Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21120 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2010
Chinyen,U are too 4kin clannish and overoverly defensive about anything Ngwa hence u immediately assumed that FACE had something bad to say about the Ngwa. No one is out to get u or the Ngwa. Not even that razz a$$ Ezeuche. lol Your insecurities are too obvious.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 6:52pm On May 21, 2010
@Onye_ngbu, onwere ihe na agbakasi mmadu ahu, and you just hit mine with that rebuttal you have there. Even I have a limit, a line I refuse to cross!!

The excuses registered in the Parable of the 10 Talents comes to mind when I reach such posts!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by onyengbu1(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

@Onye_ngbu, onwere ihe na agbakasi mmadu ahu, and you just hit mine with that rebuttal you have there. Even I have a limit, a line I refuse to cross!!

The excuses registered in the Parable of the 10 Talents comes to mind when I reach such posts!

grin grin grin
she don speak igbo. Chei!!

Parable of ten talents?!
I am not sure it can be proven that some people from a particular region alone hid their own talents.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 7:08pm On May 21, 2010
Hallelujah !!!

*Anyway, I still sit down dey look to see if this is true*
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On May 21, 2010
That u still do not get the 10 TALENTS EXCUSES reference, means it is best WE do not continue this argument @Onye_ngbu
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2010
Maybe you neglected my initial response to FACE. I have no problem with FACE (unlike others, he hasn't addressed me as if there is a problem). In fact, I'm more than interested in hearing what he has to say. After all, Umuahia and Ngwa do more than just share borders. I was only just making it clear that he should not expect me to readily accept anything he says at face value, and he should also know that I am not ignorant of my people. So please, stop making this more than it is.

Lastly, if I am defensive (which, as of late I have been developing that nature), it is because of the slew of comments I hear almost daily, regarding Ngwa as well as the opposition of people like you towards how I identify. So, pray tell, why I musn't get defensive, when I am increasingly faced with negativity and derogatory remarks about, and because of Ngwa? Please, do explain to me why I musn't reaffirm my [already strong] loyalty, if even Igbo people themselves [of whom my loyalty is rather loose] are saying that Ngwa should be annihilated? Please, in all honesty, do you seriously believe that I, as a seriously loyal Ngwa, would sit back and allow people to continue talking in such a manner? Do think about it Udezue, and then maybe you would see my rational (even though, I'm still sure you would never agree to it, but at least it will be evident).

Regarding insecurities, maybe I'm not the one with insecurities, here. It's evident that my identity upsets you, so much. Why though? I do not know. Could it be because it doesn't conform to/with the pan-Igbo agenda? Should that even be a problem, though? I mean, I'm more than sure you pan-Igbo-ists, and the rest of Igbo don't even need me, or the Ngwa. So what now? Why exactly does my identity upset you so?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Maybe you neglected my initial response to FACE. I'm interested in hearing what he has to say. After all, Umuahia and Ngwa do more than just share borders. I was only just making it clear that he should not expect me to readily accept anything he says at face value, and he should know that I am not ignorant of my people. Stop making this more than it is.

Lastly, if I am defensive (which, as of late I have been developing that nature), it is because of the slew of comments I hear almost daily, regarding Ngwa as well as the opposition of people like you towards how I identify. So, pray tell, why I musn't get defensive, when I am increasingly faced with negativity and derogatory remarks about, and because of Ngwa? Please, do explain to me why I musn't reaffirm my [already strong] loyalty, if even Igbo people themselves [of whom my loyalty is rather loose] are saying that Ngwa should be annihilated? Please, in all honesty, do you seriously believe that I, as a seriously loyal Ngwa, would sit back and allow people to continue talking in such a manner? Do think about it Udezue, and then maybe you would see my rational (even though, I'm still sure you would never agree to it, but at least it will be evident).

Regarding insecurities, maybe I'm not the one with insecurities, here. It's evident that my identity upsets you, so much. Why though? Is it because it doesn't conform to/with the pan-Igbo agenda? Why should that be a problem? I'm more than sure you pan-Igbo-ists, and the rest of Igbo don't even need me, or the Ngwa. So what now? Why does my identity upset you so much?

You think ngwa people are the only subgroups of igbos that derogatory remarks are directed at?

Do you know about other groups?

Do you know of what they say of my maternal side(mbaise) and my father's side(obowo)?

Have you seen one the reasons why i said they way you grew up affects they way u see these things.

Who is saying that Ngwas should be eliminated 
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by onyengbu1(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2010
006:

Hallelujah !!!

*Anyway, I still sit down dey look to see if this is true*

Its ok sef.

Me I don tire too.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 7:23pm On May 21, 2010
lol, i guess such bickering would disappear when biafra is formed.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by 006(m): 7:36pm On May 21, 2010
asha 80:

You think ngwa people are the only subgroups of igbos that derogatory remarks are directed at?

