Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport (17430 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / People Wearing White Take Over Ikeja, Shops Locked, Streets Deserted (Photo) / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by 4Play(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2010
Mace Group's International Development Unit (IDU) team has been appointed by the Nigerian Ministry of Commerce and Industry as project manager for the preparation of a masterplan for a new $600m international airport in Lagos.

Nice little copy and paste by Sky Blue. I thought you are arguing that this could be entirely financed by the private sector, even though you seem to be unable to provide evidence of who these private sector investors are and how much they are willing to bring to the table. This project was mooted by the Govt since at least 2008, we are currently in 2010 and no evidence of private sector funding yet.

If there are willing investors who are prepared to finance an airport, it's not the Govt who should be suggesting how much the airport will cost or paying Mace Group to prepare a masterplan( since Mace Group are not working for free, so much for no Govt funding). If the private sector is going to fund it, they will determine the size of the project and how much it will cost , not Govt mandarins.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by AkoEja: 11:57am On May 01, 2010
If the roads are good, and every other infrastructure is in place, we might say this man is bereft of ideas, so lets allow him, but Lagos is still far off expectation, so why another airport? Besides, how many people can afford air transportation in Lagos? All these talks about Lagos being 15million plus, does not hold water, as a very minute population can afford air transportation. If he is short of ideas, he should watch the BBC documentary about Lagos again. He will definitely know what to do. The fact that, it is PPP does not mean anything. PPP can provide houses. PPP can provide electricity. PPP can make the rail come back to live etc.

When you build an airport, its not just for people flying. Its for everyone. If you can't fly, those who fly bring business to the area. Building an airport is not an elitist project, its all part of development. A lot of people in Nairaland talk out of their ass!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by SkyBlue1: 12:34pm On May 01, 2010
4 Play:

Nice little copy and paste by Sky Blue. I thought you are arguing that this could be entirely financed by the private sector, even though you seem to be unable to provide evidence of who these private sector investors are and how much they are willing to bring to the table. This project was mooted by the Govt since at least 2008, we are currently in 2010 and no evidence of private sector funding yet.

If there are willing investors who are prepared to finance an airport, it's not the Govt who should be suggesting how much the airport will cost or paying Mace Group to prepare a masterplan( since Mace Group are not working for free, so much for no Govt funding). If the private sector is going to fund it, they will determine the size of the project and how much it will cost , not Govt mandarins.

Here is the thing that is a tad annoying though, you came on the thread and said that PPP by definition means public money is also spent and therefroe Lagos government would foot a part of the bill. I told you that was not the case, there are different types of PPP and that neither you nor I had seen the contract, I even gave examples of PPP projects in Nigeria which have been funded by the private sector, so what is all this really about? You keep saying I should provide evidence of the private sector investors when I have just told you its about neither of us knowing and you jumping to conclusions as if you have been given exclusive acess to some high profile documents.

The Lekki Free Trade zone actually surfaced before 2008 since I was aware of it in 2007 and work is actually being done on it right now; I became aware of the airport proposal in 2008. Mentioning that the proposal has been on the table since seems a tad petty considering the state government was also looking for investors and trying to convince them to invest in the rail project for quite a while and guess what? Investors were finally found and work is ongoing on the project as we speak. The proposal for the rail project was already there before investors from the private sector signed unto the project meaning the scale or design was not necessarily dictated by them. Getting the private sector involved does not mean they have to dictate the scale of the project, getting investors a lot of the time is also about being able to sell them an economic and profitable opportunity which can range from vague ideas to full out concrete plans and proposals.

I seem to be the one doing the "copy and paste" which is beginning to make this exchange look like petty point scoring, so genuinely no offence if I don't oblige anymore and just ignore your future posts if I would have to be the one obtaining info we can all obtain.

Exerpt from an article to consider with regards to the private sector funding of the Lekki Free Trade Zone, so stop making it sound like private sector funding in a PPP is a new and alien concept.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35 foreign and local firms commit to Lekki FTZ - http://allafrica.com/stories/200910130117.html

Thirty five foreign and local investors have signed Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with Lagos State Government to invest $1.496 billion in the Lekki Free Trade Zone, according to a recent Growth and Employment Report (GER) on Nigeria by World Bank Country Office, Abuja.

