Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21099 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 8:47pm On May 21, 2010
EzeUche:

We rats would have controlled all of Alaigbo if those daaammn oyibos did not end our reign over the East! We held sway not just over some clans of Igbos, but also the Ibibio.

The Ngwa stopped our advance once, but we would have eventually subdued those weak people.

Look at these Americans. grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I have a hard time believing it is out of concern, EzeUche. You're not one I take seriously, because you play a lot with your words. You don't joke enough though for me to ignore your comments.

Aba would be an even bigger cesspit if it wasn't for Igbos from all across Igboland trying to civilize the Bush Ngwa, Like I said, you Ngwa are weak and insecure.

Sorry if your culture does not have a rich history unlike the Aro or Ohafia.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On May 21, 2010
And this is the problem I had with the majority of Ibos I met in Ibo land. . . .  TOO MUCH FOCUS ON THE MUNDANE!!!

Even the politicians PLAY THE PEOPLE REALLY WELL WITH THOSE CARDS    . . .   It is like a silly dance where the people continue to dance around in circles IGNORING the real issues that continue to plague them all.  From the smallest children to the most mature adults out there . . . even the educated are not immune. They, on the most part continue to focus on the mundane . . . and the level of denial is unbelievable.

No Offense @Chinenye, I have friends from Mbaise, Ngwa etc and Many of them have managed to RISE above all that NONSENSE.  . . IF YOU choose however to make it matter in your life, then it is on you. I am sorry but not all NGWA folks think of these things the way you have made it seem here.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 8:49pm On May 21, 2010
^^^^^^

At least our politicians are not killing each other in the do or die politics that the Yoruba play. Let them focus on the mundane.

Kobojunkie, were you feeling left out?  undecided I know how my people can be 'clannish'
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On May 21, 2010
I already insulted your people by calling them rats . . . I am good @EzeUche lol
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

006, I'd rather not be offensive, until people start taking their statements and turning them into action. If/when people start doing such (going beyond negativity, and simple talk, to action), you all will finally come to understand how deep my loyalties for Ngwa go.

This is where you got it all wrong. Nobody, I repeat, nobody will ever turn such statements into action.

I'm beginning to have the feeling that you're introspective and solitary. And because of that, I strongly believe that everything you say came from your heart and you're damn serious. I think I'll quit discussing this issue with you because it means so much to you.

My advice to you is to try and befriend more Igbo folks from other clans and see how they relate. Socialize mainly with non-Ngwas.

You once talked about not being good with central Igbo but neither do I. I've never being good with languages (just love working with numbers). I remember the merciless teasing I got at the University that I couldn’t speak good Igbo, that I often turn sentences upside down; but I didn't give a damn, I know my problem and they have to deal with it and they got used to me afterwards.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:57pm On May 21, 2010
You all are really making this out to be more than what it really is; making it seem as if I have a problem with everyone else, which of course I don't. I just take my identity and everything associated with it seriously.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

You all are really making this out to be more than what it really is; making it seem as if I have a problem with everyone else, which of course I don't. I just take my identity and everything associated with it seriously.

Dude, I take my identity and my EGO seriously too . . .  Does yours have to come with the VICTIM card attached?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2010
^^^^^^^^

I'll be happy to be your friend Ngwa boy. Maybe I can civilize you to Aro ways and you spread that among your people.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 9:03pm On May 21, 2010
Ezeuche lol u really need to leave Chinyen alone before he declares war on the Aro. lol I go blame u ooo.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Eziachi: 9:04pm On May 21, 2010
oyinda.:

eziachi, it's yoruba not Yorubatongue
i'm sure heaven would have fallen if someone spelled igbo as ibo.

Funny how quickly you find this out than I did. I give my unreserved apologies, it was a typo errors, never intended. You can now understand how most of us feel when many of you kept referring us as Ibos, especially your brother KOBOJUNKIE, who seems to derives his vitamin if he referred the Igbo nation as Ibos. In one of his thousands of Igbo bashing postings, he was saying that he doesn’t care, that as long as he wishes, he will continue to refer us as Ibos and this was when someone directed his attention to such a fallacy.

