Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? (1626 Views)

How To Politely Ask For Sex without sounding rude or funny / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by echelon(m): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2007
I have to ask this question because the answer will keep me from going nuts.

My cousin recently preached to one promiscous girl on our street and after that, the girl will not let him be. She's always calling him on the phone requesting that they be friends, that she likes him, etc.
This, my cousin is strongly opposed to, maintaining that he only wanted the girl to repent and not to enter into a relationship with her. Upon all the 'NOs' she gets, the pressure is mounting on him, and this is getting at me.

I'm thinking of answering his phone next time she calls and shouting her down. This is becoming unbearable.

My question is this: How do you politely refuse unwanted love? angry
Re: How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by Seun(m): 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2007
Just say "no" in a polite manner and stick to it. Afterall, it's not your phone credit that's being wasted.
Just treat her attempt at dating your cousin as a game or a form of entertainment for you. It's nothing serious.
Re: How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by jgirl3: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2007
Have a female friend answer it and say she's his gf.
Re: How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by neelsel(f): 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2007
Honesty is the indeed the best policy. Just be blunt and straight forward. Let her know that your kind gesture should not be misinterpreted for something else.

I hope your cousin is telling you the truth, and there isn't more to this,

But if it is just a case of someone honestly rebuking a sinner, then I think she should understand it was nothing more and move on.
Re: How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by Bolarge(m): 4:47pm On Mar 13, 2007
Whether politely or impolitely done,unreciprocated love always hurts.Your cousin's preoccupation should therefore not be guarding her feelings. As said let him be blunt and straight-to-the-point with her,and above all avoid all forms of physical contact.
Re: How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by echelon(m): 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2007
Thanks all for you comments.

The suggestion of having a female friend answer the call appeals to me. I think it will make her change her mind. I'll do it whenever a female friend is around and the call comes. Meanwhile she'll is still calling. My cousin is regretting giving her his phone number and considering buying another SIM pack.
Re: How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2007
I don't think I would find the situation so irritating. It's a matter of picking the calls and having fun saying no.
Re: How Do You Politely Refuse Unwanted Love? by iice(f): 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2007
I agree with neelsel, just say it as it is. Most people who delude themselves try to find loopholes in stuffs they don't want to her. Giving it plain makes no room for assumptions/misconceptions/miscommunications.

(1) (Reply)

She Refused To Date Me, But Won't Stop Stalking Me On Nairaland / I Fell In Love With A Delta Man / How Can God Help Heal A Broken Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.