Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21122 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 9:46pm On May 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

quick question why does the Aro sign have a european Sword Gun and Crown on its flag? ahahahah lfmao yehhhhh grin

and an oyinbo mans hand on it grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On May 21, 2010
I am not being selective, as far as I know or understand it[b], Ezeuche is either Ibibio or Efik (I may be wrong) and it was his sentiment as mine that part of what they called SS [/b] may wish to go with Biafra in the event of such a scenario, so why will I disagree with him on that basis which is what I believed may happen?  But I will disagree with anyone either Igbo or any thing that wish to force any people into a grouping they do not wish to belong and that inclides the Ijaws too.

I guess @The person who posted this earlier was wrong then . Are we still of the "If it does not back to my orders, it is not ibo" mindset?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 9:49pm On May 21, 2010
I saw the arochukwu flag a while ago but i didnt realize it was sooo westernized.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 9:49pm On May 21, 2010
Dede1:

It was not only Akagbe stopped the rampaging Fulani but entire Igbo warriors. The manner in which Fulani Caliphate was defeated and beat a hasty retreat had contributed to the intrigues about Ndigbo. 

udezue:

The Akagbe war against the Fulani? Can yall educate me more on this?

Yes Dede, tell us when the Igbo organised and stopped rampaging Fulani.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 9:50pm On May 21, 2010
sjeezy8:

quick question why does the Aro sign have a european Sword Gun and Crown on its flag? ahahahah lfmao yehhhhh grin

^^^^^^^^^
angry angry angry angry

The Aro just like the power Asante Empire used European weapons for our conquest of our neighbors. Unfortunately, we sold slaves to the Europeans, but with the end of the slave trade, the British considered us a threat so they defeated us in battle.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 9:51pm On May 21, 2010
Eziachi:

How I wish you can make your point without being angry over every issue. It seems to me that your new obsession is my age?
Well, may you live longer than your girls friend or boy friend!

Do not bother an iota about the ranting of a petty thief. The swine confirmed it on this forum that he/she is heavily into stealing.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 9:52pm On May 21, 2010
006, the merciful Aro simply gave the Ngwa some slack ya know. The only obstacle now is this akpuobi warrior Chinyen. Once he is subdued then rest we be like easy fresh meat. Lmao
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 9:54pm On May 21, 2010
asha 80:

What is all these talk about fulani warriors attacking igboland I thought it was they were stopped by one the middle belt tribes  undecided

I thought there horses could not survive the tropical rainforest nature of the east?Is there a part of history i do not know?

I am equally waiting for the lesson.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 9:54pm On May 21, 2010
And what about this Igbo group that defeated the Fulani?  

I never heard of this war, nor have I heard of the Fulani getting past the Tiv, Igala or Idoma in order to make an inroad in the dark forest of Igboland.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 9:55pm On May 21, 2010
Deede, that's good.

Udezue, now I know you're not serious. **achi**
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by sjeezy8: 9:56pm On May 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

I am equally waiting for the lesson.

I am too haha lmfao

goodbye everyone igbo, yoruba and kobo what ever she is. . . . lol
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 9:58pm On May 21, 2010
Sorry folks, I do not teach important history such as the one dubbed Akagbe/Fulani war on Pro bono. The need to render Ndigbo powerless stemmed from past recorded events between Ndigbo and Britain, Fulani Caliphate or Bini Empire.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 10:00pm On May 21, 2010
EzeUche:

The Aro just like the power Asante Empire used European weapons for our conquest of our neighbors. Unfortunately, we sold slaves to the Europeans, but with the end of the slave trade, the British considered us a threat so they defeated us in battle.

Aro gave the British an excuse to conquer them and that was the continuation of slavery.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On May 21, 2010
Yes, we need to dig up wars as far back as the past 2000 years so we can continue to justify our need to continue playing the VICTIM card in the contraption called Nigeria which was formalized in 1960  grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2010
ezeagu:

Aro gave the British an excuse to conquer them and that was the continuation of slavery.

Why would we get rid of our revenue? Even if we stopped, they would have found another excuse to conquer us. A weak Igbo clan like the Ngwa would have ran to the British for protection and that would cause us to lose our sovereignty as well.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2010
I'm in trouble ooo!
I don't know much about this Akagbe/Fulani war, I think an Akagbe man should be in a better position to tell us more about the war.
I heard about it while growing up but not in details.  embarassed
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2010
Lmfao @ ChinyenDid it take u this long to realize that you shouldn't take what I was saying seriously? In Oka we call it Ima Njakiri. Like others have said u need to familiarize urself with other Igbos outside ur immediate clan to appreciate the general Igbo mentality.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2010
006:

I'm in trouble ooo!
I don't know much about this Akagbe/Fulani war, I think an Akagbe man should be in a better position to tell us more about the war.
I heard about it while growing up but not in details. embarassed

I am surprised, for the time, that you and I have the ears with the hint about Akagbe/Fulani war.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Eziachi: 10:09pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I guess @The person who posted this earlier was wrong then . Are we still of the "If it does not back to my orders, it is not ibo" mindset?

It is not a mindset, I am not overly concern about your ignorance of calling Igbos Ibos even when they have told you so, and I am just concerned that you will carry such a mindset into the real world.
Sam Mbakwe use to say, “First mistake is not foolishness but the second one or deliberate one is what is proper foolishness”
Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 10:09pm On May 21, 2010
udezue:

Lmfao @ ChinyenDid it take u this long to realize that you shouldn't take what I was saying  seriously? In Oka we call it Ima Njakiri. Like others have said u need to familiarize urself with other Igbos outside your immediate clan to appreciate the general Igbo mentality.

