Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

What Is God? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God? (9880 Views)

Is God Really Omniscience? Does He Know Everything? / Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / Is God Sovereign? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
[quote author=budaatum post=112153060][/quote]

It’s gotten from Hebrew grin stop fighting it.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

It’s gotten from Hebrew grin

Wherever the word messiah may have been gotten from, you are aware the idea of saviour itself is not Hebrew, shown by evidence that others had saviours long before Christ in the link you yourself posted.

Or would you like to claim Jesus is the only saviour?

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Wherever the word messiah may have been gotten from, you are aware the idea of saviour itself is not Hebrew, shown by evidence that others had saviours long before Christ in the link you yourself posted.

Or would you like to claim Jesus is the only saviour?

The Jesus story started from the Hebrew Bible, stop fighting it grin
Hebrew Bible was written in Hebrew not English. Savior is a English word.

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The Jesus story started from the Hebrew Bible, stop fighting it grin

Please stop with the strawmanning! I've never said the Jesus story had any other "start"!

The Bible, as we know it today, is the only place you'd find the Jesus story, May. Well, that, and in other related texts that never got into the Bible.

The ideas in the story are not only Hebrew, however, as you'd find if you research some. The Hebrews, if by that you mean the Israelites, never even accepted the Jesus story, but called it a Greek story.

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Please stop with the strawmanning! I've never said the Jesus story had any other "start"!

The Bible, as we know it today, is the only place you'd find the Jesus story, May. Well, that, and in other related texts that never got into the Bible.

The ideas in the story are not only Hebrew, however, as you'd find if you research some. The Hebrews, if by that you mean the Israelites, never even accepted the Jesus story, but called it a Greek story.

Keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Keep deceiving yourself.

I do not expect any different from you. You know of messianism from the Bible alone and can not consider it not being unique to the Bible.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 5:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

I do not expect any different from you. You know of messianism from the Bible alone and can not consider it not being unique to the Bible.

What are you doing bro.
“Messiah” is gotten from Hebrew, the name.. they were talking about the “messiah concept” of other religion.
Did they call them messiah in that other religion?

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Why are you fighting it?

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

What are you doing bro.
“Messiah” is gotten from Hebrew, the name.. they were talking about the “messiah concept” of other religion.
Did they call them messiah in that other religion?

So, they have to call messiahs messiah before you see they are messianic?

Sorry, but my brain does not work like yours seems to.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

So, they have to call messiahs messiah before you see they are messianic?

Sorry, but my brain does not work like yours seems to.

Bro read na

They said related concept but it originated from where?

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Bro read na

Did Zoroastrians get their messiah from the Hebrews, May, or is it your claim they never had a messiah?
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Did Zoroastrians get their messiah from the Hebrews, May, or is it your claim they never had a messiah?

Did the zoroastrians speak Hebrew? What language did they speak? Now translate it to that to know what they said.
Messiah is a Hebrew word.

The Zoroastrians called their concept of messiah —-saoshyant.

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Did the zoroastrians speak Hebrew? What language did they speak? Now translate it to that to know what they said.

Do they have to speak Hebrew to have a messiah, May? Can Zoroastrians not call their saviour Saoshyant, which what you posted is their messiah?

Perhaps focus on the concept instead of the person Christianity embodies their messiah in. It might help you understand it better.

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Do they have to speak Hebrew to have a messiah, May? Can Zoroastrians not call their saviour Saoshyant, which what you posted is their messiah?

Perhaps focus on the concept instead of the person Christianity embodies their messiah in. It might help you understand it better.

Saoshyant is a Zoroastrian word.

According to what you posted, it was saoshyant they call not messiah. It’s a different language.

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Saoshyant is a Zoroastrians word.

They both mean saviour, May.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

They both mean saviour, May.

That means they both mean Christ.

“Savior” is a English word same as “christ”
There’s a word for what savior mean in Hebrew and Zoroastrian.

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

That means they both mean Christ.

“Savior” is a English word same as “christ”

Really, May? So, if I am your saviour, I must be Christ, right? I can't just be a person who saved you from say, hunger, or being hit by a bus?
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Really, May? So, if I am your saviour, I must be Christ, right? I can't just be a person who saved you from say, hunger, or being hit by a bus?