Five companies account for 64 percent or $955 million of the planned investment. These are Telsy Energy Consulting & Investment Limited that plan to build a power generating plant on a 20-hectare piece of land at a cost of $480 million and Giorgio Dredging Limited which is to build a petroleum products storage facility at a cost of $200 million on a 10-hectare expanse of land.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by cyntlating(f): 12:50pm On May 01, 2010
since d daz of lord lugard,it has alwaz been help d poor, tink like d poor.4 how long can a govt limits itself to backwardness,it is only a man dat is lazy to upgrade its status financialy dat will see dis project as waste of money.we cannot remain in a place because a segment of a population does nt feel dey need anoda airport,it is ONLY a poverty mentality.For d destractors,dey r luking for 2011 election manifesto because dey v nothing to tell us dat we v nt seen in lagos.fashola carry go u r n will remain d governor of LAGOS STATE
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Mariory(m): 2:57pm On May 01, 2010
The thing is no matter how hard some folks on here whine, cry, whale, gnash their teeth, the airport will go ahead. Other projects will go ahead. Lagos will go ahead. If you folks don't like it, go jump into the nearest river or go make yourself feel better by watching welcome to lagos. Pure and Simple.

Well done Fashola. What a guy! smiley
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by banku: 3:17pm On May 01, 2010
There are so many PRO from Iragbiji by way of Chicago, the windy city here. How many Nigerians who care about their fellow men and women is it going to take to stop these Chicago mafia?

They are the starters, planners, importers of "experts" and "consultants". The same ones that brought us Enron that defrauded all the developing countries from Africa to Asia. Well done o.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On May 01, 2010
AkoEja:

When you build an airport, its not just for people flying. Its for everyone. If you can't fly, those who fly bring business to the area. Building an airport is not an elitist project, its all part of development. A lot of people in Nairaland talk out of their backside!

Are you certain of that? There are so many Airports, even across america today that barely get up to 1000 passengers or cargo transport a month. These projects cost millions., and still do but because the government's in the areas are unwilling to swallow their pride, they continue to WASTE taxpayer money on these projects and airports.

Sure, airports are there to transport cargo and people, but it makes absolute sense for people to plan carefully and ensure they are not constructing another monument to waste. From the much, and there is not really much more than the usual feel good rattle on why an airport is needed, I have read on the Lekki plan for an airport, it sounds like the airport will be used more for transporting goods, rather than people. Reminded me a lot of the "If you build it, they will come" approach to projects development, which I hope works out.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by jokingmary(m): 4:19pm On May 01, 2010
I commend him but on second thoughts beggers littered on the streets of lagos and refuges decorating every where etc, I think he should solve these problems before building a second airport
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Mariory(m): 4:39pm On May 01, 2010
jokingmary:

I commend him but on second thoughts beggers littered on the streets of lagos and refuges decorating every where etc, I think he should solve these problems before building a second airport

Solve them how? If the beggers don't make enough money to lift themselves from poverty by begging from the private sector (You and I). Then how is Fashola going to convince the same private sector to give him their money so he can feed, house, and cloth all those beggers?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by 4Play(m): 8:05pm On May 01, 2010
Sky Blue:

Here is the thing that is a tad annoying though, you came on the thread and said that PPP by definition means public money is also spent and therefroe Lagos government would foot a part of the bill. I told you that was not the case, there are different types of PPP and that neither you nor I had seen the contract, I even gave examples of PPP projects in Nigeria which have been funded by the private sector, so what is all this really about? You keep saying I should provide evidence of the private sector investors when I have just told you its about neither of us knowing and you jumping to conclusions as if you have been given exclusive acess to some high profile documents.

