Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (13724 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Fg Releases N15bn To Police For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Onlytruth(m): 6:25am On May 08, 2010
And once more I would say, THANK GOD FOR OJUKWU.  cool
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by chidichris(m): 7:09am On May 08, 2010
the half baked yorubas on this forum must be the under bridge yorubas.
obasanjo have never won any elections in the yorubaland.
tinubu has refused obasanjo to be a factor in lagos state.
obasanjo killed bola ige and i will say it till next year, obasanjo is just another madman let loose by circumstances.
if ibb is as corrupt as the so-called abiolas and yorubas are saying, why did obasanjo(another yorubaman) not probe him?
the death of abiola was appeases with the selection of obasanjo hence the power thirsty fools went back to sleep.
obasanjo
bode george
borrishade
kayode
late adedibu
mrs.etteh
iyabo obasanjo
late abiola
etc
these names above represents the yoruba political ambassadores while u can also address them as the great criminals in the country.
look at nigeria and see how it is in the last 11 years of yoruba/obasanjo madness.
how many billions were spent on power, roads, security, education and all that. which aspect of our economy is presently reflecting the amount of money spent on them?
like i said, with the type of injections given to soldiers, 99% of them go mad at old age and i tell u obasanjo is not an exception.
it is possible that this country is under the leadership of a potential madman in the name of obasanjo.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by SEFAGO(m): 7:38am On May 08, 2010
[b]like i said, with the type of injections given to soldiers, 99% of them go mad at old age [/b]and i tell u obasanjo is not an exception.
it is possible that this country is under the leadership of a potential madman in the name of obasanjo.

illiterates abound your ethnic group no be small. grin
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Katsumoto: 9:38am On May 08, 2010
cap28:

the Greeks have every right to protest because their govt did not consult them before approaching a corrupt group of predatory wall street bankers.

goldman sachs are responsible for bankrupting Greece - they colluded with the Greek govt by helping them hide their debt, this was done in order to enable Greece comply with strict EU regulations that it imposes on member states concerning debt reduction, in exchange for helping the greek govt falsify their accounts Goldman Sachs were paid astronomical fees, however the repercussions of this deal have resulted in the downward spiral of the greek economy because goldman sachs were using their insider information to make speculative bets on Greece being unable to keep paying its debts, in the event that Greece defaulted as is happening now - goldman sachs would stand to make a shedload of money - its a bit complicated but goldman sachs took bets on the greek economy  by way of what are known as CDS's (credit default swaps) - these are basically insurance policies that investors take out to insure themselves against loss should any business that they invest in goes bankrupt, should the business go bankrupt the insurance company reimburses the investor, bascially this is what goldman sachs have done to greece, they started out by helping them hide their debt for a huge fee of over $300 million they then took bets using their insider information predicting the collapse of the greek economy and they will make even more money from that.

why should the greek people have to pay for this treachery, this is nothing to do with them, all the govt officials involved in this scam together with the goldman sachs vultures should be arrested and clamped in jail, the people should continue to challenge their govt for doing this to them.

At the end of the day, the Greeks are responsible for the mess they find themselves in. Speculators make money by betting on events that they think will come to pass. You can not blame speculators for cooked books. Without the EU/IMF package and its concomitant conditions, can you suggest a way out for Greece since you reject the loan/conditions.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cap28: 11:46am On May 08, 2010
Katsumoto:

At the end of the day, the Greeks are responsible for the mess they find themselves in. Speculators make money by betting on events that they think will come to pass. You can not blame speculators for cooked books. Without the EU/IMF package and its concomitant conditions, can you suggest a way out for Greece since you reject the loan/conditions.

like a typical brainwashed nigerian who is not used to critical analysis your level of understanding a situation is limited to regurgigating in a parrot like fashioin what you have read from the pages of govt censored newspapers with no appreciation of the background issues - why do you think i provided you with the background to this situation? it was in order for you to  put the situation into its correct context in order to know where the problem came from and who is to blame, but without skipping a beat you go back to blaming the Greeks for a situation that they had no control over. 

