Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

When Love Speaks - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Speaks (411863 Views)

When Love Happens / When Love Dies - Episode 1 / When Love Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2018
A total disconnection between Jewel and Angel. Thanks infant.
Re: When Love Speaks by kzea4real(m): 9:15am On Oct 30, 2018
Thanks for the update and waiting for the next episode
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2018
skubido:
Nawa oooo

Them just dey scatter this Love sha
Re: When Love Speaks by herosakin777(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2018
Nice one we come back infant Ur stories always very interesting
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ann2012:

My dear see wahala, so some body can't love in peace again
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
izaray:
My dear see wahala, so some body can't love in peace again

I wonder oooo

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
Ann2012:

Abi uno see bad belle pple ni,

Times tinz ni sha,
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
Episode 33

7 YEARS LATER.

INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

A plane from U.S landed on the landing strip at the airport. Among the passengers that boarded the flight was Jewel. He was just returning to the country after 7 years of staying abroad. He looked more handsome with nice physique. His jacket hugged his body tightly. He was returning to the country after spending years at Stanford university, where he obtained a bsc and master degree, both in Economics.

He headed straight to the baggage claim to get his luggage. When he got his luggage, he brought out his phone and dialed his grandpa driver's number. He placed the phone on his ear and waited for him to pick up.

"hello sir" the driver said at the other end.

"where are you? I hope you are at the airport already." Jewel said.

"no sir. I'm still on my way. I will be at the airport in 20 minutes time" the driver responded.

"aren't you suppose to be here already. So, I will have to wait here for the next 20 minutes." Jewel said.

"I'm sorry sir. I was delayed." the driver responded.

"it's okay. just make sure you get here on time" Jewel said.

"yes sir" the driver responded.

"I will be waiting for you outside the airport" Jewel said and ended the call.

He dragged his luggage and went outside the airport to wait for the driver.

An hour after the plane from U.S had landed, a plane from Canada also landed on the landing strip at the airport. Among the passengers that boarded the flight was Angel. She was just returning from Canada after spending about 3years there. She actually went for her master degree in Canada, after completing her first degree. She graduated top of her class in her first degree in Economics and went for her master at the university of Montreal, on scholarship, where she obtained a Master of Mathematical and Computational Finance. She had become even more beautiful. She had a shapely figure. Her waist was curvilinear and she had a glossy skin. Her delicate ears, framed a dainty nose. Her black hair flowed over her shoulders. Her enticing eyes gazed into air over her heart shaped lips.

She headed straight to the baggage claim to get her luggage. She dialed her mum's number immediately she got her luggage.

"hello mum, I'm now in the country................ I'm heading straight home.......... okay mum, see you at home......... I missed you too." she said and ended the call.

She dragged her luggage and walked toward the exit direction of the airport.

Jewel was still seen standing outside the airport, waiting for the driver to arrive. He had been standing there for an hour. He was already frustrated. He kept staring at his bags. A car suddenly pulled to a stop at his front. His grandpa's driver quickly alighted from the car and went to meet him. He heaved a sigh of relief when he saw the driver.

"what took you so long? do you know for how long I have been standing here" Jewel said.

"I'm sorry sir. There was traffic jam." the driver responded.

"put my bags in the boot let's get out of this place" Jewel said.

"okay sir" the driver responded and quickly put the bags in the boot.

They entered the car and the driver started the engine.

Angel emerged from the airport immediately Jewel's car was about to drive off. She saw the car but didn't see the occupants in it. The car drove off before she could get closer. She went to the exact spot Jewel was previously standing and stood. She flagged down a cab, entered the cab and the cab drove off.

Jewel sat down quietly beside his grandpa in the sitting room. His luggage had already been taking to his room, and he had also rested already.

"welcome back home once more my son. I must say, I'm very proud of you. you made me vere proud. you showed that you are truly my grandson. Now that you have proven your worth to me, I think it's time to go into the business fully. Just get ready, next week I will introduce you to the board as the new vice president of the company." his grandpa said.

"vice president!" Jewel screamed, happily.

"yes, vice president" his grandpa responded.

"but grandpa, it's that position too big for me" Jewel asked.

