Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,319 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (13721 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Fg Releases N15bn To Police For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Katsumoto: 6:55pm On May 04, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OnlyTruth is difficult to understand.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 6:56pm On May 04, 2010
Even Onlytruth does not understand Onlytruth, and thats the truth!!!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 6:59pm On May 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

I have also noticed how POWERFUL a group can be if they are not really seeking to rule Nigeria. I think that Igbos should abandon Nigerian leadership quest to free them up for the real game in Nigeria. We can then decide who gets there and who doesn't. One day, Nigeria will come begging us to produce the president. That day has not come yet, but we can make hay deciding who rules and who doesn't. Ojukwu doesn't owe Nigeria anything. He did his best in his day.

You REALLY, HONESTLY, think the Ibos have a say in who becomes "anything in Nigeria? The same Ibos that have the same rights as the Cows and goats of the country (in the unwritten constitution). And not even the live Cows and goats at that; the dead ones.lol. Ibos as kingmakers indeed. yALL some delusional, drunken monkeys!!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Princemuba(m): 7:04pm On May 04, 2010
Cap, I really love your analysis and i gained lot from it, I am just 20 and i knew nothing about the Biafra war although I have learn't and read about it severally although I knew a lot about the June 12, 1993 election won by MKO Abiola in which the fool (IBB) canceled and also killed an innocent man, with this, with all the blood of the innocent people shed by IBB, he will never regain the power in Nigeria, he should go and impose himself as the president of his family not Nigeria, Great Nation, Bad leaders and bad and fool supporters of bad people,
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 7:07pm On May 04, 2010
Onlytruth:

It is impossible for ordinary folks to understand Ojukwu on this issue. I'll try one more time.

Those who own Nigeria still alive:

(1) Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida
(2) Olusegun Obasanjo
(3) Theophilus Danjuma

Those who own Nigeria who have died now:

(1) Shehu Musa Yar adua
(2) Sani Abacha
(3) Murtala Muhammed

I googled the third man u mentioned, the Muhammed dude, and I asked 2 people that "know" about the history/politics of Nigeria and guess what one of them said of your analysis: YOU ARE A BLUDERING FOOOOOLLLL!!!!. Muhammed never had any importance in Nigeria past the fact that he was head of a military government for less than a year before being brutally murdered in a foiled coup. How the hell does that translate into "owning" Nigeria?!!?! Dude, its even a waste of time responding to your crassness!!!

sjeezy8:

^^^^ you make absolutely no sense . .  you called them all frauds but you and ojukwu are backing IBB.

I was about to say the same damn thing.lol
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 7:11pm On May 04, 2010
Princemuba:

Cap, I really love your analysis and i gained lot from it,

Sssshhhhhh!!! Dont say that out too loud!!! Some talking animals people (aka MENTAL gong) claim Cap's written english is so terrible its not understandable!!! Lol. We cant let them think we're just as "uneducated" as Cap now, can we??!?!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 7:19pm On May 04, 2010
bk/babe97:

Let me respond to your MENTAL aszz b4 I go about normal bizness. So, the writing you responded to was not concise enough? What was not precise about it? Was it the articulation? Was it the proper use of grammar? The correct spellings (something u never seem to get right)? Was it the correct use of apostrophes, commas, full-stops and/or question marks? Pray tell, what else needs to be "translated" before you understand what was written? Oh, u probably meant to request that he translate the above into "Ibo gibberish", u freaking, deceitful monkey.lol. Translate into english indeed. This coming from someone that thinks scouring the dictionary and ending up using searched words wrongly amounts to a show of intellect. lol. U will never cease to amaze, you Ibo men!!! grin

hahahaha . . .You Latino bastar-d will never cease to amaze me with your psychotic rantings.
I have told you several times to start looking for your biological father because the continued presence of that Yoruba booty mate of your whorish mama is not helping your mental illness at all.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cap28: 7:21pm On May 04, 2010
bk/babe97:

