Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,330 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (36974 Views)

Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by rottennaija(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ucheamani:

Jehovah will not lower his standard because of crowd. In Noah's day, only 8 souls survived and in Sodom & Gomorrah only Lot and his 2 daughters survived ... Jehovah has never been interested in crowd

In that case, when Jesus returns, maybe 200,000 will find the 8.4m will remain?
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by rottennaija(m): 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
GlobalGisting:

Hahahahahahaha, I've read quite a number of comments here but I think yours is the most brainless, myopic, biased and totally ignorant of them all. Sorry I spoke harshly...

Bros, address the information not the person.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Austileo: 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
frm church activities to house,sleeping n enjoyn my days,but they(jw) in d sun preachn n explaining kingdom of God.what a selfless luv.but we were busy packing riches n jets in d name of christianity.although,i'm nt one of them but i luv them more.PLS A ROUND OF PLAUSE 4DEM. PAAPAAPAA! PAAM!
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by sweetestboi(m): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
rottennaija:
JWs only thrive where other Christian had already done the handwork. Aside from that, they don't. But even with trying to steal other Christian's disciples, they still fall far shot.

For example, I simply take a look at redeemed. They don't go house to house, or if they do, it's rare. But they are going in an amazing way.

What JWs don't know is that the house to house preaching is not a biblical command. Jesus said preach, he didn't give any specific way of doing so. But their leaders have changed the Bible to read what they want to believe.