Do you know of what they say of my maternal side(mbaise) and my father's side(obowo)?

Have you seen one the reasons why i said they way you grew up affects they way u see these things.

Don't mind ChinenyeN, if he had grown up in Enugu like I did where virtually every Igbo sub-group is found, his mentality would be different. I'm a second generation Enugu born citizen and derogatory remarks have been used time without number towards my people; but while growing up, everyone learnt how to fight back and be more offensive rather than defensive.

You're quite right, if he had attended a secondary school in any Eastern cities like Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri, etc he'd be different and his views too would be different.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 7:49pm On May 21, 2010
We must solve the crime problem in Ngwaland!  angry

I always say that every Igbo criminal caught is most likely from Ngwaland. When will they become enlightened like the good people of Arochukwu? grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2010
Oh lawd! the thing don set.Chinyen, biko who told the Ngwa were selected for elimination?Man crawl out of ur Ngwa cave and taste the good life. The need for you to beat ur chest about being Ngwa and proud whenever the Ngwa is mentioned is becoming amusing. Why would any1 want wipe u out? Cheii nekwa extreme paranoia na NL. There is nothing special about u being Ngwa or what people say about the Ngwa coz guess what I am Oka and I've heard an ear full about everything negative about Oka people and it doesn't affect my life. In fact in my family we even yab Ajali people yet we part Ajali. Abirirba people get made fun of all the time yet Abiriba town is one of the cleanest cities in the East. Enugu people get made fun of and are calleed Wawa by other in Igbos in Enugu sef, Mbaise ppl get it too even worse. Lets not even forget the Ikwerre who called lazy yet I know plenty Ikwerre without ur level of insecurity. If you are very proud to be Ngwa then there is no need to jump to ur guns all the time. I remember E
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2010
asha 80:

Yeah, I'm familiar with how other groups are addressed by other Igbo. That's not my problem though. They aren't my group. As for the bolded, I think we've discussed this and I agreed with you. I've also more or less always known such.

asha 80:

People like EzeUche, except, unlike EzeUche, they take their contempt to the next level. Like this lady, Anne Nnorom on Facebook (I'm not in the mood to bother with privacy issues), who seems to not mind making such statements. Here's one of her Facebook statuses: "THE IGBO NATION FOR NOW I THINK IS CURSED. HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THE EVILS IN THE SOCEITY END UP THERE OR ARE MAGNIFIED IN THAT NATION? MY FRIEND WAS KIDNAPPED SINCE SUNDAY APRIL 11, 2010. THE NGWA CLAN ESPECIALLY IN ABIA STATE SHOULD BE WIPED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. IF THE PEOPLE OF IGBOLAND DO NOT REPENT AND ATONE FOR ALL THE ATTROCITIES IN THAT LAND, BLOODSHED ;THERE WILL BE NO MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT." (verbatim).

Then there are some who have explicitly stated such to my face, and meant it. At first I didn't know what to make of it, so I kind of just brushed it aside, until I started putting my head into Igbo politics and Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On May 21, 2010
yikes~!!~  grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:21pm On May 21, 2010
006, I'd rather not be offensive, until people start taking their statements and turning them into action. If/when people start doing such (going beyond negativity, and simple talk, to action), you all will finally come to understand how deep my loyalties for Ngwa go.

Udezue, (typically I would say "enyi" at this point, but with you, I am not feeling it) you don't get to dictate how someone exhibits their pride, or increasing unsettledness. You don't get to tell me how a proud, loyal, non-crap-taking Ngwa should behave.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2010
Ezeuche made some comment about Nnewi ppl yet Onlytruth didnt lose sleep over it. Does that make him less Nnewi or not proud to be Nnewi. The Bende, Imo friends I know always got something to say about the Anambra and when they do I tell whatever I want to say about them and we laugh it off. I went to an Igbo bool launching the other day and Oko ppl got made fun of, after that some Oko ppl said their own about the other and ppl were just laughing. Maybe when u get out the house more and interact more with others u'll quit being paranoid about everything ppl do.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:26pm On May 21, 2010
Do you not know the difference between the comments he made about Nnewi, and those he made about Ngwa? Also, you want to tell me to stop being paranoid. Okay, so I'll tell you, stop getting overly upset because of how I identify.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 8:30pm On May 21, 2010
^^^^^^^

Bla bla bla! The Ngwa are not that special though. Am happy with Ngwa babes from Aba! grin

Dey love d Aro swag!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:32pm On May 21, 2010
Who said anything about being special? Don't turn the exhibition of my loyalties into something they aren't. No where did I claim, or even insinuate that the Ngwa were special.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On May 21, 2010
Bende is Abia state, not Imo !

