Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport (17278 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 2:37pm On May 05, 2010
@Babapupa

There is no cargo facilities at MMA to serve an entity like the LFTZ and I hope you're not suggesting that the state spend money to upgrade a federal facility. Or are you just saying that, instead of spending that money to build your own, go and spend it to fix other people's airport. You are not making any sense

MMA as it stands right now is an eyesore with limited capabilities and if the state can not touch any federal property in terms of repairs or upgrade, they have every right to build their to better the lives of the citizens of the state. And why should the state spend money fixing any federal edifice? Are they sharing proceeds from MMA with the state government?

[size=14pt]Mr Man your arguments are spurious, hollow, it lacks substance and credibility. Just because the Fashola Administration cannot engage their Federal Counterparts in the simply act of tact and diplomacy in resolving minor issues regarding MMA, does not make it right for  Lagos State in her infinite wisdom to think it wise that building her own Airport is the most commendable and appropiate step to take, such thinking is not only amateurish in nature but an outright no-brainer.

It is remescent to killing a fly with a sledge hammer instead of using more subtle and tested methods, diplomacy the world over has worked wonders from the begining of time and remains the best tool in any civil society in resolving logjams and un-necessary dispute especially when it involves constitute parts that are not at war, the disagreement is a civil matter and should be settled as such, I can't remember the Feds and Lagos State declaring an open warfare on each other, am I missing something here, can someone please remind me when this irredeemable conflict started.

I thought Fashola had a bunch of thinking mandarins around him,  who are smart enough to point him in the right direction not knowing a street urchin mentality rules the roost in that house of cards.

I read somewhere the 3rd Mainland bridge is swaying perharps Fashola should embark on building a 5th mainland Bridge running parrallel to the 3rd Mainland Bridge since the Feds are turning a blind eye to their responsibility of what can be acclaimed to be a  more dangrous and alarming sitiuation.

The Airport remains a white-elephant project and should be seen as such,  a classical showcase of man's ignoramus and buffoonery in Project Management, not suprise it is mostly in Africa that such mirage's happen.   undecided
[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 3:30pm On May 05, 2010
^^^^What else is new

Like I said, go back to your village, they need your help and warped and silly ideas, quit wasting your time, life and existence on Lagos.

You're like a freeking annoying pest and everything that emanates from your keyboard keeps asserting your stupidity, backwardness and ignorance.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by banku: 4:05pm On May 05, 2010
KnowAll,

You know what? These people have decided on how they are going to bleed Lagos for generations. We have immediate needs in Lagos, slums all over the place yet they want to separate themselves from the poor who have to commute from those slums to clean and babysit for them in their transplanted America. Do not forget, these are consumers of everything and producers of nothing. They go to candy stores overseas to satisfy their sweet teeth.

Someone made a point earlier, if you can not work with Federal Govt, how on earth are you going to build and manage airport without them?

Does this remind anyone of Enron? While Lagosians were warning them that Enron was defrauding even Americans and developing countries in Asia and Africa, they were beating their chests as they are doing here about the benefit s to Lagos State. In the end, what happened?

They exploit our short memories and younger people that have never known civilized days in Lagos are being lured of transplanting America or Europe into Lagos. Airport to young people means get away to dream countries where their fathers keep their loot.

Our number one problem in Lagos and in Nigeria for that matter is lack of maintenance of existing structure. If you can not maintain those already on the ground, where is the culture of maintaining new ones going to come from? It sounds attractive to expand, which we must but how did Awo do it?

Industrial areas with primary industries, new mix housing estates with infrastructure rented or sold generating income and for the million time, agriculture so that we dont starve to death. What is this facination with buildings without access roads, drainage and link bridges? In all countries there are alternative to toll roads and bridges, not in Lekki the way they are going. You have to have money to get out of your house?

Nobody builds new airport in the middle of town anywhere in the world except those who want private airport access to their houses. I laughed when my brother said all Free Trade Zone all over the world have airports. That shows how much he knows. But then we have never been outside so if they tell us people there have two heads, we have to take their words for it.

Listen and find out why industries are relocating to neighboring countires and try to reverse that, we will have a civilized State.

KnowAll:

@Babapupa

[size=14pt]Mr Man your arguments are spurious, hollow, it lacks substance and credibility. Just because the Fashola Administration cannot engage their Federal Counterparts in the simply act of tact and diplomacy in resolving minor issues regarding MMA, does not make it right for Lagos State in her infinite wisdom to think it wise that building her own Airport is the most commendable and appropiate step to take, such thinking is not only amateurish in nature but an outright no-brainer.