The only thing I see in this house to house preaching done by JWs is that it brings them money, which is why watchtower is one of the wealthiest religious organizations on earth.
Wow i really marvel @ the level of your ignorance about the scriptures, and about the witnesses u profess to know very well...FYI read the scriptures correctly and u will find such instructions to preach from house to house and from district to district. Both Jesus and his disciples, as well the first century Christians took part in this command to preach. About the collections of money from watchtowers offered to people in the ministry, am sure even those siding with u in defaming the witnesses are aware that our watchtowers are never about money, but your desire to read them..#saynotoapostatesandapostatesteachings"
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by sylvajoe(m): 6:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
27, 2016
THE FRANCISCO POPE PRAISES GOD’S WITNESSES WORLDWIDE !!
Moving – Pascom Porto Feliz: Catholic Conference discusses increasing Witnesses … What drives so many people to become Jehovah’s Witnesses? This was the question asked by some clerics, as shown by the following quotations. For example, in Bologna, Italy, the ecclesiastical authorities, with the approval of the pope, held a conference to discuss ways to combat the success of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
The Catholic Church raised a “cry of alarm”, the newspaper La Republica, because every year ten thousand Catholics become Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Jesuit Giuseppe De Rosa said that “the religious point of view the most dangerous are Jehovah’s Witnesses. They come fully trained, and always have the Bible in hand.”
In an article that deals specifically with Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Jesuit journal La Civilta Cattolica said:
“The first reason for the spread of this movement are the propaganda techniques [ie, in preaching]. On the one hand, the work is thorough, carried from house to house by people who are strictly trained in this work, and are deeply convinced [ …] ”
“The second reason for the success of TJs is the force of attraction of Jehovah’s message, because it can meet the needs, demands and expectations of the people of our time. First, answers the need for certainty, which is much appreciated at a time where everything is uncertain and unstable. […] Above all, it is an absolutely safe revelation of the future and, therefore, all who accepted, experience freedom from fear and anxiety and can face the future with joy, with ensuring that survive the destruction that will come the great day of God’s judgment on a wicked world, to live in eternal happiness on earth. Second, Jehovah’s message helps to overcome the concern of the individual against the woes of this world, announces that soon will end the unbearable situation of today, and soon, so there will be a new era will be born a new world in which all the wicked will be removed now triumph. […] ”
“The third reason for the success of TJs is that this movement gives its members a precise identity and strong, and is a place where they were greeted with warmth and a sense of brotherhood and solidarity.”
The Vatican document analyzed the needs of people today, and the quote above the Jesuit journal La Civilta Cattolica showed that the message of Jehovah’s Witnesses meet those needs. This also showed Vittorio Messori Catholic writer in his recent book Scommesse sulla morte (a bet on death), who writes: “It makes us think that Jehovah’s Witnesses, is one of the religious denominations of the fastest growing in the world. It is among the religions that are practiced in many countries and perhaps […] is first in terms of fervor, zeal, activism, the ability to make proselytes. ” “And his presence, increasingly pronounced, is not limited to Christian tradition countries, but reaching the whole world, where in the name of Jehovah, and before long, they get results that are superior to those of Catholic missionaries, Protestants and Orthodox, who have worked for centuries. ”
“This stunning expansive force is incomprehensible only to those who simply do not want to admit that […] course in how to understand the Bible, Jehovah’s Witnesses meet the real needs that other theologies do not meet.” “You can not get around the issue suggesting that the growth of witnesses is because they scare people is precisely the opposite:. Unlike the churches” official “, deny the existence of hell and preach the destruction, disappearance after death to the wicked and unbelieving. This may be an unpleasant prospect, but certainly less frightening than the threat of a terrible pain for all eternity. “Yes, the God of Jehovah’s Witnesses is a loving God, and not one that terrorizes the people .
The following quote is the Catholic magazine Mondo ERRE March 1986: “It must be said that Jehovah’s Witnesses are the first to live the faith they preach: Do not IRAM, do not smoke, do not accumulate wealth, remain outside the political discussions […] pay taxes. They live a virtuous and honest life, they are happy and helpful. All this has made people appreciate the ”
I’m glad to know that they have had success in evangelizing them my family is Catholic more from small learn to admire their work in all the earth ….
Alexa  60
 Posted September 28, 2016
https://lifeway777..com/2015/02/catholic-conference-discusses.html
Thank you for the post Queen Esther, I find this as a source same as you too
Queen Esther  10,513
 Posted September 28, 2016
Thank you dear Alexa?? I do what I can, yes !  On Wednesday September 28, 2016 at 05:30,
Alexa said:
https://lifeway777..com/2015/02/catholic-conference-discusses.html
Thank you for the post Queen Esther, I find this as a source same as you too 
Melinda Mills  370
 Posted October 2, 2016
From March 1987 Awake Magazine. Nothing to do with the present Pope.
Melinda Mills  370
 Posted October 3, 2016
Why are you posting this every couple of months. Saw it more than once. The heading is incorrect. It was not Pope Francis.
This is what it said: "The Catholic Church raised a "cry of alarm", according to La Repubblica, because every year ten thousand thousand Catholics become Jehovah's Witnesses.
The Jesuit Giusseppe De Rosa said that "from a religious point of view the most dangerous are Jehovah's Witneses. They come fully trained; they always have the Bible in their hand."
In an editorial dealing specifically with Jehovah's Witnesses, the Jesuit magazine La Civilta Cattolica of February 18, 1984 , wrote: "The first reason for the spread of the movement lies in the propaganda techniques [that is, in the preaching work]. The work on the one hand is painstaking, carried out from door to door by people who are scrupulously trained in this work and strongly convinced ... " etc etc
Why are we so hungry for the plaudits of worldly men?
Reginald Fitzpatrick  3
 Posted April 27, 2017
I do appreciate all the wonderful comments coming from fellow worshipers I must say that many more people, not just former Catholics, but all who are righteously inclined will become such as we are, Jehovah's loving people.
I spoke to a brother from Russia and he said we should keep praying for them. I told him we do this many times every day.
Queen Esther  10,513
 Posted April 27, 2017
Thank you very much,
