Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport (17277 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Enjoyment1(f): 1:20am On May 08, 2010
netotse:

if you want someone clean, then elect the pope. . .when they elected fashola(i didn't vote o cry) who were the other choices? tell me if we elected musiliu obanikoro we'd be having this discussion. . .[size=5pt](it'd be something along the lines of LASG seeking 73bn to build boys quarters for PDP secretariat)[/size]

of course he's not a saint. . .i dont even like the dude that much but i'll tell you this he's head and shoulders above all the closest contenders. . .and that's coming from a non-lagosian(who neither lives nor works in lagos)

Then, why is he afraid of being probed?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 1:23am On May 08, 2010
Enjoyment1:

nowhere in my post did i mention fashola is a saint, or say that he shouldn't get probed, personally, i dont give a rat's arse if he's probed or not. . .i'm just against people that cant reason and instead resort to personal attacks and lousy arguments and then call it a sensible discussion.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Enjoyment1(f): 1:29am On May 08, 2010
netotse:

nowhere in my post did i mention fashola is a saint, or say that he shouldn't get probed, personally, i dont give a rat's arse if he's probed or not. . .i'm just against people that cant reason and instead resort to personal attacks and lousy arguments and then call it a sensible discussion.

No where here that I can remember that anyone mentioned that, there was someone better than Fashola, in these present dispensation. Maybe, Jimi Agbaje could have equalled this fit, but let him not be afraid of being probed. It will help him, for his 2nd term campaigne.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On May 08, 2010
PapaBrowne:

So this argument is still raging.

Anyways, I observed one very interesting thing on this thread. . . . .

[size=14pt]Those in support of the project appear much more intelligent than those against the project. I am just wondering why.
Supporters of the project seem better versed in the use of grammar; they articulate their points better and they seem to have a grasp on the way things are done globally. In a nutshell they are intelligent global thinkers.

Antagonists of the project find it quite difficult using the English language; their articulation is poor; their arguments are sentimental, have no logic and are very repetitive. [/size]

Just my observation! I no be teacher. I no dey mark exam. I'm just making an honest observation.

Childish much?  undecided

You were not even able to answer decent direct and non-insult laden questions posed you yet you feel OK to come in to make the claims you have above? Come on dude. . . grow up and learn to debate without resorting to such childish attempts at claiming to have won a debate when it is not about that. Worse, most of the questions asked were never really answered, and many of the claims you made were not corroborated by others who seemed to support the project.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 1:34am On May 08, 2010
Enjoyment1:

No where here that I can remember that anyone mentioned that, there was someone  better than Fashola, in these present dispensation. Maybe, Jimi Agbaje could have equalled this fit, but let him not be afraid of being probed. It will help him, for his 2nd term campaigne.
well we'll never know, one thing JA didn't have was the grassroots support though. . .i liked him, he paid uni students to wear his shirts(i think it was 20K or some similar amount sha). . .of course that doesnt speak for his integrity but who cares grin

Kobojunkie:

You were not even able to answer decent direct and non-insult laden questions posed you yet you feel OK to come in to make the claims you have above? Come on dude. . . grow up and learn to debate without resorting to such childish attempts at WINNING when it is not about that.
what do you say about the people that keep asking the same questions over and over again, without rebutting the giving answers, or the ones giving chieftaincy titles and lectures on culture?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On May 08, 2010
netotse:

what do you say about the people that keep asking the same questions over and over again, without rebutting the giving answers, or the ones giving chieftaincy titles and lectures on culture?

But most of the questions are valid questions . . . Come on, you may not want to see it, but they are.  I see a lot of insults and trying to SHOUT PEOPLE down for asking questions, and copying and posting stuff from online articles that many of us have already perused and still have questions of.

There was an old thread on this issue, that was debating a while back. I posted so many sources that indicated the government was actually investing BILLIONS of state money into thos but the 'troops' tried to insult me and so many others into believing that no penny of tax payer money is going into this same project. Turns out that is not true, because over and over, the state has revealed that it is funded parts of this same project.

To cut the story short, people want concrete answers to questions and conjectures and copy and paste ain't gonna cut it. If you do not have solid answers to the questions asked, it is ok to say so or just not say anything. But ramblings and twisters aren't answers. If anything, they produce more questions. No other state in Nigeria has the same level of tax contribution as Lagos does, and expect there to be people on all sides, of this.

