Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,385 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport (17442 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by martinosi: 4:28pm On May 02, 2010
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@

i m not sure if the pending airport is the right moves

like someone said he fashola might have to watch BBC documentary for an ideas

15 million without good health care;jobs etc

this man need to think again

CO-SIGN, Fashola has a State to deal with.
He should look at revitalising the mainland Lagos with Industry & Commerce
and residential development projects, the schools & health services and internal
infrastruture.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by nateevs(m): 6:32pm On May 02, 2010
The Governor has spent just under 3 years in office; yet a lot want miracles.
Isn't it amazing how Nigerians have long yearned for a breath of fresh air and only in 3 years have become overly complacent. .?

Yes the development has to be even but it's only 3 years for heaven's sake.
You don't expect all social and geographical decadence of decades to be expunged in 3 years.

Nigerians are impossible.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Ourturn(m): 8:48pm On May 02, 2010
I have read through this thread carefully, and I will like to say this: those in support of the airport have a stronger point, because no matter what Fashola does, poverty and decay will stay remain in Lagos. He can only reduce the impact. Beggars will never seize to exist, so also unemployment, but the airport will contribute immensely to job creation, and ease mobility, which is witnessed in heavy traffic to and from the island, during works ours. I may at these point implore him to reduce concentration on the island, because very soon, it will backfire. There are lots of empty lands at Epe, Ikorodu and even Badagry. The concentration is too much.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 8:17am On May 03, 2010
martinosi:

CO-SIGN, Fashola has a State to deal with.
and residential development projects, the schools & health services and internal
infrastruture.

Why do olodo people always co sign other olodo people?

Lagos mainland remains the industrial heart of the whole of West Africa. All our major industrial estates from Ikeja, to Ilupeju, Apapa,  Mushin,  Ogba
Matori, Ikorodu, Ilasamaja-Isolo Industrial Estate, Aswani Industrial  Estate are all Lagos Mainland based.

The mainland by far has more residential estates and commerce heavens  than Lagos island,

You clueless people need to shut up sometimes, it's not by force to display your ignorance. Try spend some more time worrying about your villages and worry less about Lagos.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by blaksmith: 10:00am On May 03, 2010
babapupa:

Why do olodo people always co sign other olodo people?

Lagos mainland remains the industrial heart of the whole of West Africa. All our major industrial estates from Ikeja, to Ilupeju, Apapa,  Mushin,  Ogba
Matori, Ikorodu, Ilasamaja-Isolo Industrial Estate, Aswani Industrial  Estate are all Lagos Mainland based.

The mainland by far has more residential estates and commerce heavens  than Lagos island,

You clueless people need to shut up sometimes, it's not by force to display your ignorance. Try spend some more time worrying about your villages and worry less about Lagos.
wink grin

couldn't help but laugh at the above remark. I had hoped my first post would bridge the gap between the dissenters and the approvers, seems like those who dissent always have an convenient way of bringing up additional issues which are quite irrelevant to the post. For instance the issue of PPP was not mentioned in the first 7 pages of this topic and suddenly it appeared. so PPP, what really is it? A partnership between the public (govt and its parastatals) and the private sector (strictly for profit organisations) to fund projects that the govt is not financially capable of embarking on without disrupting the structure of the economy. this is my lay man definition.

Frankly, the Nigerian Private sector CANNOT handle the financial burden of an airport. It would take all our 24 (or 23) banks to form a syndicate in order to come close. 73billion, how many banks can handle that on their books as debt. I can categorically state that the Nigerian Private sector are not on top of this food chain with regards to provodong funds! Do you think the majority of funds for the Lekki road came from within Nigeria? Guess again, The African Development Bank and other DFIs (Development Finance Institution), or Glo's Main One cable, that is being funded by the African Financing Partnership, which is a group of DFIs and MFIs that are committed to funding infrastructure and development projects across Africa. The main focus of these organisations is not profit but economic development and bridging the infrastructure gap of Africa.

