Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

"My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old (32572 Views)

Should I Wait For My Girlfriend Who's In 300L To Finish While Am Already 34yrs ? / Should I Wait For Him Or Move On? / Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by rawtouch: 11:29am On Feb 12, 2018
the guy is probably on death row and wants his family name to continue that's why he wants to get her preggy at all cost, nne go carry belle come back at least u will have something to remember him with..

2 Likes

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by sweetilicious(f): 11:30am On Feb 12, 2018
Yeah.Better decision.But to wait for 15 yrs without a child of her own is not cool.She will be 44 yrs in 15 yrs time.That is if she is sure the guy loves her truly and she does truly not cos he lives abroad.Miracles can happen you know.The guy could even be released before the 15 years time frame.But she should be ready to become a single parent from then on.I don't like single parenting at all.
Yewandequeen:
She can wait if he is worth waiting for.

They can both do prison wedding and copulation on visit that's allowed for married peeps. Make she born two for him and when the hmguy is released they raise their kids and build their family together. Simple
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by bumi10(m): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2018
U better move on

Else u will have urself to blame

1 Like

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 12, 2018
Let the guy send person make eee come put u the belle for naija, no go
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 12, 2018
Oga mi, your head dey dere...

bluebutton:
Speaking from a legal point of view... Indonesia has a high rate of death sentences via lethal injections.
If you go there, you may end up in a prostitution ring and end up just like him.
Before being convicted, he must have been given a fair hearing. For offences racking up to 14yrs and above, he must have committed a serious felony.
You are 29 +15 that's like 44. Almost 1 year away from the menopause mark. You want to spend your life waiting for a felon?
The truth is, yes you obviously love him and would catch that grenade for him but my dear 15years to life is not a grenade. It's a flipping nuclear missile. You fell in love with a man not a criminal. When you look at him, you remember the man not the criminal but in prison, he is a criminal not the man you loved. The high rate of committing an offence in an indonesian jail can make him serve a life sentence.
You don't need prayers for God has given you the tool to sort this out. It is called a BRAIN.
Send him postcards. If he loves you, he will ask you to move on with your life. I know I would. Except if he is selfish.
By the way, 29 is like 1/3 of your life span gone. You want to waste another 1/3 be my guest.
May God give you wisdom.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by doncollino: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2018
I hardly make comments on Nairaland, but someone is about to make a foolish mistake. This person was jailed in Indonesia not USA or UK, crime must be drug related to get 15 yrs is not a joke. He must have been good to u, but a man who can do drugs knowing the consequences is not a man for d future. If u argue it's not drug, then it must be something very strong. Secondly once he is out of jail they will throw him back here empty hand, he will not have cash for the smallest wedding. At 29, if u add 15 or 7.5 yrs minimum to ur age u will be 40. Babe run and get another Romeo, there are many guys out there that can love u even more, mourn him and wish him the best in the future

2 Likes

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by GindoX(m): 11:38am On Feb 12, 2018
progress69:

Awon eyan Evans naaanii!

Kikikikiki grin. True talk.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Ojedollar(m): 11:41am On Feb 12, 2018
The lady should live her life.If she found a suitor who's interested in her,she should marry him. No time.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Boss13: 11:43am On Feb 12, 2018
bluebutton:
Speaking from a legal point of view... Indonesia has a high rate of death sentences via lethal injections.
If you go there, you may end up in a prostitution ring and end up just like him.
Before being convicted, he must have been given a fair hearing. For offences racking up to 14yrs and above, he must have committed a serious felony.
You are 29 +15 that's like 44. Almost 1 year away from the menopause mark. You want to spend your life waiting for a felon?
The truth is, yes you obviously love him and would catch that grenade for him but my dear 15years to life is not a grenade. It's a flipping nuclear missile. You fell in love with a man not a criminal. When you look at him, you remember the man not the criminal but in prison, he is a criminal not the man you loved. The high rate of committing an offence in an indonesian jail can make him serve a life sentence.
You don't need prayers for God has given you the tool to sort this out. It is called a BRAIN.
Send him postcards. If he loves you, he will ask you to move on with your life. I know I would. Except if he is selfish.
By the way, 29 is like 1/3 of your life span gone. You want to waste another 1/3 be my guest.
May God give you wisdom.

