Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,938 members, 7,810,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (30680 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I think we should advise him to copyright and trademark Mujtahida

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yes he did but that doesn't mean he did whatever they end up doing with the money just like my giving someone money to do whatever they wanted to do with it doesn't mean I did whatever they did with it as the money seizes to be mine the moment I gave it away
Yes he did tell them what to do with his money? Asin, he told them to buy a piece of land from where he'd be buried he killes himself? Lolzzz.

Your analogy is very funny. Judas didn't give the Priests the money as a gift, so your position is invalidated. If he went back to them and said. 'You guys, thank you for helping me betray my Friend, to show my appreciation, pls accept this token from me. I'm giving back the money you paid me as a token of my appreciation,' and the Priests accepted it with goodwill', then your position will be valid.

He took the blood money back, he knew it won't be taken from him, and they didn't. He cast the money on the ground and went away to his dead. He consented whatever the money was used for.
hopefulLandlord:

No! the only thing he consented to is that the money is no longer his just like my giving a homeless man a few dollar bills doesn't mean I've consented to whatever he ends up doing with it.
Unfortunately is not them same thing. You gave a homeless man money (Goodwill). Was Judas's money a gift to the Priest?

hopefulLandlord:

Otherwise employerr too should be arrested when the salary they paid to an employee end up being used to buy hard drugs
Lolzzzzz. Again, it is not the same thing. If a Kidnapper demands for a ransom and he receives it, if he changes his mind and returns it to the victims family because his captive died in his custody, but the family rejects the money, but calls the police instead, shd the kidnapper be tried for his crime in Court? If Yes, In court shd the money be entered in as exhibit (the Kidnappers money) or as his victim's money?

Your stand here says, since the kidnapper brought back the man, whether the victim's family accosts it back or not, it has become a gift to them. Wow.

Hope, the money became Judas' money. Since he took his life and it was obvious no family member came out to claim his remains, his money worked for him by buying a piece of land as a burial place for him.

His money served him well.

2 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

So far all you have posted have been shown not to be contradictions so what MORE contradictions are you still referring to? cheesy
The guy lacks the wit to engage in a discourse.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:
'.

This is what I agreed to. Nowhere did you say you'd open a thread with my moniker on it as part of the title. You didn't say 'give me the go ahead to open the thread with your moniker as part of the title.' So stand by what I agreed to. Open the thread without my moniker as part of the title and we are good. Already I've even given preliminary instances of lies in the bible showing that I am ready for this challenge.

Cc Emmanystone
You challenged me by saying my book was full of contradictions, historical untruths, absurdities and lies, and i asked you if i shd open a thread to that effect if you could provide the errors in the Bible? You said yes ago ahead.

This thread was to bear your name because you challenged me. I took the bait and here we are.

Infact, it shd have just been you and i in this thread, others would have just been observers.

Pls, let's go on with the Business of you providing me with the errors in my Bible.

No body knows you by your moniker outside here anyways. You never even knew i was female till today. It's just a moniker.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Good. Since you said WITHIN the days, is this not referring to a time bracket? What you said is simply WITHIN A BRACKET OF DAYS. This is you saying something like IN THE DAYS OF YOUR YOUTH. Your youth was sure but the time span of your youth is not stated. You only gave a time bracket.

Were you once a youth? Yes

Did you say WHEN you were a youth? No

Did your statement imply a time bracket of your youth period? Yes.

I hope you get it now?

Not quite so fast hombre. Semantic jiggery-pokery does not get you even a bag of chips.

We know from the Book of Samuel that at the time the event took place Ahimelech was in fact the High Priest, this is common ground.

If as you claim, Abiathar had only been ordained a “Priest” at the time the stated event took place and bearing in mind that Ahimelech was at this time the High Priest would it not make more sense using your definitions of “during the days” for Jesus to simply state “during the days of Abiathar the Priest” which would be the far more accurate statement?

We then ask, what was the intention of that statement in Mark? Again I state that nobody who reads that statement in isolation can form any other conclusion other than that Jesus clearly states that Abiathar was High Priest at the time of the event. I hope you get it now?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

By fiat? Even when I ask in the most polite terms that you take off my moniker you insist it must be there? OK.

