Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (30683 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 10:27am On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Hold on, hold on, hold on OkCornel
Lets get some clarifications here first
What is the connection of the consciousness of good and evil with the Tree of the[b] knowledge[/b] of good and evil
What is knowledge of about, what is the good and evil about?
Did Adam and Eve have knowledge of good and/or evil before eating off the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

The answer to your question is in Adam and Eve's reaction shortly after they ate the fruit...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:32am On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:

Per the bolded, the consciousness of good and evil came when Adam and Eve ate of that tree...

The Law was just a codified form (with specific instructions) of that consciousness of good and evil...

By the way, the tree of life is the same thing as the bread of life and water of life...

I'll open a thread when I'm chanced to so we can discuss further...
Pls open a thread
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 10:34am On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You confess your destination, not a seemingly situation, it's just like doing the Shunammite woman's "it is well" thing
Hmmm. Okay.

Happy New Month sir.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2018
Emmanystone:

Pls open a thread

I don't think I might be able to do that anytime soon...

But I'll definitely open it and we'll discuss further from there...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 10:54am On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:

The answer to your question is in Adam and Eve's reaction shortly after they ate the fruit...
What is knowledge of good and what is knowledge of evil in the symbolism the tree of Good and Evil?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:

I don't think I might be able to do that anytime soon...

But I'll definitely open it and we'll discuss further from there...

Better.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:34am On Mar 01, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I think I have just about had it with you. What in tarnation makes you carry around this attitude of disdain to anyone and everyone like you are the next best thing since indomie.

We were all having a right ol banter on this thread and you chose to toss all the pieces to the floor and strut around like a pigeon on steroids .

Whatever you have to submit as your so called contradictions or lies are definitely not your intellectual property as somebody else somewhere must-have also ignorantly pointed at the same thing so what's the big deal about it even coming from you?

You act like everyone is after you or like you are a prize Picasso or something. I ain't impressed..... Not in the least.

Muttleylaff was trying to be reasonable and all you were wired to see were "insults" or "subtle digs". Abeg I done tire.

The fun part of the thread is long exhausted and sarassin brought the thunder yet it did not rain but we enjoyed the display of lights though.

So what's new? Thread just got deflated.
Dey tin tire me bro. I think say all the athiests go dey here with their loads of contradictions and Biblical lies, but for where?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:35am On Mar 01, 2018
danvon:
What is going on here? Someone opened a thread asking people to post all their lies and contradictions in the Bible... It's like giving lots of candy to a kid they will be so filled with excitement they won't know which one to pick, I'm shocked
Yeah, they are confused from which to.pick so didn't pick any.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Emmanystone: 11:41am On Mar 01, 2018
LordVoldermort:
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
Genesis:2:17

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:"
Genesis:3:4

"And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."
Genesis:5:5

Who is the liar?
Sorry, i missed this?

You mean YHWH? Hahahahahahahaha.

Oh Wow. Well sir, God is a Spirit and the image he gave to Adam in creation (which is Spirit) is what died in Adam, not his flesh. It is that same life that Jesus came to give back to man.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 12:00pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
What is knowledge of good and what is knowledge of evil in the symbolism the tree of Good and Evil?

Back to the Adam and Eve scenario;

Before they ate of the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...they were both naked and were not ashamed of one another

After they ate the fruit...they saw each others unclothedness and became ashamed...

Do you know why?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
Back to the Adam and Eve scenario;

Before they ate of the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...they were both naykid and were not ashamed of one another

After they ate the fruit...they saw each others naykidness and became ashamed...

Do you know why?
This question has multiple answers, and some of them I won't delve into
I say, you didn't respond to what is knowledge of good and what is knowledge of evil in the symbolism the tree of Good and Evil though?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 12:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
Double post...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 12:15pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
This question has multiple answers
and you didn't respond to what is knowledge of good and what is knowledge of evil in the symbolism the tree of Good and Evil?

Eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil brought about the consciousness and knowledge of good and evil...

Instead of God calling the shots on what is right or wrong... Man eyes became "opened" and the burden/consciousness of good and evil fell on man...

Prior to that Adam was deeply rooted in God, and whatever he did was right. He did not have to be conscious of good and evil to do what is right...

What is your answer to my question per the last post...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2018
Mujtahida:
Luke made a mistake? Read this excerpt from Wikipedia

The Census of Quirinius was a census of Judaea taken by Publius Sulpicius Quirinius, Roman governor of Syria, upon the imposition of direct Roman rule in 6 CE.[1] The author of the Gospel of Luke uses it as the narrative means to establish the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:1-5),[2] but Luke places the census within the reign of Herod the Great, who died 10 years earlier[3] in 4 BCE.[4] No satisfactory explanation of the contradiction seems possible on the basis of present knowledge,[5] and most scholars think that the author of the gospel made a mistake.

Sorry I have been out taking inventory and possession of a new supply of pig feed for my piggery so have been busy. Will respond as soon as I am free.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
Eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil brought about the consciousness and knowledge of good and evil...