Savior is a English word.. what do they call savior in Zoroastrian?
Call them by their name, and leave messiah for the Hebrew

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Savior is a English word.. what do they call savior in Zoroastrian?
Call them by their name, and leave messiah for the Hebrew

Messiah is not a name, except for Christians who think no one else but them can be saved by a person they call Messiah.

One does not call ideas and concepts by "their names", May. They are ideas and concepts, and not people.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Messiah is not a name, except for Christians who think no one else but them can be saved by a person they call Messiah.

One does not call ideas and concepts by "their names", May. They are ideas and concepts, and not people.

Messiah is a title gotten from Hebrew.
Jesus is a messiah so as joshua.

Yeah the Christians that wrote the New Testament, didn’t you call the book, dumb down version?
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Messiah is a title gotten from Hebrew.
Jesus is a messiah so as joshua.

Well, according to you, Saoshyant is a messiah too.

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Well, according to you, Saoshyant is a messiah too.

Savior is a English word..

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Yeah the Christians that wrote the New Testament, didn’t you call the book, dumb down version?

I called an understanding that insists on believing, a dumbed down version.

I myself consider the Bible one of the most undumb books out there. Pity dumb belief is what most get from it.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

I called an understanding that insists on believing, a dumbed down version.

I myself consider the Bible one of the most undumb books out there. Pity dumb belief is what most get from it.

The Bible means collection of books, some books in it are awesome.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:31pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Savior is a English word..

So, if I say I will saoshyan you, you will understand I'm saving you right? And if I say I'm your messiah you'd not say I was Christ?
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:32pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The Bible means collection of books, some books in it are awesome.

I think the entire collection of books is awesome. I'm wading through it once more.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

So, if I say I will saoshyan you, you will understand I'm saving you right? And if I say I'm your messiah you'd not say I was Christ?

Why are you mixing a Zoroastrian word with English?

Messiah is a Hebrew word, chritos is a Greek word, Christos is gotten from messiah. What does messiah mean in Hebrew?

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

I think the entire collection of books is awesome. I'm wading through it once more.

You should check other books that were left out in the version you are reading.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

You should check other books that were left out in the version you are reading.

I'm certain you already read me refer to other books, May.

Please, not only "other books that were left out in the version", but other books that are completely unrelated to that single book, like those by or about Buddha, Osiris, Aristotle, Plato, Heraclitus, Fela, Paul, Mohammed, Lao Tzu, Osiris, etc etc etc.

I would not ask you not to live by bread alone so as not to be ignorant and stupid, and then myself only eat bread!
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

I'm certain you already read me refer to other books, May.

Please, not only "other books that were left out in the version", but other books that are completely unrelated to that single book, like those by or about Buddha, Osiris, Aristotle, Plato, Heraclitus, Fela, Paul, Mohammed, Lao Tzu, Osiris, etc etc etc.

I would not ask you not to live by bread alone so as not to be ignorant and stupid, and then myself only eat bread!

The books that were left out by the canon and the Catholic Church. The Bible literally means collection of books.
hope you know the Ethiopian Bible is the most complete Bible.
You know, revelation didn’t almost make it through
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Why are you mixing a Zoroastrian word with English?

Messiah is a Hebrew word, chritos is a Greek word, Christos is gotten from messiah. What does messiah mean in Hebrew?

Because I do not eat only bread, and because I understand the messianic concept and idea.

Messiah means saviour. It is not the name of a any person just as much as doctor or welder is not one person's name.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:45pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Because I do not eat only bread, and because I understand the messianic concept and idea.

Messiah means saviour. It is not the name of a any person just as much as doctor or welder is not one person's name.

You are obsessed with that Hebrew word huh. You are saying “messianic” because you’ve read stories about it. If you were born in another place, you’ll use that language to call whatever instead of Hebrew.

Messiah means what? Is savior a Hebrew word? Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020 / Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / Watch This Litte Boy Doing REAL Magic With JUJU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.