Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. (16018 Views)

Igbo Coalition Groups Meet In Enugu, Fault FG For Branding IPOB As Terrorists. / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / Yoruba, Igbo, N’delta, Middle Belt Leaders Unite Against Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ConcernedNL: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
Theres no coalition
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Stingman: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
oodualover:

Yoruba peopld don't Southern unity. Don't be deceived

Yorubas are suited in the south but are politically NORTH...just like Benue is politically north...

Enugu in the SE has border with Benue...it means Enugu could have been north as well...if not...

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by oodualover: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
Stingman:
[s][/s]

Lies
Losers! Be blaming Yoruba people na. Don't hold your leaders responsible. Even Northerners give una quite notice, yet you were adamant on leaving their land.
You better accept that Buhari will win his second term, and that Yoruba people will support him, so you won't say we betrayed you. Be prepared so that the election result won't cause consternation among your people like the last one did and made many of you mental and filled with bitterness.
Losers!

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by oodualover: 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
Stingman:

Yorubas are suited in the south but are politically NORTH...just like Benue is politically north...

Enugu in the SE has border with Benue...it means Enugu could have been north as well...if not...
Forget story jor. Politically North indeed. You talk like SW, SS, and SE converged on discussing unity. We are different people

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Kyase(m): 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
DocHMD:

The only record we have on ground that is clear to all is that the mozlem foolanis whose dirty rectum your mouth is glued to and whom you love to slave for against the peaceful Eastern region (who have never hurt you in anyway) are decimating your people with reckless abandonment.

Which other record you dey yarn about?

the one wey una dey happy if something bad happen to us.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Stingman: 5:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
oodualover:

Losers! Be blaming Yoruba people na. Don't hold your leaders responsible. Even Northerners give una quite notice, yet you were adamant on leaving their land.
You better accept that Buhari will win his second term, and that Yoruba people will support him, so you won't say we betrayed you. Be prepared so that the election result won't cause consternation among your people like the last one did and made many of you mental and filled with bitterness.
Losers!

Who was adamant? IPOB or Ohaneze political elite?

So when Afenifere asked the Yorubas not to vote for the tyrant we have now...Does it translate that to mean the Yorubas?

It goes two ways...the Igbos will vote for him also...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Stingman: 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
oodualover:

Forget story jor. Politically North indeed. You talk like SW, SS, and SE converged on discussing unity. We are different people

..and the North: NW, NE and NC are same people?

Ogbeni you are getting tired and confused.

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ConcernedNL: 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:
I am Afonja as rightly termed by Igbos and I support the need for both Major ethnic group in the South to work together to take our destinies away from these Born to rule Hausa-Fulani. But before any peace pact can be drawn on Nairaland, Igbos most refrain from calling Lagos "a no man's land". We agree all Nigerians have contributed to the Developement of Lagos but it is still our ancestral land that has had huge advantage over any state in Nigeria by virtue of the early Portuguese traders and the British colonialist.

I campaigned in my own little way for Buhari in 2015 as I also campaigned for GEJ in 2011 and now I support the removal of Buhari by the use of our votes.

Igbos must understand that many Yorubas did not vote out GEJ because he favoured Igbos more, we simply voted him out because of how he allowed Corruption to fester in his Govt. So it was never a mistake voting out GEJ and now we must also vote out Buhari in 2019.

The only way we can salvage our destinies away from the Northern Oligarchy is only if these two major tribes to work hand in hand together especially the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslims.

Even as a Yoruba man I know we have some Extremist Yoruba Muslims who always support the North over their tribes men but these extremist Yorubas are few in Numbers compared to the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslim.

Yorubas,Igbos,SS minorities and non muslim minorities of the Middle Belt can work together to overturn the core North's dominance.

You are a dummy.
Not yoruba.

How foolish can you be actually calling yourself an afonja, you a a dummy , a big huge dummy..... If you are really yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by DocHMD: 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
Kyase:
the one wey una dey happy if something bad happen to us.