I will open a thread and post the contradictions and lies there. My moniker on this thread is a trophy for you. Carry am go chop eba.

Cos all you needed to do was to open a thread and make an introductory remark, mention me and i'd show up.
Hmmm. You seem to be new here. It's no big deal that your moniker is there nah.

Lolzzzzzzz. This debate na me and you o. You want be ghost before? You can't challenge me and disappear.

I keep saying this to you atheists, i'm a different kind of breed. I'm not timid. You guys have a way of thinking Christians ought to run and hide when you launch out. Sorry, if you come at me, i will be right here.

If you open another thread instead of this, i won't appear there.

2 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

You challenged me by saying my book was full of contradictions, historical untruths, absurdities and lies, and i asked you if i shd open a thread to that effect if you could provide the errors in the Bible? You said yes ago ahead.

This thread was to bear your name because you challenged me. I took the bait and here we are.

Infact, it shd have just been you and i in this thread, others would have just been observers.

Pls, let's go on with the Business of you providing me with the errors in my Bible.

No body knows you by your moniker outside here anyways. You never even knew i was female till today. It's just a moniker.
It's just a simple request but though simple it means a lot to me. Opening the thread with my moniker wasnt what I agreed to. Since you are not minded to oblige me then I excuse myself from the thread. But for the record I'd open a thread and post the lies and contradictions and absurdities and historical untruths in your book.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha@failed woefully. Those are just preliminary observations. Just remove my moniker from the thread title. I didn't give you permission to use my moniker to open the thread. You could have opened it and simply mentioned me.

If you think I'm one to chicken out of a challenge of this nature you don't have no clue
You agreed to have ago at me. So do it.

I remember once Ambasagod asked Hop.efullandlord if he was ready to engage him, and if he shd open a thread for them to have a go at each other, Hope.fullandlord agreed, the thread was opened with Hopeful.landlord's moniker plastered on the title, he didn't cry.
Why are you crying?

2 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

You agreed to have ago at me. So do it.

I remember once Ambasagod asked Hop.efullandlord if he was ready to engage him, and if he shd open a thread for them to have a go at each other, Hope.fullandlord agreed, the thread was opened with Hopeful.landlord's moniker plastered on the title, he didn't cry.
Why are you crying?
I am not hopeful.landlord, am I? Stick to the terms of our agreement. Simple.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
ShadowFighter:

This is one contradiction nobody have been able to explain fully.
You term it a contradiction because you are lazy to do a thorough study of it. Butterfly1on has provided the answer to that. It's now up to you to take it or leave it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Hmmm. You seem to be new here. It's no big deal that your moniker is there nah.

Lolzzzzzzz. This debate na me and you o. You want be ghost before? You can't challenge me and disappear.

I keep saying this to you atheists, i'm a different kind of breed. I'm not timid. You guys have a way of thinking Christians ought to run and hide when you launch out. Sorry, if you come at me, i will be right here.

If you open another thread instead of this, i won't appear there.
You assume too much. I am an atheist because I don't believe in Jehovah, the Jewish idol? You assume too much.
Disappear how? When I'd be on the thread gidigba but for you using my moniker on the title? Argument na my work ooo not to talk of arguing against a religion I detest so much. It's too small a challenge.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Mujtahida:
You assume too much. I am an atheist because I don't believe in Jehovah, the Jewish idol? You assume too much.
Disappear how? When I'd be on the thread gidigba but for you using my moniker on the title? Argument na my work ooo not to talk of arguing against a religion I detest so much. It's too small a challenge.
Ah-ha what is it again now?
Why are you so attached to the Mujtahida ID?
What's so special about it that you are so sentimental over it?
Does it vomit bundles of money after twelve midnight?
What is it gangan paapaa sef?
You're increasingly turning into a drip with this your whining now raised to the power 2

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Ah-ha what is it now?
Why are you so attached to the Mujtahida ID?
What's so special about it that are so sentimental over it?
Does it vomit bundles of money after twelve midnight?
What is it gangan?
You're increasingly turning into a drip with this your whining now raised to the power 2

