Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,092 members, 7,835,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. (16065 Views)

Igbo Coalition Groups Meet In Enugu, Fault FG For Branding IPOB As Terrorists. / Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / Yoruba, Igbo, N’delta, Middle Belt Leaders Unite Against Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by bakynes(m): 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2018
Daewang:

And we have made it clear to you people we hate you and want nothing to do with you. We don't want any association whatsoever with you people. Stay on your own and do whatever it is you want to do while stay on our own and do what we want. We don't share the same path or destiny.
Nobody is begging Igbos for friendship here. If you cannot come together with the Yorubas then continue with your oppression and Marginalization in Nigeria in the hands of Hausa-Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by EternalTruths: 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Not everyone that voted against Jonathan is Yoruba. I wonder why every argument on Nairaland is reduce do Igbo/Yoruba war.

I concede. We made error in voting Buhari. What more do you want than a person acknowledging his mistake. It was a mistake however made in good fate as Jonathan wasn't the best for Nigeria.

To hell with the unity

We don't work with traitors.

Between Jonathan and Obasanjo who did better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
This our Yoruba brothers are still leaving in the dark. Nigeria is beyond repair. Southern unity is never going to happen. Although I pray for restructuring first before outright separation.

On the issue of separation, we may well start with Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria. Both as independent countries,if it doesn't work then we go our separate ways.

But again, I hate this country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by EternalTruths: 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

Nobody is begging Igbos for friendship here. If you cannot come together with the Yorubas then continue with your oppression and Marginalization in Nigeria in the hands of Hausa-Fulani.

Are we crying to you for help.

You brother opened this stupid thread to beg us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
The reason for this thread has since been defeated. We are repeating the exact same thing the thread seeks to cure.

Nairaland shouldn't just be about Igbo/Yoruba hate. Not everyone that voted against Jonathan is wrong. If you read through my write-up, I stated that I am Efik and same can be tested. There are persons scattered across the country who supported Buhari other than the Yorubas.

I concede Buhari isn't right now the best choice, but many of us were left with no choice. Now if we decide to go on hating and do not make the choice of working together, we all will have ourselves to blame, and no one should then lay the blame at the feet of any one tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

Funny how the " oppression and marginalized biafrans " has given the igbos guts to claim that Lagos is no man's land. Take a look at Lagos State. Over populated and filth infested. If other ports are in better conditions like Lagos, how dare the igbo man call Lagos a no man's land? Continue to shoot yourselves

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
EternalTruths:

Are we crying to you for help.

You brother opened this stupid thread to beg us.
We are all brothers in the struggle. If it is brother by tribe, I'm Efik, he's not. But being a Nigerian, he is my brother. Don't taunt him for my decisions.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Why taunt a person or people that choose to take responsibility for a wrong done? Nigerians are just funny.

Do you rather we keep on fighting back and forth?
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
EternalTruths:

You still do not get it.

We don't work with betrayals.

Once beaten twice shy.
Well I leave you with choosing to fight a foe turned friend.

Remember however that same people worked for Jonathan's emergence after Ya'Adua's death.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:
The reason for this thread has since been defeated. We are repeating the exact same thing the thread seeks to cure.

Nairaland shouldn't just be about Igbo/Yoruba hate. Not everyone that voted against Jonathan is wrong. If you read through my write-up, I stated that I am Efik and same can be tested. There are persons scattered across the country who supported Buhari other than the Yorubas.

I concede Buhari isn't right now the best choice, but many of us were left with no choice. Now if we decide to go on hating and do not make the choice of working together, we all will have ourselves to blame, and no one should then lay the blame at the feet of any one tribe.

Please don't force "unity".From day 1 the igbos are clear exactly on what they want. We don't want Southern unity, period. It's very shameful for Efiks and ibibios to be anti-igbo, you are more Nigerian than pro-Southern unity. Donald Duke is out, and I see a lot of igbos already supporting him online and offline because we believe he is one of us by ethnic extension. But you voted Jonathan out to bring in a Northern bigot and evil religious fanatists. Now you want Southern unity with the igbos. Jonathan wasn't an igbo man's yet we voted for him.

I don't blame you. A state with more oil than entire south put together, yet is counted as one of the most impoverished state in Nigeria. Nonsense!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
EternalTruths:

To hell with the unity

We don't work with traitors.

Between Jonathan and Obasanjo who did better.
Both never really performed. Jonathan's was ridden with corruption.

