Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:26 AM

I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter (37544 Views)

Daddy Freeze Is Right, Pastor Adeboye Is A Fraudster ( Photos) / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Onnasucs1:
mehn, I hate that their ideology ehhn
They do not feel so(of course there will always be black sheep among the good ones that behave holier than thou), they just try to preach the truth that will take on to heaven and when false teachings is spotted they expose it e.g the popular doctrine of once saved saved forever. Why someone on this forum can advise her to get pregnant for a guy outside her church and in the same sentence still claims to be a Christian!
There are very many other good churches besides Deeper life(the Bible just teaches one how to know which is which)

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter by omotolaolaitan(m): 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
am also a member of deeperlife from birth but left the church 2yrs ago,

ur dad is jst being not considerate as my dad too is a pastor and cluester head bt my sis didnt marry in deeperlife

and both of them are enjoying dia home....deeperlife is not a passport to heaven but no all pastors believe that and they

use this to affect dia childrens future,,,my sis be wise and pray hard

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter by GoodMuyis(m): 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2018
@Flourishh I Guess everyone has finish talking.

Lets get start from here that am in best position to tell you good thing you need to hear, because am Proudly Member of DLBC and a Youth Instructor, who is privilege to be benefiting from Tuesday's LSTM.

First, Your Dad expression of anger was because both of you had not agree on something, which he expect you as his daughter to comply with him, he is a pastor and he knew that the wrath of man is not the righteousness of God. So I will assume that his express of anger a result of disappointment. Being a pastor, people are watching him and are talking and he is hearing what they are saying. the only fault you raise against your dad was his serious temper issues, but expect you to love him more for that and pray for him to overcome it. Such situation will worries me if that's how he express to other as well, but it it towards you or other family member, its just a case as I stated above. Am sure you know its very challenging to be a pastor in DLBC, he has only 1 or 2 days free in a week that must be a lot of stressful week.

=> If you truly and passionately love your Dad... You will Pray for him in TEARS if you remember what temper did to Moses.

Secondly, on Marriage issue, the most important is working in the will of God (Goodly and Godly) church doesn't matter, and dont for the sake of issue at hand rush into marriage hoping to have independent, follow God's step. Not that its important for you that to be Happy with your marriage, his blessing on you is very important. If you have a suitor coming, discussed the matter with him respectfully, he cant marry his own daughter. But before approaching him think it through and choose your word wisely. Knowing also that he must give consent to your marriage.

=> Remember the Bible say Honour thy father and mother - Duet 5:16. Complying with their instruction is part of Honour.

Lastly, renew your image, be a gentle and obedient daughter, listen more than talking with him, if you disagree with him dont express it immediately, meet him later........ and more.... in short Just a Sanctified Christian

shebi you dey you dey work na?
You dont eva buy suya for your popsy?
You know say na suya Jacob give him father chop, wey make him father nack am all the blessing wey dey him mouth.

Just be good to your dad, Father and Daughter relationship extend beyond the period under their roof.

Feel free to send me PM here

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter by Martinez19(m): 9:20am On Jun 29, 2018
SAMBARRY:

You think African parents care about your age if you don't deliver yourself?lol

I remember my cousin who her dad slapped on her wedding day inside the car in the presence of guests where her husband's friend acted as the driver for that day.that's how disrespectful and disregardful for your feelings or age they can be,if you don't set boundaries now.

That day I was just looking very irritated but in my mind I was laughing because I know they have so basterdized and mumunized her that she can't do anything about it.

what?! shocked angry that's unacceptable, I can't take that from my parents.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
gentlegenius:
Op, I have just 2 advice for you. But before I do that, let me tell you my own experience... About 3 years ago, I was in the same situation or even a worse situation than you. My dad is an evangelist in the church I attend right from birth. The same church I was baptised and even trained to be a Preacher. My entire family attends this church and sometimes, I stood on the pulpit to preach sermons to congregation.
When I decided to stop going to this church about 3 years ago, it wasn't easy for me in my family. Everyone protested against me except my 2 younger sisters. My dad and my elder brother were on my neck every Sunday. But I stood my grounds. I told them that anyone who wishes to challenge my decision should use the scriptures instead of personal sentiments and church doctrines. Before I said that, I already know the Bible portion they'll use against me(Heb 10:25). I was able to counter them anytime they mention this portion. I didn't want to start another church immediately because they'll quickly criticise and find faults in that church. I stayed at home every Sunday to study the Bible. The more I study the word of God, the more I find more reasons why I should not even go back to that church. Right now, they are tired of bothering me because they themselves have come to understand the reason why I stop following them to that church.

Now here are my advice for you:
1. Take your decision as a grown up adult and if you dad challenge your decision, tell him to show you from the Bible, why you should stick to one particular church. I bet he won't be able to show you. If he insist you should do that to obey him, then ask him if his own father was a deeper life member and if his decision to remain in deeper life was to obey his own father. I bet again he won't be able to justify himself.
2. Don't be in a hurry to join another church because your dad will quickly find faults in that church and use that to criticise your decision. There's no perfect church on earth. Stay at home on Sundays and use that time to study the word of God. I assure you that there are so many truths in the scriptures that can change your life but you haven't discovered them yet. He will calm down when he realise that you are not in a hurry to join another church that might mislead you. He will let you be when he is convinced that you've known the truth from the scriptures and any other church you attend will not be able to mislead you. Only then can you start attending another church.
As for me, I haven't attended any church for 3 years now, yet my life is still moving from Heights to Heights because I know the truth and nobody can mislead me.
Best response

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
Einl:
Be honest and open with him. Tell him how you feel. Tell him your mind. Cry, so he will see your emotions.

And when you finally leave, don't go to a nonsense churc[b]h. Find a nice Catholic or Anglican church.[/b]
Why?
Re: I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter by Marlian001: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
I get question. Must I attend my father's church which he is the founder of. I am really sick and tired of attending the church. Am 21 yrs old. What should I do. I don't like being looked as a pastor child moreover son of a G.O. like i always feel depressed staying around them or thinking about the whole situation. I can't be happy as my friends. Please I need reply....to even ask or tell a girl I love her is very difficult cos of this factors. So I just stay alone and feel depressed. I can't live my own life again. Imagine a girl I love she would then see that my father is a founder of a church and I become weak. Mennnnn I need it supportive answer guys. Am depressed right now

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them / Why Village People Kill A Lot Of Africans By Reno Omokri / Abel Damina Warns Against Seed Sowing: God Doesn't Multiply Money, Hardwork Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.