Let me respond to your MENTAL aszz b4 I go about normal bizness. So, the writing you responded to was not concise enough? What was not precise about it? Was it the articulation? Was it the proper use of grammar? The correct spellings (something u never seem to get right)? Was it the correct use of apostrophes, commas, full-stops and/or question marks? Pray tell, what else needs to be "translated" before you understand what was written? Oh, u probably meant to request that he translate the above into "Ibo gibberish", u freaking, deceitful monkey.lol. Translate into english indeed. This coming from someone that thinks scouring the dictionary and ending up using searched words wrongly amounts to a show of intellect. lol. U will never cease to amaze, you Ibo men!!! grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin - thanks bk/babe97 - the metal gongs and ezeuches' of today beleive it or not are the future idi amins' and pol pots of tomorrow, brain dead brutes who are incapable of constructive or logical reasoning, they see life through a distorted tribalistic lens which severely limits them, i blame the deplorable state of the nigerian educational system for churning out people with this sort of mindset.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Princemuba(m): 7:29pm On May 04, 2010
Cap and bk/babe97, please just leave this lunatic alone, we are interested in promoting this country and the people in it but people like truth (that will never speak one) and gong who are selfish and interested in splitting the country to form a fucking Biafra and are backing Ojukwu, They think IBB will be a stepping case for them but I am sure you'll regret it, Selfish people are not wanted in Nigeria, go and form your foolish Biafra and leave us alone, lmao
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by cap28: 7:36pm On May 04, 2010
Princemuba:

Cap, I really love your analysis and i gained lot from it, I am just 20 and i knew nothing about the Biafra war although I have learn't and read about it severally although I knew a lot about the June 12, 1993 election won by MKO Abiola in which the fool (IBB) canceled and also killed an innocent man, with this, with all the blood of the innocent people shed by IBB, he will never regain the power in Nigeria, he should go and impose himself as the president of his family not Nigeria, Great Nation, Bad leaders and bad and fool supporters of bad people,

thanks prince, if you are interested in knowing the truth, research widely and do not confine yourself to nigerian politics or history but research world history and politics and this will give you a broader understanding of the genesis of the situation in nigeria and even offer ideas on how these problems can be resolved, these old bastards - IBB, OBJ, danjuma are trying to prevent your generation from realising your birthright and they think they can get away with it because the average nigerian is too frightened to stand up and fight, these people are a curse and a cancer in the nigerian system and until they are wiped away for good they will continue to hijack the furture of the country for their own selfish gain, if you look at countries like Venezuela a similar situation obtained with rich oligarchs running the country on behalf of foreigners, but unlike nigeria the venezuelans united against their common enemy - the ruling classes and overthrew them - they were fortunate enough to have a charsimatic leader like Chavez to lead the movement though and this is what we need in nigeria.  Nigeria can never rise as a viable nation until the cancerous hausa fulani along with their psychophantic southern acolytes are eradicated, nigeria's destiny lies in the hands of a grassroots movement not in the hands of these brigands.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 7:44pm On May 04, 2010
cap28:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin - thanks bk/babe97 - the metal gongs and ezeuches' of today beleive it or not are the future idi amins' and pol pots of tomorrow, brain dead brutes who are incapable of constructive or logical reasoning, they see life through a distorted tribalistic lens which severely limits them, i blame the deplorable state of the nigerian educational system for churning out people with this sort of mindset.

When goal oriented and intelligent people condemn Nigerian educational system, iti-bolibos like you shouldn't do so.
It is even more disturbing that you can't spell some of the simplest words,yet you are indirectly claiming to be a product of a superior educational system. . .  It is a pity!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 7:51pm On May 04, 2010
metal-gong:

When goal oriented and intelligent people condemn Nigerian educational system, iti-bolibos like you shouldn't do so.
It is even more disturbing that you can't spell some of the simplest words,yet you are indirectly claiming to be a product of a superior educational system. . .  It is a pity!!