When IBB colluded with tthe IMF and adopted SAP which imposed even more draconian economic policies on the nigerian populace,  were nigerians to blame for that state of affairs? if you are saying the Greeks are to blame then that means the nigerian people are also to blame for our eeconomy being in the deplorable state that its in following decades of corruption,mismanagment by the nigerian oligarchs and collusion with the international banking cartels.   

I have tried to explain to  you that from the start Greece was set up to fail, the wall street investment bankers KNEW Greece were going to default on their loans, they encouraged Greece to HIDE the debt by repackaging their existing debt and selling it on the international money market, and then like a bunch of depraved jackals these same bankers used their inside information to take bets from speculators on the imminent collapse of the entire greek economy.

In the event that Greece cant pay its debt - which we now know it cant - the IMF steps in and takes over but guess what Goldman Sachs laughs all the way to the bank by way of millions of dollars raked in from CDS's (credit default swaps) for ACCURATELY predicting the collapse of an entire nation's economy.

The idea that speculators are well within their rights to take bets on the economy of a soveriegn state and predict its eventual collapse is the height of moral bankruptcy.  What baffles me is that you are from a country that the IMF and world bank has crippled and continue to cripple and yet you advocate that this same institution step in to hijack the Greek economy just as they have hijacked the economies of your own country causing the vast majority of your people to live in grim poverty.

have  you ever seen any country which has been the recipient of IMF loans ever prosper ? the only winners in those situations are the corrupt leaders of the recipient countries who get a percentage of the loan and the foreign banks themselves, are you aware that the interest rates and conditionalities attached to those loans guarantee the citizens of the recipient country a life of unending misery and poverty. 

here are some of the conditionalities attached to these type of loans:

public sector cuts- education, health care, social services, cuts in employment, devaluation of the local currency and many others - do these sound familiar to you? they should because these are all the conditions that the IMF asked nigeria to comply with in order to qualify for the "bail out" loan they offerred IBB in 1985

Didnt your country Nigeria under the leadership of that animal Obasanjo hand over $12 billion just a few years ago  to this same bank in order to settle a questionable debt which they claimed we owed.

The Greeks are doing what the nigerians should have done 25 years ago they are resisting the hijacking of their economy by an international banking cartel aka the IMF and world bank, they are resisting the extinguishment of their status as a soveriegn state, they are resisting the third worldisation of their standard of living.

i mentioned earlier that goldman sachs received over $300 million in fees for helping the greeks govt falsify its debts, and even encouraged them to borrow more money knowing full well that come repayment time when those loan agreements matured the greek govt would still end up defaulting, the first thing that shoudl happen is that those bankers should be charged with criminal fraud and high treason for deliberately precipitating the collapse of a soveriegn state's economy, then Greece's debt should be cancelled, the greek people should stop at nothing to prevent the hijacking of their soveriegnty, even if it means bringing the entire country to a standstill they should do that, to give in to these criminals will mean that no soverign state is safe, as a matter of fact portugal, spain, ireland and italy are said to be next in  this economic takeover of sovereign states by investment bank vultures, the above mentioned economies all have budget deficits which are around that 12% of GDP mark.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Katsumoto: 11:56am On May 08, 2010
cap28:

like a typical brainwashed nigerian who is not used to critical analysis your level of understanding a situation is limited to regurgigating in a parrot like fashioin what you have read from the pages of govt censored newspapers with no appreciation of the background issues - why do you think i provided you with the background to this situation? it was in order for you to  put the situation into its correct context in order to know where the problem came from and who is to blame, but without skipping a beat you go back to blaming the Greeks for a situation that they had no control over. 

