Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,413 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (30660 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You do not have to agree. But the facts stand out that Jesus NEVER said in the days of Abiathar WHEN he was the highpriest. He was simply describing him based on his office later especially since he was trying to pass a memorable message across and had to use a memorable character AROUND THAT TIME who was well known to the Pharisees (who were also priests) who were the custodians of the law.

Ahimelech could not be used as a reference due to his unpopular nature.

In the days was simply a time frame as I have repeatedly said.

Exactly, He could have also said in the times of Abiathar the High Priest just to clarify which Abiathar He was referring to...

Who knows, there could also have been Abiathar the General or Abiathar the sorcerer...

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkCornel:

Exactly, He could have also said in the times of Abiathar the High Priest just to clarify which Abiathar He was referring to...

Who knows, there could also have been Abiathar the General or Abiathar the sorcerer...

Very true.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You do not have to agree. But the facts stand out that Jesus NEVER said in the days of Abiathar WHEN he was the highpriest. He was simply describing him based on his office later especially since he was trying to pass a memorable message across and had to use a memorable character AROUND THAT TIME who was well known to the Pharisees (who were also priests) who were the custodians of the law.

Ahimelech could not be used as a reference due to his unpopular nature.

In the days was simply a time frame as I have repeatedly said.

I agree, the facts stand out. Jesus quoted "in the days of Abiathar the High Priest ..." a clear and simple statement. That statement read on its own does not give the inference that it is a referral to Ahimelech the father. No one who is unaware of the related scripture in the Book of Samuel can draw such a conclusion. Look at the contortions even you have had to go through to arrive at your position. It is a clear error.

3 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkCornel:

And how many Abiathar's who were High Priests at the time of King David, in whose temple David ate Holy bread do you suppose existed or were recorded?

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

I agree, the facts stand out. Jesus quoted "in the days of Abiathar the High Priest ..." a clear and simple statement. That statement read on its own does not give the inference that it is a referral to Ahimelech the father. No one who is unaware of the related scripture in the Book of Samuel can draw such a conclusion. Look at the contortions even you have had to go through to arrive at your position. It is a clear error.

I did not go through any contortions. Simply pointing out what your "3rd eye" seems to somehow fail to see yet my "2 eyes" can see.

If I say in the days of sarassin the voodoo priest I would be using your office to establish the sarassin I am talking about especially if I was talking to a set of people who probably either knew of other sarassins or could only identify your sarassin by your office.

Now this your office would be a subject of time if I had said "when" but I never said so.

In the days of Samuel they knew of Ahimelech because it was his time but fast forward to the days of Christ, the unpopular nature of ahimelech in that time did not make him a good point of reference when Jesus wanted to talk about the Sabbath.

He was dealing with priests when he made this comment and he had to use a notable figure to assert his claim so he used Abiathar who was a highpriest Within the time frame of this occurrence .

In your own words, kindly explain what "in the days" means. OkCornel already used a perfect expression to express it further. He said IN THE TIMES OF ABIATHAR. Which connotes time frame and not exact period of highpriesthood (as it were).

4 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

And how many Abiathar's who were High Priests at the time of King David, in whose temple David ate Holy bread do you suppose existed or were recorded?

Read his comment again. He never said there were other abiathars who were highpriests. I already gave this example in one of my comments when I made reference to a plumber.

He said, there could have been others bearing the name Abiathar in that time so he needed to make the clear distinction and I added to that by saying he said it also for sake of import due to the popularity of Abiathar.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Read his comment again. He never said there were other abiathars who were highpriests. I already gave this example in one of my comments when I made reference to a plumber.

He said, there could have been others bearing the name Abiathar in that time so he needed to make the clear distinction and I added to that by saying he said it also for sake of import due to the popularity of Abiathar.

And I replied that there was no need for any distinctions as you claim. Jesus had already set the context, the event took place in the House of God with King David whilst Abiathar was High Priest.

2 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

And I replied that there was no need for any distinctions as you claim. Jesus had already set the context, the event took place in the House of God with King David whilst Abiathar was High Priest.