Dude, its clear that lately u've been taking extra-time to  type and put up your arguments. You probably have someone helping you proof-read your final edit. lol. YOU, OF ALL THE iBO MEN IN THE WORLD, got the nerve to challenge someone on their educational background??! lol. Puhleeaaze. Do u want me to re-introduce you to some of your earlier writings? I thinks not!!!lol

cap28:

metal-gong link=topic=440516.msg5998987#msg5998987 date=1272998658:

It is even more disturbing that you can't spell some of the simplest words,yet you are indirectly claiming to be a product of a superior educational system. . .  It is a pity!!

P.S: Dude u really are a monkey!!! could u PLEASEEEEE show what is wrong with the above statement Cap28 made!!! WOW!! SEE HOW U KEEP MAKING A FOOL OF URSELF!?!?!LOL
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by eleven59: 8:01pm On May 04, 2010
please for God sake it shouldn't be a tribe thing and we should stop being triberlistic here we are talking about Nigeria and our fathers land,i want you guys to remember that we have no other place we can call our own so lets come together as one great people and constructively contribute to the success and moving our DEAR nation forward
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 8:12pm On May 04, 2010
bk/babe97:

Dude, its clear that lately u've been taking extra-time to  type and put up your arguments. You probably have someone helping you proof-read your final edit. lol. YOU, OF ALL THE iBO MEN IN THE WORLD, got the nerve to challenge someone on their educational background??! lol. Puhleeaaze. Do u want me to re-introduce you to some of your earlier writings? I thinks not!!!lol

hahahaha . . .You Latino bastar-d will never cease to amaze me with your psychotic rantings.
I have told you several times to start looking for your biological father because the continued presence of that Yoruba booty mate of your whorish mama is not helping your mental illness at all.

I wont respond to your imbecill-c posts again . . . . . Ogbanje ka ibu . . . .  sad
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 8:19pm On May 04, 2010
Quote from

http://www.odili.net/news/source/2010/may/3/505.html

Former Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeku Odumegwu-Ojukwu has pledged support of Igbo people for the presidential aspiration of former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and gave him the name Okechukwu.
He used the occasion to rechristen Babangida as Okechukwu. “He is now Ibrahim Badamasi Okechukwu Babangida. That is his new name. I wish him success".

Chai!!! He get as e b.
An adage says " lies can go undetected for many years, but truth will seek it out one day"

Earlier, the leader of the group, Chief Tony Emeka Ani, said the group had come to solicit the support of Ojukwu for the presidential aspiration of IBB, adding that the group had just been inaugurated in the South East.

Is this not the same Chief Emeka Ani the bearded Nollywood actor, or is it another fellow?!!!
Someone pls clarify
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by chosen04(f): 8:45pm On May 04, 2010
Dominoifet:

Quote from

Former Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeku Odumegwu-Ojukwu has pledged support of Igbo people for the presidential aspiration of former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and gave him the name Okechukwu.
He used the occasion to rechristen Babangida as Okechukwu. “He is now Ibrahim Badamasi Okechukwu Babangida. That is his new name. I wish him success".

Chai!!! He get as e b.
An adage says " lies can go undetected for many years, but truth will seek it out one day"

Earlier, the leader of the group, Chief Tony Emeka Ani, said the group had come to solicit the support of Ojukwu for the presidential aspiration of IBB, adding that the group had just been inaugurated in the South East.

Is this not the same Chief Emeka Ani the bearded Nollywood actor, or is it another fellow?!!!
Someone pls clarify

Its funnnnnnnnnnny how you are taking the words of Chief Emeka Ani (the co-ordinator of Ibb campaign org. in SE) to represent what Ojukwu said. Will he ever tell you that Ojukwu refused to give his support to their Evil campaign?

Some guys are really slow in decoding events/politics
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 8:55pm On May 04, 2010
Chosen04

Its funnnnnnnnnnny how you are taking the words of Chief Emeka Ani (the co-ordinator of Ibb campaign org. in SE) to represent what Ojukwu said. Will he ever tell you that Ojukwu refused to give his support to their Evil campaign?Some guys are really slow in decoding events/politics

Hmmm so in word it is Chief Emeka Ani that rechristened IBB to Okechukwu and also was Ojukwus spokesman as he(Ojukwu) was still recovering?
I see I can understand faster now.

