women have it good and easy especially when they know what they're doing so when I see threads like this I really don't get it.

I dey wait.

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by richboy7(m): 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
guys abeg make una dey treat wimen well. imagine if u ar in their shoes u would want to expect better treatment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
uckennety:

No babe break my heart

I don't associate with mad people!

Once i see your mad i walk away

There are alot of babes around!
But i hate girls shouting foul play
When they are the problem
there are girls that enjoys blaming others 4 their problems, same with some guys. but d things d op stated are plain truths, I am a witness to a lot of them. I get angry wen guys call all girls bitches, my dad was terrible, treated us badly, today he is dead and we just have to 4give yet we haven't called all men bastards. I've seen men do worse yet still believe we have good men. guys should learn to blame d perpetuator of a crime and stop calling all women names, its a disgrace to d females in their house

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nasarawaboy(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
gloria34:
d fact that it has been in existence doesn't mean I should accept it. I reject that life
Lol
OK ma
Can we chat privately please?
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
To be a woman in this world is not easy, from the moment you are born, there's already a future set for you by those around. Know your worth and carry yourself with dignity by breaking Free from every stereotype cos "this is a mans world but it's nothing without a woman on it-- James Brown ".
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by tollulope080(m): 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
my senior brother bought a car for his wife he will still b d one mentaining it for her all she does is drive car around like a big girl mind u d girl is work and earning good money all she does is buying clothes and shoes with her salary so why would she be treated with respect Wen she contribute so little to d family

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Sheunma: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
Adamh:

Actually, Cs birth is more likely to result in the baby having a weaker immune system and developing infections like asthma. So, you can't really blame the guy, though I doubt he knew of these specific consequences of the procedure
CS resulting in babies having weaker immune system shocked and developing infections like asthma embarassed where on earth did you learn such nonsense
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by mgtow: 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
luckyogor:
Wait for an utopian world till the earth cease to exist,nothing is fair for all species,the strong preys on the weak and thats how the earth will be till the ending,that aside we need to be as fair as possible to the women folk,but do the women folk want to be treated equally.....the ans is NO,they want to be superior,which they already are but they dont know,i know my sweetie pulls the strings,but i just pretend as if i dont know just to make her comfortable and she is wise enough not to paste it on my face.love life and be good and respectable to all our women folks cause they are the salt of the earth.

That's just it. For all their talk they really just want to be superior. Leave all the long talk. Currently they are superior in the USA and what is the end result - a high number of disenfranchised and successful women, the dissolution of marriage as an institution, more and more disgruntled men who'd rather be on their own than have their lives derailed by these devious creatures.

Now there is an epidemic on older women preying on small small boys for sex. Why? They can't find a man. The men all flee so they prey on a young innocent boys with raging hormones and lure him in with sex to fulfil their emotional void.

I'll never understand why this women continue to envy men. Very soon now they will want to have preek like us. George Orwell's Animal Farm all over again.

"All Human Beings are Equal but Women are more Equal than others."

Na their motto be that

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Should Never Masturbate Ever Again: By Victor Pride / She Loves Me But She's So Ugly / An Interview With Ivvy, Lanicky And ChubbyT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.