Ohhhhhh pleasssse. Get a hang. Don't push me to become caustic as I can well be cos I get the undertones of your comments. Get off my back! Na your moniker? Am I your witness that you'd cross examine with question that show you have no respect for a man's freedom of choice? Hold it there jare. Imagine the audacity of asking me bovine questions. If there's anyone who's dripping like irritating droplets it's you. Na your moniker? Are you the one who opened the thread? What's your aggro? There's a certain invincible boundary you want to cross with your heckling and nagging.

Emmanystone has been polite in her positions and that's what I expect from any other person. Mutual respect. If you want to be insultive by throwing subtle shades I will just ignore you. If you think you can railroad me particularly with your hounding pursuit then omo you are on the wrong Road. You'd hit a brickwall.

I respect you. If you cannot extend the same grace to me then there's no basis for discussing with you.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Sarassin:

And how many Abiathar's who were High Priests at the time of King David, in whose temple David ate Holy bread do you suppose existed or were recorded?

Rephrase your question to something simple...

How many Abiathars existed in the days of David? Many of course...

Jesus made specific reference to Abiathar the High Priest...and not Abiathar the soldier or thief or sorcerer for a specific reason...

Let us rephrase this..."In the days of Wole Soyinka the Nobel Prize winner" What does this statement mean to you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

This is so true

Imagine, Abijah spoke to 1,200,000 soldiers at one time with no amplifier. Even Yahweh never managed to do that lol
Which amplifier did YHWH used when he addressed more than 3million Jews in the wilderness? Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkCornel:

So if Jesus has fulfilled the Law...are you now obliged to follow the Law He fulfilled?

Can you please read up Acts 15?
Brother, abeg nah, stop. Which law did Jesus fulfill? Tje sacrificial laws or moral laws? Aren't the moral laws of Moses still binding on us today?

When Jesus was asked which commandment was the greatest, wasn't it the 10 Commandment of Moses?

Jesus was the sacrificial lamb the Jews always sacrificed to cover their sins, when he died, that ended. But other 'thou shall not steal, commit adultery, lie and kill' are still binding on us till tomorrow.

No one can separate Christianity from Judaism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 10:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:
Ohhhhhh pleasssse. Get a hang. Don't push me to become caustic as I can well be cos I get the undertones of your comments. Get off my back! Na your moniker?
Emmanystone has been polite in her positions and that's what I expect from any other person. Mutual respect. If you want to be insultive by throwing subtle shades I will just ignore you. If you think you can railroad me particularly with your hounding pursuit then omo you are on the wrong Road. You'd hit a brickwall.
The moniker isn't copyrighted nor trademarked.

You can gra-gra, huff and puff till your face turns blue, nothing is going to change.

You can whine until when the chickens come home to roost it won't change nada

If I were you, that had my ID on a thread, I would have just shut my eyes, stick my fingers in my ears, and not be bothered
Your going on about it, is much ado about nothing.
It's only a moniker
Grab a chill pill mayne.

Mujtahida:
I respect you.
If you cannot extend the same grace to me then there's no basis for discussing with you
The respect is mutual brother
Right shame, if you feel this way, over a ten-a-penny moniker
I have never come across such so emotionally attached to a moniker like you've demonstrated.
What is at stake, if your moniker remains pinned to the thread title?
You aren't libelled, you aren't slandered, so what is it?
Psychology? Power game?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Brother, abeg nah, stop. Which law did Jesus fulfill? Tje sacrificial laws or moral laws? Aren't the moral laws of Moses still binding on us today?

When Jesus was asked which commandment was the greatest, wasn't it the 10 Commandment of Moses?

Jesus was the sacrificial lamb the Jews always sacrificed to cover their sins, when he died, that ended. But other 'thou shall not steal, commit adultery, lie and kill' are still binding on us till tomorrow.

Then explain what happened in Acts 15.

If you love God and man, you have fulfilled and surpassed what the Law requires of you...These are Jesus' words not mine...