"no, it's not too big for you. you have proven your worth already, and moreover you are my grandson. That position is rightfully yours." his grandpa said.

"thanks you very much sir for believing in me. I will never let you down" Jewel said.

Jewel couldn't believe his ears. So he will the vice president of his grandpa's company. A company that was well known all over the country. He couldn't believe that he would be the second in command, just directly under his grandpa who's the chairman of the company. He was very happy.

The sitting room door suddenly opened and a guy of about Jewel's age walked in. He went straight to Jewel's grandpa and prostrated before him.

"good afternoon sir" the guy greeted.

"good afternoon dear. how is your father?" Jewel's grandpa asked.

"he is fine sir" the guy responded.

"okay, you can have your seat." his grandpa said.

The guy sat down comfortably on the sofa.

"Steven, this is Jewel, my grandson. The one I told you about. He just returned from the state" Jewel's grandpa introduced Jewel to the guy.

"Jewel, this is Steven. He is my friend's grandson. He his very smart and trustworthy. He will be working directly under you when you finally assume office as the vice president." he introduced Steven to Jewel.

Jewel and Steven shook hands.

"it's nice meeting you" Jewel said.

"it's nice meeting you too." Steven responded.

Jewel seemed to like Steven already, even without knowing much about him. He looked cool, and Jewel felt they would do good together.

"where is the thing I asked you to get?" Jewel's grandpa asked Steven.

Steven brought out a car key from his pocket and handed to Jewel's grandpa. Jewel's grandpa handed the car key to Jewel.

"there is a brand new Lamborghini Aventador parked outside. It is your first official car. Let's say this is a way of saying, welcome to Edward Empire (E square)" his grandpa said.

Jewel screamed happily and immediately hugged his grandpa.

"thank you very much sir. I'm very grateful." he said.

He ran outside immediately to see his new car. He entered the sitting room minutes later.

"I love it grandpa. I love it a lot." he said, happily.

"I'm glad you like it." his
grandpa said.

"grandpa, can I drive my new car round town?" Jewel asked.

"sure, it's yours" his grandpa responded.

"thank you very much grandpa" Jewel said.

He turned to face Steven.

"what are you waiting for. come on, let me drive you round the town. We need to celebrate this" Jewel said, happily.

"you have to be careful on your way" Jewel's grandpa said.

"yes grandpa" Jewel responded.

Steven stood up and they both left the house happily.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Treasure17(m): 12:54am On Oct 31, 2018
Wao. See the way infant described Angel.Nawa o. The beginning of a new life for Jewel. Nice one infant...
Re: When Love Speaks by Mustack: 3:02am On Oct 31, 2018
Nice one bro... Keep the good work. GOD will bless you.
Re: When Love Speaks by toyhin123(f): 3:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks for the update infant, more ink to ur pen
Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2018
Am happy for Jewel and Angel both got quality education. Please I want reunion for them. Thanks for the update.
Re: When Love Speaks by PIUS2018: 6:19am On Oct 31, 2018
Interesting, tnks 4 d update.
Re: When Love Speaks by Tony142: 6:25am On Oct 31, 2018
aprilwise:
Am happy for Jewel and Angel both got quality education. Please I want reunion for them. Thanks for the update.

grin
Re: When Love Speaks by John944: 6:56am On Oct 31, 2018
Nice story you got! its super-dope!
Re: When Love Speaks by Mtsani00243(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2018
angel to works under jewel's office. I guess
Re: When Love Speaks by Mrmezico(m): 8:36am On Oct 31, 2018
Good work @Infant...loving ur interesting story. can't wait to see how, Whr and when Jewel will finally meet Angel again.

1 Like

Re: When Love Speaks by Emancipationice(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2018
Mtsani00243:
angel to works under jewel's office. I guess
I think so
Re: When Love Speaks by Komu1048(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2018
Thank God for not boring us about his life in u.s.a Nice update,please Daniel must suffer ooo.
Re: When Love Speaks by izaray(f): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by kzea4real(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2018
Interesting and thanks for the update.
Re: When Love Speaks by skubido(m): 12:17pm On Oct 31, 2018
Like the stuff @ airport... U make me remember Philippine Movie. Just can't wait for them to be together.

