Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore (47186 Views)

Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Prof. Soyinka Has Refused To Endorse Me For President – Sowore / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by NathanIyke24: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
techwahala:
no be today we start d hear things like this
Lol, na true u talk.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2018
seunmsg:
Sowore better shut up if he has nothing reasonable to say. The country owes the Igbo's no apology. Apology for what exactly?

The Man Is Stupid My Broda, Ojukwu Should Be D One To Apologise. To My Greatest Suprise, Dis Man Sahara Rep Published Negative Words Against Nnamdi Kanu Whn Ipob Agitation Started. Nw He Want To Become D President, To Be Sincere , We Need A Young Leader But Not Like Him

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Oluwatosin27(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2018
Kingpee2:
No wahala,I’m certain at this point that everyone wants to get into polithief,this one has started making mouth like our dem dem polithiefians ,they will promise you heaven and earth before election ,as for me I’m done with Nigeria ...

I don't know people do castigate this man, he always have a point when he talks besides its good he's giving it a shot.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Ugosample(m): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Joker!

I don't know why these idiots talk as if Nigeria is a rich country, like we have unlimited amount of money......which is so untrue.

Apology is free. Finding the money to go and build roads in Soth East will be very diffivult. There is no mineral resources in the S/e .

See this mumu
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Edge1(m): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Joker!

I don't know why these idiots talk as if Nigeria is a rich country, like we have unlimited amount of money......which is so untrue.

Apology is free. Finding the money to go and build roads in Soth East will be very diffivult. There is no mineral resources in the S/e .

Led, Aluminium, zinc, granite, limestone all are mineral resources in Ebony alone. Or are they in your scr¤t@l sac? I didn't even mention cruid oil.

Sense fall on u, better respect your slavery generation. oh.

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Omeny: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Joker!

I'm not an easterner,but who told you that there are no mineral resources in the south east? Is there any where in this country where we don't have mineral resources?
You claimed they don't have mineral resources but the south east has been clamouring for restructuring of the country.
The Coal deposit in Enugu alone will power the entire south east plus Benue out side the petrol gas that is found in that part of the country as well.

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Cindy08: 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2018
story that touch
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Elliot2(m): 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
gidgiddy:
The only good thing about Sowore is that he represents a younger generation that is ever becoming politically aware.

And that's where it ends. Igbos have heard the "I will do this and that in Igbo land" many times before. The problem with Yorubas like Sowore is that they don't get Igbos because they don't know Igbos. All they know is "one Nigeria" as if saying these two words will create love and unity.

We have a unitary structure that is strangulating the people in the SE/SS area and Sowore is talking about what he build in Igbo land? You have a system that is unfair to many and Sowore is talking about capital projects to appease Igbos?

How will Sowore correct the lopsided federal structure? How will he take on the North? How will he face the core North? How will he end quoter system? How will he approach self determination? Will he respect the right of Igbos to breakaway from Nigeria or will he adopt Presidiot Buhari's "our unity is not negotiable" stance? How will he bring fairness and and trust back into the system? How will deal with tribalism? How will he tackle the bureaucracy?

There many important questions that need to be answered, the days of "what I will build for you" is for the birds.
Nice one! Let Sowore give use a detailed road map showing how to solve the aforementioned issues.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Ugosample(m): 12:14pm On Apr 15, 2018
DabLord:
undecided. Igbos doesnt deserve any apology because they also killed Nigerian soldiers during the civil war..
There was a time during the civil war that the Biafra warplane wanted to blow the petrol(total) depot at Ijora but failed,will biafra apologize if the operation was successful.Nonesense

Another mumu.

We need reconciliation in this country in order to move forward.
Without that, we will continue to move in circles.

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Damsonkc(m): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2018
seunmsg:

Playing to the gallery is not speaking the truth. What opportunities do I have in this country that Igbo's don't have? The primary school, secondary school and university that I attended in the south west all had Igbo's who were treated the same way as Yoruba's. We all competed equally for job opportunities after service. There are bad roads in the south east same as we still have in the south west and northern part of the country. So, what nonsense apology is Sowore talking about?