The Airport is likely not going to be ready for another 5 to 10 years, and I read somewherre that the project as a whole is going to gulp upwards of $5 billion(dollars) at least. Don't you think it is right for people to be concerned? Considering this is a resource that is not going to be available NOW, and the money from public pockets is NOT going NOW to other areas that people consider more important to them?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Enjoyment1(f): 1:42am On May 08, 2010
In fact, in the governorship debate in Lagos, Jimi Agbaje performed excellently well. What failed Jimi, was the party he joined the wrong party. As for cash for votes, all the parties were guilty of that fact.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 1:45am On May 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But most of the questions are valid questions . . . Come on, you may not want to see it, but they are.  I see a lot of insults and trying to SHOUT PEOPLE down for asking questions, and copying and posting stuff from online articles that many of us have already perused and still have questions of.

There was an old thread on this issue, that was debating a while back. I posted so many sources that indicated the government was actually investing BILLIONS of state money into thos but the 'troops' tried to insult me and so many others into believing that no penny of tax payer money is going into this same project. Turns out that is not true, because over and over, the state has revealed that it is funded parts of this same project.

To cut the story short, people want concrete answers to questions and conjectures and copy and paste ain't gonna cut it. If you do not have solid answers to the questions asked, it is ok to say so or just not say anything. But ramblings and twisters aren't answers. If anything, they produce more questions.

my problem in particular is the people that keep mouthing the airport is strictly for passenger purposes, did one of them address the point that it wasn't?

not to mention the retards that refuse to realise that the 73.3bn isn't for the airport alone, it's for the airport plus FTZ

or the retards screaming theft that refuse to realise that the airport costs less than the FG almost spent to construct a runway, and are now advising that LASG should upgrade MMA

or the ones that say MMA is under-utilised

what's there not to get pissed about? they came to a gunfight with knives, it's pure and simple(by this i'm not condoning insults o!)

Enjoyment1:

In fact, in the governorship debate in Lagos, Jimi Agbaje performed excellently well. What failed Jimi, was the party he joined the wrong party. As for cash for votes, all the parties were guilty of that fact.
that wasn't what i was out to prove but could it just be. . .that dear uncle jimi, is not a saint then?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On May 08, 2010
netotse:

my problem in particular is the people that keep mouthing the airport is strictly for passenger purposes, did one of them address the point that it wasn't?

not to mention the retards that refuse to realise that the 73.3bn isn't for the airport alone, it's for the airport plus FTZ

That is NOT TRUE . . . .  Read the article

Governor Babatunde Fashola is shopping for N73.3 billion to build the proposed Lagos International Airport and the proposed Lekki-Ikoyi bridge.

The first phase of the airport, to be built in Lekki will cost N43.3 billion while the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge will gulp N30 billion. The two projects, P.M.NEWS gathered, will be undertaken under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) initiative of the Lagos State Government.

According to the article, N43.3 billion is for the FIRST PHASE of the airport. Do you really expect a WHOLE AIRPORT to be built with just N43.3 billion? That amount is not even half of the federal budget for electricity( generator and generator maintainance cost) this year. Compare the amount to how much the recent addition to Heathrow was. Or are we saying this is a small cargo airport or something? See, more questions grin

Take a look at old samplings of costs

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060122/news_1m22airport.html

http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/cheklapkok_new/

http://www.airport-int.com/article/the-designbuild-project-delivery-approach-for-airports.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuala_Lumpur_International_Airport

http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/doha/

netotse:
or the retards screaming theft that refuse to realise that the airport costs less than the FG almost spent to construct a runway, and are now advising that LASG should upgrade MMA

Does it really matter how much the FG spent on that? I mean come on. We all know the FG has been incompetent for decades, but is that any reason why people should excuse what they see, or percieve as incompetence at the state level, especially when at the state level the money is likely coming directly from people's pockets now and not from the usual source(oil) that most people really have given up on?

I wish you would be more understanding of the fact that there is a difference between incompetence at the state level and at the federal level, especially when it comes to Lagos state. You can not longer compare the two. I believe a woman, featured in the "Welcome to Lagos" series aptly put it when she said since it is now a crime not to pay taxes, it makes sense that she demand answers as to how her tax money is being spent.

netotse:
or the ones that say MMA is under-utilised

To be honest with you, I don't believe MMA is being used to capacity. I mean it is easy to say it is but I think until we consider Facts, we cannot be sure of that yet. According to the Federal Ministry of Aviation, MMA is in need of private investors, so I am not sure about that translating to it being  at capacity or over-utilized.

netotse:
what's there not to get pissed about? they came to a gunfight with knives, it's pure and simple(by this i'm not condoning insults o!)
that wasn't what i was out to prove but could it just be. . .that dear uncle jimi, is not a saint then?

I am not pissed that someone has an opinion or sees things different from the way I do. So, again, why are you pissed that they do not see things YOUR WAY? I agree, and I think insults only make to ruin whatever points a person has to make as majority of the times, once I read the first insult, I am done considering that person's say. The person might as well not post anything at all as it will not be considered intelligent or rational once insults are included, in my book.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by wudd: 2:20am On May 08, 2010
see, don't understand why you all are attacking each other sef, time will tell who's perspective makes sense, who's junk,
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 3:46am On May 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is NOT TRUE . . . .  Read the article

Governor Babatunde Fashola is shopping for N73.3 billion to build the proposed Lagos International Airport and the proposed Lekki-Ikoyi bridge.