Not while he was highpriest. Within the period he became highpriest. You cannot win this one so stop trying to twist the scripture. I asked you to explain in your own words the phrase "in the days".

I am still waiting.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I did not go through any contortions. ...

In the days of Samuel they knew of Ahimelech because it was his time but fast forward to the days of Christ, the unpopular nature of ahimelech in that time did not make him a good point of reference when Jesus wanted to talk about the Sabbath.

He was dealing with priests when he made this comment and he had to use a notable figure to assert his claim so he used Abiathar who was a highpriest Within the time frame of this occurrence .

Ok, fine. Since you say that due to the unpopular nature of Ahimelech it would have made a bad reference, and that Jesus had to use a notable figure? Using the statement of Jesus in the Book of Mark show us how you have arrived at that conclusion. Demonstrate how you arrived at the conclusion that Jesus felt the need to use a "notable figure"

2 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

You know with this line of thought there's absolutely nothing one can prove to be a lie in the Bible no matter how outlandish it seems cos all you'd say is that God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform.

An ass talking to man- lies
A serpent talking to Eve- lies
God raining down stones from heaven against the children of moab - lies
Herod killing all the firstborns in Jesus' time - lies

It is well accepted by biblical scholars that numbers in the bible are usually exaggerated. As in lies.

But for Christians these are all miracles or the mysterious actions of God. Nobody would believe these things if they were in the illiad and odyssey.[/b]They'd call them myths and legends and rightly so for that is what they are. For example [b]Muslims say the Prophet ascended into heaven on a flying horse. Would you as a Christian believe that? You'd probably say it's a lie. But to a Muslim it's the truth. If you ask the Muslim 'why do you believe it's the truth'?
he'd say 'it's written in the Quran'

Catch 22 situation.
You gave me the go ahead to open this thread so that you can present the contradictions, absurdities, historical untruths and lies in my Bible, so far you have failed woefully, as you have shifted grounds in bringing in Hellenism and Islam into the discussion.

The purpose of this thread is not about me believing or disbelieving what the Hellenist and Muslims believe.

Pls present your Historical untruths of the Bible, lets begin with that.

And, pls post scriptures alongside. Thank you

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

Ok, fine. Since you say that due to the unpopular nature of Ahimelech it would have made a bad reference, and that Jesus had to use a notable figure? Using the statement of Jesus in the Book of Mark show us how you have arrived at that conclusion. Demonstrate how you arrived at the conclusion that Jesus felt the need to use a "notable figure"

I already did earlier.

1. Those who confronted him were the Pharisees who were also priests and custodians of the law

2. Jesus in response had to refer them to someone just like them who became a highpriest in his time and in whose period of priesthood, David did eat the shewbread. When he became a highpriest it is worthy of note that he was very very close to David and helped David during the time of the rebellion of Absalom. An act he should not have done when he became highpriest knowing that David flouted the law by eating the shewbread from the temple.

The Priests are meant to uphold the law and if the very popular Abiathar who was to be highpriest in the days of David did not frown at the act of David in the time of the law when he should have then is it the time of Christ who is the Lord of the Sabbath that the same Pharisees who are also custodians of the law should frown at it?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Not while he was highpriest. Within the period he became highpriest. You cannot win this one so stop trying to twist the scripture. I asked you to explain in your own words the phrase "in the days".

I am still waiting.

There is nothing to "win" here and there is nothing to explain. Jesus' words are quite clear and there's no need to split a homogeneous statement by Jesus just for the sake of apologetics. If you believe that Jesus' statement in the Book of Mark was truly referring to Ahimelech then fine, I respect your position and I leave it at that.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

There is nothing to "win" here and there is nothing to explain. Jesus' words are quite clear and there's no need to split was a homogeneous statement by Jesus just for the sake of apologetics. If you believe that Jesus' statement in the Book of Mark was truly referring to Ahimelech then fine, I respect your position and I leave it at that.

There is no split. I am still waiting for you to explain in your own words the phrase "in the days".