When IBB colluded with tthe IMF and adopted SAP which imposed even more draconian economic policies on the nigerian populace,  were nigerians to blame for that state of affairs? if you are saying the Greeks are to blame then that means the nigerian people are also to blame for our eeconomy being in the deplorable state that its in following decades of corruption,mismanagment by the nigerian oligarchs and collusion with the international banking cartels.   

I have tried to explain to  you that from the start Greece was set up to fail, the wall street investment bankers KNEW Greece were going to default on their loans, they encouraged Greece to HIDE the debt by repackaging their existing debt and selling it on the international money market, and then like a bunch of depraved jackals these same bankers used their inside information to take bets from speculators on the imminent collapse of the entire greek economy.

In the event that Greece cant pay its debt - which we now know it cant - the IMF steps in and takes over but guess what Goldman Sachs laughs all the way to the bank by way of millions of dollars raked in from CDS's (credit default swaps) for ACCURATELY predicting the collapse of an entire nation's economy.

The idea that speculators are well within their rights to take bets on the economy of a soveriegn state and predict its eventual collapse is the height of moral bankruptcy.  What baffles me is that you are from a country that the IMF and world bank has crippled and continue to cripple and yet you advocate that this same institution step in to hijack the Greek economy just as they have hijacked the economies of your own country causing the vast majority of your people to live in grim poverty.

have  you ever seen any country which has been the recipient of IMF loans ever prosper ? the only winners in those situations are the corrupt leaders of the recipient countries who get a percentage of the loan and the foreign banks themselves, are you aware that the interest rates and conditionalities attached to those loans guarantee the citizens of the recipient country a life of unending misery and poverty. 

here are some of the conditionalities attached to these type of loans:

public sector cuts- education, health care, social services, cuts in employment, devaluation of the local currency and many others - do these sound familiar to you? they should because these are all the conditions that the IMF asked nigeria to comply with in order to qualify for the "bail out" loan they offerred IBB in 1985

Didnt your country Nigeria under the leadership of that animal Obasanjo hand over $12 billion just a few years ago  to this same bank in order to settle a questionable debt which they claimed we owed.

The Greeks are doing what the nigerians should have done 25 years ago they are resisting the hijacking of their economy by an international banking cartel aka the IMF and world bank, they are resisting the extinguishment of their status as a soveriegn state, they are resisting the third worldisation of their standard of living.

i mentioned earlier that goldman sachs received over $300 million in fees for helping the greeks govt falsify its debts, and even encouraged them to borrow more money knowing full well that come repayment time when those loan agreements matured the greek govt would still end up defaulting, the first thing that shoudl happen is that those bankers should be charged with criminal fraud and high treason for deliberately precipitating the collapse of a soveriegn state's economy, then Greece's debt should be cancelled, the greek people should stop at nothing to prevent the hijacking of their soveriegnty, even if it means bringing the entire country to a standstill they should do that, to give in to these criminals will mean that no soverign state is safe, as a matter of fact portugal, spain, ireland and italy are said to be next in  this economic takeover of sovereign states by investment bank vultures, the above mentioned economies all have budget deficits which are around that 12% of GDP mark.

Firstly cut out the insults; there is no need for that.
Secondly, there are two arguments here, moral and economic arguments. You are using a moral argument to supplement an economic argument. That the IMF is an immoral or capitalist institution is not the basis of my argument. My argument is that Greece needs assistance and unfortunately that assistance requires conditions. You want to put the mess a soverign country is in on a corporate body? Please stop that left wing crap. Why are Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia not running to the IMF? The answer is good governance. You try to support your argument by using Nigeria has an example!!!! I rest my case.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cap28: 12:25pm On May 08, 2010
Katsumoto:

Firstly cut out the insults; there is no need for that.
Secondly, there are two arguments here, moral and economic arguments. You are using a moral argument to supplement an economic argument. That the IMF is an immoral or capitalist institution is not the basis of my argument. My argument is that Greece needs assistance and unfortunately that assistance requires conditions. You want to put the mess a soverign country is in on a corporate body? Please stop that left wing crap. Why are Poland, Sweden, Denmark, Australia not running to the IMF? The answer is good governance. You try to support your argument by using Nigeria has an example!!!! I rest my case.

katsumoto apologies for the insults its just that i get wound up when people make excuses for a system which for all intents and purposes has nothing positive to  offer humanity. 