The first phase of the airport, to be built in Lekki will cost N43.3 billion while the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge will gulp N30 billion. The two projects, P.M.NEWS gathered, will be undertaken under the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) initiative of the Lagos State Government.

According to the article, N43.3 billion is for the FIRST PHASE of the airport. Do you really expect a WHOLE AIRPORT to be built with just N43.3 billion? That amount is not even half of the federal budget for electricity( generator and generator maintainance cost) this year. Compare the amount to how much the recent addition to Heathrow was. Or are we saying this is a small cargo airport or something? See, more questions grin

Take a look at old samplings of costs

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060122/news_1m22airport.html

http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/cheklapkok_new/

http://www.airport-int.com/article/the-designbuild-project-delivery-approach-for-airports.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuala_Lumpur_International_Airport

http://www.airport-technology.com/projects/doha/

Does it really matter how much the FG spent on that? I mean come on. We all know the FG has been incompetent for decades, but is that any reason why people should excuse what they see, or percieve as incompetence at the state level, especially when at the state level the money is likely coming directly from people's pockets now and not from the usual source(oil) that most people really have given up on?

I wish you would be more understanding of the fact that there is a difference between incompetence at the state level and at the federal level, especially when it comes to Lagos state. You can not longer compare the two. I believe a woman, featured in the "Welcome to Lagos" series aptly put it when she said since it is now a crime not to pay taxes, it makes sense that she demand answers as to how her tax money is being spent.

To be honest with you, I don't believe MMA is being used to capacity. I mean it is easy to say it is but I think until we consider Facts, we cannot be sure of that yet. According to the Federal Ministry of Aviation, MMA is in need of private investors, so I am not sure about that translating to it being  at capacity or over-utilized.

I am not pissed that someone has an opinion or sees things different from the way I do. So, again, why are you pissed that they do not see things YOUR WAY? I agree, and I think insults only make to ruin whatever points a person has to make as majority of the times, once I read the first insult, I am done considering that person's say. The person might as well not post anything at all as it will not be considered intelligent or rational once insults are included, in my book.
i've started and stopped this reply so many times that i think it'd actually be wiser for me to go to bed instead of posting and making a mistake. . .thanks for pointing the phase1 bit out, there's a link to a site for the airport somewhere on this thread i'll look for it and see if i can get any estimates from there. . .
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 4:09am On May 08, 2010
netotse:

i've started and stopped this reply so many times that i think it'd actually be wiser for me to go to bed instead of posting and making a mistake. . .thanks for pointing the phase1 bit out, there's a link to a site for the airport somewhere on this thread i'll look for it and see if i can get any estimates from there. . .

lol . . . when you get wake up then, here is more

According to the mace group, the INTERNATIONAL airport, is estimated to cost about $600 MILLION (which I think is about N 90 Billion Naira), and It is hoped that this will be followed by an appointment to supervise construction of the entire airport development which the governor expects to be operational by 2013(less than the 5 which I had posted earlier from another site).

http://www.macegroup.com/media/news/mace-group-develops-lekki-airport-masterplan
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 4:17am On May 08, 2010
Enjoyment1:

He is afraid?  You obviously must crawled in his bed at night when he shared that with you.

NL is full of loonies I swear, lol
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Ourturn(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2010
babapupa:

He is afraid? You obviously must crawled in his bed at night when he shared you with you.

NL is full of loonies I swear, lol

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Mariory(m): 11:06pm On May 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

the entire airport development which the governor expects to be operational by 2013(less than the 5 which I had posted earlier from another site).

http://www.macegroup.com/media/news/mace-group-develops-lekki-airport-masterplan

Operational in 3 years. Wonderful!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by manny4life(m): 2:49am On May 09, 2010
No offense but did I hear $600 million? And this is first phase? Is he building JFK New York, in Lagos? I guessed I missed it but what is the assumed estimated annual passenger movement for this proposed large airport? I guess this airport would be able to accommodate an A380, better yet it would have a PRT network system like London-Heathrow recently implemented. Overall, its a great idea, would generate revenues in the long run, i.e. 10years later or more, because for now, I just believe they would have a hard time marketing it.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by PapaBrowne(m): 2:54am On May 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You were not even able to answer decent direct and non-insult laden questions posed you yet you feel OK to come in to make the claims you have above? Come on dude. . . grow up and learn to debate without resorting to such childish attempts at claiming to have won a debate when it is not about that. Worse, most of the questions asked were never really answered, and many of the claims you made were not corroborated by others who seemed to support the project.