WOW  . . .  this is some seriously freaky stuff!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Yeah, I'm familiar with how other groups are addressed by other Igbo. That's not my problem though. They aren't my group. As for the bolded, I think we've discussed this and I agreed with you. I've also more or less always known such.
People like EzeUche, except, unlike EzeUche, they take their contempt to the next level. Like this lady, Anne Norom on Facebook, who seems to not mind making such statements. Here's one of her Facebook statuses: "THE IGBO NATION FOR NOW I THINK IS CURSED. HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THE EVILS IN THE SOCEITY END UP THERE OR ARE MAGNIFIED IN THAT NATION? MY FRIEND WAS KIDNAPPED SINCE SUNDAY APRIL 11, 2010. THE NGWA CLAN ESPECIALLY IN ABIA STATE SHOULD BE WIPED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. IF THE PEOPLE OF IGBOLAND DO NOT REPENT AND ATONE FOR ALL THE ATTROCITIES IN THAT LAND, BLOODSHED ;THERE WILL BE NO MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT." (verbatim).

Then there are some who have explicitly stated such to my face, and meant it. At first I didn't know what to make of it, until I started putting my head into Igbo politics and Nigeria.

Like you said other groups yabs do not concern you.I just want to let you know that it exists.

As for severity of the yabs(which seems to be the reason why to put that facebook quote)
i am sorry to say this but is she going to wipe out the whole ngwas   i mean seriuously  .You take such people seriously .

Look ignorant people will always make inflammatory statements.

They said it to your face,what about my moms side in which you hear things like'if you see a snake and and mbaise man kill the snake first'?

Has that changed my perception to things

If you are thinking about what other people might think about the message because it is on facebook well people will always think what they want to think.

As for Ezeuche Aro people look at what an ARTICLE was written about them

http://ohuzo..com/2009/03/aro-undermined-igbo.html
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by udezue(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2010
Rubbish if you like go assemble an Ngwa army beat ur head against the wall. Ode. The fool made the comment and what was ur response? Tell her off and keep it moving but don't bring that no crap takin Ngwa shyt to me or others coz we don't give a shyt about it. I'm open minded hence u are the one with all the burden in ur heart. Do u really take Ezeuche seriously? lol chaiii. Dude Ezeuche and I are both Aro desenndants now tell me does his silly comment got anything to do with the Aro or Igbos? I know many Ngwa in Houston including my aunts and cousins and lord I have never witnessed this kind paranoia from them. I remember my uncle tellin my aunt they eat human meat in Ngwa and my aunt said well Aro ppl sell slaves. lol! Enugu and Calabar ppl get it for eating dog meat. I mean shyt its not serious b4 u get HBP.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On May 21, 2010
roflmao !!!

CURE DIVISION WITH MORE DIVISIVE STATEMENTS !!! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Bende is Abia state, not Imo !

WOW  . . .  this is some seriously freaky stuff!
I think what he was trying to arrive at is that Bende & Imo people.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 8:38pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Who said anything about being special? Don't turn the exhibition of my loyalties into something they aren't. No where did I claim, or even insinuate that the Ngwa were special.

Do you deny the fact that Ngwaland is plagued with criminality?  I will go as far as saying that Ngwaland is bringing down Abia State. It is out of concern for Aba, that we the enlightened people of Abia do not allow the creation of the new state knowing that Ngwaland will become even more violent.  grin grin

And ChinenyeN . . . Your signature irritates me! Ngwa this and Ngwa that.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I think what he was trying to arrive at is that Bende & Imo people.

cool !!
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:40pm On May 21, 2010
Asha, as I stated earlier, I won't be concerned until the words become actions. For now, I'm only stating my resolve and how I simply just won't just sit back as if nothing is going on. I'll listen, say what I want to say, and watch for any words that turn to action.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 8:42pm On May 21, 2010
I have a hard time believing it is out of concern, EzeUche. You're not one I take seriously, because you play a lot with your words. You don't joke enough though for me to ignore your comments.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On May 21, 2010
Ok . . . this does not work for me . . . . better stoke the fire

Arochukwu people are rats !!! WOOHOOO

roflmao . . .
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 8:44pm On May 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Ok . . . this does not work for me . . . . better stoke the fire

Arochukwu people are rats !!! WOOHOOO

roflmao  . . . 

We rats would have controlled all of Alaigbo if those daaammn oyibos did not end our reign over the East! We held sway not just over some clans of Igbos, but also the Ibibio.

The Ngwa stopped our advance once, but we would have eventually subdued those weak people.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 8:45pm On May 21, 2010
Uh, no offense ChinenyeN, but are you by any chance talking about the same Ngwa of which some members used to (as far as I know) trek far to other communities to behead people while the people were working on farms?  Who is offensive
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Asha, as I stated earlier, I won't be concerned until the words become actions. For now, I'm only stating my resolve and how I simply just won't just sit back as if nothing is going on. I'll listen, say what I want to say, and watch for any words that turn to action.

If it is like that i am sure mbaise would have been wiped out by now.Anyway feel free to feel how you like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" / Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan / Court Sacks Senator Emmanuel Bwacha For Defecting to APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.