The Lekki Free Trade zone actually surfaced before 2008 since I was aware of it in 2007 and work is actually being done on it right now; I became aware of the airport proposal in 2008. Mentioning that the proposal has been on the table since seems a tad petty considering the state government was also looking for investors and trying to convince them to invest in the rail project for quite a while and guess what? Investors were finally found and work is ongoing on the project as we speak. The proposal for the rail project was already there before investors from the private sector signed unto the project meaning the scale or design was not necessarily dictated by them. Getting the private sector involved does not mean they have to dictate the scale of the project, getting investors a lot of the time is also about being able to sell them an economic and profitable opportunity which can range from vague ideas to full out concrete plans and proposals.

I seem to be the one doing the "copy and paste" which is beginning to make this exchange look like petty point scoring, so genuinely no offence if I don't oblige anymore and just ignore your future posts if I would have to be the one obtaining info we can all obtain.

Exerpt from an article to consider with regards to the private sector funding of the Lekki Free Trade Zone, so stop making it sound like private sector funding in a PPP is a new and alien concept.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
35 foreign and local firms commit to Lekki FTZ - http://allafrica.com/stories/200910130117.html

Thirty five foreign and local investors have signed Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with Lagos State Government to invest $1.496 billion in the Lekki Free Trade Zone, according to a recent Growth and Employment Report (GER) on Nigeria by World Bank Country Office, Abuja.

Five companies account for 64 percent or $955 million of the planned investment. These are Telsy Energy Consulting & Investment Limited that plan to build a power generating plant on a 20-hectare piece of land at a cost of $480 million and Giorgio Dredging Limited which is to build a petroleum products storage facility at a cost of $200 million on a 10-hectare expanse of land.

SkyBlue, in all your blithering drivel and copy and paste, there is still no evidence of the private sector prepared to fund a new major airport in Lekki. Not one iota of evidence.

As for there being examples of PPPs not having public financing, Lekki is surely not one of them:
In line with efforts to attract foreign investment into Lagos State, the government has allocated N40.5 billion for the development of the Lekki Free Trade Zone into a world-class trade centre.

To that effect, a land use and infrastructure master plan for the 16,500 hectares has been approved by the government, which is expected to be equipped with modern facilities, including seaport, light rail, goad road network and telecommunications.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200904061035.html

If the private sector is to fund an airport, the private sector alone will determine the size of the airport taking into consideration its commercial viability if they are supposed to bear the financial risk alone. Not yet seen any of these private investors, have you seen them?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 9:48pm On May 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Are you certain of that? There are so many Airports, even across america today that barely get up to 1000 passengers or cargo transport a month. These projects cost millions., and still do but because the government's in the areas are unwilling to swallow their pride, they continue to WASTE taxpayer money on these projects and airports.

Sure, airports are there to transport cargo and people, but it makes absolute sense for people to plan carefully and ensure they are not constructing another monument to waste. From the much, and there is not really much more than the usual feel good rattle on why an airport is needed, I have read on the Lekki plan for an airport, it sounds like the airport will be used more for transporting goods, rather than people. Reminded me a lot of the  "If you build it, they will come" approach to projects development, which I hope works out.
i could kiss you for that(nahhhh, u'll have to work harder i dont come cheap!). . .that's what i've been trying to say all along. . .the LFTZ will generate traffic, that's one of the reasons it stands a far better chance than tinapa. . .accessibility!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On May 01, 2010
netotse:

i could kiss you for that(nahhhh, u'll have to work harder i dont come cheap!). . .that's what i've been trying to say all along. . .the LFTZ will generate traffic, that's one of the reasons it stands a far better chance than tinapa. . .accessibility!

Tinapa was designed around the very same, sorry!!
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by doyin13(m): 9:58pm On May 01, 2010
You guys should not disparage the Tinapa project yet.