But who really is the traitor, cause Buhari got voted from all tribes. Ngige is Igbo and working with Buhari. I for one, I am Efik. Everything shouldn't be Igbo-Yoruba fight.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:
Why taunt a person or people that choose to take responsibility for a wrong done? Nigerians are just funny.

Do you rather we keep on fighting back and forth?

Mr man, is there anything wrong for an ibibio man or Efik man to be the president of Nigeria? Are you short sighted to understand the games of hatred played by the FGN, to undermine the igbos and her co-tenants?Do you think the FGN will support massively a president from after the Niger? Including states like Akwa ibom and calabar?We are in this mixed up Shiite together because an average northerner still sees you guys as igbos.Agsin,continue campaigning for one Nigeria while your brothers working in oil companies are sacked and replaced with Northerners. Efulefu!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2018
nkwuocha:

Please don't force "unity".From day 1 the igbos are clear exactly on what they want. We don't want Southern unity, period. It's very shameful for Efiks and ibibios to be anti-igbo, you are more Nigerian than pro-Southern unity. Donald Duke is out, and I see a lot of igbos already supporting him online and offline because we believe he is one of us by ethnic extension. But you voted Jonathan out to bring in a Northern bigot and evil religious fanatists. Now you want Southern unity with the igbos. Jonathan wasn't an igbo man's yet we voted for him.

I don't blame you. A state with more oil than entire south put together, yet is counted as one of the most impoverished state in Nigeria. Nonsense!!!
Not many of us are concerned with where a person is from as much as concerned about the overall development of Nigeria.
It is just unfortunate Buhari failed.
Duke never came out to contest in 15, else I'd have voted him.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
nkwuocha:

Mr man, is there anything wrong for an ibibio man or Efik man to be the president of Nigeria? Are you short sighted to understand the games of hatred played by the FGN, to undermine the igbos and her co-tenants?Do you think the FGN will support massively a president from after the Niger? Including states like Akwa ibom and calabar?We are in this mixed up Shiite together because an average northerner still sees you guys as igbos.Agsin,continue campaigning for one Nigeria while your brothers working in oil companies are sacked and replaced with Northerners. Efulefu!
Nothing is wrong with that, hence this post. Observe I called for Emefiele, Duke, Fashola or Adesina for President. I need competent hands and not just because one is my brother.

But if the South is divided, how do you want an Efik minority to be president. Duke can only be president if SW and SE work together.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Not many of us are concerned with where a person is from as much as concerned about the overall development of Nigeria.
It is just unfortunate Buhari failed.
Duke never came out to contest in 15, else I'd have voted him.

And why won't you be concerned?
Or can't you see being concerned has earned the northerners more privilege in the presidency??
Why not play same ethnic politics like they do Support your brother first!!!! Play it their way! They will never vote for your own person no matter how good and educated he is, why vote for them Nigerian politics is not designed for the educated but for those who play it by ethnicity.Funny how you voted an illiterate who although has got military education as his major achievements but cannot strategize on how to clamp down on insecurity in the country. He is useless on all corners. You'll should be ashamed of yourselves. I rather vote Donald Duke than a northerner.

Na only Jonathan dey thief? Abacha no thief?? Abdusalam no thief??, obj no thief??,Buhari no thief

Any ibibio /Efik that supports a northerner as against his own thiefing brother should be thoroughly flogged.YOU PEOPLE ARE MARGINALIZED!!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Deprofessional(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

This is where the problem lies, it's not as if we Yorubas love Igbos so much too but you cannot defeat the Hausa-Fulani Oligarchy alone. Likewise Yoruba people cannot do it alone. You know they have the numbers in term of population if it comes to War,their kinsmen from Niger and Chad will defeat you in War and well as their dominance in determining our Political destiny. The only way to defeat them is to come together if not, we will all have to continue with their dominance in Nigeria.

There is nothing wrong if two oppressed come together to defeat their oppressors. Knowing fully well one Oppressed cannot alone defeat his oppressor.

You should have thought of this in 2015.

My question to you is Between a bad brother and a bad stranger who would you choose.

My father told me that no matter how bad my brother is, I should never join an outsider against my own brother.

Do you know that when the corpse starts smelling, that your best friend goes on the run. It is that bad brother that will stay to the end.

Igbos did not love Jonathan because he was a good president, they loved him because he represent a change of the old order.

You see how demonic Buhari's regime is, but his brothers are solidly behind him. That is the spirit my brother.

Igbos will never allow themselves to be betrayed again on the alter or promise of southern unity. We have learnt the hard way and we are better for it.