@Reginald Fitzpatrick Oh yes.... we do that really every day ❤ I think, we will soon can see Jehovah's plan about Russia, Eritrea and more Countries, where our Brothers in big need ;-(( Jehovah NEVER lets HIS folk alone, HE always fight for us, what a loving GOD ❤
<3 ♫ <3 ♫ <3 .•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥¸.•*¨`*•.♫ <3 ♫ <3 ♫ <3 <3 ♫ <3 ♫ <3 .•*¨`*•..¸♥☼♥¸.•*¨`*•.♫ <3 ♫ <3 ♫ <3
Queen Esther  10,513
 Posted May 14, 2017
Thanks for your liking my post from last year @sophie ..... Can you tell us, what you special like at this report from last year ? Thank you ! Greetings from Germany
Followers 4
GO TO TOPIC LISTING
Catholicism 
Powered by Translate
Welcome To Our Community
The most creative and intelligent people on planet Earth hang out on this forum. Be ready to have your points of view challenged and refined.
We also want others to share your posts to ALL the social media outlets not just our own.
You need to be registered and logged in to get full access and to add content yourself.
Sign In
SIMILAR CONTENT
WOW...... What a crazy fa...
By Queen Esther
WOW...... What a crazy fashion in our world, hahahaaaaa ;o)
WHICH woman can wear these shoes ? The left... and first the right one ??
ITS HIGH AS BY A REAL PRIMA BALLERINA.... hehehe silly !!
POOR FEET.... and POOR BODY, awww ;-(
WOW.... such of red stun...
By Queen Esther
WOW.... such of red stunning sunsets always catching me alot ❤
I HOPE, YOU LIKE IT TOO ?
ASAMBLEA EN JAKARTA,...
By Queen Esther
ASAMBLEA EN JAKARTA, INDONESIA.....
A pretty small Kingdom Hall - but modern, personal and intimate... I love it ❤
Yes, always so different in all Countries ;o)
A Father and his Daughter ❤
By Queen Esther
A Father and his Daughter ❤
A father wanted to read a magazine, but was being interrupted by his little girl.
She wanted to know, what the world looked like from above.
In exasperation, he tore a sheet out of his new magazine on which was printed a satellite picture of the world.
Tearing it into small pieces, he gave the bits to her and said,...
" go into your room and see if you can put this together, this will show you the world as it is today "
After a few minutes, she returned and handed him the map, correctly fitted and taped together.
The father was surprised and asked how she had finished so quickly.
" Oh ",... she said,
" On the other side of the paper is a picture of Jesus !
When I got all of Jesus taped together where he belonged, then the whole world just came together "
So...
When we get Jesus back where he belongs, the whole world will come together
See JW.Org and learn more about Jesus ;o)
We thank you Brother C.T....
By Queen Esther
We thank you Brother C.T. Russell for showing us the TRUTH ❤
TOPICS
Cop Stop
By
TheWorldNewsOrg
Started 17 hours ago 2
"We Are Not in America," Russian Witnesses are Told
By TrueTomHarley
Started Saturday at 04:49 6
This dog pulls himself out of a pond with his teeth after falling through thin ice, when a Missouri...
By
TheWorldNewsOrg
Started February 4 33
Huge Open Kitchen
By Michael Krewson
Started February 10, 2017 6
Israel launches strikes in Syria after an F-16 jet was shot down
By
TheWorldNewsOrg
Started 17 hours ago 1
By JW Insider · Posted 49 minutes ago
You are probably white right. But there was a case about two years ago where the officer finally admitted to harassing an African-American driver because he thought he saw that the man had made eye contact with him before making a turn, and this made him suspicious. Although the driver was going under the speed limit and used his turn signal well in advance of the turn, the officer claimed that the turn signal was not turned on at least 200 feet before the turn was made. We know a (white) Witness who was former police officer in Los Angeles, under the direction of Police Chief Gates, who claims that Gates' unwritten instructions were to 'harass every black man in your precinct until they were all in the system for something.'
Cop Stop
By James Thomas Rook Jr. · Posted 1 hour ago
.... One time I was stopped by a Cop for doing 57 mph in a 35 mph zone ..... I was able to unconsciously, honestly, and respectfully put the word "Sir" about five times in a sentence. He let me go. Same thing when I had just passed a police car, then realized that I needed to make a turn, and without blinkers, did so, and in fast braking almost had his car ram the back of mine. It took him awhile to turn around and find me ... and he was mad ... told me " ... I was just about to call in a helicopter to find you, boah !" He also let me go. A sincere respect for the Uniform goes a LOOOOoooong way.
"We Are Not in America,"...
By James Thomas Rook Jr. · Posted 2 hours ago
I don't know either person, personally, but it seemed very clear that since EVERYONE without exception is under Satan's influence ... to go easy on those who are doing the very best they know how ... under challenging, often impossible circumstances, and in the face of immense and unrelenting opposition. The way I look at it is that Trump set aside a billion dollar career, and is donating 100% of his government salary to charity .... and actively destroying Obamacare ... an unconstitutional mandate to make YOU BUY SOMETHING YOU DO NOT WANT ... so representing him as handpicked by Satan is a bit rough, and COMPLETELY, TOTALLY irrational. Even Hilary Clinton, the only once-viable alternative fiction novelist ... could be smeared by your accusations, AllenSmith ... had she won the Presidency. She LOST. Get over it! Besides. .... she obviously does not directly worship Satan. Satan worships her.
By AllenSmith · Posted 4 hours ago
Hmm! You have a tyrant at the White House, personally handpicked by Satan, to get the ball rolling. Otherwise, how else could a detestable person win? World map view, suggest the Russian, and China to the north and west of the US. Iran, Africa to our eastern seaboard. Mexico, Venezuela, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Chile, Honduras to the south. You have an American President that continues to alienate the world, further isolating America. What was that poetry from Alfred Lord Tennyson, The charge of the light brigade? In this world, anything is possible!!!!
By TrueTomHarley · Posted
5 hours ago
It is not everywhere. There are hot spots. The two towns are 3200 km apart. Most Witnesses have merely tightened an already cautious deportment. They now must look over their shoulder more than in the past. It hints at the Jewish pogroms of long ago, which were very bad when they happened, but they did not always happen.
FORUM STATISTICS
Total Topics
Total Posts
NEWEST MEMBER
mayen28
Joined 13 minutes ago MEMBER STATISTICS
Total Members
Most Online
October 19, 2016
Language  Privacy Policy
Contact Us
Copyright © TheWorldNewsMedia.org
Powered by Invision Community Catholici...
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Prosthuks(m): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
true2god:
You are right. JW is an organization set up primarily to oppose established Christian Churches and doctrines; they have no business with non-christians. I have spent more than 10 years studying the JW's 'AWAKE' and 'WATCHTOWER' magazines and come to conclusion that they are filled with Christian-biased messages and doctrines, twisting the Bible to conform to their 'what the Bible really teaches'. The JW magazines with never attack Islam, Hinduism, Budism, etc, never, but will spend all their energy attacking the Catholics, the Orthodox and the Pentecostal churches, mostly in a rather subtle ways.