Federal bureaucratic inertia has stalled the project. Hopefully
once everythings sorted out, we can judge the idea on its
own merit.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 10:06pm On May 01, 2010
@kobojunkie
but is/was it as thoroughly thought out as LFTZ seems to be?

this is a little something i got from wikipedia

A free trade zone(FTZ) or export processing zone (EPZ) is an are of a country where some trade barriers such as tarrits and quotas are eliminated and bureaucratice requirements are relaxed in the hopes of attracting new business and foreign investments. It is a region where a group of countries have agreed to reduce or eliminate trade barriers. Free trade zones can be described as labour intensive manufacturing centres that involve the importing of raw materials or components and the exporting of factory products.

now someone tell me how something like this^^ wont benefit from having an airport next door?(or you think they'll still want to be using the national relic we refer to as MMA?)
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On May 01, 2010
netotse:

@kobojunkie
but is/was it as thoroughly thought out as LFTZ seems to be?

I actually had high hopes for the Tinapa project - the project seemed thoroughly thought out. It included plans for a light rail to help with transporting people and goods in and out of the area.

netotse:
this is a little something i got from wikipedia

A free trade zone(FTZ) or export processing zone (EPZ) is an are of a country where some trade barriers such as tarrits and quotas are eliminated and bureaucratice requirements are relaxed in the hopes of attracting new business and foreign investments. It is a region where a group of countries have agreed to reduce or eliminate trade barriers. Free trade zones can be described as labour intensive manufacturing centres that involve the importing of raw materials or components and the exporting of factory products.

now someone tell me how something like this^^ wont benefit from having an airport next door?(or you think they'll still want to be using the national relic we refer to as MMA?)

Again, Tinapa ! Not that it is Tinapa is dead, or that it cannot be made to succeed in the future. The FTZ plan is not the first of it's kind and so that is not enough reason for anyone to claim its success it guaranteed.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2010
Has the light rail been constructed? At least they have started work on the railway in lagos, and also lagos is where the action is, it's unfair to compare the two cities
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by SkyBlue1: 10:48pm On May 01, 2010
4 Play:

SkyBlue, in all your blithering drivel and copy and paste, there is still no evidence of the private sector prepared to fund a new major airport in Lekki. Not one iota of evidence.

As for there being examples of PPPs not having public financing, Lekki is surely not one of them: http://allafrica.com/stories/200904061035.html

If the private sector is to fund an airport, the private sector alone will determine the size of the airport taking into consideration its commercial viability if they are supposed to bear the financial risk alone. Not yet seen any of these private investors, have you seen them?

Erm. . . . . .maybe thats why the article states that the governor is still "scouting" for investors just like was the case about a year or two ago for the rail project? You didn't read that part in your frantic quest to 'make a point'? smiley

With regards to the second bolded part; did not claim Lekki was completely funded by the private sector, put up the article to show a list of local and private investors, a breed which from the way people post on this thread you would believe do not exist, with (going by your pasted article) government contributing about 18% of the capital as well as other concessions.

Everything else in your post has been addressed earlier so I won't repeat myself.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On May 01, 2010
netotse:

Has the light rail been constructed? At least they have started work on the railway in lagos, and also lagos is where the action is, it's unfair to compare the two cities

I don't think even you would approve that Tinapa commence a rail project with the current problems it has to deal with at this time. Is the Lagos railway now connected to the Lekki FTZ project?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On May 01, 2010
[size=13pt]

The government said it has paid a total of N785m as compensation to land owners in the area, who had to forfeit their land for the development. Special Adviser on Commerce and Industry, Sola Oworu has assured that the State Government is committed to the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding which it signed with She said that State Government is working with a Chinese Consortium for the development of the first phase of the Free Trade Zone which is 3000 hectares, adding that the Chinese are expected to bring in capital to develop the infrastructure in free trade zone.

Said Oworu: "The State Government alone cannot fund all the infrastructure development required in the free Trade Zone, so we are partnering with the Chinese Consortium who will bring in capital to develop infrastructure such as network of roads, power, sewage, water treatment plant so that they can attract the right type of investors in the zone.
When you see the Chinese investors on ground, it means they are there as investors". Oworu informed that Environmental Impact Assessment has been done for the Lekki Free trade Zone, adding that the expanse of land under the Free Trade Zone would revert to the State Government after the Chinese investors must have recouped their investments. Ganiyu Adegbesan, the Onise of Ise, said he is satisfied with what the State Government is doing in their affected communities, but implored the authorities to ensure that it fulfils all the promises made to them. He added that the State should also ensure that it pays compensation to appropriate family heads and not to impostors, urging the State to parley with the aggrieved people.