I maintain my position that southern unity was completely destroyed, killed and buried in 2015 by the same people that are now trying to remind us of how we can defeat the North together.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 12:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
nkwuocha:

And why won't you be concerned?
Or can't you see being concerned has earned the northerners more privilege in the presidency??
Why not play same ethnic politics like they do Support your brother first!!!! Play it their way! They will never vote for your own person no matter how good and educated he is, why vote for them Nigerian politics is not designed for the educated but for those who play it by ethnicity.Funny how you voted an illiterate who although has got military education as his major achievements but cannot strategize on how to clamp down on insecurity in the country. He is useless on all corners. You'll should be ashamed of yourselves. I rather vote Donald Duke than a northerner.

Na only Jonathan dey thief? Abacha no thief?? Abdusalam no thief??, obj no thief??,Buhari no thief

Any ibibio /Efik that supports a northerner as against his own thiefing brother should be thoroughly flogged.YOU PEOPLE ARE MARGINALIZED!!!
Everyone will rather vote Duke.
If Buhari had performed, you won't be here talking about supporting Jonathan. Competence is better than mediocrity and tribalism.

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Nothing is wrong with that, hence this post. Observe I called for Emefiele, Duke, Fashola or Adesina for President. I need competent hands and not just because one is my brother.

But if the South is divided, how do you want an Efik minority to be president. Duke can only be president if SW and SE work together.

What you should be fighting for is FULL resources control and not Southern unity. The claws of poverty in Your side is beginning to raise major concerns. No industrial development whatsoever in a state that has almost zero militant problems. What stops oil companies from establishing their headquarters in akwa ibom? All I hear is akwa ibom is a peaceful state. Good! But Hunger will soon reset your brains down there.

8 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Deprofessional(m): 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

If you are an efik, why did you ever open a thread on Yoruba and Igbo unity? can you ever mix oil and water together.

Why didnt you write on the unification of yoruba and efik or igbo and efik?

You want to work on troubled waters.

Southern unity with the yorubas will never happen. Other southerners can unite. We will never allow ourselves to be betrayed again.

Bros, Never again.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 12:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Everyone will rather vote Duke.
If Buhari had performed, you won't be here talking about supporting Jonathan. Competence is better than mediocrity and tribalism.

Speak that English to the underage northerners that will put Buhari on that sit for four years, then another northerner for another 8 years. Listen carefully my friend, NOBODY can perform in NIGERIA. For as long as this country remains the way it is, NOBODY can move this country forward. It's a foolish person that still has hope for Nigeria, and if that person is a southerner, more foolish he/she is.

Nigeria as it is need to be fully overhauled and brand new constitution drawn, or outright separation else una people go ride keke, become house boy and car wash tire.

10 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Deprofessional(m): 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
mcquin:

Bro, SW, SE and together should never be used in the same sentence. It is an insult to the over 3 million women and children that were murdered between 1967 and 1970 using the tool of hunger designed and implemented by the same people seeking to work with us.

Bro., do you know in Igboland, it is a taboo to deny your enemy food. You can deny him/her anything in life but not food.

It is the tool your leader, Awolowo used against my grand fathers and mothers and my siblings.

We cannot forgive on behalf of the dead.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by oodualover: 1:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:
I am Afonja as rightly termed by Igbos and I support the need for both Major ethnic group in the South to work together to take our destinies away from these Born to rule Hausa-Fulani. But before any peace pact can be drawn on Nairaland, Igbos most refrain from calling Lagos "a no man's land". We agree all Nigerians have contributed to the Developement of Lagos but it is still our ancestral land that has had huge advantage over any state in Nigeria by virtue of the early Portuguese traders and the British colonialist.

I campaigned in my own little way for Buhari in 2015 as I also campaigned for GEJ in 2011 and now I support the removal of Buhari by the use of our votes.

Igbos must understand that many Yorubas did not vote out GEJ because he favoured Igbos more, we simply voted him out because of how he allowed Corruption to fester in his Govt. So it was never a mistake voting out GEJ and now we must also vote out Buhari in 2019.

The only way we can salvage our destinies away from the Northern Oligarchy is only if these two major tribes to work hand in hand together especially the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslims.

Even as a Yoruba man I know we have some Extremist Yoruba Muslims who always support the North over their tribes men but these extremist Yorubas are few in Numbers compared to the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslim.

Yorubas,Igbos,SS minorities and non muslim minorities of the Middle Belt can work together to overturn the core North's dominance.
Bro, pls stop this. Yoruba people don't need alliance with anybody.
Thanks!

9 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 1:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
Deprofessional:

If you are an efik, why did you ever open a thread on Yoruba and Igbo unity? can you ever mix oil and water together.