On a political note, they attack the German Nazis of events that took place almost 80 years ago, and how the JW members suffered in their hands, as if no other human beings suffered in world war 2. I am 100% sure if the Nazis had won the second world war, their current magazines won't attack the Nazis but the allied forces for crime against humanity. This is one of the things that make the JW very deceptive and cunny.

They have stopped knocking at my door when I challenged one of them with facts, points and scholarly evidences, even taking them back to their own history. I didn't ask them to stop coming but they used their brains wisely seeing the futility of engaging me. To make matter worse, it seems they ,even tell other witnesses to avoid my house completely; they knock my neighbour's doors but always miraculously avoiding my doors.
Wasting precious time for argument that are baseless and that will not achieve anything meaningful is not a JW thing. If u do not have a preconceived idea about JWs, then open your heart and do as much research as u could about them.They will never force you to accept their message. It is either u take it or leave it. U have no idea the kind of persecution they face in countries like Russia, South Korea, Eritrea,etc. Why should we boast about our preaching? The world knows us by our preaching, including u. it is not something to boast about . Get ur facts straight about JW and u will be surprised at what u will find out
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by oriakuna: 6:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Clown
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by mtngloetiartel: 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

What about cart witnessing? Did the early Christians do this?
[url]
Hairyrapunzel:

[/url]
Hairyrapunzel:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/2016-yearbook/highlights/literature-displays-and-carts/#?insight[search_id]=2ee28c89-e308-4ddb-a0f0-21de013ca082&insight[search_result_index]=4
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Acts 20:20
King James Bible
And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

So publicly now means sitting beside a cart filled with magazines and waiting for people to approach you first?