It is remescent to killing a fly with a sledge hammer instead of using more subtle and tested methods, diplomacy the world over has worked wonders from the begining of time and remains the best tool in any civil society in resolving logjams and un-necessary dispute especially when it involves constitute parts that are not at war, the disagreement is a civil matter and should be settled as such, I can't remember the Feds and Lagos State declaring an open warfare on each other, am I missing something here, can someone please remind me when this irredeemable conflict started.

I thought Fashola had a bunch of thinking mandarins around him, who are smart enough to point him in the right direction not knowing a street urchin mentality rules the roost in that house of cards.

I read somewhere the 3rd Mainland bridge is swaying perharps Fashola should embark on building a 5th mainland Bridge running parrallel to the 3rd Mainland Bridge since the Feds are turning a blind eye to their responsibility of what can be acclaimed to be a more dangrous and alarming sitiuation.

The Airport remains a white-elephant project and should be seen as such, a classical showcase of man's ignoramus and buffoonery in Project Management, not suprise it is mostly in Africa that such mirage's happen. undecided
[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by banku: 4:11pm On May 05, 2010
Babapupa,

If you do not stop insulting people, I will personally report you to the head of the family in your ccoumpond. Lagosians are small enough in numbers to know one another. You are good when you keep to issues but mess it up with insult.

babapupa:

^^^^What else is new

Like I said, go back to your village, they need your help and warped and silly ideas, quit wasting your time, life and existence on Lagos.

You're like a freeking annoying pest and everything that emanates from your keyboard keeps asserting your stupidity, backwardness and ignorance.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 6:14pm On May 05, 2010
banku:

Babapupa,

If you do not stop insulting people, I will personally report you to the head of the family in your ccoumpond. Lagosians are small enough in numbers to know one another. You are good when you keep to issues but mess it up with insult.

^^^^What else is new

Olodo buruku, 18 million people are small in numbers right?

Why do you guys speak as if you never attend school before sef?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by banku: 8:56pm On May 05, 2010
Babapupa,

That was a test, appealing to your sense of decency and you failed woefully.

If you are from Lagos, that appeal could have moderated your foul mouth on the key board. But you have no where to relate to in Lagos and nothing to loose. Very soon you will be going home to contest for election like the rest of you from Iragbiji.

Why else would anyone point a left finger to his house?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by blackcypha(m): 9:39pm On May 05, 2010
WTF?
YOU ALL STHUD REMEMBA DAT BRF AINT NO SAINT! WAT WE NEED AN A-PORT FOR WHEN HALF OF US LIVE IN SLUMS EEH?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 10:01pm On May 05, 2010
banku:

Babapupa,

If you are from Lagos, that appeal could have moderated your foul mouth on the key board. But you have no where to relate to in Lagos and nothing to loose. Very soon you will be going home to contest for election like the rest of you from Iragbiji.

are we talking development or parables here?

@babapupa
u need to stop trading insults with these people. . .you risk making yourself look as pitiful as they do, at least when kobojun kie and the others were posting we were spared stories about how it is a taboo to point at your house with your left hand or the insults and they displayed(to some extent) that they were able to reason but
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 11:58pm On May 05, 2010
banku:

Babapupa,

Unfortunately, people like you and your crew have no morale authority to talk about decency. Feel free to stick your pointless decency talk where the sun don't shine.

I don't go around talking crap about your state, bad mouth your people and whatever they do over there. This is what you guys do all the time and have been getting away with it.

Lastly, I didn't insult insult nobody, I basically described and qualify their actions. Some of you need to work on your comprehension skills.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 12:04am On May 06, 2010
netotse:

are we talking development or parables here?

@babapupa
u need to stop trading insults with these people. . .you risk making yourself look as pitiful as they do, at least when kobojun kie and the others were posting we were spared stories about how it is a taboo to point at your house with your left hand or the insults and they displayed(to some extent) that they were able to reason but

Well said.

Too bad these clowns don't care about nothing, theirs is to display hate and prejudice at anything Lagos. They have no credibility and I don't take them seriously.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by wudd: 2:55am On May 06, 2010
, airport! seriously?, how does that provide shelter or put food on the table for the common man. we say mmia is falling apart. is it not Nigerians that are put in charge to manage it. when the new one is done, is it not the same people that would manage it. so what are we talking?, who is federal govt, are they not nigerians like us. why blame the name when the pple re there. from my own perspective, there are more important things than an airport please. schools are falling apart, hospitals re there, the roads re there, there is no security, plenty of slums, people re freaking dying cos there's no money to takecare of themselves,no free healthcare. i bet u when that airport is done, they will tax the shit out of you to use it. you can build buildings and all, if you dont build the people occupying it, it will collapse, thats my perspective.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by suprted(m): 6:13am On May 06, 2010
don't know how anyone can say MMI is fine. It only has 2 carousels, only one of which is working. If more than 2 airlines land at the same time, god knows what will happen. it is below standard for an international airport.