Instead of God calling the shots on what is right or wrong... Man eyes became "opened" and the burden/consciousness of good and evil fell on man...

Prior to that Adam was deeply rooted in God, and whatever he did was right. He did not have to be conscious of good and evil to do what is right...

I will answer you, hold on please, let's get round these first before getting to answering your question.

I get you, as knowledge is consciousness and vice versa
but what is the good and what is the evil, in this context.
You didn't say what these two are.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:

Prior to that Adam was deeply rooted in God, and whatever he did was right.
He did not have to be conscious of good and evil to do what is right...

I completely concur with the emboldened above
He didn't need to have the knowledge of Good and Evil except he wanted to be god.
The irony is, this they became though after eating
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I completely concur with the emboldened above
He didn't need to have the knowledge of Good and Evil except he wanted to be god.
The irony is, this they became though after eating

Exactly...

After they ate of the fruit, their eyes open and they became like God...knowing and defining what good and evil is...

Even this was confirmed in the subsequent chapter where it was written "man is now like us"
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
Exactly...

After they ate of the fruit, their eyes open and they became like God...knowing and defining what good and evil is...

Even this was confirmed in the subsequent chapter where it was written "man is now like us"
Then the LORD God said,
"Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.”

- Genesis 3:22

I have completed what God said and how exactly God said
Now, reiterating, knowledge is tantamount to consciousness and vice versa
but what is good and what is evil, in this context.
You still haven't and didn't say what these two are.
Do I have grovel before you do ni?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Then the LORD God said,
"Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.”

- Genesis 3:22

I have completed what God said and how exactly God said
Now, reiterating, knowledge is tantamount to consciousness and vice versa
but what is good and what is evil, in this context.
You still haven't and didn't say what these two are.
Do I have grovel before you do ni?

Oh... I thought I answered already...

Good and evil is right and wrong na & also the ability and innate consciousness to define what right and wrong is... that's what I see it as in this context...

Or is there anything more to it?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
Oh... I thought I answered already...

Good and evil is right and wrong na & also the ability and innate consciousness to define what right and wrong is...
that's what I see it as in this context...

Or is there anything more to it?
No didn't already answer
and I thought you had something correctly to share about it

No ooo, the good and evil in the context, isn't right and wrong.
Are you familiar with merisms?

Well, the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil is a merism.

Good, in that context, is translated from a word, that means and typifies Beautiful
Evil, in that context, is translated from a word, that means and typifies Adversity.

Eating off the tree, will open the eater to experience several of parts of all that's Beautiful and all that's Adversity
It is as it were like a Pandora Box of some sort.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
No didn't already answer
and I thought you had something correctly to share about it

No ooo, the good and evil in the context, isn't right and wrong.
Are you familiar with merisms?

Well, the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil is a merism.

Good, in that context, is translated from a word, that means and typifies Beautiful
Evil, in that context, is translated from a word, that means and typifies Adversity.

Eating off the tree, will open the eater to experience several of parts of all that's Beautiful and all that's Adversity
It is as it were like a Pandora Box of some sort.

I can't find the right words to explain the context to you...neither do I want to get lost in the sea of labels trying to explain it...

Good and Evil are two extremes...

You can bypass all that stress that comes with using logic to differentiate what is right or wrong...and rely on intuition (a higher form of intelligence in terms of speed and accuracy) in making the right decisions...

Check out Adam, He was what Jesus was before he fell...

How was Jesus always making the right and perfect decisions? Because He and the Father were constantly communicating ... and Jesus was obeying those instructions even when they seem to defy logic...

For example Jesus' logic pushed Him to ask for the cup to pass over Him while praying at Gethsemane...but later obliged to the Father's will...even if it defied logic...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 4:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
I can't find the right words to explain the context to you...neither do I want to get lost in the sea of labels trying to explain it...

Good and Evil are two extremes...

You can bypass all that stress that comes with using logic to differentiate what is right or wrong...and rely on intuition (a higher form of intelligence in terms of speed and accuracy) in making the right decisions...

Check out Adam, He was what Jesus was before he fell...

How was Jesus always making the right and perfect decisions? Because He and the Father were constantly communicating ... and Jesus was obeying those instructions even when they seem to defy logic...

For example Jesus' logic pushed Him to ask for the cup to pass over Him while praying at Gethsemane...but later obliged to the Father's will...even if it defied logic...
The original word used in that verse instead of Good in the original text was "Beautiful"
and the original word used in that verse and elsewhere it's used in the original text was "Adversity"

You will experience and begin to judge between beautiful and adversity.
Good times, bad times, what's pretty what's ugly.
Essentially the whole shebang spectrum will unfold into your world.

You're going on a tangent now, we aren't discussing Adam before or after eating the fruit. Nor comparing him with the last Adam.

Labels aren't required to explain what is evident
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

The original word used in that verse instead of Good in the original text was "Beautiful"
and the original word used in that verse and elsewhere it's used in the original text was "Adversity"

You will experience and begin to judge between beautiful and adversity.
Good times, bad times, what's pretty what's ugly.
Essentially the whole shebang spectrum will unfold into your world.