Katsumoto how can you make a distinction between what you see on the one hand aS a moral argument and an economic one - the two issues are not mutually exclusive and should not be treated separately, failure to address this problem now will spell doom for any soveriegn state with a weak economy and rising debt, now no sovereign state will be safe from this marauding group of investment bankers that will now be capable of instigating an economic takeover of any soveriegn state. 

The fact that some countries are currently not under attack from the wall street investment banking fraudsters - (because make no mistake about this - this is an attack) does not necessarily mean that they will remain safe.  I fail to see what economic argument you can make in favour of what goldman sachs did to the Greek economy, perhaps you could expand on that.

can you tell me what useful purpose financial instruments such as credit default swaps serve to the economy of any nation and its people?  who benefits from them?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Katsumoto: 12:42pm On May 08, 2010
cap28:

katsumoto apologies for the insults its just that i get wound up when people make excuses for a system which for all intents and purposes has nothing positive to  offer humanity. 

Katsumoto how can you make a distinction between what you see on the one hand aS a moral argument and an economic one - the two issues are not mutually exclusive and should not be treated separately, failure to address this problem now will spell doom for any soveriegn state with a weak economy and rising debt, now no sovereign state will be safe from this marauding group of investment bankers that will now be capable of instigating an economic takeover of any soveriegn state. 

The fact that some countries are currently not under attack from the wall street investment banking fraudsters - (because make no mistake about this - this is an attack) does not necessarily mean that they will remain safe.  I fail to see what economic argument you can make in favour of what goldman sachs did to the Greek economy, perhaps you could expand on that.

can you tell me what useful purpose financial instruments such as credit default swaps serve to the economy of any nation and its people?  who benefits from them?

I was never against the argument you were making. I made the same argument on another thread about Nigeria borrowing from the IMF. I made exactly the same points as you have articulated. The point that I want you to see is that countries that continue mis-manage funds and embezzle will continue to put their citizens through suffering. Unfortunately, most of these countries are African and Asian. We can continue to blame the Westerners for strategically undermining our survival but they do not do it alone; government is responsible for acting in the best interests of its people and it is often said that a peiople deserve the government that they have. Try comparing Greece, Italy, etc with Germany, Sweden in terms of corruption, spending, savings etc and you get the picture.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cap28: 1:13pm On May 08, 2010
Katsumoto:

I was never against the argument you were making. I made the same argument on another thread about Nigeria borrowing from the IMF. I made exactly the same points as you have articulated. The point that I want you to see is that countries that continue mis-manage funds and embezzle will continue to put their citizens through suffering. Unfortunately, most of these countries are African and Asian. We can continue to blame the Westerners for strategically undermining our survival but they do not do it alone; government is responsible for acting in the best interests of its people and it is often said that a peiople deserve the government that they have. Try comparing Greece, Italy, etc with Germany, Sweden in terms of corruption, spending, savings etc and you get the picture.

Katsumoto the thing you have failed to acknowledge is the overall picture here, the Greek scenario is actually part of a bigger game plan on the part of international finanacial organisations to covertly take over sovereign states, this is no longer about certain countries mismanaging the funds of their respective economie - this is now about a pre determined plan by predatory financial institutions to takeover sovereign nations.