airport taxes will benefit the state if we control this airport. If the airport is safer and more efficient, then airlines will prefer to fly there rather than MMI.

also, just because they are spending 40 billion on the airport, doesn't mean that the light rail or road improvement projects won't happen. where has it been said that the airport is being built at the expense of these other projects.

i
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 6:51am On May 06, 2010
wudd:

,  airport! seriously?, how does that provide shelter or put food on the table for the common man. we say mmia is falling apart. is it not Nigerians that are put in charge to manage it. when the new one is done, is it not the same people that would manage it. so what are we talking?,  who is federal govt, are they not Nigerians like us. why blame the name when the pple re there. from my own perspective, there are more important things than an airport please. schools are falling apart, hospitals re there, the roads re there, there is no security, plenty of slums, people re freaking dying cos there's no money to take care of themselves,no free healthcare. i bet u when that airport is done, they will tax the poo out of you to use it. you can build buildings and all, if you don't build the people occupying it, it will collapse, thats my perspective.

So what do you suggest? You mean instead of spending the money on the airport, the state should distribute it out to poor people or just go buy them food and build houses for them including the thousands of people trooping down to Lagos  daily from every corner of Nigeria?

Now, what's next after spending the N43 Billion buying food and building houses for the so called poor folks? Go look for another N43 Billion to keep buying food and building houses for the poor? And go look for some more and keep doing it over and over again and again?

And where do you suggest the state government get the money from?
From the sky?

I really don't thin Lagos state is a welfare state where the masses is totally dependent of the state government to for food, water and shelter. We might as well sit back, forget about work and let the state take care of our needs and damn where ever the heck they get the money from.

Now, back to reality. The only way to help and empower the working citizenry is to create an avenue and dignified situation for them to secure employment and collect paychecks to feed and house their families.  

Building schools, roads,hospitals and and other social programs and infrastructures demands money/heavy investments. The primary source of money needed to pursue programs comes from employment payroll and general commerce and if there is no payroll and commerce, where do you suggest the government get the money needed to build schools, hospitals, roads and take care of other social needs of the citizenry.

The government is essentially taking care of the problems you highlighted by pursuing commerce, expanding the state's tax base and ultimately generate money to fund projects and create employment for the populace and generate payroll tax from the same commercial activities it helped started and populace to fund projects lie school buildings, roads and hospital.

Governments don't hand out food and shelter free pf charge to people, they create necessary environment for commerce to thrive, people to get jobs, buy good and services and pay taxes.

The only way and best option the state has to empower people is exactly what the state is doing. Do whatever it takes to create jobs, develop infrastructure and grow commerce. Compared to what the state of Lagos stand to gain from the LFTZ, N43 Billion is peanuts.

The state is getting hundreds of thousand of employed and skilled Lagosians with good paying jobs, grounded and irremovable infrastructure, technology transfer, a first class trade zone pumping money into the state's economy 24/7, income generating airport and permanent recognition as the main air corridor and transit point in West Africa and Africa in general. How much is N43 Billion when you stand to recoup it back in no time. It's called investment, not throwaway.

About your Federal government reference, the fact is, MMA a federal government airport and it can not serve the state's needs per LFTZ, Eko Atlantic and impending business activities in the area all the way to Epe lite industrial and the state can not touch it, fix or upgrade it to serve it's needs and the federal government don't share MMA profit with the lagos state government.

Also, Lagos is a major air travel heaven and the state should be making money off air travel within Lagos state.  

You ca not tell that the state is not spending money on health care because I know for a fact that the state commissions at least 3 health care centers every six months, you can not tell me the state is not spending money on roads because I know for a fact that the state is building tons of roads as we speak, you can not tell me the state is not building bridges because I know for a fact the state has at least 2 major bridges under constructions, they have a major 10 lane freeway with light rail and BRT under construction which happens to be the first in Nigeria and Africa in general, you can not tell me the state is not spending money on food Agriculture and  programs because I know for a fact that the state is spending tons of money on rice farming in Epe and Badagry, fisheries in Epe and Ikorodu, produce in Ipakodo and Ijede.

It's ok to question the activities of our elected officials and I'm sure the current administration is not perfect, but seeing what they've accomplished and what they have on the table gives me hope for a better Lagos. They are not sitting around doing nothing. They are basically starting from scratch and doing a great job.

A lot of folks here talk and cry negatively mostly because of Ignorance and petty tribal jealousy which really shouldn't be the case.