Let me correct you here, friend. As an igboman, you do not compete equally and fairly against others when you apply to school in a federal university in Nigeria. There is something called catchment area. The consensus is that we are more educated than the north hence scoring 65 is not enough out of 100 to gain admission in a federal school if you are from the east and some parts of Yoruba Land but a northerner will gain admission if he scores 35 for the same course you are vying for. The same thing applies to the military and federal jobs. There are lots of systemic marginalizations aside the capital projects that are truthfully nonexistent in Igboland. The logical thing for every Igbo man to do is to fight for the decentralization of Nigeria. If Biafra is not attainable, then confederalism is attainable else the general hate we endure daily will continue.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by nNEOo(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
cheesy wink cheesy cool embarassed smiley grin smiley sad undecided d guy shud wait. small biko.Let d north finish their 4 yrs.,then we can vote u for president /igbo vp.Runz

i've have being hearing this ''let the North finish their 4yrs''statement here on nairaland...are u sure you're nt MAD?
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Elliot2(m): 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I don't think Nigeria owes any specific ethnic group an apology per se, because if things were working nobody would be complaining. I'm only unhappy with the fact that the Biafran war became a topic that people were scared to talk about. Because to be honest, Nugerua doesn't seem to have ever completely recovered from the civil war. If these things were talked about. . .taught in schools. . .people like Nnamdi Kanu would've never gotten famous in the first place. Fraudsters like him wouldn't have been able to market their own version of history and propagating hate against other ethnicities. It irks me when I see Yoruba's and Igbo's fighting especially, considering we are 99% genetically alike.
It is like saying Benue people should not be sympathized with by the fg simply because they are the architect of their misfortune for not allowing savage herders to graze on their farmlands. Ndiara!

3 Likes

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by chuckjonesautos: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Joker!

Brother I am in the USA.. if your eyes are opened and you see how much is being embezzled in Nigeria under your nose and how much it really costs to execute these contracts you will weep for Nigeria. In the USA, a state alone does the road construction and infrastructure without federal government or oil money.. I just wish I can show you pics of these things going on.. it has to start from somewhere and it might take years but Nigeria needs transparency and recolonization. I am sorry to say this.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Edge1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I don't think Nigeria owes any specific ethnic group an apology per se, because if things were working nobody would be complaining. I'm only unhappy with the fact that the Biafran war became a topic that people were scared to talk about. Because to be honest, Nugerua doesn't seem to have ever completely recovered from the civil war. If these things were talked about. . .taught in schools. . .people like Nnamdi Kanu would've never gotten famous in the first place. Fraudsters like him wouldn't have been able to market their own version of history and propagating hate against other ethnicities. It irks me when I see Yoruba's and Igbo's fighting especially, considering we are 99% genetically alike.

God bless you my brother, only if Yorubas would reason this way. There is no much difference between the Igbos and Yorubas but the hatred btw them is out of this planet. We are still where we are in terms of Democracy simply because the major striking issues that caused the civil war hasn't been addressed.

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by holuphisayor(m): 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2018
why do people think becoming Nigeria's president will bring change?
why do we neglect the senate and house of reps

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Edge1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
chuckjonesautos:

Brother I am in the USA.. if your eyes are opened and you see how much is being embezzled in Nigeria under your nose and how much it really costs to execute these contracts you will weep for Nigeria. In the USA, a state alone does the road construction and infrastructure without federal government or oil money.. I just wish I can show you pics of these things going on.. it has to start from somewhere and it might take years but Nigeria needs transparency and recolonization. I am sorry to say this.

Pls don't be sorry to say recolonization. I'll help you shout it out loud cos that's what we need. The tribalism is at its peak.

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2018
freeze001:
Hehehe...new drama loading

All their biases have started rearing their ugly heads. Some were closet supporters of the young man but as him talk ds one dem don dey para..
They can't even let the young man have his moment of fame n perhaps lucidity in peace... cheesy

Are you female or a guy?
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2018
we dont need your sympathy...jerrk
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Minjim: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
Shouldn't the title be, "What I'll do for Igbos. " Rather than, " What I'll do to Igbos. "?
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by RisingWars: 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Joker!

There is no brain in your head.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by infj: 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2018
sokera:
No matter the apology, The igbos will never forget and forgive because their heart is full of hate and depression.... as so they pass it on to their new born generation to come , until they achieve a satisfy revengeful action ... which will never happen because other part of Nigeria as moved on and developing... my advise for Igbos is , instead of putting pressure on federal government why not divert that energy to your States government? Track them to work and make them accountable....

My thoughts too. They have ministries specially for their region and it's not like their states are being denied allocations(some even collect more than other states) so I wonder why they are complaining of poor development. I think their state governments should be held accountable

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2018
gidgiddy:
The only good thing about Sowore is that he represents a younger generation that is ever becoming politically aware.

