Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,508 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (822060 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by tonididdy(m): 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Gerald454:
I heard that from next week, that UAE want to stop tourist E- visa. That the applicant must book appointment and come in person to the embassy for the visa. With his/ her international passport, vaccination card or certificate, master/ visa card and with time, bank account statement will be introduce.
Am in Nigeria now, an agent in Dubai just message me regarding that. Please can anybody confirm?

Confirm what?
With all the signals on ground, you should know it's no longer business as usual.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Gerald454: 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
tonididdy:

Confirm what?
With all the signals on ground, you should know it's no longer business as usual.

Lolzz...okay sir.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by lily156: 12:49am On Jan 17, 2022
So do you think one should quickly apply for the visa now before they start this new process?

tonididdy:

Confirm what?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mightyjoe746: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
A friend told me, his application for 3 month visa has been pending since 23rd December,2021. I'm confused I thought they said the visa do come out 2 to 3 days?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by thegreencoal: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
Gerald454:
I heard that from next week, that UAE want to stop tourist E- visa. That the applicant must book appointment and come in person to the embassy for the visa. With his/ her international passport, vaccination card or certificate, master/ visa card and with time, bank account statement will be introduce.
Am in Nigeria now, an agent in Dubai just message me regarding that. Please can anybody confirm?

Yes, it's true. I am in the United Arab Emirates and I can confirm to you that it's true.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by thegreencoal: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2022
mightyjoe746:
A friend told me, his application for 3 month visa has been pending since 23rd December,2021. I'm confused I thought they said the visa do come out 2 to 3 days?

Ideally, UAE VISA will come out in 2-3 days but the guys (especially Nigerians) in the UAE will not do the VISA until you pressurize them and later they will go and apply for you. The person could have probably used your money for business here or just have mismanaged it, so you have to put pressure on the person's head.

In my time, it took the guy 8 months before I got my VISA until I got here and realized that all things being equal, your VISA should be out within 2-3 business days.

Goodluck.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by thegreencoal: 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2022
RodgersAkpafu:

We allowed the dregs of our society travel out en masse

On point. Even though other nationalities like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh have a number of illiterates too, they are however, modest in their behaviours; no robbery, no waylaying, no flashy display of cultism (even though some of them are into cultism but they don't show it like Nigerian do here) no unnecessary fights - things too common among Nigerians

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by lily156: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
Are they cancelling e-visas for all nationalities or Nigerians only?

thegreencoal:

Yes, it's true. I am in the United Arab Emirates and I can confirm to you that it's true.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by teeking: 9:26am On Jan 19, 2022
No labour visa for Nigerians and some Africans, only free zone visa for now.... Good luck.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by cucumbar: 10:40am On Jan 19, 2022
teeking:
No labour visa for Nigerians and some Africans, only free zone visa for now.... Good luck.
which one is free zone visa? Me na tourist visa I Dey look for. What about that one?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Angelawhite(m): 10:55am On Jan 20, 2022
Hi guys.

My company is currently trying to process my relocation to Dubai - visa, flight, etc but can't due to the travel restrictions.

As an alternative, is there a possibility to get my visa from say Ghana or Cotonu and travel from there ? The cost implications wouldn't be a problem. I just want to be sure the possibility is there so I can suggest that to my company.

Secondly, what is the current state of getting an Employment visa ? I learned there is no issues with freezone companies obtaining visas for Nigerians but how do I know if my company is a free zone ? Any website to check that ?

I am currently working remotely as a Software Engineer with the company. I'm bounded by my contract to relocate but they are understanding enough to let me work from here for the meantime but I don't want to take it for granted and would like to explore any possible means of traveling.

I await your response kiss
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by obagoally(m): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Angelawhite:
Hi guys.

My company is currently trying to process my relocation to Dubai - visa, flight, etc but can't due to the travel restrictions.

As an alternative, is there a possibility to get my visa from say Ghana or Cotonu and travel from there ? The cost implications wouldn't be a problem. I just want to be sure the possibility is there so I can suggest that to my company.

Secondly, what is the current state of getting an Employment visa ? I learned there is no issues with freezone companies obtaining visas for Nigerians but how do I know if my company is a free zone ? Any website to check that ?

I am currently working remotely as a Software Engineer with the company. I'm bounded by my contract to relocate but they are understanding enough to let me work from here for the meantime but I don't want to take it for granted and would like to explore any possible means of traveling.

I await your response kiss
Entry visa for UAE can be processed from anywhere you are, it is not location dependent. Since Ghana and Benin Republic aren't on the restricted countries for now, yes, you can travel from there after spending 14 days before your departing flight to UAE.
Employment visa for mainland companies na issue for now, from my little knowledge, freezone companies usually have either FZE, FZCO or FZ to their company name, there might be other ways to knw too sha, datz d 1 I knw.
Please, be double sure your company can get u a work permit before travelling, if not, just they enjoy your remote work jejely

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Angelawhite(m): 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
obagoally:

Entry visa for UAE can be processed from anywhere you are, it is not location dependent. Since Ghana and Benin Republic aren't on the restricted countries for now, yes, you can travel from there after spending 14 days before your departing flight to UAE.
Employment visa for mainland companies na issue for now, from my little knowledge, freezone companies usually have either FZE, FZCO or FZ to their company name, there might be other ways to knw too sha, datz d 1 I knw.
Please, be double sure your company can get u a work permit before travelling, if not, just they enjoy your remote work jejely

This was helpful. Thank you so much
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Odibs(m): 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
The UAE has suspended resident visa cancellations due to Covid. I was freaking out and very desperate to travel so as not to lose residency until I was told not to worry that automatic cancellations are no longer being enforced because of Covid.
So anyone freaking out should calm down first and then plan your trip without pressure

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by teeking: 7:21am On Jan 23, 2022
You ain't coming for work right? If yes, you can schedule your plan till labour visa is granted to Nigerians
cucumbar:
which one is free zone visa? Me na tourist visa I Dey look for. What about that one?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Angelawhite(m): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Snails: 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
Confused
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Gerald454: 10:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
I just read UAE has lifted travel ban on Nigeria , Kenya and 10 other countries.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Abrahamm(m): 2:31am On Jan 27, 2022
Gerald454:
I just read UAE has lifted travel ban on Nigeria , Kenya and 10 other countries.
Yes, by 29th of this month it will be effective

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Modran: 8:17am On Jan 27, 2022
About visa applications…is the old method still in place or we need to visit the visa application office?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by cucumbar: 9:45am On Jan 27, 2022
Gerald454:
where did you read that? It’s not on the emirates update page

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (473) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.