Sarassin do not disappoint me by acting as if you have not seen me ask this twice before. wink

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 8:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
Afobear:
yes I can ...because they are all bullshits
Go ahead and try.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Nooo. Please remove my moniker from the topic of the thread. It's not necessary. And moreover I don't want to be getting mentions. Do that and I will fire my first salvo
Yes, your moniker will be there. I threw you a wager and you caught it. So, it was suppose to actually be between both of us only, but i decided to invite others.

Pls present your points with Bible passages

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

You gave me the go ahead to open this thread so that you can present the contradictions, absurdities, historical untruths and lies in my Bible, so far you have failed woefully, as you have shifted grounds in bringing in Hellenism and Islam into the discussion.

The purpose of this thread is not about me believing or disbelieving what the Hellenist and Muslims believe.

Pls present your Historical untruths of the Bible, lets begin with that.

And, pls post scriptures alongside. Thank you
Hahahaha hahahaha@failed woefully. Those are just preliminary observations. Just remove my moniker from the thread title. I didn't give you permission to use my moniker to open the thread. You could have opened it and simply mentioned me.

If you think I'm one to chicken out of a challenge of this nature you don't have no clue
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

There is no split. I am still waiting for you to explain in your own words the phrase "in the days".

Sarassin do not disappoint me by acting as if you have not seen me ask this twice before. wink

Asked and answered severally. It is blinding obvious in the context of the verse in Mark, that Jesus is referring to events that took place during the “days” being the period of Abiathar’s tenure as High Priest. There can be no other interpretation.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

Asked and answered severally. It is blinding obvious in the context of the verse in Mark, that Jesus is referring to events that took place during the “days” being the period of Abiathar’s tenure as High Priest. There can be no other interpretation.

This is not what I asked for.

I said explain the phrase "in the days"

I did not say make reference to the scriptures. Simply find expression to it.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha@failed woefully. Those are just preliminary observations. Just remove my moniker from the thread title. I didn't give you permission to use my moniker to open the thread. You could have opened it and simply mentioned me.

If you think I'm one to chicken out of a challenge of this nature you don't have no clue

Is there any so called contradiction you can muster that is greater than those already thrashed here?

Why not give it your best shot.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:
Not while he was highpriest. Within the period he became highpriest.
You cannot win this one
so stop trying to twist the scripture.
I asked you to explain in your own words the phrase "in the days".

I am still waiting.

Sarassin:
There is nothing to "win" here
and there is nothing to explain.
Jesus' words are quite clear and there's no need to split a homogeneous statement by Jesus just for the sake of apologetics.
If you believe that Jesus' statement in the Book of Mark was truly referring to Ahimelech then fine, I respect your position and I leave it at that.
I am quite sure the "win" was a misspeak
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Yes, your moniker will be there. I threw you a wager and you caught it. So, it was suppose to actually be between both of us only, but i decided to invite others.

You threw me a wager and I accepted it does not mean you'd use my moniker to open the thread. I find that disrespectful and offensive. I have politely asked you to remove it cos when I accepted the challenge I didn't accept that my moniker would be used as the title of the thread. That was never stated by you as part of the bargain.
Since you want to look for a cheap means of saying ohhh he's run away, then I'd simply abandon your thread and open another one where I'd post all the contradictions and lies since you cannot out of respect oblige my simple request.

But for the record I'm not chickening out. Naaa. I'd open the thread and post the link here on this thread so that everyone can know I stood by the challenge.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

You threw me a wager and I accepted it does not mean you'd use my moniker to open the thread. I find that disrespectful and offensive. I have politely asked you to remove it cos when I accepted the challenge I didn't accept that my moniker would be used as the title of the thread. That was never stated by you as part of the bargain.
Since you want to look for a cheap means of saying ohhh he's run away, then I'd simply abandon your thread and open another one where I'd post all the contradictions and lies since you cannot out of respect oblige my simple request.