Unfortunately, Nigerians are funny animals, they yell and cry when the government is not doing anything and they do the same thing when the government is out there doing something.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by wudd: 8:39am On May 06, 2010
babapupa:

So what do you suggest? You mean instead of spending the money on the airport, the state should distribute it out to poor people or just go buy them food and build houses for them including the thousands of people trooping down to Lagos  daily from every corner of Nigeria?

Now, what's next after spending the N43 Billion buying food and building houses for the so called poor folks? Go look for another N43 Billion to keep buying food and building houses for the poor? And go look for some more and keep doing it over and over again and again?

And where do you suggest the state government get the money from?
From the sky?

I really don't thin Lagos state is a welfare state where the masses is totally dependent of the state government to for food, water and shelter. We might as well sit back, forget about work and let the state take care of our needs and damn where ever the heck they get the money from.

Now, back to reality. The only way to help and empower the working citizenry is to create an avenue and dignified situation for them to secure employment and collect paychecks to feed and house their families.  

Building schools, roads,hospitals and and other social programs and infrastructures demands money/heavy investments. The primary source of money needed to pursue programs comes from employment payroll and general commerce and if there is no payroll and commerce, where do you suggest the government get the money needed to build schools, hospitals, roads and take care of other social needs of the citizenry.

The government is essentially taking care of the problems you highlighted by pursuing commerce, expanding the state's tax base and ultimately generate money to fund projects and create employment for the populace and generate payroll tax from the same commercial activities it helped started and populace to fund projects lie school buildings, roads and hospital.

Governments don't hand out food and shelter free pf charge to people, they create necessary environment for commerce to thrive, people to get jobs, buy good and services and pay taxes.

The only way and best option the state has to empower people is exactly what the state is doing. Do whatever it takes to create jobs, develop infrastructure and grow commerce. Compared to what the state of Lagos stand to gain from the LFTZ, N43 Billion is peanuts.

The state is getting hundreds of thousand of employed and skilled Lagosians with good paying jobs, grounded and irremovable infrastructure, technology transfer, a first class trade zone pumping money into the state's economy 24/7, income generating airport and permanent recognition as the main air corridor and transit point in West Africa and Africa in general. How much is N43 Billion when you stand to recoup it back in no time. It's called investment, not throwaway.

About your Federal government reference, the fact is, MMA a federal government airport and it can not serve the state's needs per LFTZ, Eko Atlantic and impending business activities in the area all the way to Epe lite industrial and the state can not touch it, fix or upgrade it to serve it's needs and the federal government don't share MMA profit with the lagos state government.

Also, Lagos is a major air travel heaven and the state should be making money off air travel within Lagos state.  

You ca not tell that the state is not spending money on health care because I know for a fact that the state commissions at least 3 health care centers every six months, you can not tell me the state is not spending money on roads because I know for a fact that the state is building tons of roads as we speak, you can not tell me the state is not building bridges because I know for a fact the state has at least 2 major bridges under constructions, they have a major 10 lane freeway with light rail and BRT under construction which happens to be the first in Nigeria and Africa in general, you can not tell me the state is not spending money on food Agriculture and  programs because I know for a fact that the state is spending tons of money on rice farming in Epe and Badagry, fisheries in Epe and Ikorodu, produce in Ipakodo and Ijede.

It's ok to question the activities of our elected officials and I'm sure the current administration is not perfect, but seeing what they've accomplished and what they have on the table gives me hope for a better Lagos. They are not sitting around doing nothing. They are basically starting from scratch and doing a great job.

A lot of folks here talk and cry negatively mostly because of Ignorance and petty tribal jealousy which really shouldn't be the case.

Unfortunately, Nigerians are funny animals, they yell and cry when the government is not doing anything and they do the same thing when the government is out there doing something.  

STORY OH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! , dude seriously, aint saying uncle fash isnt doing anything, atleast he is one gov whose impact is felt in his state. all am saying is "you deal completely with what you have started, before jumping into something greater", priorities. u saying health care centres are been commissioned every three months, are people getting the health care they need but cant afford, sir, its not about building beautiful buildings, the people in it, re they competent enough to make use of what ever office they occupy?, you talk about tons of road been repaired, yet its so amazing how some streets are not motor able., all am saying is we need no freaking airport for now, let him complete the projects he has started first. if its those farms you read about or watched in the news and the tons of roads, make e finish am first, cos those re things that affect the everyday man, what has a freaking airport got to do with the normal guy who cant buy a plane ticket, but needs to jump ditches to get to his house, if he was even investing in alternative power to power lagos state i go support cos then investors and small to large scale industries would spring up, then with those farms you talk about, there would be enough jobs and people will work to eat the surplus food from the farms you talked about. you and i know power is more important than some freaking airport and if u think thats the job of FG, lets leave new airport to FG too, you feel my point.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by trueword: 9:05am On May 06, 2010
wudd:

STORY OH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! , dude seriously, aint saying uncle fash isnt doing anything, atleast he is one gov whose impact is felt in his state. all am saying is "you deal completely with what you have started, before jumping into something greater", priorities. u saying health care centres are been commissioned every three months, are people getting the health care they need but cant afford, sir, its not about building beautiful buildings, the people in it, re they competent enough to make use of what ever office they occupy?, you talk about tons of road been repaired, yet its so amazing how some streets are not motor able., all am saying is we need no freaking airport for now, let him complete the projects he has started first. if its those farms you read about or watched in the news and the tons of roads, make e finish am first, cos those re things that affect the everyday man, what has a freaking airport got to do with the normal guy who cant buy a plane ticket, but needs to jump ditches to get to his house, if he was even investing in alternative power to power lagos state i go support cos then investors and small to large scale industries would spring up, then with those farms you talk about, there would be enough jobs and people will work to eat the surplus food from the farms you talked about. you and i know power is more important than some freaking airport and if u think thats the job of FG, lets leave new airport to FG too, you feel my point.

why can't Fashola multitask? Why must he wait for a road in some part of Lagos to be finished before he can start building airport? With you guys way of thinking it will take hundreds of years before lagos develops. You make it seem like he is a construction worker that has to run back and forth to both jobs and will have a hard time doing two or more things at once. The more things going on at the same time, the more jobs that will be created.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by wudd: 9:14am On May 06, 2010
trueword:

why can't Fashola multitask? Why must he wait for a road in some part of Lagos to be finished before he can start building airport? With you guys way of thinking it will take hundreds of years before lagos develops. You make it seem like he is a construction worker that has to run back and forth to both jobs and will have a hard time doing two or more things at once. The more things going on at the same time, the more jobs that will be created.

naa true
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by flobajo: 10:42am On May 06, 2010
@babapupa,

Forget these guys, most of them are just riding on emotions and don't really have anything to offer, hence why they resort to verbal exchanges and insults to mask their indadequcies at being able to debate on a higher level. The issues are on the ground, the reasons have been stated but I guess some are just too thick to elevate their thought process and try and understand the situation at hand.

They complain that the money can be spent on other projects such as Water Generation, Health, Roads etc, most of which are already under way. The thing about the airport is that it is a key factor in the Lekki free trade zone to help facilitate the movement of goods of which Lagos state cannot solely rely on MMIA. The project is also an income generating project which will provide funds for other projects. The fact that it is a joint venture with the private sector also means that Govt does not have to come up with these funds, these will be provided by the private company who will be given concessions either in form of tax, service agreements on running the airport etc. so really what money is being spent by Govt, most of these guys here don't have a clue what they are talking about, they just sit behind a keyboard and throw in their 10 cents (which most of the time is rubbish!!) and burst dust. When they have nothing concrete to say and realise their argueents have no basis, instead of them to admit and agree with the prevailing rationale, they resort to name calling and verbal abuse, just to mask the deflated and brusied ego,
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 10:59am On May 06, 2010
Olodo buruku, 18 million people are small in numbers right?

Why do you guys speak as if you never attend school before sef?

[size=14pt]Out of this 18 so called million people, there are 17.5 million destitute and peasants who would be scraping the crumbs from the 250,000 who would be using the Airport from Lagos State.

The break-down of the 500,000 that would be using the airport is as follows, it would constitute of about 200,000 from Ikoyi, VI and Lekki corridor and another small pockets from the mainland with the rest coming from the 35 other States of Nigeria and the FCT. Not to forget the 100,000 who would be buying a one-way ticket out of Nigeria.

Secondly, does Lagos State hope to have her own Customs officers, her own Immigration Officers and her own NDLEA Officers manning the Airport? Don’t tell me they would seek concession from the Feds, I thought Lagos State and the Feds are at a war-path undecided, why should even the Feds approve this project that has the finger print of a man associated with a drug burst in Chicago a few years ago. The information is in the public domain that Tinubu forfeited in excess of $400,000.00 to safe his neck, 

One thing is clear if that Airport comes to fruition, it would be a den for heavy drug trafficking in fact the word drug- trafficking would become obsolete and out of fashion.

A new word unheard off would be coined which would take a life of its own from the sheer volume and quantity of Drugs imported, processed and exported.