But you been jump up like say you win lottery the day Dumbohari your master kill plenty IPOB for SESS.

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by 7lives: 5:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Not everyone that voted against Jonathan is Yoruba. I wonder why every argument on Nairaland is reduce do Igbo/Yoruba war.

I concede. We made error in voting Buhari. What more do you want than a person acknowledging his mistake. It was a mistake however made in good fate as Jonathan wasn't the best for Nigeria.

Are you alright?, we the Yorubas did NOT make mistake by voting for Buhari.
We are still going to vote him again in 2019. Yorubas do NOT need any USELESS co operation with anybody in the East to make or take our decisions
See them, ordinary Governorship election in Anambra, they were shouting ACN is amala and ewedu party.
They HATED YORUBAS so much they voted against Chris Ngige as the Governorship candidate, they still went ahead to deny him a senatorial ticket.
Yoruba and Igbos had nothing in COMMON, we see things differently, so enough with this Nairaland co operation.
I don't want anyone to come and accuse me of betrayal after the election, make everyone follow their lane abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2018
Let it forever be known that we biafrans especially we the igbos fought against the entire Nigerian tribes which was spearheaded by the Hausa/Fulani coupled with their subordinates the Yorubas and the middle belt/north central willing tools cum willing slaves of the hause Fulani, not to forget foreign assistance of greedy Britain just to ensure that this miserable contraption remains one to the benefit of England.

We fought against this foes for three years despite being ill prepared

We assembled, built and designed our own weapons
We refined oil

We only temporarily surrendered due to lack of food and couldn't watch our children starve to death.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Guestlander: 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:
Let it forever be known that we biafrans especially we the igbos fought against the entire Nigerian tribes which was spearheaded by the Hausa/Fulani coupled with their subordinates the Yorubas and the middle belt/north central willing tools cum willing slaves of the hause Fulani, not to forget foreign assistance of greedy Britain just to ensure that this miserable contraption remains one to the benefit of England.

We fought against this foes for three years despite being ill prepared

We assembled, built and designed our own weapons
We refined oil

We only temporarily surrendered due to lack of food and couldn't watch our children starve to death.

Temporarily surrendered indeed.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Kyase(m): 5:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
DocHMD:

But you been jump up like say you win lottery the day Dumbohari your master kill plenty IPOB for SESS.
really? show me
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 5:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
Guestlander:

Temporarily surrendered indeed.
Temporarily because the biafran struggle isn't dead and will never die. We haven't surrendered our fate and accepted to be Nigerian. I wasn't born during the war but I know and I feel it within my heart that I am not a Nigerian

Nigeria can kill and intimidate all they want but when the time is right

Biafra will come

The ideology can never be stopped

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Guestlander: 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Temporarily because the biafran struggle isn't dead and will never die

Nigeria can kill and intimidate all they want but when the time is right

Biafra will come

The ideology can never be stopped

"I, Major-General Phillip Efiong, Officer Administering the Government of the Republic of Biafra, now wish to make the following declaration: That we affirm that we are loyal Nigerian citizens and accept the authority of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. That we accept the existing administrative and political structure of the Federation of Nigeria. That any future constitutional arrangement will be worked out by representatives of the people of Nigeria. That the Republic of Biafra hereby ceases to exist."[1]

Clear enough?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by cKaiser: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
no one is interested in coalition
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
Nigeria is a country of tribalist

Biafra is a country of patriots with genuine love for her motherland

God bless Biafra grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
[s]
Guestlander:

"I, Major-General Phillip Efiong, Officer Administering the Government of the Republic of Biafra, now wish to make the following declaration: That we affirm that we are loyal Nigerian citizens and accept the authority of the Federal Military Government of Nigeria. That we accept the existing administrative and political structure of the Federation of Nigeria. That any future constitutional arrangement will be worked out by representatives of the people of Nigeria. That the Republic of Biafra hereby ceases to exist."[1]

Clear enough?
[/s]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
We are patriots

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
Beautiful people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by deomelllo: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:
I am Afonja as rightly termed by Igbos and I support the need for both Major ethnic group in the South to work together to take our destinies away from these Born to rule Hausa-Fulani. But before any peace pact can be drawn on Nairaland, Igbos most refrain from calling Lagos "a no man's land". We agree all Nigerians have contributed to the Developement of Lagos but it is still our ancestral land that has had huge advantage over any state in Nigeria by virtue of the early Portuguese traders and the British colonialist.