Why didnt you write on the unification of yoruba and efik or igbo and efik
?

You want to work on troubled waters.

Southern unity with the yorubas will never happen. Other southerners can unite. We will never allow ourselves to be betrayed again.

Bros, Never again.

He may well be a Yoruba boy. This people will never stop amazing me. It's possible he is an imposter. But then there are many Efiks and ibibio who are short sighted silly. I have argued with a couple of them offline too. They are peaceful but mediocrity won't let them see beyond their noses. Tinapa calabar is now a shadow of itself, federal politics as usual. They want to follow other tribes to abuse the igbos,i find that laughable. Again, I rather vote a rebellious akwa ibomite wey no go school AT ALL than an educated northerner.

8 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Swagzlord01(m): 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
until we realize that humanity is not by race, tribe or religion then we will have a better life..... this leaders know what they are doing.. please guys lets leave hatred outta our heart and see what these leaders are doing to us... they are messing with our brains

1 Like

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
Deprofessional:

Bro, SW, SE and together should never be used in the same sentence. It is an insult to the over 3 million women and children that were murdered between 1967 and 1970.

I concur brother!
That's why I feel no sorry for the MB. They have scores to settle with history.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by nkwuocha: 1:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
Deprofessional:

You should have thought of this in 2015.

My question to you is Between a bad brother and a bad stranger who would you choose.

My father told me that no matter how bad my brother is, I should never join an outsider against my own brother.

Do you know that when the corpse starts smelling, that your best friend goes on the run. It is that bad brother that will stay to the end.

Igbos did not love Jonathan because he was a good president, they loved him because he represent a change of the old order.

You see how demonic Buhari's regime is, but his brothers are solidly behind him. That is the spirit my brother.

Igbos will never allow themselves to be betrayed again on the alter or promise of southern unity. We have learnt the hard way and we are better for it.

I maintain my position that southern unity was completely destroyed, killed and buried in 2015 by the same people that are now trying to remind us of how we can defeat the North together.

Well said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by mcquin(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
Deprofessional:

Bro, SW, SE and together should never be used in the same sentence. It is an insult to the over 3 million women and children that were murdered between 1967 and 1970.

Then why did the SE look forward to working with the SE for 2015 elections, because since that election, they taunted the SW as being betrayers.
Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:
I am Afonja as rightly termed by Igbos and I support the need for both Major ethnic group in the South to work together to take our destinies away from these Born to rule Hausa-Fulani. But before any peace pact can be drawn on Nairaland, Igbos most refrain from calling Lagos "a no man's land". We agree all Nigerians have contributed to the Developement of Lagos but it is still our ancestral land that has had huge advantage over any state in Nigeria by virtue of the early Portuguese traders and the British colonialist.

I campaigned in my own little way for Buhari in 2015 as I also campaigned for GEJ in 2011 and now I support the removal of Buhari by the use of our votes.

Igbos must understand that many Yorubas did not vote out GEJ because he favoured Igbos more, we simply voted him out because of how he allowed Corruption to fester in his Govt. So it was never a mistake voting out GEJ and now we must also vote out Buhari in 2019.

The only way we can salvage our destinies away from the Northern Oligarchy is only if these two major tribes to work hand in hand together especially the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslims.

Even as a Yoruba man I know we have some Extremist Yoruba Muslims who always support the North over their tribes men but these extremist Yorubas are few in Numbers compared to the Yoruba Christians and Liberal Yoruba Muslim.

Yorubas,Igbos,SS minorities and non muslim minorities of the Middle Belt can work together to overturn the core North's dominance.
Guy.

O ni problem oh!

Serious problem!

Kini gbogbo ''unity begging'' yi?

What is all this? undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

grin grin Singing away.....Lagos is a no mans land

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
bakynes:

grin grin Singing away.....Lagos is a no mans land !

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
oodualover:

Bro, pls stop this. Yoruba people don't need alliance with anybody.
Thanks!
Guy yen ni problem! embarassed

4 Likes

Re: The Yoruba/igbo Coalition. by Guestlander: 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
EternalTruths:

God bless you , Ngozi123, Daewang Deawang.

Southern Unity after 2015 betrayal.

These Afonjas think we are morons.

You need to take your crying sessions to biafra.com. Osu baboons are too inept to create a platform for themselves where they can cry without any interference from his afonja masters.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Senator Barnabas Gemade Defects From PDP To SDP / BREAKING: National Assembly Transmits Amended Electoral Bill To Buhari / Expose Terrorists In Your Midst, Buhari Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.