This verse doesn't justify your cart witnessing oga. It's not biblical sir that's not preaching. That is sitting beside or far away from a magazine stand a displaying magazines. It would have been good if the early Christians you guys try to emulate did this.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
My reasons for not believing in JW are many. Some of them are as follows:
1. They insist that it is evil to do what is not explicitly commanded by Jesus in literal language, eg Christmas, Easter, etc; but Ironically they see their house to house preaching as a major criterion of Jesus approval of their religion despite the fact that in that chapter where Jesus gave that command He did not specifically insist that the mode of preaching must be house to house. In fact Jesus Himself never did his preaching from house to house but always sat in a far away isolated place with people coming to meet him for his sermons. The only instances of Him visiting people's houses were on specific invitations for His healing miracles, and for such he didn't ever have to knock at anyone's door because his guests were always already eagerly waiting for him outside their houses. But in JWs' case you have to receive them uninvited and unexpected. How does that tally with Jesus' style in the literal sense which they so much emphasize?

2. They don't see themselves as a church. They refer to themselves as an organization even though the Jesus they claim to be emulating 100℅ described his would be followers as a church. It would seem they refrain from using 'church' in order to emphasize their 'uniqueness' in righteousness as they seem to claim. But such is unchristlike considering the fact that Jesus Himself, despite His actual righteousness, never refrained from identifying himself as a member of the very corrupt human race he came to save in the first instance.

3. JWs claim that festivals like Christmas, Easter and others are not celebrated by them because their origins are rooted in pagan traditions and culture plus the fact that the Bible did not so direct. Ironically their members attend and bag certificates from intramural educational systems which is a system as well rooted in paganistic cultures. Initially schooling used to be done by individuals in their private homes. The system of Education that involves gathering people in a single room called a class originated among paganistic societies who found it as a faster way to, in the time of war expediency, teach newly recruited soldiers the art of war tactics like shooting without missing targets, escaping the enemy army, etc which are all technique of the evil and unchristian enterprise of war defined by bloodshed and killing of innocent civilians sometimes.
It was much later that the intramural system of schooling was extended to cover other positive professions which have improved humanity. Why JWs attend intramural schools, bag certificates from them and with such certificates earn a living while arguing that paganism rooted practices are evil is what beats me. The day I asked them this question was the day they started avoiding me till today.

4. I once also asked them why they wrote in a 1902 edition of their Awake magazine that there was nothing wrong in celebrating Christmas and New Year only for them to in subsequent years' edition begin to denounce Christmas. The response I got was the Bible verse that " the way of the righteous gets brighter and brighter onto the perfect day". Then I told the JW preacher that a people really being inspired by God would not be inconsistent in their supposedly 'God inspired' doctrine as God is not an author of inconsistency or confusion. How can the all-knowing God tell you to today that nothing is wrong with a festival only for Him to tell you 20 years later that the same festival is evil? I asked him whether the apostles ever preached anywhere and later returned there to adjust the doctrine they had taught them? In fact Paul the Apostle warned the Church in Corinth against believing any adjustment to his teachings even if later done by himself. The JW team could not answer me and till today they avoid me.
Many other questions I asked them went unanswered.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
mtngloetiartel:
very few people are going thru the road to everlasting life. The road to life is narrow and cramped...whereas broad, wide and crowded is the road leading to destruction. You get the point?

The Amish is a small group fewer than jws that believe that they are the only true religious group.
I agree with you the road to everlasting life is narrow so the Amish is the only true religion

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Emmanystone: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
asuustrike2009:

So Festus was a witness? Hmmmm!
I don't know him in person. Someone here in Nairaland mentioned it
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Emmanystone: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
I cannot understand you. It sounds foreign to me. You probably need to check your spelling or grammar before sending stuff online. In all cases, this is where we part ways. It was a great time having a conversation with you.
Stay positive and God bless.
There are always typos when typing with a phone. If you don't have what to say, you can politely say so, instead of pretending that the typos are making my discourse illegible for you to read.