Back to my question. Is it the same Nollywood guy?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by SLIGHT(m): 9:03pm On May 04, 2010
This is serious! This thread don pas power! Kai from politics to insults upon insults anyway sha i jus de waka
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by hackney(m): 9:27pm On May 04, 2010
The tribes inter-fighting the most are supposed to be the most learned
in Nigeria.
Didn't know education can backfire like this.

As for the topic, i will never support the old political dogs as far as nigerian politics go.
Experience my arse.

The ones that have ruled multiple times; what do they have to show for it?
Has Jonathan ruled before yet it seems he has improved the NEPA (or what ever they are calling it now) electricity
in how many months.

Experience my nyash!!!

If IBB has perfected corruption in his head and wants to come back to try it out, he should first go and
dig up his f.u.ck.ing wife.
nonsense.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

OnlyTruth,

Your posts will continue to be contradictory and vindictive as long as you continue to analyse issues through ethnic prisms.
i still dont know what onlytruth stand to prove from all his 'mis'-information.he's a desperado
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Katsumoto: 9:56pm On May 04, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i still dont know what onlytruth stand to prove from all his 'mis'-information.he's a desperado

If you follow him closely, he believes the following
1. Ojukwu is the best human being ever
2. Yoruba people are responsible for the ills in Nigeria
3. The Igbos are the only innocent people in Nigeria
4. The Igbos will support any evil dictator as long as they are promised something
5. The Igbos will one day get back at the Yorubas
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by chosen04(f): 10:14pm On May 04, 2010
Dominoifet:

Chosen04

Its funnnnnnnnnnny how you are taking the words of Chief Emeka Ani (the co-ordinator of Ibb campaign org. in SE) to represent what Ojukwu said. Will he ever tell you that Ojukwu refused to give his support to their Evil campaign?Some guys are really slow in decoding events/politics

Hmmm so in word it is Chief Emeka Ani that rechristened IBB to Okechukwu and also was Ojukwus spokesman as he(Ojukwu) was still recovering?
I see I can understand faster now.

Back to my question. Is it the same Nollywood guy?

The funniest part of your inability to decode issues/politics is that you dont even know the CHIEF EMEKA ANI that you are quoting.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by bkbabe97: 10:15pm On May 04, 2010
Katsumoto:

4. The Igbos will support any evil dictator as long as they are promised something

^^^the above goes for MOST (not all) Ibo men. thats what they believe^^^^
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by sjeezy8: 10:21pm On May 04, 2010
lol crazy thread
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2010

Chosen04

The funniest part of your inability to decode issues/politics is that you dont even know the CHIEF EMEKA ANI that you are quoting.

So because I don't know your Chief- means I must KNOW everybody I quote. It also means I can't decode what Ojukwu said.

Sort it out with ur brothers, d article is very clear. Read it again, and this time dispassionately from the link posted earlier. Afterwards call ndi Igbo meeting and address it.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by udezue(m): 10:28pm On May 04, 2010
I will like to believe that my Odi Ora Mma of Biafra has gone a lil senile. He is an old man so no vex grin. smdh!!!!!

IBB by now should be in jail cooling his heels. Ojukwu honestly has gone mad. He needs to just leave politics alone.
Lets be honest tho, what does Ojukwu's misguided foolish support for IBB got to do with the Igbo? How does his support equate betrayal or selling us out? What crimes did IBB commit against the Igbo in particular? My issue with IBB is his illegal annulment of MKO Abiola's election. *both were actually business partners b4 do or die politics of Nigeria