Secretary of the resettlement committee, Hamidu Musiliu pledged that the people should be carried along in the process. He said that they would benefit in many ways including awarding contracts to some of the local contractors, stressing that presently the local contractors feel no sense of belonging. The ultimate goal of this project is to create a new model city and a mega industrial, commercial, financial, tourism and recreational hub - a cutting edge centre for international business collaborations. But as construction gets underway on the first phase of the project, the affected people in various Lekki communities are waiting to see how the effort would impact their lives.[/size]

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7228:lekki-free-trade-zone-and-challenge-of-infrastructure&catid=94:features&Itemid=353
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 11:38pm On May 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don't think even you would approve that Tinapa commence a rail project with the current problems it has to deal with at this time.   Is the Lagos railway now connected to the Lekki FTZ project?
even me? I'll choose to see that as a complement, sey they are being run concurrently(the railway and LFTZ projects), someone pasted in his reply that on the railway there'll be a line that goes straight to the LFTZ, could it be you haven't been reading the replies?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On May 01, 2010
netotse:

even me? I'll choose to see that as a complement, sey they are being run concurrently(the railway and LFTZ projects), someone pasted in his reply that on the railway there'll be a line that goes straight to the LFTZ, could it be you haven't been reading the replies?

Well, from what I have come to understand to this point, the rail project is NOT connected to the LFTZ project, even though some lines might extend to it.

I do read replies from folks who are actually here to have some civil debate with others, and I do try also to verify claims made, by asking questions of posters, and/or doing research of my own. So far, quite a lot of people have made some really outrageous claims of this project to this point. Not a long of answers to this point, but postulations which do not seem to line up with some of what is stated on some of the documents I have found linked to the project.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by doyin13(m): 11:52pm On May 01, 2010
Nope. . the rail project, at least the first two the government
have identified as priority will serve the mainland.

But when the full rail network is operational, there will surely
be a line to lekki and its environs.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by idifu(m): 11:55pm On May 01, 2010
@mekuszyx  you are 100% correct it is anoda avenue to steal "AUTHORITY STEALING PASS ARMED ROBBERY" " PEN ROBBERY" (Wey oga pata pata go go steal him go take position steal all free, free stealing na him policy, head robbery (Quotes from Fela's Authority stealing and Confusion break bone)
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On May 02, 2010
The governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Raji Fashola, is considered by most Lagosians to be an honest striver who aims to improve the city. (The city and the state of Lagos are basically one and the same, such is the expansiveness of the urban sprawl.) I have heard Fashola speak on several occasions; each time, I came away impressed but just as convinced that his lofty and admirable goals would not succeed.

“Most places do planning before development,” said Moses Ogun of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners. “Here they do development and building before they’ve done the planning. I call it disjointed incrementalism.”

The architects of the 1998 city master plan promised to develop 28 new districts in Lagos and ease congestion, but they didn’t follow through, according to Ogun. Only 15 percent of the 1985 master plan was implemented.

“There is no one guiding the growth,” Ogun said. “The governor needs to wake up.”

I don’t think wakefulness is the governor’s problem. Disentangling himself from rich patrons and the corruption long endemic to Nigeria may be.

There are huge amounts of money to be made in Lagos, particularly in the housing industry. Demand is high, and so are rents. A two-bedroom apartment in Ikoyi, Lekki, or Victoria Island (where Eko Atlantic City will be constructed), the wealthier areas of Lagos, can cost $6,000 a month.

Developers have been quick to pounce on this housing bubble, and they are very keen to build additional properties on the islands. The city’s plan to reclaim land from the ocean is music to their ears.

The poorer neighborhoods of Lagos invariably get neglected.