I campaigned in my own little way for Buhari in 2015 as I also campaigned for GEJ in 2011 and now I support the removal of Buhari by the use of our votes.

Igbos must understand that many Yorubas did not vote out GEJ because he favoured Igbos more, we simply voted him out because of how he allowed Corruption to fester in his Govt. So it was never a mistake voting out GEJ and now we must also vote out Buhari in 2019.

The only way we can salvage our destinies away from the Northern Oligarchy is only if these two major tribes to work hand in hand together especially the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslims.

Even as a Yoruba man I know we have some Extremist Yoruba Muslims who always support the North over their tribes men but these extremist Yorubas are few in Numbers compared to the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslim.

Yorubas,Igbos,SS minorities and non muslim minorities of the Middle Belt can work together to overturn the core North's dominance.

Unfortunately for you, ibo people are by nature anti-collaboration, anti-unity and cannot peacefully co-exist with other people, not even with their own fellow ibo men and women. Other regions across Nigeria are not oblivious or clueless par these facts about ibo people hence the need to always sidetrack and ignore them.

You can not collaborate with them since all they have to offer or bargain with is hatred, bitterness, tribalism and bigotry.

Their ignorant and unintelligent replies in this thread clarified their odious ways, bigoted, backward and anti-other people mentality.

Be realistic and stop fooling yourself.

5 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
[s]
deomelllo:

Unfortunately for you, ibo people are by nature anti-collaboration, anti-unity and cannot peacefully co-exist with other people, not even with their own fellow ibo men and women. Othe regions across Nigeria are not oblivious or clueless par these facts about ibo people hence the need to always sidetrack and ignore them.

You can not collaborate with them since all they have to offer or bargain with is hatred, bitterness, tribalism and bigotry.

Their ignorant and unintelligent replies in this thread clarified their odious ways, bigoted, backward and anti-other people mentality.

Be realistic and stop fooling yourself.

[/s]

Yoruba man it's "Igbo" not ibo

And for your info we are the best tribe in Nigeria and the people who really care about a better country

After the indigines of almost all the states in Nigeria; the igbos are the most populous

We pay tax

We build houses even in Boko Haram Borno States

We are developers grin

We are peace loving people

We progressive

We always want the best

And we have all the potentials to be the best

Nigeria is holding us back

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by motherfucker: 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
oodualover:

Osun mi. That is unlike Yoruba. The only fool that brought that nonsense 'southern unity' has been Fani kayode. Most Yorubas don't want anything to do with ibos! We don't even like them! Some people need to be E-slapped; especially the person that opened this thread
I am igbo but I must say both the Yorubas and Igbos are stupid and your children will continue to be pawn in the hands of the North.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by ClumsyFlimsy: 6:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
motherfucker:
I am igbo but I must say both the Yorubas and Igbos are stupid and your children will continue to be pawn in the hands of the North.
Shut up

We igbos are not pawns

Some of our leaders might be pawns but certainly not the majority of igbos unlike other tribes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by haffaze777(m): 6:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
7lives:

Are you alright?, we the Yorubas did NOT make mistake by voting for Buhari.
We are still going to vote him again in 2019. Yorubas do NOT need any USELESS co operation with anybody in the East to make or take our decisions
See them, ordinary Governorship election in Anambra, they were shouting ACN is amala and ewedu party.
They HATED YORUBAS so much they voted against Chris Ngige as the Governorship candidate, they still went ahead to deny him a senatorial ticket.
Yoruba and Igbos had nothing in COMMON, we see things differently, so enough with this Nairaland co operation.
I don't want anyone to come and accuse me of betrayal after the election, make everyone follow their lane abeg.