There is a saying by my ancestors that “ The corpse of another man’s child always seems to another person as just a bunch of firewoods”.
Finally, my apologies to you and the Yoruba nation.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 9:04pm On May 21, 2010
006 I said if/when. I'm not expecting that they do, and I'm certainly hoping that they don't. But I won't be caught sleeping if they do, though.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 9:06pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie na amadioha go fire ur nyansh. U lucky we the Aro no make am to Ore sef. Lol
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Ewuo!!!!!!!!! Nwadede nnele na ikonne. Dikwanu otu iji mee onwe gi ka arusi apiriapi. I consider myself an Ngwa person because I was born and raised in greater Ngwaland including Ukwa. I have also called Igbo peeps of non-Ngwa “Nwa ohuhu”. I guess you are catching my drift. You should not let the ignorance of the lady on the facebook disturb you.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2010
EzeUche:

We rats would have controlled all of Alaigbo if those daaammn oyibos did not end our reign over the East! We held sway not just over some clans of Igbos, but also the Ibibio.

The Ngwa stopped our advance once, but we would have eventually subdued those weak people.

Hahaha, do you think Aros could have dominated?
Remember that Akabe people stopped the rampaging Fulanis talk less of Aros. Common Ngwas stopped you folks and you're still talking.   cheesy
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2010
The issue still remains my suggestion of pairlierment to me is still the best for everyone.

However if we are to get the true leaders in the different states(under the current system we have now in nigeria) we have to do away with people that try to stoke clannish flame who would want to ride on that to glory.

After all the two men that made owerri the town it is now developement and planning wise are not owerri indegenes(Ndubuisi Kalu and Sam Mbakwe) and Aba also developed seriously under mbakwe's regime.

Orji kalu is from Bende but i wonder is Bende got any meaninful developemnt under him  undecided

Micheal Okpara was from Umuahia yet his developments were more was in Enugu and and Portharcourt.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On May 21, 2010
udezue:

Kobojunkie na amadioha go fire your nyansh. U lucky we the Aro no make am to Ore sef. Lol
Yeah !! All mouth and no substance   . . . na im una be . . .  ROFLMAO!~!!

See how your AroChukwu politicians play you all like football . . .
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 9:19pm On May 21, 2010
006:

Remember that Akabe people stopped the rampaging Fulanis talk less of Aros. Common Ngwas stopped you folks and you're still talking.   cheesy

It was not only Akagbe stopped the rampaging Fulani but entire Igbo warriors. The manner in which Fulani Caliphate was defeated and beat a hasty retreat had contributed to the intrigues about Ndigbo.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 9:20pm On May 21, 2010
Udezue, let the Ngwa declare war on us!  grin Lets separate the men from the boys.

006:

Remember that Akabe people stopped the rampaging Fulanis talk less of Aros. Common Ngwas stopped you folks and you're still talking.   cheesy

Yes we would have dominated the entire East. Once we consolidated our rule over the Igbo and Ibibio, we would have struck at the Benin Empire and then finish off the crumbling Oyo Empire.  grin

And you think the Fulani are tougher than the Aro?  angry  Fulani horsemen could not penetrate the Eastern forest so of course they would lose. We Aro excelled in jungle warfare with our Ohafia allies.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 9:23pm On May 21, 2010
What is all these talk about fulani warriors attacking igboland I thought it was they were stopped by one the middle belt tribes  undecided

I thought there horses could not survive the tropical rainforest nature of the east?Is there a part of history i do not know?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 9:27pm On May 21, 2010
Deede, it is beyond Facebook.

EzeUche, you keep making those comments about Aro incursions into Ngwa, and now I'm almost completely certain that you don't really know the history between Ngwa and Aro.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Eziachi: 9:30pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is NOT TRUE. You don't have all things figured out, you know that right? My Drive from Owerri to PH took me 3 to 4 hours. Unless you can PROVE it never happened, I suggest you stick to that which you can PROVE.