you say that this cannot be done where the soveriegn state operates good governance - well i beg to differ, good governance is subjective, african leaders such as Dr Kwame Nkrumah tried to operate what they considered as good governance by trying to introduce economic poliicies which would enable african countries to become industrialised and self sufficient what happened to him and his policies, he of course was removed from power by the americans and a group of corrupt generals were helped into power by the west - the truth of the matter is the west have a designated role that they have created for africa - supplier of cheap raw materials and cheap labour, any attempt to deviate from this designated role is met by extreme opposition from the west, usually in the form of western backed and financed coup detats, economic isolation and in some cases millitary attack - you have failed to understand that nigeria is not a soveriegn state, nigeria does not make its own economic policies, washington and london creates nigerian economic policies and the nigerian oligarchs implement these policies in accordance with instructions handed down from washington - this is known as the washington consensus made up of economic policies devised by the world bank and the IMF designed to CRIPPLE AFRICA not help it  grow, until you understand that concept you will continue to keep living under the illusion that the problem with africa is solely centred around bad leadership, its deeper than just bad leadership its about a CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY on the part of the west to SUBJUGATE and DESTROY an entire continent.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by stag: 4:36pm On May 08, 2010
@ bidemi12. ur boss has only said but a bit of their miopic thoughts. let yorubas and igbos keep fighting while the northerners idle around waiting to finish off the winner from the battle and divide the spoil amongst themselves.
this pro-ibb statement of his should serve as eye opener for some and for the rest
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cap28: 5:43pm On May 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

Thank you my brother! Imagine how strategically important to Igbo Asaba will become after the international airport is completed. I didn't want to list other things IBB gave us because some folks will start developing a heart attack here. The truth is that we (Ndigbo) actually gained far more from IBB's rule than from the Ota gorilla's 8 year reign of terror.
What I would never forget is the title given to IBB by Ndigbo - "Ogugua ndigbo" (the consoler or comforter of Igbos). IBB actually tried to normalize our position in Nigeria, while Obasanjo tried to scheme us out completely. And guess what, the Ota farmer is still in charge (at least till next year). Under Obasanjo, Ndigbo became a minority group in Nigeria.
The good thing about our situation is that we are NOT powerless about it at all . We CAN do something about it. But, it starts with us first understanding the game. Folks are here trying to keep us from understanding the game.
We don't have to fall for their tricks. On IBB I stand. cool

inferiority complex and low self esteem is what will kill igbo people like you, so because of an airport you are getting palpitations - did IBB promise that he will award the construction contract to you or your brothers, you are really pathetic, how does the construction of an international airport in asaba impact the average igbo person's life, are igbos going to be given jobs for life following its construction?  this is why i say we are doomed as a people.

As long as you continue to miss the reall issues and keep bickering over tribalism you will continue to be taken advantage of by these old generals, so you think IBB is any better than OBJ - how did you work that out, are they not serving the same master, I would advise you to go and read poltical analyst Chinweizu Ibekwe's analysis of nigerian politics where he very aptly describes people like you who find it almost impossible to get it through their skulls that their country is being run by a group of oligarchs on behalf of the west, why is that so difficult for you to understand, why cant you see that IBB does not need the igbos and therefore is not under any obligation to do anything for any igbo person. His allegiance is to his paymasters the IMF, World Bank, Shell the British govt and the US govt, these are the people who make up your economic policy, these are the people who dictate how much they will buy your crude oil, these are the people who determine whether they are going to continue to protect you from being toppled in a military coup d'etat by rival factions within this corrupt system.  You are unhinged if you think igbos have any clout within this system.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by LawChick: 8:50pm On May 08, 2010
I hope he knows what he is doing if this is not old age.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Onlytruth(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2010
cap28:

inferiority complex and low self esteem is what will kill igbo people like you, so because of an airport you are getting palpitations - did IBB promise that he will award the construction contract to you or your brothers, you are really pathetic, how does the construction of an international airport in asaba impact the average igbo person's life, are igbos going to be given jobs for life following its construction?  this is why i say we are doomed as a people.