OP How abt that stupid Daniel,, guess he will be somewhere doing something meaningless now..

Tank a lot the update
Re: When Love Speaks by uhiochris1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2018
I dont know but i feel jewel will still go against the grandpa like his dad.
Re: When Love Speaks by Arom21(f): 7:31pm On Oct 31, 2018
Thank you for the update
Re: When Love Speaks by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
Keep up the good work
Re: When Love Speaks by infant(m): 12:52am On Nov 01, 2018
Episode 34

Angel walked into a restuarant to have lunch. That was her first time of going out since she returned from Canada. She noticed the number of heads that turned when she walked in but didn't mind. She went to the far left and sat down. A waiter approached her and she order for food. Her food was served and she started eating. Few minutes after eating silently, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up from her table to see a guy standing beside her.

"David!" she screamed, happily and immediately hugged the guy.
"when did you return to the country?"

"not quite long" David responded.

"why did you return all of a sudden?" Angel asked.

"I have unfinished business here" David responded.

"I see. please sit down" Angel said.

"thanks" David responded and sat down opposite Angel.

David was actually Angel's coursemate and closest friend at the university of Montreal, where she did her masters. He was very nice to her and that was what drew her closer to him. He was from a rich home. His father was a well known politician in the country.

"so what is this unfinished business that brought you back to the country?" Angel asked.

"I will tell you, but not now. Maybe when next we meet." David said.

"okay, if you say so. I'm very happy to see you" Angel said.

"I'm very happy to see you too" David responded.

Angel's phone suddenly started ringing. She brought out the phone from her bag and saw that it was an unknown number. she picked the call.

"hello..........yes this is Angel............yes, yes.............thank you very much. I will be there" she said and ended the call.

She turned to face David.

"I think I have to leave now. I just got a call from the company I applied for a job. I was told to come for an interview tomorrow, so I need to go and prepare." Angel said.

"it's okay. you can go ahead. I wish you goodluck" David said.

"thank you very much. see you some other time" Angel responded.

She carried her handbag, stood up and left the restuarant.

Jewel and Steven walked into a bar. They went to the counter and sat down on the stool beside it. The barman served them wine and they drank.

"congratulations once more on your new position." Steven said.

"Steven" Jewel called.

"yes" Steven responded.

"I know that the main reason why my father employed you to work directly under me, is for you to keep an eye on me. He wants you to report my every move to him. I want to tell you right now that you don't have to do that. We are grown ups now and we shouldn't be always guided by my parents or grandparents. We are big enough to make our own decisions. How we you feel if your movement is restricted because someone is reporting your every moves to your grandpa. I like you already and I don't want us to have any misunderstanding. Instead of acting as my grandpa's spy, why not become my friend. I'm sure we can achieve a lot if we work together." Jewel said.

Steven thought for a while. It seemed like what Jewel said sank in.

"It's true that your grandpa actually employed me to keep an eye on you. He wants me to report your every move to him. He wants to know the places you visit, the people you meet, and every other things you do. For this few days I have spent with you, I have come to realize that you are a nice guy. you treat me very well. I don't think you actually need to be monitored. So, I'm telling you this moment, and right now that, I pledge allegiance to you. I will never betray you. If at all I would report your movement to your grandpa, it would be what will favour you. I will never report anything that's doesn't favour you to him. That I promise" Steven said.

"I believe you, and thanks very much" Jewel said.
"so we are friends now right?"

"sure" Steven responded.

"friends" Jewel said and stretched his hand for a handshake.

"friends" Steven responded and shook hands with him.

"let me use the restroom" Jewel said and stood up.

"okay" Steven responded.

Jewel walked to restroom. He opened the door and entered. He observed his environment to see if there was anyone there. When he was sure that there was no one around, he brought out his phone and dialed a number which he saved as prof. Humphrey. He placed the phone on his ear and waited for response.

"hello, Jewel my son" his mum's voice sounded at the other end.

"hello mum. how are you?" Jewel asked.

"I'm fine and you"

"I'm fine too. How is dad?" Jewel asked.

"he is fine" his mum responded.