The word DRUG-HAULAGING would be a new lexicon we would have to contend with if this dire project materialises, no doubt thus a lot of poor mules from the slums of Lagos would be gainfully employed in this trade which would turn a destitute into a landlord in a twinkle of an eye and send some unfortunate ones 6 feet under if turf war is their calling, either way they would still be gainfully employed and on that note I support the Airport.[/size] 
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by flobajo: 11:27am On May 06, 2010
@KnowAll
[Out of this 18 so called million people, there are 17.5 million destitute and peasants who would be scraping the crumbs from the 250,000 who would be using the Airport from Lagos State.
/quote]

I was just wondering where you got that little piece of information. I am going to ask you a straightforward question, can you please point it out or send a document that highlights this, I just want to prove that you are actually making things up as you go along, I dare you,

and by the way, why don't you reduce the size of your fonts, not only does it insinuate you are shouting but it also seems inversly proportional to the quality of your arguments, so maybe a reduction in size might improve the quality. In case you did not realise, Nigeria is already a haven for thieves and drug smugglers, of course a model would be put in place in which Lagos state would employ NDLEA officers and immigration officers officers manning the airport. It does not mean that once an agency is centralized resources from there cannot be allocated to the state government.

A good Example is the Police force, it is actually a Government agency, but don't governors and commissioners have Police protecting and guarding them, stop being myopic in your thoughts and think just that little bit deeper before you speak, attack the issues at hand at stop whipping up sentiments to promote a populist view that is so wrong. and please I implore you to reduce the size of your fonts, one would think you have lost complet control of your faculties!!!!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 11:44am On May 06, 2010
Lagos state would employ NDLEA officers and immigration officers officers manning the airport. It does not mean that once an agency is centralized resources from there cannot be allocated to the state government.

A good Example is the Police force, it is actually a Government agency, but don't governors and commissioners have Police protecting and guarding them, stop being myopic in your thoughts and think just that little bit deeper before you speak, attack the issues at hand at stop whipping up sentiments to promote a populist view that is so wrong. and please I implore you to reduce the size of your fonts, one would think you have lost complet control of your faculti
es

[size=14pt]The Feds would have shot themselves in the foot if they go down that way, allowing Lagos State to absorb their Customs, Immigration and NDLEA Officers with Tinubu’s wealth, power, Influence and past criminal association, only a fool would know such officials would not only look the other way when a trailer load of special delivery is sanctioned by Messers Tinunbu the same law enforcement Agents would assist in helping him unload his consignment of death.

The Ibori debacle in Delta State should serve as a reminder and a lesson never entrust any Federal Officials in the hands of Local Politicians because they would be de-spoiled beyond redemption.[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by flobajo: 12:27pm On May 06, 2010
@knowal

No point arguing with you, I am almost sure you do not have any formof higher education, you are not coherent, your online manners leave a lot to be desired and your arguments never brings out any facts or detailed info. I asked you a straight question which you have refused to reply, where did you get your figures about 17.5 million destitute and peasants, youoffer no response,

it seems sometimes you just like hearing the sound of your own voice, personally i just think you are a f*****g idiot!!!!
best not argue with a fool, for a bystander would not know the difference,
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 1:49pm On May 06, 2010
No point arguing with you, I am almost sure you do not have any formof higher education, you are not coherent, your online manners leave a lot to be desired and your arguments never brings out any facts or detailed info. I asked you a straight question which you have refused to reply, where did you get your figures about 17.5 million destitute and peasants, youoffer no response,

it seems sometimes you just like hearing the sound of your own voice, personally i just think you are a f*****g idiot!!!!

[size=14pt]You might be Tinubu or one of his associates or cronies for all we care, but your backdoor or covert plan through a phantom Airport Project to flood Lagos with illegal substance has being botched, and I make sure I hunt your type into oblivion than to see my country overwhelmed with substance abuse, already we have enough Armed robbers to contend with.

Show me your friend and we know who you are, Nigerians already know who Tinubu is, a leopard they say cannot hide his spot for too long.

As per the 17. 5 million peasants and destitute that are hibernating in Lagos that is there for the whole world to see, Lagos a city of 300,000 in 1953 with a net migration of 600,000 a year since 1985 when the Nigeria economy failed, u do the maths, u have to remember that these new migrants are not necessarily wealthy migrants they are men and women who think the streets of Lagos are paved with Gold.

They got to Lagos and got stuck and end up living in the most un-imaginable places on earth, from refuse dumps to swampy shorelines in Ebute-metta, to the one and only AJ City the biggest slum in the whole of West Africa and u are asking me where does my figure come from. Even a blind man can see all the abject poverty all around you.

I did a simple test the other day, the first 10 cars that drove past me in one of the poorest neighbourhood in Britain; I checked their number plate, they were 07, 08 and 09 cars. I did the same thing in Lagos and they were all old relics from a bygone era.

The minimum rate in the UK is £5.50 an hour, in a City like Bradford which can be compared to a city like Ikorodu, they have an Airport, one would be tempted to ask why do they have an Airport, the answer is simple, during the holiday season even the lowest paid worker can fly to Spain on a package holiday for one week, can u imagine a city of 60,000 people where 20,000 to 30,000 people travels regularly.