As long as you continue to miss the reall issues and keep bickering over tribalism you will continue to be taken advantage of by these old generals, so you think IBB is any better than OBJ - how did you work that out, are they not serving the same master, I would advise you to go and read poltical analyst Chinweizu Ibekwe's analysis of nigerian politics where he very aptly describes people like you who find it almost impossible to get it through their skulls that their country is being run by a group of oligarchs on behalf of the west, why is that so difficult for you to understand, why cant you see that IBB does not need the igbos and therefore is not under any obligation to do anything for any igbo person. His allegiance is to his paymasters the IMF, World Bank, Shell the British govt and the US govt, these are the people who make up your economic policy, these are the people who dictate how much they will buy your crude oil, these are the people who determine whether they are going to continue to protect you from being toppled in a military coup d'etat by rival factions within this corrupt system.  You are unhinged if you think igbos have any clout within this system.

Inferiority complex is the last thing any sane person would associate the Igbo of. In fact it is a compliment to us , because it means Nigerians are changing their attitude towards us. Hitherto, it was that Igbos always feel superior to others, hence the jealousy and conspiracy against us.
I wish we had that "inferiority complex" in the 60s, we wouldn't have been singled out for the mistakes of trying to be patriotic and pan Africanist. It cost us DEARLY; others simply played on our naivete to make hay and corner the collective patrimony for the following 40 years.

Have you ever asked yourself how the Igbo became second class citizens in Nigeria for 40 years (since after the war) even after they led the quest for independence in the 50s?
Have you ever wondered why Ndigbo only get to peep from the outside, while the national cake is being played like ping pong between Hausa and Yoruba?
Have you ever wondered why the most enterprising and gregarious group of Africans (the Igbo) are scattered all over the world hustling, instead of being home in their own country?
Have you ever been to the south east and seen the federal roads?

Answer these questions first before accusing me of anything.

Yes an international airport (stuff that other Nigerians have taken for granted for many years) is big deal to us. sad angry I don't blame you. You are used to normalcy; we are not; and both of us are Nigerians. undecided sad You sounded glib by questioning the impact of an international airport on the life of an average Igbo. Let me give you one example:
Whenever I come into Nigeria from my adopted country, I am forced to land in Lagos (though I dread that!), then I'm forced to either take another plane from Lagos to Enugu or Owerri. I don't fly locally in Nigeria because of poor safety records of local airlines. So I'm forced to drive for 7 hours to the east. On the road, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN -armed robbery attacks, accidents, etc. Imagine if I can land in Asaba, it'll take me 16 minutes to be in my town. So, my friend, it is a BIG DEAL to us. I know you've never known such hardship. Welcome to my own Nigeria. And it happened because my brother Nzeogwu had a dream.

Believe me, I am not interested in any other conspiracy theory except the ones perpetrated on me by my fellow countrymen. No foreigner told Obasanjo to promise me an international airport in Enugu and a second bridge across the Niger only to renege and scheme me into minority status in Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cap28: 10:00pm On May 08, 2010
Onlytruth:

Inferiority complex is the last thing any sane person should associate the Igbo with. In fact it is a compliment to us , because it means Nigerians are changing their attitude towards us. Hitherto, it was that Igbos always feel superior to others, hence the jealousy and conspiracy against us.
I wish we had that "inferiority complex" in the 60s, we wouldn't have been singled out for the mistakes of trying to be patriotic and pan Africanist. It cost us DEARLY; others simply played on our naivete to make hay and corner the collective patrimony for the following 40 years.

Have you ever asked yourself how the Igbo became second class citizens in Nigeria for 40 years (since after the war) even after they led the quest for independence in the 50s?
Have you ever wondered why Ndigbo only get to peep from the outside, while the national cake is being played like ping pong between Hausa and Yoruba?
Have you ever wondered why the most enterprising and gregarious group of Africans (the Igbo) are scattered all over the world hustling, instead of being home in their own country?
Have you ever been to the south east and seen the federal roads?