So those who think this is another opportunity for the govt to steal money, I laugh with undeniable scorn at your unintentional but expected display of ignorance. I can bet with you that the companies that have been presumably selected to run preliminary assessments on the entire project are SPV (special purpose vehicles) set up solely for the Project in question. the shareholders of these SPVs would obviously be technical experts within requisite field. How are the going to get funds for the projects? Need I say it for the nay sayers amongst you! International financial institutions like DFIs and MFIs, the only way the Nigerian Banking sector would smell this project is if they come under a 2nd tranche of the loan debt. They can in no way handle the responsibilities of a lead arranger or even co arranger, they are small boys in the scheme of things.

AND obviously the govt would be expected to drop some money in order to have something at risk. Private sector (international and not local champions like GTB or First Bank) investors would not fund a project where the risk is not adequately distributed.

Commenting on this thread is mentally draining simply because the majority of you guys (and you know yourselves) cannot contribute sound, concrete and intellectual arguments.The basis of many arguments lack coherent structure and understanding. But hey, we are entitled to our opinions no matter what it may be.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by olanajim(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2010
personally,
I think it is wrong for fashola to build Airport in Lagos. We have domestic airport and international airport both of which are under utilised. He should invest the money on light rail and stop aiming at too many ambitious projects at once.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by blaksmith: 10:52am On May 03, 2010
olanajim:

personally,
I think it is wrong for fashola to build Airport in Lagos. We have domestic airport and international airport both of which are under utilised. He should invest the money on light rail and stop aiming at too many ambitious projects at once.

Under utilized?!!! MM int'l was over utilized and still is, before MM2 was built. Local Airport is even over utilized. MM2 is the only airport that can come close to some level of int'l standard. And it is not under utilized. Before I 'attack' your comments, i will point out that you have aired an opinion without giving a factual basis for your comments. Lagos is the most viable and profitable int'l route in West Africa!!! and it suffers from having only one int'l runway, how then can it be under utilized. I remember a few years ago both British Airways and Virgin Atlantic were almost begging the Federal Govt for an increased number of slots into Lagos, Before you make comments on this issue scroll through some of the posts which aptly counter your comments. I suggest you read my first comment on page 7!!! sheez!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 11:52am On May 03, 2010
[size=14pt]The Good thing about Donald Duke at least he completed the project he started, where he failed is,  siting an executive ice-cream parlour in Iceland.  undecided

The intresting thing about Fashola he is a dreamer and a convolated visionary,  where he failed persisitently is,  he has yet to commute the glam of the drawing board into reality on the ground.

I would not sleep over the Airport, knowing Fashola in his sub-conscious is aware that the hotair, emotions and hullabaloo raised over the thorny issue of a new airport in Lagos is all about constant and regular supply to Tinunbu's war chest.  

The Airport is a divisonary roost to raise un-warranted sentiments for OR against the project, the fact speaks for itself,  the Airport on the ground at moment is grossly under-utilised, it would take dumbwit to believe this project would see the bright light of dawn,  and if it does go ahead it would be one of the numerous catalogue of white-elephant projects that dot most African countries. I think together with Tinanpa,  Nigeria has had its own fair share of such dumb projects.  undecided

Elections are around the corner where is the money lubricating the AC Machinery going to come from, not with what Sanusi has turned our Bank's into, a good administrator must and should be ingenious at rasing funds by thinking big even if the projects are spurious and doubtful.  

. [/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by idifu(m): 11:55am On May 03, 2010
it is a wonderful idea to build an airport in Lagos but the governor and his surbodinates are gonna use dis as an opportunity as "usual" to steal money
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by 4Play(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2010
blaksmith:

Under utilized?!!! MM int'l was over utilized and still is, before MM2 was built. Local Airport is even over utilized. MM2 is the only airport that can come close to some level of int'l standard. And it is not under utilized. Before I 'attack' your comments, i will point out that you have aired an opinion without giving a factual basis for your comments. Lagos is the most viable and profitable int'l route in West Africa!!! and it suffers from having only one int'l runway, how then can it be under utilized. I remember a few years ago both British Airways and Virgin Atlantic were almost begging the Federal Govt for an increased number of slots into Lagos, Before you make comments on this issue scroll through some of the posts which aptly counter your comments. I suggest you read my first comment on page 7!!! sheez!