And that's where it ends. Igbos have heard the "I will do this and that in Igbo land" many times before. The problem with Yorubas like Sowore is that they don't get Igbos because they don't know Igbos. All they know is "one Nigeria" as if saying these two words will create love and unity.

We have a unitary structure that is strangulating the people in the SE/SS area and Sowore is talking about what he build in Igbo land? You have a system that is unfair to many and Sowore is talking about capital projects to appease Igbos?

How will Sowore correct the lopsided federal structure? How will he take on the North? How will he face the core North? How will he end quoter system? How will he approach self determination? Will he respect the right of Igbos to breakaway from Nigeria or will he adopt Presidiot Buhari's "our unity is not negotiable" stance? How will he bring fairness and and trust back into the system? How will deal with tribalism? How will he tackle the bureaucracy?

There many important questions that need to be answered, the days of "what I will build for you" is for the birds.

If you were a girl I would ask for your hand in marriage

Such sound astounding critical analysis

This is the sort of comment I was waiting to read , unfortunately I had to sieve through numerous ruminant IQ level comments to find yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Adebowale89(m): 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
I don't think apology is what Igbo or any other regions need but political inclusion, unanimous national development and unbiased justice regardless of party, religion and ethnicity

problem facing Nigeria is more than corruption, there are a lots of socioeconomic problems hindering the development in Nigeria, one of this is disagreement and conflict among the major tribes in Nigeria. how can a country develop if the people therein don't have one voice

these politicians have really caused more than enough damage to our growth and development through their selfish interest hence the grievances among Igbo till date

the question is why did ojukwu decide to go on secession during that time? till now there is no solution to what prompted his actions, so what's sowore saying, he should be pictorial and pragmatic enough with his assertion rather than exploiting empirical advances to checkmate igbos emotions
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by infj: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
holuphisayor:
why do people think becoming Nigeria's president will bring change?

why do we neglect the senate and house of reps

Abi ooo it's not like it's the president that makes laws. The president implements them while senate and hor makes them
We should also change the members of senate and hor

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by RexTramadol1: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
Igbos sorry

That settles it, methinks.

Igbos deserve to get a sense of belonging, most of those who participated in the civil war are dead

Why can't we the new ones eschew bitterness,embrace peace, don't forget history but decide to move on.

Until three of us accept each other, we cnt move forward.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2018
seunmsg:

Playing to the gallery is not speaking the truth. What opportunities do I have in this country that Igbo's don't have? The primary school, secondary school and university that I attended in the south west all had Igbo's who were treated the same way as Yoruba's. We all competed equally for job opportunities after service. There are bad roads in the south east same as we still have in the south west and northern part of the country. So, what nonsense apology is Sowore talking about?

No let's be fair bro I know numerous igbis not given their deserved grades because they weren't yoruba in South Western universities.

I was in a meeting once ehrre the then Dean of engineering was informing and congratulating a mother on her son's performance and then went on to explain unfortunately he can't be given first class because he isn't an idigine this was in unilag (I have proof)

Let's be fair here there are numerous examoles of countless outright discrimination against igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by kareemkamil(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2018
SOWOWERE
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Emycord: 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
sirequity:

https://www.headlineng.com/will-igbos-become-president/
all these you listed is one reason north will never allow you enter ass hole rock. even gej lost cos he had igbo-like name. we have moved on bro one thing you should do is grant a referendum. first then if it fail you can now start with apologies
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by zabuur: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by congorasta: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
seunmsg:
Sowore better shut up if he has nothing reasonable to say. The country owes the Igbo's no apology. Apology for what exactly?

Afonigram....

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by konfused: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2018
Has anyone noticed of late that there is a subtle Igbo wooing going on among the political class, everybody wants the Igbos to be on their side?

Everybody is desperately in need of the Igbos to align with them.

First, it started with......Igbos would get the presidency if they allow Buhari to complete his 2 term tenure

Then they started with the 2nd Niger Bridge is 44.6% completed, all of a sudden we are all hearing about the 2nd Niger Bridge.

Then they started showing roads and all fake propaganda about what's going on in the South East.

Then this guy has started his own, I implore every Nwa afo Igbo ńujuru mmiri ara ofuma to use their tongue to count their teeth.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See the moment Atiku, Obi, Saraki, Arrived NG Candidate, NTA / Tinubu: A Man Who Can't Hold Paper Has Won APC Primaries - Deji Adeyanju / Mercy Johnson & Husband, Prince Okojie Celebrate As Husband Wins House Of Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.