I read somewhere Jonathan has just approved the minimum wage for Fed Civil Servants from N7,000.00 to N18,000.00 a month only God knows what State Civil Servants get not to talk of Individuals in the private sector.

There is a host of underpaid workers who get N6,000.00 a month in Lagos, If Lagos OR even, Nigeria has a strong middle class, a city the size of Lagos should have at least 4 or 5 Airports like London but because Lagos is a heaven of obscene poverty even that one Airport is grossly under-utilised.

I would be at the forefront clamouring for a second, even 3rd or 4th airport for Lagos when the lot of hard working Nigerians improve.

At the moment the millions on N6,000.00 a month in Lagos would rather get a double salary than go to a new Airport and take up the very rare in Nigeria the relaxing sport of Plane spotting, a sport people who have no worries in the world indulge in.[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by flobajo: 2:46pm On May 06, 2010
@Knowal

I must say even in your stupidity you do manage to make me laugh. Here are a few truths about MMIA for you

http://www.airports360.net/welcome-to-the-murtala-muhammed-international-airport.html
http://www.sleepinginairports.net/africa/lagos-airport.htm

Go the sites and read details and comments about MMIA. 17.5 million peasants hibernating in lagos, yet you do not produce any source, the current data implies that over 5 million passengers go through MMIA every year that gives us a figure of 15000. that is the daily inflow outflow through the airport. The airport only has runway and this is riddled with pot holes,

an airport of similar the stanstead Airport in London has the following
IATA Identifier: STN
ICAO Identifier: EGSS
Total Passengers 2008: 22,360,364
Total Movements 2008: 193,282
Runway Length 05/23: 3048m x 46m

thats right 22 million passengers in a city that has under 10 million people, you can see that the capacity required is being underutilized and the Government is not making any suggestions on revamping the place.

Now Lagos has a massive project that will be income generating and provide a source of funds for its citizen of which the airport will be a key factor, yet you are complaining , the funny thing is when Abacha and Marwa and the rest of the idiots were in power you could not utter a single word, now someone has picked up the mantle to do something and the bloody armchair critic lets rip, it really is a damn shame.

I have asked you to produce direct sources, all you say is a blind man can see and a moronic test you conducted on the amount of cars you saw in one area, (are you for real, am telling you in case u don't know, you are borderline retard!!!!

u say Lagosians would prefer an increase in salary to having an airport, who wouldn't, but the truth is that, its not a straight comparison like that, the airport creates jobs, generates funds, generates landing charges and taxes which can now be used to increase salaries and at the same time increasing foreign investments and improvement on our infrastructures, do you now understand how the chain works, if no income is being generated how would you keep on doubling salaries,

when running a company would you double your employees salaries without looking for outside investments and business to increase the revenue that will generate the funds which part of it could then be used to double salaries!!!, why are you talking like some Gworo eating slowpoke?

you come up with substance abuse being a credible reason for not building an airport, have you read what you are typing, do you work, did you go to university, am just trying to establish were it all went wrong for you??

here is a link for the Lekki airport , please have a look at the intentions and what has actually been proposed and signed off,
http://www.lagos-airport.com/

and by the way, try and publish the correct facts, current minimum wage in England is as follows
•£5.80 per hour for workers aged 22 years and older
•a development rate of £4.83 per hour for workers aged 18-21 inclusive
•£3.57 per hour for all workers under the age of 18, who are no longer of compulsory school age

arduing with you is quite exasperating to say the least, an not sure to waste my time with you, obviously becos of your attitude and mentality, that is why you are where you are and why you are who you are, that means a nobody!!!, in case your brain was till taking time to compute the phrase!,

ode oponu, ayirada!!!!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 3:53pm On May 06, 2010
5 million passengers go through MMIA every year that gives us a figure of 15000. that is the daily inflow outflow through the airport. The airport only has runway and this is riddled with pot holes,

[size=14pt]Even a fool knows people like Yuguda, Bukola Saraki, and a few other political associates and stalwarts travelled uncountable times to Saudi Arabia when our dear President was ill in that country. Common Sense should have made you know the 15 million figure relates to the so called 350,000 wealthy travellers doing the same journey a zillion times a year.

The 17.5 million damned souls are there on the ground enmeshed in their miserable lives enduring the pains of slavery and servitude from Lagos EMPLOYERS. 

I had tears in my eyes when a lady I know narrated her harrowing experience from one Lagos employer. This Hotel owner somewhere in Ikeja sleeps with all his female staffs promising them he would buy them a car b4 committing the shameless act, only for him abandoning them to their own miserable lives after getting what he wanted and to top it up he only pays them N5000.00 a month. This is not an isolated case of slavery in Nigeria, it abounds all over Lagos and Nigeria.