It was just an honest observation!!

Ok. . . . . .  Your arguments were an exception! Are you happy now? . They were quite articulate and brilliant but repetitive and off the mark.

But sincerely, read through the thread and observe the arguments of most of those against the project versus those for the project.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by selingel: 2:09am On May 14, 2010
PapaBrowne:

It was just an honest observation!!

Ok. . . . . .  Your arguments were an exception! Are you happy now? . They were quite articulate and brilliant but repetitive and off the mark.

But sincerely, read through the thread and observe the arguments of most of those against the project versus those for the project.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by honest4000: 8:02pm On May 14, 2010
He is a thief, a torn in the flesh of Lagosians with his wicked policies of Pay exhorbitant taxes to claim vehicles by traffick offenders.

It is okay to pay fine for traffick offence, but Fashola has derived it as an avenue to accumulate CURSED wealth for his generation.

People who voted for him has become his victims.

They say WICKENESS shall never end in Nigeria, by the special grace of God Almighty, it will end in Lagos with Gov. Fashola being an example.

Whats come of Late Abdukarim Adisa today.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by eros(m): 6:41pm On May 15, 2010
Hmmmmm!!!!! Is this not a coded way of stealing from the state and country before leaving office??

Nigeria oh my Nigeria!!!! When will thou get rid of these thieving animals?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by namski(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2010
There is need to be cautious with this over-ambitious development plan of Gov Fashola. Whilst progressive and appealling at first sight, a nation cannot be built in a day and therefore need to take it slow and steady. The huge debt being accumulated as a result of this aggressive development program raises concerns from my perspective. We have witnessed recent examples of the Dubai and Greece crisis due to massive debt over-hang. Anyway, good one Gov Fashola, just need to be cautious.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by selingel: 7:45pm On May 17, 2010
namski:

There is need to be cautious with this over-ambitious development plan of Gov Fashola. Whilst progressive and appealling at first sight, a nation cannot be built in a day and therefore need to take it slow and steady. The huge debt being accumulated as a result of this aggressive development program raises concerns from my perspective. We have witnessed recent examples of the Dubai and Greece crisis due to massive debt over-hang. Anyway, good one Gov Fashola, just need to be cautious.

When you hear billions being mentioned, you wished they could be translated into modern infrastructure, employment and the good and betterment of us all.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 7:55pm On May 17, 2010
selingel:

When you hear billions being mentioned, you wished they could be translated into modern infrastructure, employment and the good and betterment of us all.
if only it was that easy. . .
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by selingel: 12:43am On May 22, 2010
netotse:

if only it was that easy. . .

It is not that hard too! It only requires a genuine, loyal and trust-worthy leader, who is ready to step on toes to achieve that.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 4:28pm On May 22, 2010
selingel:

It is not that hard too! It only requires a genuine, loyal and trust-worthy leader, who is ready to step on toes to achieve that.
fashola seems to be the closest to that. . .at this present time. . .
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by selingel: 9:11pm On May 24, 2010
netotse:

fashola seems to be the closest to that. . .at this present time. . .

Are you sure?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2010
selingel:

Are you sure?
i'm hardly in a position to be sure now. . .that's why i used 'seems', do you know any better person?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by selingel: 12:37am On May 25, 2010
netotse:

i'm hardly in a position to be sure now. . .that's why i used 'seems', do you know any better person?

He still shows traces of a good governor, but for the billions he with Tinubu are stealing. The money is too much, and even then, they still mortgage Lagos to themselves, through this concessions.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Hardtalk: 2:31am On May 27, 2010
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On May 27, 2010
selingel:

He still shows traces of a good governor, but for the billions[b] he with Tinubu are stealing[/b]. The money is too much, and even then, they still mortgage Lagos to themselves, through this concessions.

See, we don't have the evidence for that yet - I know we are talking of Nigeria where all things evil seem possible, but I still think there is so much of the details of this missing. We do not have access to the details . . . no one seems to, except the state, and I wish it would release information already so people start feeling more a part of the process. I remember when it used to be so in Lagos and I long for the return of those days.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Hardtalk: 7:35am On May 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

See, we don't have the evidence for that yet - I know we are talking of Nigeria where all things evil seem possible, but I still think there is so much of the details of this missing. We do not have access to the details . . . no one seems to, except the state, and I wish it would release information already so people start feeling more a part of the process. I remember when it used to be so in Lagos and I long for the return of those days.

You are very correct. In as much as the government is be alleged to have stolen so much, they remain innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 6:49pm On May 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

really? there was a time when government was open?. . .sounds hard to believe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma Released On Bail / Intels Begins Construction Of Port In Badagry / How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.