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:
'.

This is what I agreed to. Nowhere did you say you'd open a thread with my moniker on it as part of the title. You didn't say 'give me the go ahead to open the thread with your moniker as part of the title.' So stand by what I agreed to. Open the thread without my moniker as part of the title and we are good. Already I've even given preliminary instances of lies in the bible showing that I am ready for this challenge.

Cc Emmanystone
Can you see clearly why your moniker needs to be there. 'pls give me the go ahead to open a thread... You present, i treat, was the wager, It was meant for just both of us. Your moniker being there tells everyone that you are the main focus here. You present, i treat

2 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

Acts 15

1 Then came down certain from Judea, and taught the brethren, saying, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 And when there was great dissension, and disputation by Paul and Barnabas against them, they ordained that Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the Apostles and Elders about this question.

3 Thus being brought forth by the Church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles, and they brought great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the Church, and of the Apostles and Elders, and they declared what things God had done by them.

5 But said they, certain of the sect of the Pharisees, which did believe, rose up, saying that it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.

6 Then the Apostles and Elders came together to look to this matter.

7 And when there had been great disputation, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Ye men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago, among us God chose out me, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the Gospel, and believe.

8 And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, in giving unto them the holy Ghost even as he did unto us.

9 And he put no difference between us and them, after that by faith he had purified their hearts.

10 Now therefore, why tempt ye God, to lay a yoke on the disciples’ necks, which neither our fathers, nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe, through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, even as they do.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and heard Barnabas and Paul, which told what signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles by them.

13 And when they held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me.

14 Simeon hath declared, how God first did visit the Gentiles, to take of them a people unto his Name.

15 And to this agree the words of the Prophets, as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the Tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and the ruins thereof will I build again, and I will set it up.

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom my Name is called, saith the Lord which doeth all these things.

18 From the beginning of the world, God knoweth all his works.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, seeing he is read in the Synagogues every Sabbath day.

22 Then it seemed good to the Apostles and Elders with the whole Church to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: to wit, Judas whose surname was Barsabas, and Silas, which were chief men among the brethren,

23 And wrote letters by them after this manner, THE APOSTLES, and the Elders, and the brethren, Unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch, and in Syria, and in Cilicia, send greeting.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

25 It seemed therefore good to us, when we were come together with one accord, to [send] chosen men unto you, with our beloved Barnabas and Paul.

26 Men that have [v]given up their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, which shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 [w]For it seemed good to the [x]holy Ghost, and [y]to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these [z]necessary things.

29 [aa]That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 [ab]Now when they were departed, they came to Antioch, and after that they had assembled the multitude, they delivered the Epistle,

31 And when they had read it, they rejoiced for the consolation.

32 And Judas and Silas being Prophets, exhorted the brethren with many words, and strengthened them.

33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in [ac]peace of the brethren unto the Apostles.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's just a simple request but though simple it means a lot to me. Opening the thread with my moniker wasnt what I agreed to. Since you are not minded to oblige me then I excuse myself from the thread. But for the record I'd open a thread and post the lies and contradictions and absurdities and historical untruths in your book.
Okay, i will remove your moniker there, but how will folks know the motive for the thread?

See why you don't go challenging people? This is nothing compared to what you may have to confront in other situations when you make boast and challenge people.

Suggest what i shd replace your moniker with since you engineered this thread.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Carefully go through the verses I highlighted in red & purple and the ones I bolded. You will see the difference between Judaism and Christianity just as you can easily differentiate night from day...

The Law is not binding on Christians to follow...and bear in mind that the Law is not just the 10 commandments...there are over 400 instructions that makes up the Laws of Moses...

Say no to Judeo-Christianity...

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Can you see clearly why your moniker needs to be there. 'pls give me the go ahead to open a thread... You present, i treat, was the wager, It was meant for just both of us. Your moniker being there tells everyone that you are the main focus here. You present, i treat
Ordinary literal rule of interpretation. Have you read Merchant of Venice, the part about the pound of flesh? It's simple ooo: give me the go ahead to open a thread is not the same as opening the said thread with my moniker on it. Two entirely different thing
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkCornel:

1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

Acts 15

1 Then came down certain from Judea, and taught the brethren, saying, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 And when there was great dissension, and disputation by Paul and Barnabas against them, they ordained that Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the Apostles and Elders about this question.