It is estimated Nigerians in diasporas are 10 million, if 10 million people can leave the shores of our country since the mid 1980’s with visa restriction and other hurdles on the way, what stops poor, dirt, Nigerians, without a dollar to their name going to Lagos without any visa restrictions, the figure of those living a life of abject poverty and penury in Lagos is un-imaginable, 17.5 million is a conservative estimate, use your F***king brains man.

You people yourself and Babapupa, your warp and stup*d reason behind this misadventure of a project is because the Fashola Government cannot negotiate with the federal authorities to make MMAI workable and better, yet the same incommunicado regime OF Fashola would now go cap in hand and beg the Fed Authorities to release their Customs, Immigration and NDLEA Officials so that Tinunbu can have a free ride with his drug enterprise.

Your arguments are all over the place and lacks sincerity and any credibility[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 4:01pm On May 06, 2010
flobajo:

@knowal

No point arguing with you, I am almost sure you do not have any formof  higher education, you are not coherent, your online manners leave a lot to be desired and your arguments never brings out any facts or detailed info. I asked you a straight question which you have refused to reply, where did you get your figures about 17.5 million destitute and peasants, youoffer no response,

You really have to Ignore that clown and his retarded posts. Obviously, he's not well.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by banku: 4:21pm On May 06, 2010
KnowAll,

Omo oko ni e.

When somebody talks reason and facts to drug dealers, vultures and area boys turned politicians, they can only reply with insults such as "fools" and "morons". No coherent facts, even when that helps them.

If these people are not mercenaries, why can't they answer the simple question of who is going to run the airport. They have no clue of the arguments they make. They can not get along with Fed. Govt. but they want a drug dealer in charge of airport. Wonders shall never end.

None of us today even know the real identity of Tinubu. Nobody knows who he is. The last they know about him was when he escaped from Osun State. He has since thrown his mother and father under the bus and assume a new identity. That is the type of person these mercenaries are working for.

It is because of people like these surrounding Fashola anywhere he goes that the man can not free himself. They continue to settle problems between Fashola and Tinubu, but the vulture will not let go. As soon as Tinubu is exposed, all these mercenaries will fere ge!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Mariory(m): 5:24pm On May 06, 2010
I hope you are all hurting bad. The airport will be built. Fashola will be reelected. Lagos will advance. If these things hurt you so much there are simple things you can do to end the pain. You will never have to hear about Lagos progressing again.

Fashola, what a guy. smiley
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by ForReal3: 10:30pm On May 06, 2010
Even with all the noise from Pro-Fashola, it is when the airport is built, that is when I will believe. I am neither for the airport, or against the airport.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Hardtalk: 11:44pm On May 07, 2010
For-Real:

Even with all the noise from Pro-Fashola, it is when the airport is built, that is when I will believe. I am neither for the airport, or against the airport.

The guy really wants to build the airport, and he means business.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Hardtalk: 12:28am On May 08, 2010
Mariory:

I hope you are all hurting bad. The airport will be built. Fashola will be reelected. Lagos will advance. If these things hurt you so much there are simple things you can do to end the pain. You will never have to hear about Lagos progressing again.

Fashola, what a guy. smiley

I just wish so too, because Fashola's hands are not clean.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by PapaBrowne(m): 1:02am On May 08, 2010
So this argument is still raging.

Anyways, I observed one very interesting thing on this thread. . . . .

Those in support of the project appear much more intelligent than those against the project. I am just wondering why.

Supporters of the project seem better versed in the use of grammar; they articulate their points better and they seem to have a grasp on the way things are done globally. In a nutshell they are intelligent global thinkers.

Antagonists of the project find it quite difficult using the English language; their articulation is poor; their arguments are sentimental, have no logic and are very repetitive.

Just my observation! I no be teacher. I no dey mark exam. I'm just making an honest observation.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 1:15am On May 08, 2010
Hardtalk:

I just wish so too, because Fashola's hands are not clean.
if you want someone clean, then elect the pope. . .when they elected fashola(i didn't vote o cry) who were the other choices? tell me if we elected musiliu obanikoro we'd be having this discussion. . .[size=5pt](it'd be something along the lines of LASG seeking 73bn to build boys quarters for PDP secretariat)[/size]

of course he's not a saint. . .i dont even like the dude that much but i'll tell you this he's head and shoulders above all the closest contenders. . .and that's coming from a non-lagosian(who neither lives nor works in lagos)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma Released On Bail / Intels Begins Construction Of Port In Badagry / How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.