But for the record I'm not chickening out. Naaa. I'd open the thread and post the link here on this thread so that everyone can know I stood by the challenge.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

C'mon mayne, all this whining over a ten a penny ID?
Disrespectful? Offensive? Pftt
Pull the other leg
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

By fiat? Even when I ask in the most polite terms that you take off my moniker you insist it must be there? OK.

I will open a thread and post the contradictions and lies there. My moniker on this thread is a trophy for you. Carry am go chop eba.

Cos all you needed to do was to open a thread and make an introductory remark, mention me and i'd show up.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
C'mon mayne, all this whining over a ten a penny ID?
Disrespectful? Offensive? Pftt
Pull the other leg
Not whining. Not at all. I don't like it that my moniker is on the thread. That was not the bargain at all. My moniker on the thread has nothing to do with showing the contradictions and the lies in the bible.
I am not one to run from an intellectual debate. Argument na my work. I mean it even professionally. So forget about whining.

Let him remove my moniker and let's get down to business.
And do quit the condescension in your tone @the bolded. Respect is my first and last touchstone for any sort of engagement.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

This is not what I asked for.

I said explain the phrase "in the days"

I did not say make reference to the scriptures. Simply find expression to it.

The phrase "in the days" means exactly that, 'within the days howsoever stipulated'. You see context is required.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2018

Pls give me the go ahead to open a thread for the contradictions, lies, absurdities, and historical untruths in the Bible. And, promise to stay through while we trash these issues out.

You present them, i treat them.

I'm waiting to hear you say 'Go ahead
'.

This is what I agreed to. Nowhere did you say you'd open a thread with my moniker on it as part of the title. You didn't say 'give me the go ahead to open the thread with your moniker as part of the title.' So stand by what I agreed to. Open the thread without my moniker as part of the title and we are good. Already I've even given preliminary instances of lies in the bible showing that I am ready for this challenge.

Cc Emmanystone
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

The phrase "in the days" means exactly that, 'within the days howsoever stipulated'. You see context is required.

Good. Since you said WITHIN the days, is this not referring to a time bracket? What you said is simply WITHIN A BRACKET OF DAYS. This is you saying something like IN THE DAYS OF YOUR YOUTH. Your youth was sure but the time span of your youth is not stated. You only gave a time bracket.

Were you once a youth? Yes

Did you say WHEN you were a youth? No

Did your statement imply a time bracket of your youth period? Yes.

I hope you get it now?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

By fiat? Even when I ask in the most polite terms that you take off my moniker you insist it must be there? OK.

I will open a thread and post the contradictions and lies there. My moniker on this thread is a trophy for you. Carry am go chop eba.

Cos all you needed to do was to open thread and make an introductory remark, mention me and i'd show up.

She decided to do one better. She decided not to mention just you but to also include others. We are not complaining, so why the fuss over a disposable ID?

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 9:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
If there is a whining competition in the Olympics, even without test trials, Naija will be guaranteed a place on the Gold podium
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Not whining. Not at all. I don't like it that my moniker is on the thread. That was not the bargain at all. My moniker on the thread has nothing to do with showing the contradictions and the lies in the bible.
I am not one to run from an intellectual debate. Argument na my work. I mean it even professionally. So forget about whining.

Let him remove my moniker and let's get down to business.
And do quit the condescension in your tone @the bolded. Respect is my first and last touchstone for any sort of engagement.

Mujtahida:
This is what I agreed to. Nowhere did you say you open a thread with my moniker on it. You didn't say 'give me the go ahead to open the thread with moniker.' So stand by what I agreed to. Open the thread without my moniker and we are good.

Cc Emmanystone

butterflyl1on:
She decided to do one better. She decided not to mention just you but to also include others. We are not complaining, so why the fuss over a disposable ID?
I think we should advise him to copyright and trademark Mujtahida
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=65454240][/quote]

He says he isn't whining yet that entire post is nothing but a very looooooong whine. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government / Stephanie Otobo Finally Confesses To Lying Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / Bishop Oyedepo: "Inclusion Of Arabic Studies In Police Recruitment Unacceptable"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.