Have a good evening too sir.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ewedegubbler:
This must be one of these tithe hunting so called born again crooks out there.
I am not a Jehovah’s Witness and couldn’t care less about their beliefs but spewing trash out of malice and ignorance makes you look like a total jack Arse.
Jehovahs witness’s have been the most persecuted Christian sect in the past 100 years and still face persecution in many countries where their activities are banned.
These guys were the most persecuted people in NAZI germany after the Jews. Do yourself a favor and read about the purple triangle and you will hopefully see the meaning of resilience in the face of persecution.

You lie. The Gypsies, homosexuals and people living with disabilities in individual groups were killed more than jws. Read up historical facts. You will know that the reason for killing about 2000 jws was because they refused to hail Hitler. Also, their leader at that time supported Nazi injustice towards Jews. Stop peddling false reports.

In many countries Christianity in general is banned. Isis killed 2100-4400 yazidi Christians in iraq.

There is nothing like the most persecuted sect or groups. All groups, religions, sects etc are persecuted in one way or the other. No group or religion should claim the most persecuted.
During ww2, Jews suffered the most but today they don't claim most persecuted ethno religious group.

Stop playing the persecution complex card it doesn't help matters.

2 Likes

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Emmanystone: 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The Amish is a small group fewer than jws that believe that they are the only true religious group.
I agree with you the road to everlasting life is narrow so the Amish is the only true religion
Hahahahahahahahaha. Wow, this is a good point there sir.

It's not in the denomination one belongs sir, it's whether or not you have the new life which can only be gotten from accepting Christ's finished work on the cross.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
otopxy:

it is so sad to see young educated ones growing to become educated illiterate, Jehovah's witnesses will not tell u how far they 've suffered for preaching sake. Have you try searching on google the most persecuted religion for preaching sake? Did u knw the numbers of witnesses that was killed for Christ's sake during Nazi assault? Go and search the current persecutions and trials they are facing currently in Russia. For ur information, Jehovah's witnesses had directly or indirectly been established in all country whatsoever on earth, except 3 countries where they decided not to continue their work because of some certain specific reasons. IF YOU ARE NOT INFORMED YOU ARE DEFORMED

Could you mention this three countries and give us these specific reasons?
If the Bible says 'go ye into the WHOLE world and preach the gospel..........", why would a genuine Christian group have any reason whatsoever to avoid some countries? Are these countries not part of the whole world? Is that not partial obedience to Christ which actually is disobedience? Have any of the other denominations you never lose a chance to condemn in your Awake and Watchtower publications ever claimed they have certain countries they avoid let alone claim specific reasons for such? What reason can ever be good enough justify disobedience to God?
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by dollarnaira: 7:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Realists believe that the first step to realizing a change is talking to the man in the mirror. Do you believe in those words?

The simple ans is, d so called "Christians" are not bro.Hence,d preaching and teaching.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Robisky001(m): 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Salient points highlighted there by the Op. Were where Jehovah witnesses when the likes of St. Rita and Co were been massacre with reckless abandon before Constantine eventual intervention.

2 Likes

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Prosthuks(m): 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
rottennaija:
JWs only thrive where other Christian had already done the handwork. Aside from that, they don't. But even with trying to steal other Christian's disciples, they still fall far shot.

For example, I simply take a look at redeemed. They don't go house to house, or if they do, it's rare. But they are going in an amazing way.

What JWs don't know is that the house to house preaching is not a biblical command. Jesus said preach, he didn't give any specific way of doing so. But their leaders have changed the Bible to read what they want to believe.

The only thing I see in this house to house preaching done by JWs is that it brings them money, which is why watchtower is one of the wealthiest religious organizations on earth.
Ignorance is indeed bad. You know nothing about JW. Open your eye and see

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
goodnewscliff:
we go online @ areas like dat with the jw.org websites has has many languages......hmmmm....we ve preaching for decades before u were born.....y d hate now!!!! our magazines re d most distributed ones worldwide and dats becos we spend billions of hours preaching each year......when it come to preaching from door to door,, we re right to boast about it.....try preaching under nigeria sun for 8 hours....make u see as e be!!!!! undecided

Google has has different languages and can search for virtually anything you want on earth on it whereas your website is for just your doctrines and publications in different languages. I quests Google is the true religion then

Mormons have been preaching like you people and started their religious movement the same time you started your their number is twice your own. I guess Mormons are more blessed than you guys. They spend billion hours too and also preach under the Nigerian sun. They are the only true religion of God.