On the real tho. Ojukwu did what any brave man would have done for his people. He didn't take us to war. We the Eastern people chose to declare ourselves Biafrans because of the callousness of Nigerians and their government. The Eastern Assembly gave the command and Ojukwu as a military governor accepted to lead. What did Nigerians expect him to do after the war? Stay back so they can slaughter him like they did Ironsi & Fajuyi and inflict more psychological trauma on our people and the Igbo in particular? Will he then become the heroes of Nigerians if he presented them his head to be sacrificed? Will you people still villify him if Biafra won its independence or is he to you a villain because we lost a war? If you were in his shoes what would you have done better? Before you crucify him for the war lets go after Danjuma, late Mohammed, Obasanjo, late Awolowo, Adekunle, Gowon and the countless Nigerian military officers who committed genocides on us from Kaduna to Biafra then come back and ask for Ojukwu's head. *mcheww* If the mass extermination of the Ijaw, Efik, Igbo didn't occur and Eastern region wasn't balkanized Biafra wouldn't have been born so if you want to criticize him focus on his STUPID support of IBB not his actions during the war coz honestly the war was brought upon us and he, Effiong, Opugo, Kogbara, Achuzia rose to the occation to defend our region against any further onslaught not hide their tails n btwn their legs regardless of their many blunders.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 10:37pm On May 04, 2010

^^^the above goes for MOST (not all) Ibo men. thats what they believe^^^^

sjeezy8:

lol crazy thread

Jeezy it is true, I didn't want to say it b4. I have a couple of Igbo in my hood and as friends before. I had to cut most off them off, u need to see their mindset and how they see yorubas even in yorubaland. It is not far from -I'll get back @ u someday, no matter what u do.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by chosen04(f): 10:48pm On May 04, 2010
shadrach77:

Ojukwu backs IBB for president in 2011
| Print | E-mail
Written by Jude Ossai

Among the dignitaries that visited Ojukwu were Chief Emeka Ani [south East coordinator of the campaign}, Chief Anike Agbo, Alhaji Nurudeen Gasali Babatunde, Chief Anike Nwoga, Chief Anike Nwaba .

Briefing reporters shortly after a close door meeting with Ojukwu, the National President of the Pro-IBB group, Chief Osabebay, said that Ojukwu’s comments on Babangida was encouraging, stressing that Ikemba had promised to work with the former military leader.

Just wanted to point out the differences in various ''cooked up'' reports to you. Want do u expect from this campign organisation after a closed door meeting. Off coursed to cook up.

Dominoifet:

Quote from

Chai!!! He get as e b.

Someone pls clarify

Can you see the difference. While Chief Osabebay was credited with speaking for the group by the former, the latter reported Chief Emeka Ani as the spokesperson.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Katsumoto: 10:52pm On May 04, 2010
udezue:

I will like to believe that my Odi Ora Mma of Biafra has gone a lil senile. He is an old man so no vex  grin. smdh!!!!!

IBB by now should be in jail cooling his heels. Ojukwu honestly has gone mad. He needs to just leave politics alone.
Lets be honest tho, what does Ojukwu's misguided foolish support for IBB got to do with the Igbo? How does his support equate betrayal or selling us out? What crimes did IBB commit against the Igbo in particular? My issue with IBB is his illegal annulment of MKO Abiola's election. *both were actually business partners b4 do or die politics of Nigeria  

On the real tho. Ojukwu did what any brave man would have done for his people. He didn't take us to war. We the Eastern people chose to declare ourselves Biafrans because of the callousness of Nigerians and their government. The Eastern Assembly gave the command and Ojukwu as a military governor accepted to lead. What did Nigerians expect him to do after the war? Stay back so they can slaughter him like they did Ironsi & Fajuyi and inflict more psychological trauma on our people and the Igbo in particular? Will he then become the heroes of Nigerians if he presented them his head to be sacrificed? Will you people still villify him if Biafra won its independence or is he to you a villain because we lost a war? If you were in his shoes what would you have done better? Before you crucify him for the war lets go after Danjuma, late Mohammed, Obasanjo, late Awolowo, Adekunle, Gowon and the countless Nigerian military officers who committed genocides on us from Kaduna to Biafra then come back and ask for Ojukwu's head. *mcheww* If the mass extermination of the Ijaw, Efik, Igbo didn't occur and Eastern region wasn't balkanized Biafra wouldn't have been born so if you want to criticize him focus on his silly support of IBB not his actions during the war coz honestly the war was brought upon us and he, Effiong, Opugo, Kogbara, Achuzia rose to the occation to defend our region against any further onslaught not hide their tails n btwn their legs regardless of their many blunders.