"mum, I have good news" Jewel said.

"what is it?" his mum asked.

"grandpa just made me the vice president of the company and also got me a new car" Jewel said, happily.

"wow! that's great. I'm happy for you, my son. you have to continue obeying your grandpa so that he will keep believing in you. Don't do anything that will make him suspicious of you." his mum said.

"yes mum. I'm trying my best" Jewel responded.

"that's good" his mum said.

"mum, do you know that grandpa is smarter than I thought" Jewel said.

"why do you say that?" his mum asked.

"he actually employed someone to monitor me" Jewel said.

"that means you have to be careful" his mum said.

"you don't need to worry yourself. everything has be resolved already." Jewel responded.

"okay, if you say so" his mum said.

"I have to go now before someone walks in here" Jewel said.

"okay dear, take care of yourself" his mum said.

"you too mum" Jewel responded and ended the call.

Jewel had always been in touch with his parent. He never lost contact with them, even though his phone was collected from him before he traveled to U.S. He had his parent numbers offhand. So all he did when he got to the U.S was to call them with his new phone, and they had been in touch ever since. He actually saved his mum's number as prof. Humphrey in order not to arouse any suspicion. He wouldn't want his grandpa to see his mum's number on his phone.

When Jewel was done, he walked back to meet Steven at the bar.

Jessica was seen in her kitchen preparing dinner. She was living in a flat which she rented for herself a year after graduating from school. While she was still searching for job 3years ago, she started a small business with the little money she saved up. After searching for job for a whole year without any success, she decided to focus alone on her business. Her small business grew over the years into a supermarket. She now earns more than she would have earned, working for any company. She also had people working for her and she pays them monthly salaries. Her status had gone from unemployed to employer of labour. Even if she gets a job offer from the best company in the country, she won't accept because she was already doing well for herself.

Henry suddenly entered the kitchen. He walked to meet Jessica and hugged her from behind.

"my love, you are back" Jessica said, smiling.

"yes love, I'm back for my baby" Henry responded.

She turned to face Henry and wrapped her hands around his neck.

"how was the interview?" Jessica asked.

"what else, if not same statement we get in all interview. we will get back to you." Henry said.

"don't worry love, you will still get a job" Jessica said.

"I think this will be the last time I will hunt for a job. I think I have to start a business just like you did. I have saved up to #250,000 already. It should be enough to start a small business. I can't just sit down and wait for one useless job that is not coming" Henry said.

"my love, whatever decision you make, just know that I'm right here to support you." Jessica said.

"thank you very much for being so supportive. I don't know what I would have done without you" Jewel said.

"you are my world. I can do anything for you" Jessica responded.

"thanks" Henry said.

"now go and wait in the sitting room, let me prepare dinner." Jessica said.

"okay love" Henry said and planted a kiss on Jessica's lips.

He turned and left the kitchen while Jessica continued preparing dinner.

Jessica and Henry actually started dating immediately they graduated from university. He couldn't help but fall in love with her, after the love and affection she showed to him when they were still in school. He later realized that what he felt for Angel wasn't love, he was just lusting after her. Ever since Jessica and Henry had been dating, Jessica had been the one taking care of him, as Henry couldn't get a job. All his effort to secure a job proved abortive. He had to move in to live with Jessica in her house when his landlord evicted him because he couldn't pay his rent. They had been living peacefully ever since.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Love Speaks by aprilwise(m): 2:13am On Nov 01, 2018
Thanks for your efforts of updating. You have not reveal to us who setup Jewel in the exam.
Re: When Love Speaks by Izzykeys051(m): 3:13am On Nov 01, 2018
Interesting, still waiting for Angel to meet Jewel o
nice update infant
Re: When Love Speaks by Tolanitycoon: 6:38am On Nov 01, 2018
If I no commend you wetin I gain ? . Job well done bro keep it up . Please update ASAP !!!
Re: When Love Speaks by Ann2012(f): 6:46am On Nov 01, 2018
Thanks OP
Re: When Love Speaks by Augustinaameh(f): 6:47am On Nov 01, 2018
Nice one infant

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply)

ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Hidden Diamonds / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.