If MM has only one runway, you then build another airport? Lagos is not afraid of demolishing houses, why not demolish the properties near the current airport and expand the runway? Another delusional Nigerian.

I'm not against most of the projects in Lekki, I'm against the airport in particular and it's no surprise you can't find private investors who are willing to take the commercial risk for a new airport when there is a barely used one already.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by ziga: 12:07pm On May 03, 2010
4 Play:

If MM has only one runway, you then build another airport? Lagos is not afraid of demolishing houses, why not demolish the properties near the current airport and expand the runway? Another delusional Nigerian.

I'm not against most of the projects in Lekki, I'm against the airport in particular and it's no surprise you can't find private investors who are willing to take the commercial risk for a new airport when there is a barely used one already.

I think you are the one who is delusional.

Last time i checked MMIA is FG property, and they prevented the LASG from even upgrading the Airport road when they tried to. I hope you read about that in the news!!!

Well at the current capacity, MMIA is grossly over-utilized!!!

Please check your facts!!!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by idifu(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2010
@knowall   u are right about everything and i agree with you completely on everything you have typed. Most especially when  you said and i quote " The intresting thing about Fashola he is a dreamer and a convolated visionary,  where he failed persisitently is,  he has yet to commute the glam of the drawing board to reality on the ground.  No mind d Fashola him mouth sweet, if hin dey talk 4 tv or on radio or news paper u go tink say hin be one genuine man and hin  go transform Lagos into a better place instantly, and na dis sweet mouth d guy has been using to deceive ppl about his vision for Lagos,, he has a very sweet mouth.
And as you have said the money will be used by AC to fund the next election, why bring up idea of building an airport at this time(election is round d corner)  what has he been doing since 2007? when he assumed office, sleeping abi? yeye man
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by ziga: 12:11pm On May 03, 2010
idifu:

@knowall   u are right about everything and i agree with you completely on everything you have typed. Most especially when  you said and i quote The intresting thing about Fashola he is a dreamer and a convolated visionary,  where he failed persisitently is,  he has yet to commute the glam of the drawing board to reality on the ground.  No mind d Fashola him mouth sweet, if hin dey talk 4 tv or on radio or news paper u go tink say hin be one genuine man and hin  go transform Lagos into a better place instantly, and na dis sweet mouth d guy has been using to deceive ppl about his vision for Lagos,, he has a very sweet mouth.
And as you have said the money will be used by AC to fund the next election, why bring up idea of building an airport at this time(election is round d corner)  what has he been doing since 2007? when he assumed office, sleeping abi? yeye man

Please people. Always check your facts before you comment.

The LFTZ project has been on ground for a while now, and the Airport is a part of the original project.

And BTW, can you say with all sincerity that Lagos has not achieved any development

God dey ooo.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by blaksmith: 12:19pm On May 03, 2010
4 Play:

ziga:

Last time i checked MMIA is FG property, and they prevented the LASG from even upgrading the Airport road when they tried to. I hope you read about that in the news!!!

I guess I do not need to respond to your comment 4play. as Ziga has pointed out the ineptitude of you argument and recommendation. Lagos should build another runway in MM, please tell me when Lagos and Federal Govt become one and the same. As to you comments on local private investors, it does not hold water. the need is obvious and apparent but Nigerian banks are not financially capable of handling such capital intensive projects, most of what they do is open lines of credit with foreign banks and fund local projects, so excuse you, if you really don't have any cogent response on this issue. Don't talk for the sake of talking.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by 4Play(m): 12:22pm On May 03, 2010
ziga:

Idi-ot, it wouldn't matter to private investors who are supposed to fund a new airport whether the current airport is owned by the FG or LASG. Only a slowpoke would want to build a brand new airport from scratch when the current airport is effectively one brand new runway away from undermining the commercial rationale for a new airport.

The last time you flew into Lagos, did your plane spend an hour circling the airport because it was waiting for room to land? The traffic in Lagos is unbelievably light compared to some airports in Africa. Improve and maintain what you have, it seems it's new delusional fad for state govts to want to own airports. Bunch of morons.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by ziga: 12:24pm On May 03, 2010
4 Play:

Idi-ot, it wouldn't matter to private investors who are supposed to fund a new airport whether the current airport is owned by the FG or LASG. Only a slowpoke would want to build a brand new airport from scratch when the current airport is effectively one brand new runway away from undermining the commercial rationale for a new airport.