Some people may have issues with Ojukwu for the actions he took during the war. As for me personally, I have said it several times, that he acted in the most noble manner before and during the war. He rose to the defense of his people. The problem I have with Ojukwu stems primarily from the manner he abandoned his people after defeat and death stared him in the face. I also have a problem with all his actions since coming back from exile; joining up with those he fought against - NPN, Abacha, and now IBB.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Dominoifet(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2010
@Chosen04

I get what u r trying to say. But still its not enuff to say he didn't say that, while considering his past stint with NPN, Abacha.

I know and understand most Igbos adore Ojukwu and inadvertently fill their emptiness with him, but what does he(Ojukwu) fills his emptiness with? Power of course and relevance with politics, so as not to be at total loss. I'm saying this not to hurt anybody from my opinion and the way human mind works- we must fill our minds with something else we die.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by chosen04(f): 11:49pm On May 04, 2010
Dominoifet:

@Chosen04

I get what u r trying to say. But still its not enuff to say he didn't say that, while considering his past stint with NPN, Abacha.

I know and understand most Igbos adore Ojukwu and inadvertently fill their emptiness with him, but what does he(Ojukwu) fills his emptiness with? Power of course and relevance with politics, so as not to be at total loss. I'm saying this not to hurt anybody from my opinion and the way human mind works- we must fill our minds with something else we die.

Thanks for admitting geting the inconsistency in the different reports. Will you also agree with me that the reports are not enough to conclude that he said so?

Hope u still remember aunty DORA telling the nation of how president Yar'adua spoke(on phone) to uncle Joe immediately after the various FEC meeting? Right now i dont believe news reports were the character(S) involved is not the person being quoted.

Cos only recently Joe admitted that he never spoke to Yar'adua for once. Its very possible that Ojukwu did say what was accredited to him.

I personally hate heroic worshipping and that thief is my ''kinsmen'' mentality. Infact, i be the first to kick my people.

I can get what you mean by ''I know and understand most Igbos adore Ojukwu and inadvertently fill their emptiness with him?'' but if what i think you mean is right, then i think you not know Ndigbos well enough.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Onlytruth(m): 12:02am On May 05, 2010
Katsumoto:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OnlyTruth is difficult to understand.

Is Nigeria easy to understand? Be frank. Please explain Nigeria to me?

Explain how a country can be the most endowed in terms of oil and gas in Africa and yet the one without electricity.
Explain how Nigeria has the smartest people in Africa, yet is being run by the least intelligent
Explain how a country can have money in external reserves and yet borrow.
Explain how a thief who wasted 8 years of a civilian democracy, tried and failed to become life president, but is today still calling the shots.

I can reel out about 100 things about Nigeria that defy logic, but what is the point?
To logically prognosticate for Nigeria is my idea of ultimate lunacy.

It was so simple to say to a lieutenant colonel Yakubu Gowon to stay away from Nigeria's leadership position because there was a Brigadier Ogundipe and many other senior officers to take over the leadership of Nigeria in 1966. Guess what happened, the only person who stood firm to demand propriety and decorum and seniority was instead mysteriously dubbed a "hot head" and a "rebel". 3 million innocent people died as a result.

Today, the same people who took Nigeria off course still hold sway; and folks are here asking the loser in 1966 to stop them today.

I'm beginning to worry about the IQ of the average Nigerian youth.
Ojukwu is Nigeria's history personified. He is like a living encyclopedia. He knows that we still have a long way to go.
He would be a fool to repeat the "mistake" of 1966.
If IBB wants to rule, the best we can do as Igbo is to extract as much concession from him as possible. Knowing Ojukwu and his sleepless nights over Igbo problems in Nigeria, I believe that those concessions must have been extracted from IBB, hence his position on state police and quota system.

You don't have to understand me. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Court Grants Fani-Kayode N50m Bail / Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December / INEC Publishes List Of PVC Collection Centres For Ward Level Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.