Answer these questions first before accusing me of anything.

Yes an international airport (stuff that other Nigerians have taken for granted for many years) is big deal to us. sad angry I don't blame you. You are used to normalcy; we are not; and both of us are Nigerians. undecided sad You sounded glib by questioning the impact of an international airport on the life of an average Igbo. Let me give you one example:
Whenever I come into Nigeria from my adopted country, I am forced to land in Lagos (though I dread that!), then I'm forced to either take another plane from Lagos to Enugu or Owerri. I don't fly locally in Nigeria because of poor safety records of local airlines. So I'm forced to drive for 7 hours to the east. On the road, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN -armed robbers, accidents, etc. Imagine if I can land in Asaba, it'll take me 16 minutes to be in my town. So, my friend, it is a BIG DEAL to us. I know you've never known such hardship. Welcome to my own Nigeria. And it happened because my brother Nzeogwu had a dream.

Believe me, I am not interested in any other conspiracy theory except the ones perpetrated on me by my fellow countrymen. No foreigner told Obasanjo to promise me an international airport in Enugu and a second bridge across the Niger only to renege and scheme me into minority status in Nigeria.

onlytruth the first thing you have to do is stop this  obsession with those old generals - they have nothing to offer you  or any other igbo person, IBB is a traitor he will betray you at the drop of a hat, Ojukwu has already demonstrated how loyal he is when the going gets tough, these old brigade have had their chance and they blew it, its now time to focus on a new era without clinging on to the coat tails of people who will only lead you into a pit.

Forget about what IBB has "promised" ndigbo - its not going to  happen and if it does it will only be used by him as a way to manipulate the igbos for his own personal gain.

One thing i will say is that the  igbos are an intelligent race of people who had it not been for selfish leaders in  the form of Ojuwkwu could have formed a great nation, capable of operating as a first world nation, this is why the british insisted that they were not to be given power. 

of course i know why the igbos became second class citizens in nigeria, they were singled out as trouble makers by the british and were not to be trusted with power - its that simple - the timid and controllable hausas were seen as a "safe pair of hands" by their slave masters.

i think you are still making a very big mistake in looking at things from a tribalistic mindset, you will not acheive anything if you limit yourself in this way, nigerians must understand that if they want to form a viable nation that can compete with western nations they are going to have to ignore ethnic differences and concentrate on fighting as one people.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by ODIBABA1: 10:23pm On May 08, 2010
@caps28 Na lie! There is nothing like nation about Nigeria, stop fooling yourself and fight for your ethnic nation. Vanity on vanity is vanity, Nigeria is vain and useless. The earlier you start fighting for your freedom the better; anybody with hope in Nigeria is hopeless, mark my words in fifty years to come.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Onlytruth(m): 10:25pm On May 08, 2010
cap28:

onlytruth the first thing you have to do is stop this  obsession with those old generals - they have nothing to offer you  or any other igbo person, IBB is a traitor he will betray you at the drop of a hat, Ojukwu has already demonstrated how loyal he is when the going gets tough, these old brigade have had their chance and they blew it, its now time to focus on a new era without clinging on to the coat tails of people who will only lead you into a pit.

Forget about what IBB has "promised" ndigbo - its not going to  happen and if it does it will only be used by him as a way to manipulate the igbos for his own personal gain.

One thing i will say is that the  igbos are an intelligent race of people who had it not been for selfish leaders in  the form of Ojuwkwu could have formed a great nation, capable of operating as a first world nation, this is why the british insisted that they were not to be given power. 

of course i know why the igbos became second class citizens in nigeria, they were singled out as trouble makers by the british and were not to be trusted with power - its that simple - the timid and controllable hausas were seen as a "safe pair of hands" by their slave masters.

i think you are still making a very big mistake in looking at things from a tribalistic mindset, you will not acheive anything if you limit yourself in this way, nigerians must understand that if they want to form a viable nation that can compete with western nations they are going to have to ignore ethnic differences and concentrate on fighting as one people. 