The last time you flew into Lagos, did your plane spend an hour circling the airport because it was waiting for room to land? The traffic in Lagos is unbelievably light compared to some airports in Africa. Improve and maintain what you have, it seems it's new delusional fad for state govts to want to own airports. Bunch of morons.

I don't think you deserve any more responses from me or anybody else.

An Uncultured, ignorant Bush M.oron with computer and internet access is just like a monkey with a shotgun in hand.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by 4Play(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2010
blaksmith:

I guess I do not need to respond to your comment 4play. as Ziga has pointed out the ineptitude of you argument and recommendation. Lagos should build another runway in MM, please tell me when Lagos and Federal Govt become one and the same. As to you comments on local private investors, it does not hold water. the need is obvious and apparent but Nigerian banks are not financially capable of handling such capital intensive projects, most of what they do is open lines of credit with foreign banks and fund local projects, so excuse you, if you really don't have any cogent response on this issue. Don't talk for the sake of talking.

You are a slowpoke. There is no point building a new airport merely because the owner of the current one does not allow you to improve on it. At least people are now tacitly admitting that it is Lagos state government that wants to build a new one, not private investors. Good luck in finding the money. If the project was commercially viable, you can easily find international funding for it. How else are they funding the other major projects in Lagos?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by 4Play(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2010
ziga:

I don't think you deserve any more responses from me or anybody else.

An Uncultured, ignorant Bush M.oron with computer and internet access is just like a monkey with a shotgun in hand.

Who needs a response from a bunch of morons, no wonder that country is a cesspit of ignorance and poverty. It's the 70s all over again, building white elephant projects that have little economic value whilst the sheep fooled by the aesthetics and grandeur of the projects applaud like a bunch of benighted airheads.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by blaksmith: 12:39pm On May 03, 2010
4 Play:

You are a slowpoke. There is no point building a new airport merely because the owner of the current one does not allow you to improve on it. At least people are now tacitly admitting that it is Lagos state government that wants to build a new one, not private investors. Good luck in finding the money. If the project was commercially viable, you can easily find international funding for it. How else are they funding the other major projects in Lagos?

I had presumed we were having an intellectual argument, albeit, highly lacking on your end. You have confirmed all that I was fearing by your quick resort to name calling. My dear 4play, mere vulgar abuse should not be used in place of sound arguments, where the latter is severely lacking. If all that is left in you is insults and abuses, then I believe I have definitely wasted my time in attempting to engage you in a scholarly confrontation. When the airport does spring up, please refuse to fly into it and continue to beg the FG to build a second runaway,
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 12:48pm On May 03, 2010
u are right about everything and i agree with you completely on everything you have typed. Most especially when  you said and i quote "  The intresting thing about Fashola he is a dreamer and a convolated visionary,  where he failed persisitently is,  he has yet to commute the glam of the drawing board to reality on the ground.   No mind d Fashola him mouth sweet, if hin dey talk 4 tv or on radio or news paper u go tink say hin be one genuine man and hin  go transform Lagos into a better place instantly, and na dis sweet mouth d guy has been using to deceive ppl about his vision for Lagos,, he has a very sweet mouth.
And as you have said the money will be used by AC to fund the next election, why bring up idea of building an airport at this time(election is round d corner)  what has he been doing since 2007? when he assumed office, sleeping abi? yeye man

[size=14pt]Thank you oh, Jare, u are one of the few Lagosians that knows fashola's mouth sweet no be small.[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 12:52pm On May 03, 2010
martinosi:

[size=13pt]Fashola has a State to deal with.
infrastruture.
[/size]

I like that and completeley agree that we need to improve the situation for lagosians, and lagos owned businesses NOW, and not later.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 1:20pm On May 03, 2010
olanajim:

personally,

Can't believe people still type this rubbish, especially when the lagos rail system is under construction as we speak.

How do you deal with this level of ignorance?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by selingel: 1:33pm On May 03, 2010
babapupa:

Can't believe people still type this rubbish, especially when the lagos rail system is under construction as we speak.