Your magazines are the most widely disposed in trash magazines worldwide too. Like Jesus asked you to take pride in distributing magazines.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
God bless you.
Emmanystone:

There are always typos when typing with a phone. If you don't have what to say, you can politely say so, instead of pretending that the typos are making my discourse illegible for you to read.

Have a good evening too sir.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
don4real18:
Hypocrites everywhere... Ican see comments separating JW from christains. And my question is, what makes you think your own practice is the real christainity. Today, it is Protestants vs Pentecostals, tomorrow, it is Catholics vs Pentecostals. Why?
It is a common practice amongst christains to always claim superiority with their denomination... Especially, the Pentecostals. (Before you bash me, you should know I attend a Pentecostal church)
The truth is that a large percentage of christains dunno why they are christains and that is why they are easily manipulated by their supposed leader to remain poor while they live expensive lifestyles.
Not because I'm a xtain means Islam is bad or a traditional means of worship is evil. Do what works for you as long as it doesn't involve taking the lives of humans or altering it for the benefit of your destiny.

As per the bolded, you seem to feign ignorance of the fact that the JW is actually guilty of discrimination against all other Christians whom they derogatorily refer to as Christendom and claim are practising a corrupted and compromised from of Christianity.
Have you ever bothered to read Awake or Watchtower to see how at least one article must be dedicated to bashing Catholics most especially? On the reverse, have you ever seen any other Christian denomination dedicate a single line in their magazines to bash any other denomination let alone JW? When other denominations evangelize do they ever made JWs their topics or begin to try to convince people that they are worshipping a false God by virtue of their denominations?
You just made inverted accusations here and that is very dishonest.
Not that the other denominations are really bothered about JWs envious criticisms. After all we believe Jesus' injunction that as long as they too are not speaking again Christ they aren't really against us. They rather assume they are against us and try to prove it every day while we disagree with them in love as required of us all.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ok. Which one do you do?
Hairyrapunzel:

So publicly now means sitting beside a cart filled with magazines and waiting for people to approach you first?

This verse doesn't justify your cart witnessing oga. It's not biblical sir that's not preaching. That is sitting beside or far away from a magazine stand a displaying magazines. It would have been good if the early Christians you guys try to emulate did this.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ucheamani:

Jehovah will not lower his standard because of crowd. In Noah's day, only 8 souls survived and in Sodom & Gomorrah only Lot and his 2 daughters survived ... Jehovah has never been interested in crowd

Think about coming out one day and around you you see 500 people dead and you are the only surviving person. Meditate on this day and night

This 500 people where slaughtered by your God because they refused to pay allegiance to an organization called watchtower and also refused to believe that 8 old men in New York are the only means of communication between God and man which the Bible never mentioned was necessary for survival.
Meditate on this.

For you to say your jehovah will kill 8.4 billion people because they did not join watchtower organization and
Make 8.4 million people to inherit the earth because they agreed to join watchtower organization shows your jehovah is a pick and psychopath not worthy to be worshipped. It also shows that every atom of humanity has been taken away from you as you are now a robot.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by alBHAGDADI: 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
Robisky001:
Salient points highlighted there by the Op. Were where Jehovah witnesses when the likes of St. Rita and Co were been massacre with reckless abandon before Constantine eventual intervention.
Also help me to ask them where they were when the Pope and the Catholic Church raised a Crusader Army to chase out Islamic Jihadist that were already pillaging Europe with their forceful Islamization.

If Europe had been Islamized, these JW won't have the freedom they enjoy there today. They will avoid the place like a plague just as they are avoiding core Islamic nations. The sad part is that you see them castigating the same Catholic Church that fought to ensure Europe is free from Islamization.