3 Thus being brought forth by the Church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles, and they brought great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the Church, and of the Apostles and Elders, and they declared what things God had done by them.

5 But said they, certain of the sect of the Pharisees, which did believe, rose up, saying that it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.

6 Then the Apostles and Elders came together to look to this matter.

7 And when there had been great disputation, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Ye men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago, among us God chose out me, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the Gospel, and believe.

8 And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, in giving unto them the holy Ghost even as he did unto us.

9 And he put no difference between us and them, after that by faith he had purified their hearts.

10 Now therefore, why tempt ye God, to lay a yoke on the disciples’ necks, which neither our fathers, nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe, through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, even as they do.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and heard Barnabas and Paul, which told what signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles by them.

13 And when they held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me.

14 Simeon hath declared, how God first did visit the Gentiles, to take of them a people unto his Name.

15 And to this agree the words of the Prophets, as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the Tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and the ruins thereof will I build again, and I will set it up.

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom my Name is called, saith the Lord which doeth all these things.

18 From the beginning of the world, God knoweth all his works.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, seeing he is read in the Synagogues every Sabbath day.

22 Then it seemed good to the Apostles and Elders with the whole Church to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: to wit, Judas whose surname was Barsabas, and Silas, which were chief men among the brethren,

23 And wrote letters by them after this manner, THE APOSTLES, and the Elders, and the brethren, Unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch, and in Syria, and in Cilicia, send greeting.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

25 It seemed therefore good to us, when we were come together with one accord, to [send] chosen men unto you, with our beloved Barnabas and Paul.

26 Men that have [v]given up their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, which shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 [w]For it seemed good to the [x]holy Ghost, and [y]to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these [z]necessary things.

29 [aa]That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 [ab]Now when they were departed, they came to Antioch, and after that they had assembled the multitude, they delivered the Epistle,

31 And when they had read it, they rejoiced for the consolation.

32 And Judas and Silas being Prophets, exhorted the brethren with many words, and strengthened them.

33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in [ac]peace of the brethren unto the Apostles.
What is the purpose of quoting all of that?

Circumcision is not compulsory as it is the circumcision of the heart that makes fit to stand before God. That passage does not say circumcision shd be done away with completely, what it says is that, it shouldn't be a yardstick to measure holiness.

If you remember, Apst Paul circumcised Timothy, shaved his head before bringing him to Jerusalem. Why did he do that?

The converted Pharisees insisted that without it, no salvation, Paul said No. Repentance takes place in the heart not in the flesh.

Bros, pls let's not go into this, because e go hook you for throat.

As much as i like my senior brother, i can't have sex with him or marry him, and the new testament never told me not to do it, the Old did.

Or are you saying since it wasn't mentioned in the New Testament, it's not a sin so you have sex with your beautiful kid sister?

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkCornel:

Then explain what happened in Acts 15.

If you love God and man, you have fulfilled and surpassed what the Law requires of you...These are Jesus' words not mine...

Thank you.
Act 15 verse what? Pls don't send me on errands.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 11:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:
Ordinary literal rule of interpretation. Have you read Merchant of Venice, the part about the pound of flesh? It's simple ooo: give me the go ahead to open a thread is not the same as opening the said thread with my moniker on it. Two entirely different thing
Chief, can't you see she already has succumbed and said she is ready to remove the moniker ni?
Make I no talk further, cos now pesin go take am otherwise
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

That is why your moniker shd be there for the world to notice it and come in to see you shred YHWH nah.

This thread wasn't meant to be about arguments (That's why i said you failed woefully), It's about proving your stance with facts. Arguments are pointless. I no be small pikin. Why i go open thread just to argue? I have a life sir.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

The term is, You and I do justice to the contradictions you'd present. So far, not even one attempt by you has been made. Your brethren in atheism have failed so miserable at presenting even one single contradiction.