Hahaha, Chinenye would have been fun to watch as he cries while his peers tear him apart in one of many Njakiri sessions.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On May 21, 2010
Eziachi:

It is not a mindset, I am not overly concern about your ignorance of calling Igbos Ibos even when they have told you so, and I am just concerned that you will carry such a mindset into the real world.
Sam Mbakwe use to say, “First mistake is not foolishness but the second one or deliberate one is what is proper foolishness”
Use your tongue to count your teeth.

It is YOUR mindset. You seem to think I should care that you choose to stick a  STICK UP YOUR ARSE each time I use  the word 'Ibo' instead of the one you want. You seem to think You decide who QUALIFIES to be called IBO and who does not. Everyone does not have to think as you do.

You made a FALSE BASELESS statement there meant to sort of UNDERMINE whatever argument he has been making all this while. Turns out your were wrong in your CONCLUSION again that he is non ibo.

Dude, shove your silly Mbakwe sayings and all the others as I really don't care much for his views and yours. I really thought you would have figured out that out by now. Give up the crap already! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 10:13pm On May 21, 2010
Dede1:

Sorry folks, I do not teach important history such as the one dubbed Akagbe/Fulani war on Pro bono. The need to render Ndigbo powerless stemmed from past recorded events between Ndigbo and Britain, Fulani Caliphate or Bini Empire.

LWKMD   grin grin grin grin grin   You are usually very forthcoming with information; your silence tonight amuses me.

Dede1, the Fulani never attempted to invade Igboland. They did not even get past the middle belt. The caliphate captured the Hausa states between 1804 and 1810. The expansion eastwards was stopped by the Kanem-Bornu empire and they did get very far going southwards because the use of Cavalry was ineffective in the dense forests. For much of the the 18th century the caliphate was defending against the Ibadan Empire and lost several middle eastern towns.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On May 21, 2010
I love google! grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 10:16pm On May 21, 2010
006:

I'm in trouble ooo!
I heard about it while growing up but not in details.  embarassed

See tory. So so story teller. You heard about a non-existent war!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 10:23pm On May 21, 2010
@ totojunkie, seeing your name on every Igbo thread pisses me off. I wish you could just disappear. I can only blame those that respond to you for keeping you relevant.
To those arguing/discussing with you, how do you think that someone that stubbornly refused to correct herself and write Igbo instead of Ibo would ever agree to your views/argument/facts/pictures even when they are as clear as the sky?

One thing is to engage in an argument, another is the ability to picture the mindset of the person you're arguing with to know whether it worths it.

My last ever reference to this f.o.o.l that writes BLIGHT OF BIAFRA instead of BIGHT OF BIAFRA.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On May 21, 2010
Yawns!!!

sjeezy8:

I am too haha lmfao

goodbye everyone igbo, yoruba and kobo what ever she is. . . . lol

At least you did not take it on yourself to decide what group I should belong to . . . lol
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 10:25pm On May 21, 2010
006,lol it would be a fun sight lmao dat guy no sabi how to have a good time. Must be an introvert.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bkbabe97: 10:25pm On May 21, 2010
Eziachi:

How I wish you can make your point without being angry over every issue. It seems to me that your new obsession is my age?
Well, may you live longer than your girls friend or boy friend!

A big amen to that prayer!!! Whoa, hold the fu*ck up, what was that u said again? May I live longer than my Girls Friendses or Boy Frienders?!?? grin You senile, old , lying thug learn to write and spell properly!!!

P.S: Please, keep me out of this I'm enjoyn watching u guys finish each other off!!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Eziachi: 10:31pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It is YOUR mindset. You seem to think I should care that you choose to stick a  STICK UP YOUR ARSE each time I use  the word 'Ibo' instead of the one you want. You seem to think You decide who QUALIFIES to be called IBO and who does not. Everyone does not have to think as you do.

You made a FALSE BASELESS statement there meant to sort of UNDERMINE whatever argument he has been making all this while. Turns out your were wrong in your CONCLUSION again that he is non ibo.

Dude, shove your silly Mbakwe sayings and all the others as I really don't care much for his views and yours. I really thought you would have figured out that out by now. Give up the crap already! ROFLMAO!!!
It is difficult to deal with anyone whose first line of thought all the time is: “I don’t care”.
My people use to say that: “I don’t care, always cares only when inside the box” Use your tongue to count your teeth.
Like I said before, as long as you know that there is a people called Ndigbo but based on your ignorance you chose otherwise to call them Ibo- I should allow you to wallow in your deliberate ignorant. It will bother me if you don’t know, but knowing that you knew, it’s fine by me.
Mind you, you can still make your point without going the vulgar language route.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 10:31pm On May 21, 2010
Again EzeUche, I'm hard pressed to believe you really know the history between my group and yours. Your ancestors, with help from Abbam (I believe that's the name) attempted many, many sporadic raids in Ngwaland, but Umuajuju and Ohia-Ukwu (the only two successful raids) are all your ancestors have to show for it.

Aside from that, Ngwaland was made increasingly inhospitable to and dangerous for your ancestors as well as those whom your ancestors solicited military assistance from (there were prices on their heads). That is why your ancestors resorted to Ibini Ukpabi and Ekpe Aro. Your ancestors knew they would not be successful with Ngwa, through force. Oracular trade was their only option (we had the trade connections to the coast, which your ancestors so desperately wanted).
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 10:34pm On May 21, 2010
Nri Child, you're far from the truth. . . although I also suspect you're joking. . .
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 10:38pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie, no victim card. Just my observations (which you all are seriously making out to be more than what they are). I don't play victim in anything. I'd hate to think that that is what I was doing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Keyamo: Kamala Harris Victory In US Means Nigerians Need To Give Women A Chance / "Consequences Of Extra-judicial Killings" By Nuruddeen Lemu / My Duplicates Are Still On The Rampage - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.