It’s a choice. If she wants to wait or not. However, she needs to seek how to improve her own life because her story seems to me like she is waiting for a man to help her with her life.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Smartii(m): 11:43am On Feb 12, 2018
Some people ehn, their being asinine is top notch, what would warrant people pausing 15yrs of their relationship lives for whatever reason regardless of anything especially when they're of age? After you're done waiting, he ditches your sorry ass for younger babes. Better be wise. That guy must be a devil incarnate to have requested for such.

2 Likes

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by luwabrooklyn(m): 11:44am On Feb 12, 2018
xrisdgreat:
God,this is terrible..seeing d name of d country shows d guy was into drugs,he's lucky he is imprisoned cos na death sentence if found guilty NO MERCY!
smh drugs is straight death this one Nah fraudster back to d matter Hmmm his dad is dead also his sister now he said u his family trust me if u break up d guy gon die nothing to live for but with u in picture he has reason to live I think what u should do is establish yourself open an account for him and starts saving up for me then travel to Indonesia tell him u can't wait but u do be supportive of him show him d Acct u have opened for him I think that should give him hope after prison so he won't kill himself
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by mysteriousD: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Madness I repeat Madness again grin grin grin angry angry

1 Like

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by happydavies(f): 11:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Play along,if u see anoda man Plz get married, I repeat Get Married.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by tiredoflife(m): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2018
Abroad boyfriend that's a criminal
Keep waiting for him
Home video go soon clear for ya eyes

Use ur one million start better business
Find better man marry abeg

2 Likes

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by selfmadeboss: 11:56am On Feb 12, 2018
29+15 equal to what??
Please answer then make your decision.
I can't even stay for 2 days without fucking
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by tiredoflife(m): 11:56am On Feb 12, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
smh drugs is straight death this one Nah fraudster back to d matter Hmmm his dad is dead also his sister now he said u his family trust me if u break up d guy gon die nothing to live for but with u in picture he has reason to live I think what u should do is establish yourself open an account for him and starts saving up for me then travel to Indonesia tell him u can't wait but u do be supportive of him show him d Acct u have opened for him I think that should give him hope after prison so he won't kill himself

Which account
U don too dey watch zee world abi home video ba
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by IdeyFindWife: 11:57am On Feb 12, 2018
HeWrites:
A 29-year-old woman is confused and seeking advice after her boyfriend was sentenced to 15 years in prison abroad, yet insists she waits for him.

The woman met the guy when she was much younger, during her IT. After a while, he travelled abroad and she stopped hearing from him. She later heard that he was indicted. He was eventually sentenced to 15 years in prison and he is begging her to wait for him for 15 years after which he will return and pay her bride price. She also said he has vehemently objected to her marrying another man, though he hasn't married her traditionally, in court or in church.

He also gave her a second suggestion, which is to come abroad and visit him in prison so he can get her pregnant then she will birth his child.

Read her story below and also some advice she got from people;

https://torimill.com/2018/02/29-year-old-woman-at-crossroads-after-her-boyfriend-bags-15-years-in-prison-abroad-and-insists-she-waits-for-him.html

sweetilicious:

Yeah.Better decision.But to wait for 15 yrs without a child of her own is not cool.She will be 44 yrs in 15 yrs time.That is if she is sure the guy loves her truly and she does truly not cos he lives abroad.Miracles can happen you know.The guy could even be released before the 15 years time frame.But she should be ready to become a single parent from then on.I don't like single parenting at all.

Yewandequeen:

They can both do prison wedding and copulation on visit that's allowed for married peeps. Make she born two for him and when the hmguy is released they raise their kids and build their family together. Simple

For all those slamming Naija girls as #Slays, Oloshoes and painting them all bad in manner of derogatory terms, mehn, I say go sleep and wake again. And find beta quality camel-piss to wash your eyes when you wake-up. Damnn! enough wife-materials all over that initial post!

From the touching responses of those Naija sistahs, I find there'd be much of sacrificial lovers, partners and givers amongst them if one could just know where to direct his search inquiries and adjust his scopes well to sort out the bad eggs from the good ones!

To the true #wife-Materials out there, kudos!