You're going on a tangent now, we aren't discussing Adam before or after eating the fruit. Nor comparing him with the last Adam.

Labels aren't required to explain what is evident

Once upon a time...everything created was good (perfect, right, stable, beautiful, in order e.t.c.), but a wrong decision to take of the wrong tree brought good and evil (unpredictability, adversity & beautiful, instability between two extremes, right & wrong e.t.c.)

The headache that comes with labels is finding the synonyms to associate with the subject matter on ground...

By the way, from your research...what is the merism for the Tree of Life?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
Once upon a time...everything created was good (perfect, right, stable, beautiful, in order e.t.c.), but a wrong decision to take of the wrong tree brought good and evil (unpredictability, adversity & beautiful, instability between two extremes, right & wrong e.t.c.)

The headache that comes with labels is finding the synonyms to associate with the subject matter on ground...

By the way, from your research...
what is the merism for the Tree of Life?
OkCornel to be honest I don't know why you are acting this way.
A phrase needs, pairs, to be classed or called a merism
The Tree of Life phrase is not a merism
You don't need researches, stop posting funnily.
What you need is an epiphany.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
OkCornel to be honest I don't know why you are acting this way.
A phrase needs, pairs, to be classed or called a merism
The Tree of Life phrase is not a merism
You don't need researches, stop posting funnily.
What you need is an epiphany.

I thought we were having a meaningful discussion before you went off tangent and went as far as posting the bolded...

1) Does my question offend you? Or do you think I am here to make jest of you or to learn?

2) Can you explain the way I am acting? And what exactly am I posting funnily? Or does it seem I am here to amuse you?

If you are not sure of my motives at least you can ask...

3) So is the tree of life something to be taken literally with no meaning attached to it?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
1) Does my question offend you? Or do you think I am here to make jest of you or to learn?

2) Can you explain the way I am acting? And what exactly am I posting funnily? Or does it seem I am here to amuse you?

If you are not sure of my motives at least you can ask...

3) So is the tree of life something to be taken literally with no meaning attached to it?
No brother, I don't get easily offended.
I rarely take offence.
I just thought you were acting up from way back a couple of posts up there.

The bible is littered with many merisms apart from that of the Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil, actually there is at least one mentioned before talking of the The of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

How you don't know about merisms in the bible baffles me
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 5:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
No brother, I don't get easily offended.
I rarely take offence.
I just thought you were acting up from way back a couple of posts up there.

The bible is littered with many merisms apart from that of the Tree of knowledge of Good and Evil, actually there is at least one mentioned before talking of the The of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

How you don't know about merisms in the bible baffles me

Is there another word for merism anyone on this thread can easily relate with?

On a side note, I deal with patterns and not details to establish fact(s)

Back to my question, since Good and Evil is Beautiful and Adversity from your findings....what does the Tree of Life represent? Is there also an original word for it?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 5:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:
Is there another word for merism anyone on this thread can easily relate to?

On a side note, I deal with patterns and not details to establish fact(s)
Yes, call it a figure of speech that has a combination of two contrasting words to refer to an entirety and all parts within each of them

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" is a merism
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen" is a merism
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Yes, call it a figure of speech that has a combination of two contrasting words to refer to an entirety and all parts within each of them

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" is a merism
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen" is a merism

Very good, this explains a lot. If this is what is called merism... then of course any Bible reader should identify these contrasts...

It's just that not many people (myself inclusive) would label such contrasts with the word "merism"

Day and Night; Light & darkness; Flesh & Spirit...these should rank as merisms as well...right?

Please, is there an original word for "Tree of Life"? That's my question...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by MuttleyLaff: 6:03pm On Mar 01, 2018
OkCornel:

Very good, this explains a lot. If this is what is called merism... then of course any Bible reader should identify these contrasts...

It's just that not many people (myself inclusive) would label such contrasts with the word "merism"

Day and Night; Light & darkness; Flesh & Spirit...these should rank as merisms as well...right?

Please, is there an original word for "Tree of Life"? That's my question...
They are called Hebrew merisms.
It's part of a biblical Jewish culture and manner of speaking
It's the concept, context and construct behind the phrase development and the pairs that makes phrases that makes it merisms

The figure of speech "It's raining cats and dogs " though has a pair is not a merism but is a metaphor

The Tree of Life, is a metaphor or symbolism as it were
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
They are called Hebrew merisms.
It's part of a biblical Jewish culture and manner of speaking
It's the concept, context and construct behind the phrase development and the pairs that makes phrases that makes it merisms

The figure of speech "It's raining cats and dogs " though has a pair is not a merism but is a metaphor

The Tree of Life, is a metaphor or symbolism as it were

Very good...

Just to confirm... the "Tree of Life" does not differ from its original word unlike that of Tree of good and evil which stands for beauty and adversity per your research?

After this, let's allow the thread revert back to its status quo...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
Every contradiction deserves its own thread.

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

Will You Attend These Type Of Churches?(pic) / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow / Can A Soldier Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.