Wait, isn't my moniker there too? What's the fuss about?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:42pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

You just hung yourself by bringing Shilock into this.

Am taking my pound of flesh.

You go about boasting and maliging my God. You talk about what you know nothing about. You feel by claiming you were once a Christian will lay credence to the fact that you jettisoned Christ. Sorry, your cup of tea. Your soul, your loss.

But, when you make boast know that people who can poke holes and hold you down are around.

You who had loved and preached these lies shouldn't find it hard to.presnte them here, but you have successfully derailed the thread because you know you'll be cut to half if you try.

I want the entire Nairaland Community to come in here and see and cheer you up as you destroy the Bible. Poor guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
OkCornel:

Carefully go through the verses I highlighted in red & purple and the ones I bolded. You will see the difference between Judaism and Christianity just as you can easily differentiate night from day...

The Law is not binding on Christians to follow...and bear in mind that the Law is not just the 10 commandments...there are over 400 instructions that makes up the Laws of Moses...

Say no to Judeo-Christianity...
Which law? Pls highlight them.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
Emmanystone:

Okay, i will remove your moniker there, but how will folks know the motive for the thread?

See why you don't go challenging people? This is nothing compared to what you may have to confront in other situations when you make boast and challenge people.

Suggest what i shd replace your moniker with since you engineered this thread.
In the first place, in real terms, I didn't challenge you. Not at all. This below was your proposal. If there was a challenge, it came from you not me. If not where did you accept my challenge? Who made the offer? You did. I only accepted.
Pls give me the go ahead to open a thread for the contradictions, lies, absurdities, and historical untruths in the Bible. And, promise to stay through while we trash these issues out.

You present them, i treat them.

I'm waiting to hear you say 'Go ahead'.
My response was I accept
This is no challenge to you. So I think you got it wrong from the get go. And that influenced your mind in putting my moniker on the thread title. In context it was more like you opening a thread where I point out Bible lies and contradictions and you treat them.

So your title thread should read: Debate: Lies, contradictions and absurdities in the Bible and a Christian's appropriate responses to them.

When you do this or something in this vein, then you make an introductory remarks that I said that the Bible is full of contradictions and lies. This thread is an open debate where I (mujtahida) presents the lies and contradictions and absurdities and you treat them. And like you have already done, invite others. We'd discuss in an atmosphere free of acrimony and insults.

This was my expectation. I commend you for being courteous cos you have maintained a line of conversation with me that I personally find endearing. Cos any hint of disrespect is to open the door for insults and bad words to start flowing. I don't want that cos I can be acidic dishing out insults. I notice an idiot on this thread( whom I had long suspected to be an idiot but confirmed it today) and I will treat him with the scorn and contempt he deserves.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mujtahida:
In the first place in real terms, I didn't challenge you. Not at all.

My response was I accept
This is no challenge to you. So I think you got it wrong from the get go. And that influenced your mind in putting my moniker on the thread title. In context it was more like you opening a thread where I point out Bible lies and contradictions and you treat them.

So your title thread should read: Debate: Lies, contradictions and absurdities in the Bible and a Christian's appropriate responses to them.

When you do this or something in this vein, then you make an introductory remarks that I said that the Bible is full of contradictions and lies. This thread is an open debate where I (mujtahida) presents the lies and contradictions and absurdities and you treat them. And like you have already done, invite others. We'd discuss in an atmosphere free of acrimony and insults.

This was my expectation. I commend you for being courteous cos you have maintained a line of conversation with me that I personally find endearing. Cos any hint of disrespect is to open the door for insults and bad words to start flowing. I don't want that cos I can be acidic dishing out insults. I notice an idiot on this thread( whom I had long suspected to be an idiot but confirmed it today) and I will treat him with the scorn and contempt he deserves.
Sister, I think I have just seen the reason why Mujtahida wants his moniker removed from the thread's title.
It looks like everytime the thread is replied to, he gets spammed a mention, this because his user ID is in the thread title
cc Emmanystone, butterflyl1on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Rich Churches, Poor Members / Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.