Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

What Is God? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is God? (9869 Views)

Is God Really Omniscience? Does He Know Everything? / Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / Is God Sovereign? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The books that were left out by the canon and the Catholic Church. The Bible literally means collection of books.
hope you know the Ethiopian Bible is the most complete Bible.
You know, revelation didn’t almost make it through

Yes I do know. Rutherford H. Platt's The Forgotten Books of Eden is a very good book on the subject.

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Yes I do know. Rutherford H. Platt's The Forgotten Books of Eden is a very good book on the subject.

Why not read the subject?
Ethiopian Bible is the most complete Bible.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

You are obsessed with that Hebrew word huh. You are saying “messianic” because you’ve read stories about it. If you were born in another place, you’ll use that language to call whatever instead of Hebrew.

Messiah means what? Is savior a Hebrew word? Lol
I wonder which of us introduced "messiah" here. I bet it wasn't me.

I use "messiah" because it's what is understood by most here. I could use Buddhist words instead, but they'd fly over most people's heads, especially when I claim no messiah will save anyone who does not save their self.

https://www.nairaland.com/5235687/should-spirit-filled-believer-succumb/1#102725494
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Why not read the subject?
Ethiopian Bible is the most complete Bible.

What subject, May?
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:56pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

I wonder which of us introduced "messiah" here. I bet it wasn't me.

I use "messiah" because it's what is understood by most here. I could use Buddhist words instead, but they'd fly over most people's heads, especially when I claim no messiah will save anyone who does not save their self.

https://www.nairaland.com/5235687/should-spirit-filled-believer-succumb/1#102725494

You said christ, Christos comes from messiah.

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

What subject, May?

The one you were talking about..

This is not the flex you think it is grin

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

You said christ, Christos comes from messiah.

I think you are the one who's obsessed with a word. And I'm asking you to expand your thinking beyond Christianity.

I can after all be a messiah to a person I give 1k to, and that wouldn't make me Christ.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

I think you are the one who's obsessed with a word. And I'm asking you to expand your thinking beyond Christianity.

I can after all be a messiah to a person I give 1k to, and that wouldn't make me Christ.

Messiah and Christ means same thing.

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The one you were talking about....

The subject was other books that did not make it into the Bible, May. Or do I sound to you like a person who only reads one book?
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:02pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

The subject was other books that did not make it into the Bible, May. Or do I sound to you like a person who only reads one book?

So why are you asking again lol

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Messiah and Christ means same thing.

Which both mean saviour, and which Zoroastrians will call saoshyant.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Which both mean saviour, and which Zoroastrians will call saoshyant.

This is where savior comes from. Does it have any Hebrew origin?
You have to ask Zoroastrian, it is there language

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

So why are you asking again lol

Here's one list with some books I read on the subject of religion, of which Christianity is only a subsection. It might help you understand my extent. It includes books not even considered for the Bible

And no, I have not read them all, but I been at it for about 20 years or so, just so you know.

As I keep repeating, not only bread, but every word the gods may have written.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Here's one list with some books I read on the subject of religion, of which Christianity is only a subsection. It might help you understand my extent. It includes books not even considered for the Bible

And no, I have not read them all, but I been at it for about 20 years or so, just so you know.

As I keep repeating, not only bread, but every word the gods may have written.

The link didn’t bring out a list of books You read.
Hope you are reading and practicing it.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The link didn’t bring out a list of books.
Hope you are reading and practicing it.

You must dig some. Here for the Christianity section.
https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/index.htm

And here's from Rutherford alone.
https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/index.htm

As for what I practice, by my fruits you should be able to tell, though I'm tempted to ask what you mean by "practice".
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

You must dig some. Here for the Christianity section.
https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/index.htm

And here's from Rutherford alone.
https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/index.htm

As for what I practice, by my fruits you should be able to tell, though I'm tempted to ask what you mean by "practice".

I’ll pass, I have better source. Thank you.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

I’ll pass, I have better source. Thank you.

Share please.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Share please.

One of it, The Ethiopian Bible.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

One of it, The Ethiopian Bible.

I take it you read Ge’ez and Amharic, because some of the text in that book have not yet been translated into English.

https://ethiopianorthodoxbible./2014/12/05/introduction/
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

I take it you read Ge’ez and Amharic, because some of the text in that book have not yet been translated into English.

https://ethiopianorthodoxbible./2014/12/05/introduction/

The Hebrew Bible was written in Aramaic(Hebrew) and it has been translated to Ethiopian Bible and the rest.
Ethiopian Bible is a translation of the Hebrew Bible.
You are trying too hard.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The Hebrew Bible was written in Aramaic(Hebrew) and it has been translated to Ethiopian Bible and the rest.
Ethiopian Bible is a translation of the Hebrew Bible.
You are trying too hard.

Has the Ethiopian Bible been translated into a language you can read, May?

Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

Has the Ethiopian Bible been translated into a language you can read, May?

The Ethiopian Bible is a translation of the Hebrew Bible.
The Hebrew Bible was not written in English.

You are trying too hard. It’s you that should read.
They said Ethiopian orthodox, you know what “orthodox” mean?
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

The Ethiopian Bible is a translation of the Hebrew Bible.
The Hebrew Bible was not written in English.

You are trying too hard. It’s you that should read.