The rain that threatened to fall this morning really messed up my browsing network, else I would have replied many comments here. I was even surprised when I saw one of them saying they suffered persecution under the Nazi regime, as if other Christians didn't. What do they want the Jews who bore the brunt of it all to say?

2 Likes

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Ok. Which one do you do?

Where is cart witnessing or displaying magazines in the Bible? When you give me an answer then I will tell you which one I do.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by oteneaaron(m): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Think about coming out one day and around you you see 500 people dead and you are the only surviving person. Meditate on this day and night

This 500 people where slaughtered by your God because they refused to pay allegiance to an organization called watchtower and also refused to believe that 8 old men in New York are the only means of communication between God and man which the Bible never mentioned was necessary for survival.
Meditate on this.

For you to say your jehovah will kill 8.4 billion people because they did not join watchtower organization and
Make 8.4 million people to inherit the earth because they agreed to join watchtower organization shows your jehovah is a pick and psychopath not worthy to be worshipped. It also shows that every atom of humanity has been taken away from you as you are now a robot.

This is deep. But as I mentioned in an earlier thread, don't hate on the witnesses, you can't really blame them.

JWs in general are sincere people who really want to worship and find peace in God.

The hope of living forever on earth (even if not in heaven), the brotherhood, and the peace they experience , are enough reasons to be protective of what they hold dear - their faith.

It's only unfortunate that they pay more allegiance to the 7 men at Warwick.

So send all your angst to the leaders....it is them who are straying the sheep of God astray.

Just pray that they experience the Love, Mercy and Grace of Jesus, and realize truly, that - the only way to Life is thru JESUS. Not thru a "faithful slave"

Cheers!!
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Bingo! Since you have identified the true religion, have you become a member? Are you trying to extricate yourself from
Catholicism? You never cease to amaze the audience watching your circus.

Now that you have discovered the true religion, the JW does not stop you from embracing it. What are the tenets of the Mormonic doctrine?
Hairyrapunzel:

Google has has different languages and can search for virtually anything you want on earth on it whereas your website is for just your doctrines and publications in different languages. I quests Google is the true religion then

Mormons have been preaching like you people and started their religious movement the same time you started your their number is twice your own. I guess Mormons are more blessed than you guys. They spend billion hours too and also preach under the Nigerian sun. They are the only true religion of God.

Your magazines are the most widely disposed in trash magazines worldwide too. Like Jesus asked you to take pride in distributing magazines.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by oteneaaron(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Bingo! Since you have identified the true religion, have you become a member? Are you trying to extricate yourself from

Now that you have discovered the true religion, the JW does not stop you from embracing it. What are the tenets of the Mormonic doctrine?

Funny enough, most of the teachings and customs of the JW we're borrowed from the Mormons, Latter day saints(7th day adventist),.....etc

Have taken time read all volumes of the Studies in the Scriptures written by Charles Taze Russell??
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by oteneaaron(m): 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:

Funny enough, most of the teachings and customs of the JW we're borrowed from the Mormons, Latter day saints(7th day adventist),.....etc

Have taken time to read all volumes of the Studies in the Scriptures written by Charles Taze Russell??
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
sweetestboi:
Wow i really marvel @ the level of your ignorance about the scriptures, and about the witnesses u profess to know very well...FYI read the scriptures correctly and u will find such instructions to preach from house to house and from district to district. Both Jesus and his disciples, as well the first century Christians took part in this command to preach. About the collections of money from watchtowers offered to people in the ministry, am sure even those siding with u in defaming the witnesses are aware that our watchtowers are never about money, but your desire to read them..#saynotoapostatesandapostatesteachings"

Please can you quote that verse of the Bible where Christians are specifically commanded to preach from house to house, and also the verse that shows Jesus preaching from house to house and knocking at peoples' doors to sell magazines towards raising funds for his ministry from people who were yet to accept the religion he was preaching?
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Okay.

Would you like to join them?
oteneaaron:

Have taken time to read all volumes of the Studies in the Scriptures written by Charles Taze Russell??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Dunamis: Miracle Claim Causes Controversy / Lovemaking After Traditional Wedding Only: Is This Fornication? / EFCC Church Seen In Benin City (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.