But, on this particular case, I'd rather advice make the girl free herself o. Guys can settle down anytime. The fact that his life is ruined does not mean ruining that of his loved one. True love, at its very purest, is of objectively sacrificial when the chips are down!
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by emmateejay(m): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2018
15 years is at most 8-9 years in prison term, however inmates are allowed to av sex in foreign prison so she can go n get pregnant for him, after giving birth she come back here for to seek advice on what to do next?
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Odkosh: 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2018
Yewandequeen:

They can both do prison wedding and copulation on visit that's allowed for married peeps. Make she born two for him and when the guy is released they will raise their kids and build their family together. Simple
shocked
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by jimyjames(m): 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
let them transfer him to serve those 15 years in Nigeria he will be released in 2 years
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by ngelbee(f): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
If I were in her shoes, I would visit him at the prison and get pregnant for him
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
I don't even know what to say
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2018
This one tight. Hmm 15 yrs no be beans. I think if the guy truly loves the girl he would let her move on with her life. That's the best he could do.

1 Like

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Collysmith: 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
If you can listing to me I suggest go to tb Joshua church there is nothing GOD cannot doooooo
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by sunsewa16: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2018
coming over and getting pregnant sounds so easy,the freedom to be with her and get her pregnant I doubt it,the financial cost of the whole process is it there,then many couples are still searching for the fruits of the womb with different length year's of marriage, God forbid, but what if u find ur self in such category, if u consider all the above instances and it can be taken care of ,then fine carry go,but if not then don't make such mistake, at 29 ur on the last lap of marrying with dignity based on female angle, wait for him, u will end up losing and committing suicide, that's the bitter truth.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by john650(m): 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
How is she sure it is actually 15 years the guy received? He could be there on a life sentence or worse, on death row. That may explain why he wants her to travel to Indonesia so they can procreate. He may never see freedom again in his life. So he wants to have offsprings.

It sounds like the Bobo was into drugs. That is the main preoccupation of our boys over there.

29 years + 15 years, assuming he is telling the truth is 44 years. Not good for a woman to wait for that long to have children. Na grandma she go be.

1 Like

Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by lilyheaven: 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
QuitNotice:
Those of you saying she should wait, pick your calculators. Oya type:

29 + 15 =?
44 years.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Izukel(m): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
I see true love and sincere guy here. Thank God for the yrs he got, it could have been death sentence. The uption the guy gave her is the final, by coming to Indonesia and have all there kids. Indonesia prison is not like what we have In Nigeria, they can go to party and they can even use the security guard office to do what ever they want but that cost a lot of money In settlement. I know a guy that has some of his kids in prison over there, but the guy has to be very careful cos some of them continue the same drug business inside prison. He may commit the one that can got him death sentence.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Madisonsqua:
I think what got him the 15 yrs jail term should be your utmost concern ...and ask yourself if u wanna settle with someone who could commit such crime, let alone risking the most important 15 years of ur life for... immigration offences could not have get him d 15 year jail term...ask him what actually happened if he's gonna be honest....and i can't believe a 29 yr old lady will even be considering waiting for another 15 yrs

And also bear in mind that nobody goes to jail and come back the same.I truly don't know how he plans to get u pregnant from jail and even if he could, Ask yourself how u wanna survive in a country like Indonesia as a single mother with such hardship and poverty in that country or even in Nigeria.

I think your kids would be happier if u tell them u gave birth to them late because u were pursuing a career, citizenship, a better life for them rather than to say u were waiting for a prisoner boyfriend to return. A prisoner will have to start from scratch and u will have to wait another 3 years for him to settle before u marry him. And he will hardly get a job or visa due to his record.

P.S; ABROAD is not a money producing tree,he promised to be back in 2 yrs and now desperation may have led him to committing such crime. God' s time is the best ...Just keep praying but be wise.

I totally agreed 100pc of what you said and its obvious that you've lived in abroad before or still living there at present nice one.
Re: "My Boyfriend Jailed For 15 Years Abroad, Insists I Wait For Him" - 29-Year-Old by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 1:26pm On Feb 12, 2018
Use ur head, that is if u still have one.
U didnt hear from Him until he was jailed. So what makes u think that u will hear from Him when he is out of jail? If ur Nigerian BF ask u to wait for Him to get a good job within 2years, u go dei form, wetin even dei that abroad self?
Yeye dei smell. This is one reason i hate
Some Nigerian girl so much. Once they hear abroad, their mumu go upgrade.
Ok now! 29+15= 23years abi? Or Menopause? And u think He will Marry you when He is eventually out? Aunty abeg wait for Him please o. Shebi you two are Romeo and Juliet? Ehen wait na
sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Becoming A Liability…. / My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex / Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.