The English Bible is also a translation of the Hebrew Bible, so why should I read it in a language I do not understand, if that's all you do?

There are some texts in the Ethiopian Bible that have not yet been translated, so you must indeed read Ge’ez and Amharic in which they are in.

Lucky you, is all I can say.
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

The English Bible is also a translation of the Hebrew Bible, so why should I read it in a language I do not understand, if that's all you do?

There are some texts in the Ethiopian Bible that have not yet been translated, so you must indeed read Ge’ez and Amharic in which they are in.

Lucky you, is all I can say.
Bro the Hebrew Bible was written in ahmaric/Aramaic language. And they translated it to Ethiopian bible and the rest, you are not understanding what you are reading, you are just learning it now to argue.

The English Bible which version? And it’s not a translation from the Hebrew Bible, it is translated from a Greek Bible.
The English Bible is a translation of a translation of a version of a version.

You are trying too hard.
Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

Bro the Hebrew Bible was written in ahmaric/Aramaic language. And they translated it to Ethiopian bible and the rest, you are not understanding what you are reading, you are just learning it now to argue.

The English Bible which version? And it’s not a translation from the Hebrew Bible, it is translated from a Greek Bible.
The English Bible is a translation of a translation of a version of a version.

You are trying too hard.

So, you read a translation of the Hebrew Bible translated into Ge’ez and Amharic, while I read the Bible in English translated from the Greek and the Hebrew.

Is there anything in your Ethiopian Bible that is not in the English, May?
Re: What Is God? by Maynman: 8:18pm On Apr 21, 2022
budaatum:

So, you read a translation of the Hebrew Bible translated into Ge’ez and Amharic, while I read the Bible in English translated from the Greek and the Hebrew.

Is there anything in your Ethiopian Bible that is not in the English, May?

I wish you’ll just calm down and learn. Take your time and learn what a Hebrew Bible is, what versions of Greek Bible we have and which version was used to translate to English Bible.
Because you are just taking the “Ethiopian, Hebrew, English” Bible as literal.

The “original language” is in Hebrew(aramaic) for Old Testament and Greek for New Testament. Hebrew Bible is not a translation, it’s the original Bible lol.

I concede, you win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is God? by budaatum: 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2022
Maynman:

I wish you’ll just calm down and learn. Take your time and learn what a Hebrew Bible is, what versions of Greek Bible we have and which version was used to translate to English Bible.
Because you are just taking the “Ethiopian, Hebrew, English” Bible as literal.

I concede, you win.
Don't you think it is you who needs to calm down May? How can I possibly be taking stories and allegory and mythology as literal?

Unless you are reading your Bible in the original language, you are reading a translation too, and likely a translation from a translation, so what makes you any different?

I was looking for this for you. It's a list of messiahs who died and resurected.
https://www.nairaland.com/5133664/list-gods-died-resurrected-after#77535437

1 Like

Re: What Is God? by Freeze007(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2022
God is a semantic from the word, Go(o)d...The only person that is Good is Father, the existed in all existences, for example He is Leader and Teacher of all that is created. since I am not Omnipresent I believe in the land of Mankind or humans he is a guide to direct the affairs of man, in the Kingdom of plants He is pollinating and feeding them in a way I can not physically explain, as with other creatures seen and not seen...God is Almighty Father who is a supernatural Teacher

budaatum:
This question was asked of me by MuttleyLaff here. I have created a thread for it to share it with others who may not wish to derail John's Gospel.

His question has provoked thought in me and I believe it would provoke thought in you too. So, no knee jerks please. Think before you respond.

What is God?

Re: What Is God? by KnownUnknown: 10:48am On Nov 07, 2022
Freeze007:
God is a semantic from the word, Go(o)d...

https://www.etymonline.com/word/god

Popular etymology has long derived God from good; but a comparison of the forms ... shows this to be an error. Moreover, the notion of goodness is not conspicuous in the heathen conception of deity, and in good itself the ethical sense is comparatively late. [Century Dictionary, 1897]

2 Likes

Re: What Is God? by Maynnmaan: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
Freeze007:
God is a semantic from the word, Go(o)d...The only person that is Good is Father, the existed in all existences, for example He is Leader and Teacher of all that is created. since I am not Omnipresent I believe in the land of Mankind or humans he is a guide to direct the affairs of man, in the Kingdom of plants He is pollinating and feeding them in a way I can not physically explain, as with other creatures seen and not seen...God is Almighty Father who is a supernatural Teacher

“Good” is not a Semantic word.
god comes from germanic origin gudan, which means “to pour”.

Re: What Is God? by Freeze007(m): 8:49pm On Nov 07, 2022
God is a semantic, from the word Good....Please this was taught me by my Teacher and I hold is concept in high repute, have you learnt anything about Leader Olumba Olumba Obu?

Maynnmaan:

“Good” is not a Semantic word.
god comes from germanic origin gudan, which means “to pour”.
Re: What Is God? by Maynnmaan: 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2022
Freeze007:
God is a semantic, from the word Good....Please this was taught me by my Teacher and I hold is concept in high repute, have you learnt anything about Leader Olumba Olumba Obu?

God is an English word from germanic origin, gudan.
Which reference did your teacher make to defend this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020 / Watch This Litte Boy Doing REAL Magic With JUJU / Who's Your Favourite Bible Character?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.