Mabel Samuel lives in a shanty village enclosed on all sides by multistory homes and businesses catering to wealthy Lagos residents. The people here work as servants, cleaners, and drivers for the more affluent folks who surround them. They pack themselves and their entire families into tiny rented rooms because they cannot afford the cost of commuting daily from other, more affordable neighborhoods. Mabel, her husband, and their three children live in a room that is about 6 feet by 8 feet.

http://www.blackpower.com/business/lagos-africas-mega-city/
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Hardtalk: 1:12am On May 02, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Raji Fashola, is considered by most Lagosians to be an honest striver who aims to improve the city. (The city and the state of Lagos are basically one and the same, such is the expansiveness of the urban sprawl.) I have heard Fashola speak on several occasions; each time, I came away impressed but just as convinced that his lofty and admirable goals would not succeed.

“Most places do planning before development,” said Moses Ogun of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners. “Here they do development and building before they’ve done the planning. I call it disjointed incrementalism.”

The architects of the 1998 city master plan promised to develop 28 new districts in Lagos and ease congestion, but they didn’t follow through, according to Ogun. Only 15 percent of the 1985 master plan was implemented.

“There is no one guiding the growth,” Ogun said. “The governor needs to wake up.”

I don’t think wakefulness is the governor’s problem. Disentangling himself from rich patrons and the corruption long endemic to Nigeria may be.

There are huge amounts of money to be made in Lagos, particularly in the housing industry. Demand is high, and so are rents. A two-bedroom apartment in Ikoyi, Lekki, or Victoria Island (where Eko Atlantic City will be constructed), the wealthier areas of Lagos, can cost $6,000 a month.

Developers have been quick to pounce on this housing bubble, and they are very keen to build additional properties on the islands. The city’s plan to reclaim land from the ocean is music to their ears.

Mabel Samuel lives in a shanty village enclosed on all sides by multistory homes and businesses catering to wealthy Lagos residents. The people here work as servants, cleaners, and drivers for the more affluent folks who surround them. They pack themselves and their entire families into tiny rented rooms because they cannot afford the cost of commuting daily from other, more affordable neighborhoods. Mabel, her husband, and their three children live in a room that is about 6 feet by 8 feet.

That is sure the problem of Fashola. He is not spreading this development, lessen congestion.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by netotse(m): 1:44am On May 02, 2010
Hardtalk:

That is sure the problem of Fashola. He is not spreading this development, lessen congestion.
i agree with you on this, the LASG should look into providing affordable housing for the 'new workers' cos from my end it seems they are doing very little in terms of that. . .personally, i'm still not over the tejuosho stunt, but that isn't what this thread is about is it?
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by olafolarin(m): 1:48am On May 02, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Are u serious?$6,000 a month for a 2 bedroom flat, It's so cheap.and what did he crawl out from, A Vodka?

Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by olafolarin(m): 1:59am On May 02, 2010
Someone wrote on this thread that 2/3 of Lagos residents are easterners and that without them Lagos is dead.
Can someone please ask him what has he been smoking?Because it is not true that 66% of Lagos residents are Easterners.

MMIA is in a very bad state and efforts by the FG refurbish it has always failed.
The Lekki Inter'l Airport will serve as a better alternative to the dilapilated MM.Besides it will open up the entire Lekki-Epe axis for development.The FTZ,rail and economic emancipation of the state will be seriously and tremendously increased.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by member479760: 2:30am On May 02, 2010
If that is his own prescription medication then let him go ahead, money has to be in circulation in any form.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Akosbaba(m): 6:23am On May 02, 2010
Progressive thinking from fash
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Mariory(m): 10:41am On May 02, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The governor of Lagos state, Babatunde Raji Fashola, is considered by most Lagosians to be an honest striver who aims to improve the city.

_ _ _

Pure and Simple. Nothing more needs to be said.
Re: Fashola Shops For N73.3b For Airport by Hardtalk: 1:43pm On May 02, 2010
In deed Fashola has good intention, but some of hid policies are not masses friendly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Free Info To Get Easy Loan For Your Business / First Bank Wins Best Mobile Banking App And Fastest Growing Retail Bank Awards / What's A Good Souvenir To Give Clients During This Festive Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.