Stop digging this hole for yourself, I don't think you have made this journey in your life or probably made it by walking or jogging. 3-4 hours it takes you to travel from Owerri to Omagwa?
Are you kidding me?
Even in the worst of worse of the road conditions, any car will do it in an hours tops.  When the road was in top condition in the 80s, that same journey takes less than half an hour if you depart Owerri in the very early hours of the morning before traffic.

You can even travel by car from Calabar airport to Port Hacourt city under three hours. A journey I use to make many times in the 90s arriving from Douala to Calabar airport then travel to my famiy home in Port Harcourt by road.

In fact, in develop nations with speed rail Owerri-Omagwa will be a 15 minute journey.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 9:31pm On May 21, 2010
Eziachi:

Funny how quickly you find this out than I did. I give my unreserved apologies, it was a typo errors, never intended. You can now understand how most of us feel when many of you kept referring us as Ibos, especially your brother KOBOJUNKIE, who seems to derives his vitamin if he referred the Igbo nation as Ibos. In one of his thousands of Igbo bashing postings, he was saying that he doesn’t care, that as long as he wishes, he will continue to refer us as Ibos and this was when someone directed his attention to such a fallacy.

There is a saying by my ancestors that “ The corpse of another man’s child always seems to another person as just a bunch of firewoods”.
Finally, my apologies to you and the Yoruba nation.

no its actually spelled "yeribah"
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 9:32pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I think I know where you are coming with this statement politically. However, some of us who considered themselves Ngwa are working on it for a change.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2010
Lol @ EzeUche,naw he will be fighting this war solo against the Aro all by himself. He's a bad no crap takin modafuckin Ngwa man. Akpu nwa Isi ala Ngwa. lmao!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Eziachi: 9:42pm On May 21, 2010
bk/babe97:

You despicable, deceitful old thug!!! Ure a damn liar if I ever saw one!!! Agreed, u cant write properly, but do u wanna tell me u cant read/comprehend properly either?!! Liar!!! Ezeuche NEVER said anything about giving the Ijaws a choice (or not) of joining your rebel enclave! You liar!!! What your grandson (Ezeuche) categorically stated was that The Niger Delta will be taken by your phantom Biafra because (a) You need the oil and ; (2) You need access to the sea! Were u blind to see what he wrote? Geez, why do yall ibos always think u can pull the wool over peoples eyes?!?!
How I wish you can make your point without being angry over every issue. It seems to me that your new obsession is my age?
Well, may you live longer than your girl friends or boy friends!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 9:42pm On May 21, 2010
The Akagbe war against the Fulani? Can yall educate me more on this?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 9:42pm On May 21, 2010
@Eziachi

Some people will write any crap in attempt to score an inconsequential political point. I can run from Owerri to Igweocha in less than 2 hours talk less of driving an automobile.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 9:42pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

EzeUche, you keep making those comments about Aro incursions into Ngwa, and now I'm almost completely certain that you don't really know the history between Ngwa and Aro.
'

Ngwa boy, I feel you do not know much about the Aro raids that sent shockwaves throughout all of Igboland.

Do not act like Ngwaland did not feel the pinch of the Aro raids. I would hear stories about forefathers raiding Ngwa settlements near Umuahia for slaves.

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 9:44pm On May 21, 2010
Udezue, where are you getting this war thing from?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 9:44pm On May 21, 2010
quick question why does the Aro sign have a european Sword Gun and Crown on its flag? ahahahah lfmao yehhhhh grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 9:45pm On May 21, 2010
EzeUche:

Udezue, let the Ngwa declare war on us!  grin Lets separate the men from the boys.

Yes we would have dominated the entire East. Once we consolidated our rule over the Igbo and Ibibio, we would have struck at the Benin Empire and then finish off the crumbling Oyo Empire.  grin

And you think the Fulani are tougher than the Aro?  angry  Fulani horsemen could not penetrate the Eastern forest so of course they would lose. We Aro excelled in jungle warfare with our Ohafia allies.

With all this talk why didn't you finish the British? History is written. The End.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Sportsmen & Women Solidarity Rally For President Jonathan (pics) / Victor Okon Quits Akwa-Ibom Rerun Polls And Dumps Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.