Mba mba mba! undecided

You are spinning a lie with the bolded part. You are still trying to rope in foreign conspiracy here and I wouldn't buy that. undecided
The events that led to Igbo emasculation in Nigeria was actually led by Obafemi Awolowo with first his alignment with the north in the civil war, his 20 pounds policy and indigenization schemes in 1970s. Again, the Hausa/Fulani could not have fought successfully against the East alone if Yorubas stayed out of it. Moreso, the post civil war Nigeria was designed by the Hausa/Fulani and the Yoruba.

You know, you really give too much credit to these foreign interests. Let me tell you, for many months into the civil war, the British stayed neutral. Why do you think that happened? It was because they were hedging their bets. undecided They wanted to make sure they would not back the losing side. Do you think they would have continued to support the north if the entire southern Nigeria was together, or if Biafra was winning? Of course not. They would have adjusted their interests accordingly. So, I would never buy this theory of foreign Godlike role in Nigeria.
Nigerians have been dealing treacherously with fellow Nigerians since 1966.

Ojukwu is a rare leader with great foresight, and thank you for acknowledging that Igbos are not a stoopid bunch. I would add that Igbos are NOT led by the nose. They are free minded. So, when they choose a leader, chances are that they chose the best among the bunch. So respect that. cool
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by ODIBABA1: 10:34pm On May 08, 2010
With who are the Igbo going to fight for a viable nation in Nigeria? With Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba, go sidon my friend you be thief.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Onlytruth(m): 1:45am On May 09, 2010
As long as the ape of Ota continues to hold sway in PDP, Ndigbo should feel free to support ANYONE who is capable of delivering on any promise made to us. If that happens to be IBB, so be it. There is no need supporting someone who lacks the capability to become president, or someone who is not capable of abiding by a simple agreement.
Nigeria has not been fair to us, so we should not be the conscience of Nigeria. Simple. cool
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 10:07pm On May 12, 2010
^^^ You still fail to get it that: IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS IN NIGERIA, THE IBOS DO NOT COUNT!!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by yarodin: 10:15pm On May 12, 2010
bk/babe97:

^^^ You still fail to get it that: IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS IN NIGERIA, THE IBOS DO NOT COUNT!!!

LOL even if all the Yorubas count, I don't think you or any of your family peeps will count even as houseboys/girls so move on and get a life.   And by the way, apart from getting small power and stealing some billions, what is so special about that "SHIT HOLE"?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 10:25pm On May 12, 2010
bk/babe97:

So you Latino Bastar-d is still alive . . . . . I even thought that you have been deported back to Juarez by Sheriff Joe Arpaio .
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 10:50pm On May 12, 2010
^^^Lol. Now I hip u to Sheriff Arpaio, we aint gone hear no more music. Just like when I hipped you to the word "redundant" that was what we heard for a month straight. Thank goodness "Sheriff Arpaio" cannot be used in a sentence like "redundant" can. . . . . grin
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2010
bk/babe97:

^^^Lol. Now I hip u to Sheriff Arpaio, we aint gone hear no more music. Just like when I hipped you to the word "redundant" that was what we heard for a month straight. Thank goodness "Sheriff Arpaio" cannot be used in a sentence like "redundant" can. . . . . grin

You are now ranting because you just escaped from Arizona so as to avoid being a victim of their new immigration law. . . Thank your stars
Extend my greetings to that Yoruba bootymate(step-father) of your mama.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by eros(m): 6:57pm On May 15, 2010
A thief will always support a fellow thief in their evil ways, but sorry to disappoint you two, Nigeria is bigger than two common criminals. Come 2011 heads will roll and you best believe your heads will be counted among those that will be chopped off. angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. / Anger At Judiciary Worries Me – CJN Mahmud / Picture Of Mimiko And Akerodeolu......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.