God bless the man behind this Moniker

3 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

This is where the problem lies, it's not as if we Yorubas love Igbos so much too but you cannot defeat the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy alone. Likewise Yoruba people cannot do it alone. You know they have the numbers in term of population if it comes to War,their kinsmen from Niger and Chad will defeat you in War and well as their dominance in determining our Political destiny. The only way to defeat them is to come together if not, we will all have to continue with their dominance in Nigeria.

There is nothing wrong if two oppressed come together to defeat their oppressors. Knowing fully well one Oppressed cannot alone defeat his oppressor.

Guy. Stop writing crap. Hausa-fulani dont have any numbers. Go and ask your elders. All census figs ars fraudulent.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Odkosh: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
oodualover:

Thank you jare. Let them keep crying about an electiom that was concluded three years ago. Yoruba will still vote for their preferred candidate.
We no send anybody. All their wailing fall on deaf ears
They think they can compell us into voting for whi they want. Maybe we should remid them of 1999

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2018
I apologise for thinking a Region as tribalistic and divided as the South can see beyond its nose. Well as it always ends- insult and more hate.

Apologies to the Yorubas who think I gave the impression of Yorubas being cowards; I actually pointed out I'm Efik from the start and the thread is my own opinion on the Nigerian question.

I also apologise to the Igbos on the platform for asking them to sheath their sword.

I understand better now that we prefer the fights. Let's all vote Buhari again since we hate one another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Daewang: 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2018
Nowenuse:

Seriously I wonder why many Igbos here just choose to be completely irrational.

Why do they like to attack yorubas on everything and turn every issue to be against yoruba?

I am from the middlebelt, in 2011, we delivered more votes to GEJ than even the Igbos. But in 2015, many of my people thought GEJ was too corrupt and instead supported Buhari. ....... Why are the Igbos not attacking us?

Deprofessional, Daewang, gidgiddy, Eternaltruths, nkwuocha et al. You guys should be reasonable for once.

We don't need to attack you people because you people are already paying for your foolishness. I don't know how many people middle belt has buried this year alone because of fulani herdsmen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nowenuse: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
Stingman:

Why didn't you and the SW support Biafra during the last war? Would you have had the crisis you have now if you had supported Biafra? Instead you sent one million soldiers to kill your christian brothers.

Now we MUST all support what the British has created.

How can you compare the life and reasonaning of 50 years ago to now? Be reasonable pls.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nowenuse: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
Daewang:

We don't need to attack you people because you people are already paying for your foolishness. I don't know how many people middle belt has buried this year alone because of fulani herdsmen.

Everyone has had their fair share of bitterness in one Nigeria (especially the middlebelters & southerners).

Do we continue to pass the bitterness sharing around or we sit down together, put our differences behind and do whatever is for our own good.

As much as the British, French and other European powers were enemies, they put their enemity aside, united and sat down at the Berlin conference in 1884 and discussed how to divide Africa. ...... You see the reasons why Europeans are better than we Africans?
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Daewang: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

Nobody is begging Igbos for friendship here. If you cannot come together with the Yorubas then continue with your oppression and Marginalization in Nigeria in the hands of Hausa-Fulani.

Let us continue with it and see which tribe survives wether it is my tribe that survived attempted genocide between 1967-1970 or your tribe that has never experienced a full scale war. We have always survived right from colonial era to civil war era to military era and now buhari will not be an exception for we shall survive him. The question is can your tribe survive him? Please stay on your own as we want nothing to do with you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

700,000 NE NNPP Members Defect To PDP, Urge Kwankwaso To Join / Youth-Centred Presidential Debate On Channels TV @ 7pm, 25th March / Mansur Dan Ali Calls For Suspension Of Grazing Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.