In a forum like this, one should expect all sorts of contribution, though he is entitled to his, anyway.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by KnowAll(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2010

In a forum like this, one should expect all sorts of contribution, though he is entitled to his, anyway.

[size=14pt]The thread is not about Light Railways, it is about unwarranted, egoistic and money miss-road white elephant Airport project. Having said that the light Railway remains a phantom until it is operational and funtional.[/size]
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by babapupa: 2:47pm On May 03, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt][b]The thread is not about Light Railways, [/b]it is about unwarranted, egoistic and money miss-road white elephant Airport project. Having said that the light Railway remains a phantom until it is operational and funtional.[/size]

But you and your ignorant crew are free to use it to criticize the proposed airport right?

You're beginning to sound like a white elephant yourself. Not making sense shouldn't be the only part of your make up.

Just like before on NL by no progress loving people like you, the BRT was egotistical and money miss road too.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by olanajim(m): 3:16pm On May 03, 2010
babapupa,
I am sure you are the one that deserved that comment. I am more of an insider than you think. Always think before replying posts. I am sure the things you typed are the rubbish!

I drafted a memo for the Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers in support of the light rail project. Unknown to you, and your cyber-commentators, the project is facing some problems. I should know better since I drafted the memo, which was meant for the FG. Also we have close link with the CCECC. So, in my opinion, the airport is a white elephant project and will gulp more money than stated.

If Fashola is truly focus, he should know that he cant just build a airport without FG approval and that it is best to sort out the problem with light rails before going into another project of even greater challenge.

FYI, no one can operate an airport unless FG through her agencies permit it. And no where in the world will airport operates without air traffic controllers etc. You cant tell me that if FG waged veracious war against Lagos Independent power project(which died anyway) due to refusal of nepa to cooperate, and also against the use of Nigerian railway track and route (which is yet to be fully resolved), then it, FG, will simply conceed a airspace like that. Surely, most comentators are misfit when it come to commenting on issues like this. So many things needed to be done before announcing the project. Just like the IPP, and the light rail, I am sure Lagos state first dazzle public opinions before contacting relevant authority. That is why the project may fail or suffer another lengthy extension with attendan waste of resources.

Looking at the geographical size of lagos, from profesional angle, the airport is useless and will only benefit the rich who are in hurry to get to their location. The best will have been to have helicopter instead!

Anyway, it is good to have #73b airport when our schools and medical centres are begging for attention. It is in Nigerian culture to waste time and money on bigger problem that tackling smaller ones.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by banku: 3:32pm On May 03, 2010
It is really interesting how people try to prove they are in the know.

Who are the funders of African Development Bank, DFI and Glo's Main One cable? Let me give you a hint if you do not know: like where Paris Club countries make most of their profits from. In 2010, these peole are making billions from no other country more than Nigeria by odious loans, penalties, interest, safe money keepers for looters, legal fees, taxes on humogous houses, school fees etc.

We now have Mr. Cool telling us more money is coming into Nigeria through PPP to help us develop than that used as special trust diverted govt money into private banks like Equitorial Bank, used to buy govt projectat at substaial loss and called PPP. Please take your knowledge back to your senders.

Gosh, yet we are all Africans and Nigerians.

blaksmith:

wink grin

couldn't help but laugh at the above remark. I had hoped my first post would bridge the gap between the dissenters and the approvers, seems like those who dissent always have an convenient way of bringing up additional issues which are quite irrelevant to the post. For instance the issue of PPP was not mentioned in the first 7 pages of this topic and suddenly it appeared. so PPP, what really is it? A partnership between the public (govt and its parastatals) and the private sector (strictly for profit organisations) to fund projects that the govt is not financially capable of embarking on without disrupting the structure of the economy. this is my lay man definition.

Frankly, the Nigerian Private sector CANNOT handle the financial burden of an airport. It would take all our 24 (or 23) banks to form a syndicate in order to come close. 73billion, how many banks can handle that on their books as debt. I can categorically state that the Nigerian Private sector are not on top of this food chain with regards to provodong funds! Do you think the majority of funds for the Lekki road came from within Nigeria? Guess again, The African Development Bank and other DFIs (Development Finance Institution), or Glo's Main One cable, that is being funded by the African Financing Partnership, which is a group of DFIs and MFIs that are committed to funding infrastructure and development projects across Africa. The main focus of these organisations is not profit but economic development and bridging the infrastructure gap of Africa.

So those who think this is another opportunity for the govt to steal money, I laugh with undeniable scorn at your unintentional but expected display of ignorance. I can bet with you that the companies that have been presumably selected to run preliminary assessments on the entire project are SPV (special purpose vehicles) set up solely for the Project in question. the shareholders of these SPVs would obviously be technical experts within requisite field. How are the going to get funds for the projects? Need I say it for the nay sayers amongst you! International financial institutions like DFIs and MFIs, the only way the Nigerian Banking sector would smell this project is if they come under a 2nd tranche of the loan debt. They can in no way handle the responsibilities of a lead arranger or even co arranger, they are small boys in the scheme of things.

AND obviously the govt would be expected to drop some money in order to have something at risk. Private sector (international and not local champions like GTB or First Bank) investors would not fund a project where the risk is not adequately distributed.

Commenting on this thread is mentally draining simply because the majority of you guys (and you know yourselves) cannot contribute sound, concrete and intellectual arguments.The basis of many arguments lack coherent structure and understanding. But hey, we are entitled to our opinions no matter what it may be.

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by labiyemmy(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2010
People say, I am against this, I am against that, as if your opinion counts?

The same set of people who criticised the Uyo Airport and the Asaba Airport, so which airport is okay to be built? None.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On May 03, 2010
Majority of lagos people live in abject poverty yet we want to build another airport. Someone here says it's needed because lagos has a population of over 15 million as if 70% of the population have entered an aeroplane before.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by labiyemmy(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2010
@Afam

So, we should build more cars, and farms for food, right?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2010
@labiyemmy:

People say, I am against this, I am against that, as if your opinion counts?

The same set of people who criticised the Uyo Airport and the Asaba Airport, so which airport is okay to be built? None.

Common sense, Nigeria is one of the poorest nations in the world yet you think building airports all over the place is best thing to do.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by blaksmith: 5:21pm On May 03, 2010
banku:

It is really interesting how people try to prove they are in the know.

Who are the funders of African Development Bank, DFI and Glo's Main One cable? Let me give you a hint if you do not know: like where Paris Club countries make most of their profits from. In 2010, these peole are making billions from no other country more than Nigeria by odious loans, penalties, interest, safe money keepers for looters, legal fees, taxes on humogous houses, school fees etc.

We now have Mr. Cool telling us more money is coming into Nigeria through PPP to help us develop than that used as special trust diverted govt money into private banks like Equitorial Bank, used to buy govt projectat at substaial loss and called PPP. Please take your knowledge back to your senders.

Gosh, yet we are all Africans and Nigerians.

And I am supposed to respond to what exactly in your comment which is hardly coherent. If you do not understand certain terms in my post, look them up on google. I assume you were trying to tell me the funders of AfDB and DFI (assuming you think this is the name of an institution), but you have still failed to say who these 'funders' are. Paris club, what does the Paris club have to do with any of this. If you do not know the structure of the Paris Club and what it did then don't mention it in a situation that does not warrant it. So I am still waiting for you to tell me the funders because you emphatically made reference to have this knowledge,

If you are still lacking in the knowledge I might be able to point you in the right direction (then again whether you can tell your left from your right is another issue entirely). visit www.afdb.org and search for member countries and you would realise that those who fund the AfDB are in fact regional African countries and other Western countries. Also be informed that Nigeria is the largest shareholder of the AfDB. If you do not understand, then don't criticize!!! 'My people perish for lack of knowledge', and to some Ignorance really is bliss.

'Mr Cool', hahaha. what a joke!!!

And I just read your post again, shame on me for even replying!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What's A Good Souvenir To Give Clients During This Festive Season? / Nigerian Mutual Funds Hit N1.26 Trillion In 5 Months / Aliko Dangote Is $2.5 Billion Richer Than Oprah Winfrey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.